Author Topic: Mass Effect 3-The ending is shite Macphisto  (Read 33375 times)

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Mass Effect 3-The ending is shite Macphisto
« on: April 8, 2011, 04:58:19 pm »
First proper Mass Effect 3 info – plot details, multiplay nixed
Not even 24 hours after Mass Effect 3 was confirmed as being on Game Informer’s next cover, the first proper information on the sure-to-giant BioWare RPG is now online.

Warning: SPOILERS.

MASS EFFECT 3

-Developed by EA super-studio, BioWare.
-Will release this holiday season for PC, 360 and PS3.
-ME3 is the final chapter in a trilogy that began in 2007.
-First teaser trailer showed London being invaded by the Reapers.

The game starts out with Shepard on trial on earth following the events of Mass Effect 2′s final DLC pack, Arrival. During the hearing, though, the Reapers start their invasion of the planet.

As well as that, Cerberus, the mysterious organisation that played a major part in Mass Effect 2, is out to kill Shepard. The Illusive Man is said to play an crucial role in ME3.

Squadmates confirmed for the game include Garrus, Liara and, depending on a choice made in Mass Effect 1, Kaiden or Ashley, with Wrex, Mordin, Legion and Anderson to also appear as non-party members – that’s assuming everyone’s still alive after your adventures in ME1 and ME2.

If you’re new to the series, the game will start out with a “Previously on Mass Effect” comic that enables you to make decisions in a similar fashion to the comic at the beginning of the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2.

The game will have multiple ending, some for good and some for bad. These will be influenced by who who you recruit to your squad.

While the game won’t be reverting to the Mass Effect 1 standard, RPG elements will be beefed up for ME3. More freedom will be given to character skills, skill trees will be bigger and your powers will evolve several times instead of just once.

The weapons in the game will be based on ME2, but will include mods, which will enable you to swap out gun parts, such as barrels, and scopes.

All classes will now go unhindered in terms of weapons, but will be limited in terms of carrying capacity. The only class to carry unlimited weapons is the soldier.

Despite previous speculation saying, there’s no multiplayer. BioWare apparently told Game Informer that it’ll look at it for future games or spin-offs, but it won’t be in ME3.

Mass Effect 3 releases this holiday season for Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3.

Mass Effect 3 trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGFjBmD41Q&feature=player_embedded#t=0s

Source:
http://www.vg247.com/2011/04/08/gi-drops-proper-mass-effect-3-info-plot-details-multiplayer-nixed/

HELL YEAH!!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 09:34:43 pm by Malaysian Kopite »
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
Re: Mass Effect 3- New Info (SPOILERS)
« Reply #1 on: April 8, 2011, 05:00:22 pm »
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 8, 2011, 06:01:39 pm »
Haha, Finn Solomon sums it up perfectly.

Will. Be. Played!
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline DM Red

• no it wasnt a knee jerk - just a jerk....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: April 8, 2011, 06:19:24 pm »
cannot wait for this.

and im happy to hear that there be more RPG elements to this one than ME2.

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mass Effect 3- New Info
« Reply #5 on: April 8, 2011, 07:56:18 pm »
Ashley back, and this time with her hair down:

Miranda and Ashley lesbian space orgy anyone?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 8, 2011, 10:11:19 pm »
^^ She looks like Kylie.

It's a big shame that Jack Wall isn't doing the OST this time around. The previous two games had probably the best music I've ever heard in a game. Clint Mansell is to take over from Wall. His score for the film Moon was brilliant, and I can only hope he's up to the job, because Wall's Mass Effect OST is going to be a tough act to follow.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 9, 2011, 06:03:36 pm »
^^ She looks like Kylie.

It's a big shame that Jack Wall isn't doing the OST this time around. The previous two games had probably the best music I've ever heard in a game. Clint Mansell is to take over from Wall. His score for the film Moon was brilliant, and I can only hope he's up to the job, because Wall's Mass Effect OST is going to be a tough act to follow.

Didn't know that, and I'll admit - had no idea who made the OST. But! I thought it was brilliant.

Hope mr. Mansell can follow up nicely. (And if Moon is anything to go by - class film!)
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 12:28:37 am »
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ashley was a complete twat! I delighted in getting her killed in ME1, despite my dislike for Kaiden ;D (i really wanted both of them to be able to die...)

Clint will do a good job, he doesn't do shit scores.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 01:04:29 am »
Good to see Ashley back. Wonder how my Shephard will take it since I had them in a relationship in ME1.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline usernamefc

• Kinky Winky Apiary Japery
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 04:36:37 am »
If you’re new to the series, the game will start out with a “Previously on Mass Effect” comic that enables you to make decisions in a similar fashion to the comic at the beginning of the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2.

Donno how this worked on the PS3 version, but thank fuck. Will make playing multiple times more interesting.

Offline Valore

• Why Don't You Come On Over
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Help Rafa, help us. Help Rafa... Help Us...
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 05:27:00 am »
Goddammit, I knew I shouldn't have shagged someone else in ME2. Bet Ashley is gonna kick me in the nads. She looks hotter too :P
They beat better teams on the way, won in circumstances when other teams would have surrendered, were given the last rites and pronounced dead at the scene, before grabbing the attendant by the throat on the slab in the morgue, making everyone jump.

- Martin Samuel, after we beat Arsenal 4-2 in the second leg of the CL QF 2007-200

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 06:50:35 am »
Goddammit, I knew I shouldn't have shagged someone else in ME2. Bet Ashley is gonna kick me in the nads. She looks hotter too :P
Exactly how do you shag birds in ME2? I've finished the game and im eyeing Miranda.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 08:00:10 am »
May I interest you in some Quarian antibiotics...
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Valore

• Why Don't You Come On Over
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Help Rafa, help us. Help Rafa... Help Us...
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 11:32:14 am »
May I interest you in some Quarian antibiotics...

I still like Tali better. Its just that it'll be a drag if she's not a main character.

Exactly how do you shag birds in ME2? I've finished the game and im eyeing Miranda.

May have left it a bit late if its already endgame. Do the standard bioware stuff, chat them up, be nice and then get them into the sack.
They beat better teams on the way, won in circumstances when other teams would have surrendered, were given the last rites and pronounced dead at the scene, before grabbing the attendant by the throat on the slab in the morgue, making everyone jump.

- Martin Samuel, after we beat Arsenal 4-2 in the second leg of the CL QF 2007-200

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 03:39:26 pm »
One of the best bits of ME2 are the random conversations between the PC and NPCs everywhere around the galaxy - spent plenty of time standing there just to laugh at how close to Earth these aliens actually were.

Come to think of it, if ME3 is about defending Earth there won't be much scope for humour, nein?
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 02:28:20 am »
One of the best bits of ME2 are the random conversations between the PC and NPCs everywhere around the galaxy - spent plenty of time standing there just to laugh at how close to Earth these aliens actually were.

Come to think of it, if ME3 is about defending Earth there won't be much scope for humour, nein?

Doubt there's gonna much humour. Looks pretty dark.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 07:39:01 am »
The final game in the series, Mass Effect 3 is a role-playing game with a third-person shooter combat system. The defining feature of the franchise is that decisions you make in one game will impact the next.

What's the story?
Piggybacking off of the final DLC available for Mass Effect 2, Arrival, Mass Effect 3 begins with Commander Shepard on trial. In the middle of it, the Reapers show up and start their attack on Earth. If you were concerned that the game would take place entirely on our home turf, don't be. BioWare's Casey Hudson said in the May issue of Game Informer, "The battle for Earth is lost. The only hope is to flee, gather support, and mount a counter-attack to reclaim the planet."

That means that instead of a focus on gathering squad mates, you'll be courting civilizations like the Salarians or Quarians to help ward off the Reapers and save not only Earth, but the entire galaxy.

Another twist revealed in Game Informer is that Cerberus has also decided to turn against Commander Shepard, though the reasoning for that isn't clear yet.

For the unfamiliar, the Reapers are a sentient race of machines who like to wipe out everything in the galaxy every 50,000 years or so. If you're new to the series, be sure to watch our Mass Effect in five minutes video to catch up on part of the storyline.

Will Shepard's powers be reset like they were at the beginning of Mass Effect 2?
BioWare hasn't give specifics yet, but Commander Shepard will not start from scratch the way he did in Mass Effect 2.

What does it play like?
We haven't seen any gameplay footage of Mass Effect 3, but the May issue of Game Informer had quite a few tidbits of juicy info.

Weapons are no longer restricted by class and are customizable with different barrels and scopes, etc. Biotic and tech powers are back of course, and Shepard's skill trees will be more fleshed out than before. Additionally, the cover system has been refined so you no longer need to slide into cover and then hop over objects.

As a whole though, the combat in Mass Effect 3 will play very similarly to Mass Effect 2.

Will it have multiplayer?
The first two titles did not include multiplayer elements, but there have been rumors that it could be incorporated into the third. BioWare's Casey Hudson commented in Game Informer that "we don't have anything to announce at this time" regarding multiplayer.

What characters will return?
So far, BioWare has confirmed the following cast for Mass Effect 3:

The Illusive Man
Garrus (if he survived)
James Sanders (NOT the soldier in the trailer)
Liara T'Soni
Kaidan Alenko or Ashley Williams (the Virmire survivor)
Legion (if he survived)
Wrex (if he survived)
Mordin (if he survived)
Ambassador Udina
Captain Anderson

Wasn't this game exclusive to Xbox 360?
Although Mass Effect was a former Microsoft exclusive (only available on Xbox 360 and PC), Mass Effect 2 was ported to the PlayStation 3 with an interactive back-story comic in 2011. Mass Effect 3 will release on all platforms simultaneously this fall.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1146752p1.html

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 11:08:59 am »
Fuck fuck fuck no Jack? She was my fave for Mass Effect 2! I don't see Miranda confirmed either, which is astounding.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 03:42:01 pm »
I think they'll all be involved one way or another. This has the potential to go straight to the top as the greatest video game trilogy ever if they just cater to the fans and give them what they want.

I'm convinced Sanders is going to die immediately, I see him in the same light as Jenkins and Wilson. Though there will be new characters I imagine. If you let everyone die bar 2 characters in ME2, then there's only 4 possible recurring characters to be on your team in this game.

Also the Cerberus thing puzzles me. Surely they are only against you in the default opening? I don't see how the decision at the end of ME2 is important at all if they will hate you regardless.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 04:22:25 pm »
I can. If you're Paragon, you blew up the Collector base and Cerberus hates your guts. If you're Renegade, Cerberus are sneaky treacherous bastards who decide to stab you in the back. It's still keeping within character for them.

I wouldn't worry too much about BioWare's ability to give the fans what they want, they're the only company left in the world who do so. To the point where memes on the official forums get included in the game.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 04:29:12 pm »
Kelly Chambers, the engineers, Dr Chakwas and Joker must return, especially Miss Yeoman!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 05:10:37 pm »
Kelly Chambers, the engineers, Dr Chakwas and Joker must return, especially Miss Yeoman!
Joker is already confirmed to be in it. That list above is just some early information.  Characters like Tali and Miranda are almost certainly going to be there too. Tali for sure, as Bioware still have to reveal what her race actually look-like under those visors. For some reason Tali didn't interest me that much in the first game, but she was by far my favourite character in the second. Oh, and don't forget EDI. Seeing that the Normandy will be back, I hope Tricia Helfer returns to do the voice again. Some of the interactions between her and Joker were brilliant.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 05:14:21 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 05:19:02 pm »
Miranda could actually be working against Shepard in the beginning.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 05:20:50 pm »
Miranda could actually be working against Shepard in the beginning.

And then there's the possibility of her turning on Cerberus (if she's with them, you can get her to quit Cerberus at the end of ME2) and joining Shep if she's either Loyal to him, or in a Romance. There's so many variables involved with so many characters, if they all work out and network properly... what a game we'll have on our hands.

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You've just got to let them know you exist
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 05:38:41 pm »
ME3 is going to be so huge it will be visible from space.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ashley was a complete twat! I delighted in getting her killed in ME1, despite my dislike for Kaiden ;D (i really wanted both of them to be able to die...)

Clint will do a good job, he doesn't do shit scores.

If Ashley died in your play-through of ME1, then you don't have to worry about her returning, no? Unless they're are ghost-zombies on the loose? Are there ghost-zombies?
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

XBL: MisiuPysiu / PSN: PysiuMisiu
Gamestyle articles what I wrote.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2011, 05:57:04 pm »
I think most of them tried to bite my Shepard's face off in the Collector Base attack.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 12:35:10 pm »
No Tali?
Boo hiss.
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011, 05:08:14 am »
Tali probably went back to rally the Migrant Fleet behind Shepard to deal with the squids, as I  believe the relationship between the Geth and the Quarians will be of major importance in this final installment - the Fleet is the largest in the galaxy and the Geth has very big numbers, all through the avatar of Legion. Would probably bring a conclusion to their conflict, either is wiped out or they co-exist back at the home planet as foreshadowed during Tali's loyalty mission in ME2.

Then there's the issue of distrust between the Alliance & the Council vs Ceberus.

I'm salivating already...

Offline Baraka

• bama. But a lot lot lot lot stupider. Has an IQ of 6½
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 08:18:47 pm »
really can not wait. Although I still need to get the last 2 dlc for me2 (shadow broker and arrival) I really cant wait
South Park>>>>>All.

Offline Okkervil

• Smells... love me love my gas
  • Legacy Fan
    • Support The Retired Greyhound Trust.
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 09:08:03 pm »
Cant wait for this. It will take over my life! Have my favourite ME2 save will all the DLC complete tucked away ready for action!
To make men Socialists is nothing, but to make Socialism human is a great thing. - Oscar Wilde

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2011, 06:26:11 pm »
No Tali?
Boo hiss.
Tali will be in it.  100% certain of that.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2011, 09:03:13 pm »
Cant wait for this. It will take over my life! Have my favourite ME2 save will all the DLC complete tucked away ready for action!

Me too. ;D This game will go down in history, of that I have no doubt. Absolute classic.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2011, 09:11:20 pm »
Just went for a spin in ME2 again, doing a couple of those post-main mission... missions.

ME3: I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2011, 09:12:40 pm »
Ken-Obi, Dragon Age or Mass Effect for you?

I prefer Mass Effect as a game, but Dragon Age has an incredibly rich, deep and detailed world.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2011, 05:26:36 pm »
 Is anybody else planning on doing a good run and a bad run through ME1/2 before this comes out so the ycan jump right into both storylines and outcomes?

Also I only have Mass Effect 2 (on pc), I never bothered with the first one so what will happen with all the characters and consequences that were meant to happen in the first one? And will I be able to carry across my save from ME2 without ME1?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2011, 06:03:11 pm »
Is anybody else planning on doing a good run and a bad run through ME1/2 before this comes out so the ycan jump right into both storylines and outcomes?

Also I only have Mass Effect 2 (on pc), I never bothered with the first one so what will happen with all the characters and consequences that were meant to happen in the first one? And will I be able to carry across my save from ME2 without ME1?
You should be able to carry across your choices to ME3 even if you haven't played the first. I do recommend that you get the first game, though. You won't be doing the series (or yourself) justice without starting from the very beginning.

Offline Bethany_LFC

• Anny Roader
  • Seconds away from Disaster...
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2011, 06:04:54 pm »
I love Mass Effect.

Easily one of the best story games out there.

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2011, 06:15:53 pm »
Can't wait for this. Still waiting for a KOTOR3 of course as well.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2011, 04:23:50 am »
Can't wait for this. Still waiting for a KOTOR3 of course as well.

There won't be one, Bioware has that Old Republic MMO.
Twitter - FinnSolomon