Poll

Who would you prefer to win the league?

Chelsea
Spurs
Don't care - I dislike them equally

Author Topic: Title Race - Who would you rather win?  (Read 9172 times)

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
Re: Title Race - Who would you rather win?
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2017, 04:58:35 pm »
Would be hard to stomach seeing Spurs win a Premiership before us but I'd still prefer it to that gang of absolute twats from Stamford Bridge.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2017, 05:03:08 pm »
I chose Spurs. The 3rd choice is not neither it is dont care because you dislike both equally. Well that is not the case. As others have said Spurs fans are annoying. But so what. Rival fans are supposed to be rivals and annoying is par for the course. Chelsea fans however are absolutely disgusting in comparison. On a par with United fans singing Always the victims and disrespecting minutes silences etc. Come on you Spurs i say.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2017, 05:04:37 pm »
Not really bothered. It's over anyway, Chelsea have 1 tough game left and can afford to lose it even if Spurs win every game.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2017, 05:51:39 pm »
Hate both, but the spurs hate is lifelong, Chelsea didnt exist 12 years ago so its easier when they win things.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2017, 06:08:07 pm »
Tied on points and goals...one game playoff at Wembley. No matter which team you dislike the most, I think we'd all be on board for that and whatever result it leaves us with.

In reality...Spurs. A new winner is always a positive. And Arsenalfantv would be immense over the summer.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2017, 06:12:26 pm »
You don't hear Utd fans singing "13 times, 13 times, Man Utd."
Actually they totally should sing this.  The amount of needle is colossal.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2017, 06:15:30 pm »
I'd lean towards Spurs personally. Absolutely detest Chelsea. Far, far, far more than Arsenal. I actually have a grudging respect for a lot of what Arsenal have achieved. They've done it (mostly) the right way.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2017, 06:18:00 pm »
I'd lean towards Spurs personally. Absolutely detest Chelsea. Far, far, far more than Arsenal. I actually have a grudging respect for a lot of what Arsenal have achieved. They've done it (mostly) the right way.

Which is why I want chelsea to win it, because Spurs would have done it the right way. Cant have that.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2017, 06:20:24 pm »
Which is why I want chelsea to win it, because Spurs would have done it the right way. Cant have that.

;D I dunno! You try to be nice!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2017, 06:21:55 pm »

Come on Tommy are you allowed?  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2017, 06:45:03 pm »
I hate Chelsea whereas I'm fairly apathetic towards Tottenham, so you'd think I'd want Spurs to win.

But I don't, because Chelsea have been established title contenders (with one or two blips) for much of the past 15 years. I'm 22, I've grown up seeing mostly Chelsea and Man United winning the league, and so I'm kind of numb to Chelsea winning the league. I've grown up in their golden age, they win the league every few years, and they're nowhere near Liverpool's total, so it doesn't really hurt that much.

Spurs winning it, on the other hand, is more painful. They're a team with similar financial resources to us, so it makes me that bit more envious. We're not in Chelsea's league financially so it doesn't hurt when they win the league, because that's what you expect from them, but if Spurs can win the league, then so can we, and it hurts that we didn't. We will always be underdogs when competing with Chelsea's huge resources, but we have no such excuse with Spurs.

Leicester winning it was different, because that was so out of the blue and bizarre, with relegation candidates winning the title easily. ;D That's unlikely to be repeated in my lifetime, so it was easy to wish them well.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2017, 06:50:39 pm »
Come on Tommy are you allowed?  ;D

Errrr, it's probably not a popular opinion! But I'm a rebellious bastard! ;)

I seem to be one of the few Spurs fans these days that's desperate to see Wenger go! I think he's done an outstanding job. I honestly can't understand the Spurs fans that sing "We want you to stay!". He's made us look like a right bunch of melons the last couple of decades.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2017, 06:55:52 pm »
Voted Chelsea. One of my best friends is a Spurs fan and he'll be unbearable if Spurs win the league. If it wasn't for that I'd have preferred them to win it.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2017, 06:59:40 pm »
Us. What kind of a question is that? ;D

I hate Chelsea nearly as much as united, so, not them!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2017, 07:00:07 pm »
Voted Chelsea. One of my best friends is a Spurs fan and he'll be unbearable if Spurs win the league. If it wasn't for that I'd have preferred them to win it.

Fuck your best mates happiness! Who needs enemies eh?!  ;) :D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2017, 07:05:36 pm »

Fuck your best mates happiness! Who needs enemies eh?!  ;) :D

Pretty much ;D

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2017, 08:55:08 pm »
Tough one, cant abide either team, however on general principle I have to say Chelsea. We would never hear the last of it if Spurs won a title before us. In addition I have a particular dislike of Dele Ali, so therefore as much as it pains me to say - Chelsea.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2017, 09:22:17 pm »
It would be painful to see Spurs win the league & some of their fans would be fucking annoying about it. Conte I can respect, however I can't escape the fact that Chelsea & their fans are a gang of c*nts led by John Terry waving absolutely shit plastic flags.

So Spurs

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2017, 10:39:54 pm »
close poll! thought chelsea would be ahead to be honest.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2017, 10:49:18 pm »
close poll! thought chelsea would be ahead to be honest.

I'm surprised. But it's not because I expected Chelsea to be ahead. In fact I can't believe so many of you voted for them, given Chelsea's fanbase and their total disrespect towards the 96, the city of Liverpool and scousers in general.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2017, 10:50:39 pm »

I'm surprised. But it's not because I expected Chelsea to be ahead. In fact I can't believe so many of you voted for them, given Chelsea's fanbase and their total disrespect towards the 96, the city of Liverpool and scousers in general.
Well said.

I'm very close to not being assed, then I remember how inherently scummy that club is.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2017, 10:53:57 pm »
If it's not us I couldn't give a flying fuck to be honest.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2017, 10:56:07 pm »

Really Craig? You wouldn't mind if Man Utd won it in the future then? Because I would mate.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2017, 11:13:59 pm »
Has to be Spurs for me. Chelsea are an absolute deplorable club from top to bottom. Second only behind the Mancs in my list of disliked clubs. Anyone who would rather they win than Spurs, needs to give their heads a serious wobble.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2017, 12:03:34 am »

Really Craig? You wouldn't mind if Man Utd won it in the future then? Because I would mate.
Thought we were only talking about genuine title contenders ;)

Out of Spuds and Chelsea I don't care I should if said but to be honest of fans of those clubs that I know I'd rather Chelsea win, the club themselves and fans I don't know, I'd rather Spuds obviously. I'm just pissed we aren't in the race ourselves all because one fuck up of a month.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2017, 12:08:47 am »
Has to be Spurs for me. Chelsea are an absolute deplorable club from top to bottom. Second only behind the Mancs in my list of disliked clubs. Anyone who would rather they win than Spurs, needs to give their heads a serious wobble.
Doesnt work like that first and foremost though does it. For me I hate clubs in order of how much shite I get off their fans, so for people with similar views it will all be different depending on the area they live in. Just going by clubs themselves there is no doubt it would be Mancs then Chelsea.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2017, 01:42:41 am »
I picked Spurs Chelsea.
Chelsea are Chelsea, they've been big spenders and we're not competing for the same sorts of players.
Tottenham are the team that seem to have a similar structure or business plan as ours (i.e aren't the biggest spenders), and we're competing for the same types of players at the same market value. They've already shifted ahead of us over the last 5 years or so, a title would absolutely cement their credentials as major players in the league and it would be at the expense of Arsenal and ourselves.

In short, they gain far more from a league title than Chelsea would, and only because of that reason I'd rather Chelsea won it.

Spot on. I can handle a Leicester fluke, and in a way I can handle an oil club winning because you know they're just doped up, soulless corporations that nobody can really get too excited about, but Spurs winning a title means they're officially doing it better than us and will never let us forget it, the c*nts.

edit: it helps that I don't personally know any Chelsea fans who actually care enough to realise they're on track to win another title, or to take the piss. All of these so-called fans are of course post-2003 converts so they have no bragging rights anyway.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 01:47:24 am by GreatEx »

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2017, 05:35:39 am »
Tottenham will be unbearable if they win, whereas it won't make much of a difference to Chelsea. Also, as hilarious as it would be to see them blow a 10-point lead, it'll be just as funny to see them make Jose look stupid by winning the league with pretty much the same squad he was in a relegation battle with.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2017, 06:06:44 am »

Correct.

With their income, they are likely to win more trophies and we can't just rely on them making bad decisions about their manager, bad signings or that other teams will win instead of them. It's up to us to win trophies.

Chelsea or Spurs (or City or Arsenal) winning would allow people to be comfortable about where we are. United winning another league before us might kick people up the arse and remind us all that we need to actually win the league and not pray for someone else to stop United.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2017, 06:11:19 am »
Chelsea or Spurs (or City or Arsenal) winning would allow people to be comfortable about where we are. United winning another league before us might kick people up the arse and remind us all that we need to actually win the league and not pray for someone else to stop United.

I know what you're saying and one would hope something like that would make us get our arses into gear. But it hasn't before. We've just allowed them to catch up to us and eventually overtake us mate.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2017, 06:51:22 am »
Are we winning it...if not, I don't give a fuck.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2017, 07:39:45 am »
Definitely Chelsea.

At the moment Spurs is in a similar level of regard in Europe to us. Winning the league would make them a much more attractive destination for top players than they are now.

I hate Chelsea much more, mind you. But you've gotta be practical.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2017, 08:44:03 am »
Hate both, but the spurs hate is lifelong, Chelsea didnt exist 12 years ago so its easier when they win things.

Must be thinking of a different team who knocked you out of Europe in 2004 then. ;)

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2017, 08:54:04 am »
I want to see a Chelsea humiliaton, so if they could lose it on the last day on goaldifference, I'd be quite happy. Spurs are more exciting to watch, aren't snidey shithouses like Chelsea (or at least not as much) and they have developed this team over years. Plus I know some Spurs fans who are all decent blokes. And I also know some Chelsea fans who are all arrogant bastards.

But for us, it would be better if Chelsea win it. Spurs are becoming a brilliant team on their own and a title win would give the whole club a lift. Would be great if we snatched 2nd from Spurs and they lost the FA cup final too (if they reach it). Finishing 3rd in a two-horse race comes to mind.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2017, 09:11:52 am »
What about the Cup?  Would quite like to see City v Spurs final although wouldn't want the endless Ricky Villa repeats for the next month!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2017, 09:15:24 am »
Hate both.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2017, 10:20:47 am »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2017, 11:29:35 am »
Despise Chelsea fans and their Club and what it stands for. Scum.
Dislike some Tottenham fans

Would prefer Spurs to win it
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2017, 01:15:36 pm »
As much as spurs are a major irritant, Chelsea are the devil incarnate. Their conduct towards us, the city, their billionaire owner and their chanting during certain games makes them representative of everything that is detestable about the modern game.

Much prefer spurs to win it and I cannot help but quite like their manager who goes about his business in a very professional way.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2017, 01:47:53 pm »
Spurs all day long, granted they have a few knob fans, but the majority are good lads. Wont see them booing and chanting during a minutes silence for Hillsborough.