Poll

Who would you prefer to win the league?

Chelsea
Spurs
Don't care - I dislike them equally

Author Topic: Title Race - Who would you rather win?  (Read 9173 times)

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Title Race - Who would you rather win?
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2017, 02:51:39 pm »
Surprised at the votes for Spurs. Them winning widens the gap between us and them for potential transfers. They seem to have the right man in charge playing good football.The lure of being Champions and playing in London will have players who we target favour them.

Chelsea winning doesn't really change much in the grand scheme of things, and their titles will always be marred with the Abramovic brush. They will always spend big, and top players will always look to go there for the money.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2017, 05:47:25 pm »
Spurs all day long, granted they have a few knob fans, but the majority are good lads. Wont see them booing and chanting during a minutes silence for Hillsborough.

This is why people have voted for Spurs.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline FinnanTastic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2017, 08:30:30 pm »
The only knob headed spurs fans I come across are the ones on the Internet, with such charming threads as "Victimpool" and "the Dippers" I honestly dont see where things like this come from ,nowhere on this forum is there any such animosity towards any other club to warrant thread titles like these,not just spurs but nearly every other club, can anyone elaborate ? it cant be just our fervent support.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2017, 09:40:48 pm »
The only knob headed spurs fans I come across are the ones on the Internet, with such charming threads as "Victimpool" and "the Dippers" I honestly dont see where things like this come from ,nowhere on this forum is there any such animosity towards any other club to warrant thread titles like these,not just spurs but nearly every other club, can anyone elaborate ? it cant be just our fervent support.

That's probably more a reflection on rawk than on our entire fan base. We also have a minority of dickhead fans. I'm sure there are places on the internet where you can find Liverpool supporters making fun of Munich or other below the belt topics. Thankfully not here though, seems like there's a zero tolerence policy towards such things.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2017, 09:24:45 am »

Online surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2017, 11:39:39 am »
Spurs.

I understand the logic about them becoming more attractive than us and whatever, but anytime you pitch an artificial monster v a club organically developed, I would love to see proper work win out.

You obviously make an exception for Everton but the rest yeah, spurs over Chelsea.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2017, 01:53:27 pm »
How would anyone want those vile Chelsea pieces of scum to win anything is beyond me
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2017, 02:35:58 pm »
Spurs all day long, granted they have a few knob fans, but the majority are good lads. Wont see them booing and chanting during a minutes silence for Hillsborough.
Agreed. For those that need reminding of this disgusting lot:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fk5cIIPMZm4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fk5cIIPMZm4</a>
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2017, 11:44:50 pm »
How would anyone want those vile Chelsea pieces of scum to win anything is beyond me

It is quite simple, actually. We must get Arsenal, Man Utd and Tottenham out of our way, before we take on the oil clubs.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2017, 12:06:41 am »

agreed. spurs all day long for me. absolutely detest chelsea and i think the reasons some people in this thread have for wanting spurs not to win are petty and pathetic. who cares if they win a league before we do?  id much rather that than these horrible chelsea pricks winning again with their bland functional football.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2017, 08:15:12 am »
If this poll had been titled 'Who would you rather be struck by an outbreak of rabies?', I wonder if the result would still be so even?

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2017, 08:24:05 am »
It is quite simple, actually.

It might be simple for you with you not being a scouser. Or not having family that are scouse. It's not that simple at all for a lot of us though. If you think about how their cuntish fans have disrespected Hillsborough and the 96 on more than one occasion. And have shown nothing but contempt for scousers and the city of Liverpool in general. How as a red could you want that gang of twats to win anything?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 08:32:32 am by Lycan »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2017, 08:59:33 am »
Obviously would rather we won the league, but between these two would have to chose Tottenham. It would be a good thing for us, our owners and the players to see that for two consecutive seasons , money didn't win over teamwork. Leicester and spurs back to back would show everyone that we could also do it, and as previously mentioned and noted the champions would be under pressure from rich clubs after their star players plus playing at Wembley next season is likely to mess them up. Hopefully winning the league would in some strange way make them weaker, perhaps the manager goes to Spain?
Also would rather Everton won it than the Chelsea scum, and that's saying something.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2017, 09:04:21 am »

It might be simple for you with you not being a scouser. Or not having family that are scouse. It's not that simple at all for a lot of us though. If you think about how their cuntish fans have disrespected Hillsborough and the 96 on more than one occasion. And have shown nothing but contempt for scousers and the city of Liverpool in general. How as a red could you want that gang of twats to win anything?

Lycan, I think you're being over simplistic and I've got a couple of issues with bringing up Hillsborough in this.

Firstly, if we only use Hillsborough to determine which club we want to win games/titles, then why do we get so much joy out of Everton losing? Their conduct and behaviour regarding Hillsborough has been exemplary, we couldn't have asked for better neighbours. Yet the majority of Liverpool fans love to see them lose and would hate to see them win the title. Their conduct regarding Hillsborough clearly doesn't come into it, so when do we pick and choose when we use a clubs conduct regarding Hillsborough as a factor?

Secondly, not all Chelsea fans are scum and not all Tottenham fans are saints. I used to work with loads of Chelsea fans and, believe it or not, most were sound. How should one vote, in your opinion, if in their own personal experience the Chelsea fans are better than the Spurs fans on the key issues you've mentioned (i.e. Hillsborough and attitude to Scousers)? 

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2017, 09:06:54 am »
Lycan, I think you're being over simplistic and I've got a couple of issues with bringing up Hillsborough in this.

Firstly, if we only use Hillsborough to determine which club we want to win games/titles, then why do we get so much joy out of Everton losing? Their conduct and behaviour regarding Hillsborough has been exemplary, we couldn't have asked for better neighbours. Yet the majority of Liverpool fans love to see them lose and would hate to see them win the title. Their conduct regarding Hillsborough clearly doesn't come into it, so when do we pick and choose when we use a clubs conduct regarding Hillsborough as a factor?

That's completely different. Hillsborough is nothing to do with that. They're are our city rivals. We have family that support the other half. Some of us live with them. Some of us work with them. So of course we don't want them to win the league. And of course we love it when they lose. That's only natural mate. There is no hatred there. That's just the way it is. They don't want us to win anything either.

I find it strange you tried to compare the two to be honest with you mate.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:20:57 am by Lycan »

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2017, 09:09:42 am »
Oh and of course not every Chelsea fan is a c*nt. But I'd say there is a large majority of them within their support that are fucking horrible. Right up there with the mancs imo.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:12:36 am by Lycan »

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2017, 09:41:01 am »
I find it strange you tried to compare the two to be honest with you mate.

I was just a bit confused about when we should use a club's conduct over Hillsborough to like/hate them and when we shouldn't. Still a bit confused to be honest with you.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2017, 09:52:00 am »
I was just a bit confused about when we should use a club's conduct over Hillsborough to like/hate them and when we shouldn't. Still a bit confused to be honest with you.

I don't know what the confusion is to be honest with you. Any fan base that sings songs about Hillsborough or breaks the minutes silence are a gang of twats imo. That's enough for me to hate them. But if it doesn't bother you that much it's up to you. I'm not forcing you to hate Chelsea or their fan base.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:53:39 am by Lycan »

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2017, 09:56:27 am »

I don't know what the confusion is to be honest with you. Any fan base that sings songs about Hillsborough or breaks the minutes silence are a gang of twats imo. That's enough for me to hate them. But if it doesn't bother you that much it's up to you. I'm not forcing you to hate Chelsea or their fan base.

It does bother me whenever anyone's disrespectful over Hillsborough.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2017, 10:10:16 am »
It does bother me whenever anyone's disrespectful over Hillsborough.

That's why I hate their fan base and wouldn't want their team winning anything. Just watch the clip above in that FA Cup semi-final from a few years ago. Hundreds, if not thousands of them chanting "murderers" during the minutes silence for Hillsborough. Bastards!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 10:22:20 am by Lycan »

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2017, 10:11:28 am »
Probably Spurs just about, but I don't think they will.