Author Topic: Serie A 2016/17 Season Discussion  (Read 35308 times)

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Serie A 2016/17 Season Discussion
« Reply #80 on: October 3, 2016, 09:59:42 am »
Aye, it's a tad depressing seeing Juve with a lead at the top again.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #81 on: October 3, 2016, 11:25:56 am »
Feels like Juventus almost have the league wrapped up. Obviously they haven't but it's looks a long way back for Roma, Napoli or Milan to claw back Juventus.

That would make it 6 leagues titles on the run for Juventus. If you look back at Serie A from 2004-05 it's been 5 titles on the run for Inter followed by a solitary Milan title followed by Juventus for 5 (probably more titles).

That's a bit of a difference from Serie A in the 50's through to the 00's when only Milan one the league 3 times on the run. Probably points to the lack of overall quality in the league. Beyond Juventus how many current Serie A teams could regularly compete for Europe's top competitions? That's completely different to the 80's and 90's where Serie A consistently had 7 or 8 of the best teams in Europe playing in the league.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: October 3, 2016, 11:39:04 am »
Serie A needs the Milans back for it to be competitive.

Napoli and Roma are absolutely useless. Another season where Juve are sleepwalking towards the Scudetto.

Yep, I love the league but the "title race", well there isn't one! Napoli aren't good enough. Roma could have a 14 point lead with 5 games left and would choke it away, the rest are dismal. Even last year when it was close at one point I dont think anyone outside of Naples thought Napoli would hold on. I miss the Milan derbies where both or at least one was excellent. Outside of the young keeper and Bacca you could easily make a case that not one of this Milan squad would even get on the bench for some of their other teams in recent decades!

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 6, 2016, 05:28:03 pm »
Rudiger back training with Roma squad.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #84 on: October 6, 2016, 05:33:31 pm »
Wonder if Belotti will get a start for Italy tonight. I'd argue he deserves it and Ventura knows all about him which can only go in his favour.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 7, 2016, 09:30:19 pm »
So Sabatini resigned from Roma.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #86 on: October 9, 2016, 09:17:03 am »
Milik potentially out for the season with an injury on international duty, he'd started so well too.

Offline Eleven

• Voted for Trump. Not keen on LGBT rights.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #87 on: October 9, 2016, 01:48:40 pm »
Milik potentially out for the season with an injury on international duty, he'd started so well too.
A big fan of his he's one my favourite strikers around, that's a real shame to hear about his injury  :(

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2016, 05:40:40 pm »
Dzeko with two as Roma beat Napoli 3-1.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2016, 04:02:06 pm »
Inter are fucking shit.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2016, 04:02:31 pm »
De Boer has to be on thin ice already. These terrible results are starting to stack up.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2016, 04:20:45 pm »
I've watched Inter a couple times this season and they're a very strange team. They play some great stuff at times, with Perisic, Banega and Candreva interchanging behind Icardi. Joao Mario has started well for them as well. They keep the ball nicely but lack a cutting edge, and often end up playing it wide for Perisic or Candreva to swing in a cross for Icardi, who's decent in the air but not quite Benteke! They also have a worrying tendency of conceding very soft goals, not a good combination.

It's still too early to be asking questions about De Boer but I find his handling of Kondogbia and Brozovic a bit strange. He subbed Kondogbia off after half an hour the other week, he'd made a mistake that led to Inter conceding but I thought he was playing alright overall. Criticised both Kondogbia and Brovozic in public as well, not sure what's gone on there.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2016, 04:38:33 pm »
De Boer has to be on thin ice already. These terrible results are starting to stack up.

I'd be very surprised if he survives the season. Their squad is far too talented on paper to be this shit.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2016, 04:40:22 pm »
I'd be very surprised if he survives the season. Their squad is far too talented on paper to be this shit.

The only game I've seen them play was the debacle against Hapoel Beer Sheva. They could've conceded 5 or 6 in that game, at home!

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2016, 04:41:00 pm »
Inter are a joke. How the fuck did Icardi get the captaincy? He's a bellend and hardly a leader. Good poacher but thats about it!

Wont have it for much longer by the sound of it anyway after his latest stupid antics.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2016, 06:42:39 pm »
Just saw it mentioned  that Inter spent over 100mil net in this summer window.

How the hell did they suddenly become this rich ?

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2016, 06:52:04 pm »
Just saw it mentioned  that Inter spent over 100mil net in this summer window.

How the hell did they suddenly become this rich ?
http://www.espnfc.us/internazionale/story/2887090/inter-milan-announce-sale-of-club-to-chinese-firm-suning-holdings-group
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline IzeOfAnfield

• Main Stander
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2016, 06:52:20 pm »
Not that I have a soft spot for Inter, but it'd be nice to see a team actually start to challenge Juve domestically. Not that anyone in the league is going to challenge them this season, but it'd be nice to see teams like Milan, Inter, and Roma try and get back to the top of the pile.
Got to love the Klopp

Offline Eleven

• Anny Roader
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2016, 06:59:03 pm »
Not that I have a soft spot for Inter, but it'd be nice to see a team actually start to challenge Juve domestically. Not that anyone in the league is going to challenge them this season, but it'd be nice to see teams like Milan, Inter, and Roma try and get back to the top of the pile.
Well I've read rumors that Simeone could be going to Inter either in the summer of 2017 or 2018, that would be a start for them acquiring the best manager in the world.

They have a talented squad and you feel that Simeone with his credneintals, can turn them into the European force they were at the start of this decade. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 07:03:32 pm by Eleven »

Offline IzeOfAnfield

• Main Stander
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2016, 07:12:33 pm »
Well I've read rumors that Simeone could be going to Inter either in the summer of 2017 or 2018, that would be a start for them acquiring the best manager in the world.

They have a talented squad and you feel that Simeone with his credneintals, can turn them into the European force they were at the start of this decade.

While a project like Inter could certainly suit Simeone's ambitions, i'm not sure why Juve themselves wouldn't try to snatch him up. Less rebuilding to do, and he could be the difference maker in taking them through Europe with some tweaks here and there with the squad they got.

Who knows what these new Inter owners have planned, though I expect it involves throwing truckloads of money around. They're squad is definitely decent, but they're miles behind Juve and would need to close the gap a bit I think to attract Simeone.
Got to love the Klopp

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2016, 07:16:24 pm »
While a project like Inter could certainly suit Simeone's ambitions, i'm not sure why Juve themselves wouldn't try to snatch him up. Less rebuilding to do, and he could be the difference maker in taking them through Europe with some tweaks here and there with the squad they got.

Who knows what these new Inter owners have planned, though I expect it involves throwing truckloads of money around. They're squad is definitely decent, but they're miles behind Juve and would need to close the gap a bit I think to attract Simeone.
pretty certain simeone has effectively said he's going to inter next

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2016, 07:26:52 pm »
pretty certain simeone has effectively said he's going to inter next
Really? thats kind of cool and interesting but seems like a big step down at the same time.. I hope its not for financial reasons.

presumably he'd try and pick up his kid Giovanni from Genoa if thats the case.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Eleven

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2016, 09:21:07 pm »
Milan vs Juve on at the moment, Milan winning 1-0 thanks to a cracking goal from 18 year old Locatelli

I like the look of this young Milan side under Montella, if they beat Juventus they will go two points behind Juve.

Got a soft spot for Milan, would love to seem be relevant again.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2016, 03:29:34 pm »
Immobile has just equalised for Lazio against Torino and what a finish it was too.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2016, 03:32:57 pm »
Screamer from Eder in the Inter-Atlanta match.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2016, 03:54:39 pm »
Hope Bore hasn't moved his stuff over from Holland yet, he'll be back there before Christmas.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2016, 03:55:44 pm »
Hope Bore hasn't moved his stuff over from Holland yet, he'll be back there before Christmas.

Needs sacking.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2016, 04:21:48 pm »
Inter are in complete disarray! Crazy considering the money they spent on the likes of Joao Mario and Barbosa. Any Italian fans who can shed some light on what's going on? From what I've read there's been so very questionable man management with him marginalising players like Kondogbia and Brozovic.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2016, 04:22:32 pm »

Napoli won away 2-1 after going down to 10 men in the 1st half - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00XCg61-yXU

Cagliari vs Fiorentina looked a cracking game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxRuNGFdCLE
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:30:11 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2016, 04:43:49 pm »
De Boer has to be teetering on the brink now. 11 points and a minus GD from 9 games is just not good enough for a squad with that amount of talent.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2016, 09:21:24 pm »
Good to see Milan near the top of the table again.

Offline Eleven

• Anny Roader
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2016, 07:36:26 am »
Inter are the Serie A equivalent to United, all that money spent and it doesn't mean a dam thing if you have an average manager in charge, your not going to achieve success without a structure and those two clubs don't have one.

Instead of spending what they have in the last two seasons, they should of focused on hiring a top class manager, who could of molded them into a quality team.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 07:42:22 am by Eleven »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2016, 08:29:46 pm »
Juve crusing 2-0 up after 10 mins v Samp at home.

Napoli battering Empoli but no breakthrough and Mauro icardi pounced on a Joe Hart blunder (oops!) to score again even though the Inter Ultra's are
still at war with him.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2016, 08:33:14 pm »
Cagliari have conceded 8 in the 135 minutes of play.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2016, 08:57:37 pm »
Merten 1-0  Could be a big goal with Roma one down at Sassuolo.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2016, 08:59:52 pm »
Dzeko's 9th of the season 1-1

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2016, 09:39:33 pm »
Big win for Roma and Napoli cruised to a 2-0 in the end.

10 in 10 for Edin Dzeko and Icardi got a brace to take his tally to 8.

Juve 4-1 winners over Samp and just 2 pts clear of Roma now.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2016, 09:44:21 pm »
Serie A seems to be very goal heavy this season. Lots of teams are worth watching this season.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2016, 09:45:48 pm »
Serie A seems to be very goal heavy this season. Lots of teams are worth watching this season.

Weren't there more goals in Serie A last season as compared to any other top 5 league in Europe?

EDIT: Just checked and I'm wrong.

Serie A: 979
EPL: 1,026
BuLi: 866
Ligue 1: 960
La Liga: 1043
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:49:52 pm by Kopenhagen »

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2016, 09:49:37 pm »
Weren't there more goals in Serie A last season as compared to any other top 5 league in Europe?

I hadn't seen that but there certainly seems to be plenty so far this season. Some very entertaining games in the past few days. Cagliari involved in 2 of them.