Author Topic: Tim Sherwood  (Read 90095 times)

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Tim Sherwood
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2015, 12:44:46 am »
POP, whilst you're online is there any reason (that can be posted on a public forum) that Curbishley has not had a job (bar less than two months at Fulham) in football in c.7 years? Apart from the odd punditry, do you know what he's been doing all that time??

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2015, 12:48:40 am »
POP, whilst you're online is there any reason (that can be posted on a public forum) that Curbishley has not had a job (bar less than two months at Fulham) in football in c.7 years? Apart from the odd punditry, do you know what he's been doing all that time??

He does coaching courses, as far as I know. I've no idea why he's not getting any jobs, it's well outside my sphere of knowledge, but I know a few people who've attended courses and seminars in London that he's been a participant/presenter at.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2015, 12:59:02 am »
He does coaching courses, as far as I know. I've no idea why he's not getting any jobs, it's well outside my sphere of knowledge, but I know a few people who've attended courses and seminars in London that he's been a participant/presenter at.

Fair enough, cheers.

As above has always seemed a weird situation to me, maybe he's just happier out of the limelight.

Was a lot of dodgy stuff going on at West Ham around then, made me wonder if he'd either made some powerful enemies or acquired some skeletons in the closet that made him a no go area.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2015, 01:01:47 am »
Fair enough, cheers.

As above has always seemed a weird situation to me, maybe he's just happier out of the limelight.

Was a lot of dodgy stuff going on at West Ham around then, made me wonder if he'd either made some powerful enemies or acquired some skeletons in the closet that made him a no go area.

If Malky Mackay can get away with having a skeletal blue whale in his closet that everyone knows about, then so can everyone.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2015, 01:15:04 am »
Just as an aside I've always felt Curbishley has been massively hard done by. He performed minor miracles with Charlton (consecutive promotions then consolidation in the PL) and left West Ham with them in the top half. He seems to have been black-listed for taking legal action against West Ham.

Genuinely feel for the guy when you see people like Sherwood, Warnock, Pardew, Pearce etc get jobs whilst he is left twiddling his thumbs.

pardew in fairness is a decent manager, colin got sacked not long after getting a PL job, stuart Pearce, well danny mills spoke the truth about him

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2015, 05:53:12 pm »
Tim Sherwood remembers taking on 'handful' Christian Benteke - despite NEVER facing him

The new Aston Villa boss slipped up in his opening press conference, as the Belgian star didn't play for the Midlands side against Spurs when Sherwood was in charge

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tim-sherwood-remembers-taking-handful-5177202#rlabs=16

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #166 on: February 17, 2015, 05:54:59 pm »
No Brainer indeed.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: February 17, 2015, 06:10:44 pm »
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #168 on: February 18, 2015, 03:15:54 pm »
Apparently he is calling himself the 'HeadMaster' now.

I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2015, 12:45:28 pm »

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2015, 01:02:39 pm »

Is that a bird ? Is that a plane ? No... It's just captain bellend reporting for duty.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2015, 01:11:38 pm »
Fair enough, cheers.

I thought he got settled into punditry and, to be fair, it's a really easy job if just want a pay check. Turn up, speak some bollocks or other and collect your four figure sum as you leave. If you want to do it well it's harder and people like Neville (G!) are admirable in that regard but it's pretty rare.

Thought Curbishley actually left Charlton in a wee bit of a rut from which they couldn't recover, as sacrilege as that is to say as he did an otherwise very good job, but I wonder if West Ham just soured him on the whole management thing.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: February 21, 2015, 02:10:35 am »
Tottenham are benefitting from the legacy of young talent he left at White Hart Lane, says new Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood.

Sherwood, 46, was Spurs manager for 28 matches last season after joining the club's coaching staff in 2008.

And he feels boss Mauricio Pochettino is reaping the rewards of the work he did with young players like Harry Kane.
Sherwood said: "He's inherited a good bunch of young players who were developed by myself."

Sherwood, who gave Kane his first Premier League start for Tottenham in April 2014, added: "If I hadn't resisted the club wanting to loan him out last January, he wouldn't be Harry Kane now.

"I respect him for that. It's good for me. I left a bit of a legacy there with those young players and he's carried it on."

Sherwood said: "He's inherited a good bunch of young players who were developed by myself."

Yeah, no fucking kidding, Sherwood said: "He's inherited a good bunch of young players who were developed by myself."

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #173 on: February 21, 2015, 02:35:36 am »
If he was chocolate he would eat himself. Grade A prick.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: February 21, 2015, 02:37:04 am »
Tottenham are benefitting from the legacy of young talent he left at White Hart Lane, says new Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood.

Sherwood, 46, was Spurs manager for 28 matches last season after joining the club's coaching staff in 2008.

And he feels boss Mauricio Pochettino is reaping the rewards of the work he did with young players like Harry Kane.

Sherwood, who gave Kane his first Premier League start for Tottenham in April 2014, added: "If I hadn't resisted the club wanting to loan him out last January, he wouldn't be Harry Kane now.

"I respect him for that. It's good for me. I left a bit of a legacy there with those young players and he's carried it on."

Yeah, no fucking kidding, Sherwood said: "He's inherited a good bunch of young players who were developed by myself."

:lmao
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2015, 07:13:02 am »

What. a. jackass.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: February 21, 2015, 07:28:14 am »

Way to marginalise your youth team staff too.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2015, 07:55:37 am »
He was u21 manager before he took over the first team. He probably does have a bit of a point to be fair.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2015, 08:21:24 am »
He says everything an owner wants to hear and what fans want to believe in. Lets just see how long that honeymoon period lasts for.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2015, 09:02:25 am »
Apparently he is calling himself the 'HeadMaster' now.

One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline timbucktoo

• Dreams of a threesome with Oprah Winfrey or Whoopie Goldberg
  • Kopite
« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2015, 09:04:47 am »
His interview with five live was moronic and cringe-worthy.
Hes got a bit of the Alan Partridges about him!

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2015, 09:41:41 am »
He was u21 manager before he took over the first team. He probably does have a bit of a point to be fair.

He absolutely has a point in my opinion. But he is so twatty about it

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2015, 10:31:45 am »

He is an absolute weapon and there are so many reasons to dislike him, I just feel that this isn't really one of those reasons.

This is definitely one of the reasons though  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2015, 11:00:16 am »
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2015, 11:13:33 am »

Aaah I think he did upto a certain extent at least helped those players, no?
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2015, 11:20:11 am »

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: February 21, 2015, 11:20:13 am »

Therein lies the problem. A lot of what he says has a grain of truth or sense to it but the way he says it just makes you want to cringe/think what an opinionated arse. The rest just confirms it.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2015, 11:21:50 am »
He says everything an owner wants to hear and what fans want to believe in. Lets just see how long that honeymoon period lasts for.

Ends today if they don't beat Stoke at home

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2015, 11:24:30 am »

It's hilarious that he thinks in any way that he can match up to Pep.

A dose of lower league management might make you more palatable Tim, experiencing the long slog/hardships other managers have to go through to finally get offered a top job (whilst you got it handed on a platter) might make you more humble for sure.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2015, 11:46:50 am »
He's an absolute mega-twat, but I find it hard to really dislike him. The shite he comes out with is hilarious.

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2015, 11:57:59 am »
You could have a whole series called "Tim Sherwood on...":

Tim Sherwood on... ISIS
Tim Sherwood on... The Ethics of Videogame Journalism
Tim Sherwood on... Tim Sherwood

I don't actually mind him. So far, he seems fairly harmless, especially compared with some other managers.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2015, 12:04:09 pm »
Just as an aside I've always felt Curbishley has been massively hard done by. He performed minor miracles with Charlton (consecutive promotions then consolidation in the PL) and left West Ham with them in the top half. He seems to have been black-listed for taking legal action against West Ham.

Genuinely feel for the guy when you see people like Sherwood, Warnock, Pardew, Pearce etc get jobs whilst he is left twiddling his thumbs.

I think Curbishley gets a lot of unfair stick on here. He did an excellent job with Charlton. Someone like spurs or Newcastle 10 years ago would've been interesting to see if he could make a step up with money. Instead Newcastle appointed some duds
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2015, 12:15:21 pm »

Surely, he knows that Guardiola did manage in the lower leagues with Barcelona B, or does that not count?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2015, 12:26:08 pm »
Surely, he knows that Guardiola did manage in the lower leagues with Barcelona B, or does that not count?

I'd like to know who he managed in the lower leagues as well.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #195 on: February 21, 2015, 12:57:25 pm »

The main developer for that youth talent at Spurs was actually our own Alex Inglethorpe. 6 years developing their youth players. Sherwood is taking credit for other people's work there.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2015, 01:07:10 pm »

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: February 21, 2015, 01:10:55 pm »

It's quite funny that you've posted that photo mate. I actually know the bloke on the far right.

:D
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2015, 01:13:16 pm »
It's quite funny that you've posted that photo mate. I actually know the bloke on the far right.

It's not Nick Griffin is it?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2015, 01:14:18 pm »

Glad the marker didn't point on him.  :D