Author Topic: The GAA Thread  (Read 633032 times)

Offline Sinead7

• Many hands make brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
Re: GAA Thread 2012
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2012, 12:00:24 am »
Andy Carroll has to be a cert for MF Suarez would make a great corner forward, Richard Dunne obvious fullback. 
Trapps Army 2012

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2012, 03:31:09 pm »
Cork were unlucky not to turn Tipp over today. Lost by 3 points in extra time. I thought we'd take a hiding

Hopefully its a sign of progress
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2012, 03:35:32 pm »
I think I might take up the offer to play for the Kilkenny Footballers.

Lost 0-21 to 0-2 against Waterford.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2012, 06:22:28 pm »
G'Wan The Orangemen
YNWA

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2012, 06:32:21 pm »
G'Wan The Orangemen
Was at the game last night, Armagh were clinical and only really needed short bursts at the start and in the middle of the 2nd half to see us off. We were a shambles, just couldnt get moving at all, too many mistakes and players either a step behind our a step ahead, frustrating. There was a great buzz last night and the crowd was fantastic under lights, pity about the result.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2012, 08:31:33 pm »
If you could change or implement rules to Gaelic, what changes would ye make?

Offline Sinead7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2012, 08:33:44 pm »

I'd introduce the mark between the 2 45s.  Great fielders of the ball are being punished for this skill and it has meant that 'breaking the ball down' has taken precedence in fielding situations
Trapps Army 2012

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2012, 09:12:43 pm »
I'd introduce the mark between the 2 45s.  Great fielders of the ball are being punished for this skill and it has meant that 'breaking the ball down' has taken precedence in fielding situations

Yeah, I'd agree with that one. Good call.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2012, 09:17:52 pm »
2 points for a sideline cut that goes directly over the bar. When you consider the precision of technique that is required to pull that off, then it deserves 2 points as opposed to 1. I remember training in LIT one day, I saw Joe Canning point one from outside the 65. I shit you not. Not only did he point it, but it had room to spare. Just amazing technique. I asked him "did you practice those when you were younger?" He said "nah, not really". Just an insanely gifted hurler

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2012, 09:18:41 pm »
Retrospective bans for what is deemed as play acting, Referees have to pass fitness tests
YNWA

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2012, 09:19:56 pm »
I'd also limit the number of defenders who can stand on the goal line for a 21 yard free in Hurling

I'd reduce it to 3, just like for a peno

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2012, 10:12:33 pm »
I'd also make it acceptable to decapitate Tommy Walsh if he acts the prat

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2012, 10:34:01 pm »
The 3 man tackle to illuminate swarming. Banish the squareball which was brought in originally to protect the keeper, he's well protected now, the rule does nothing but cause confusion. I would get rid of the foot pick up, its not used in the Ladies and when you think about it is a bit of a mad rule anyway, this would speed up the game and stop corner forwards from winning cheeky frees.

Was tried three years ago, keepers starting using short kick outs which labored the game even further, the problem with the lack of fielding is due to swarming if that was eradicated we would see more sky scrapers.

Offline Lebron

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2012, 10:43:24 pm »
Tyrone looking good, great to see them give their noisy neighbors a good hiding!

Offline Sinead7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2012, 10:54:07 pm »
Tyrone looking good, great to see them give their noisy neighbors a good hiding!

:no

No it wasn't!! We were severely depleted today, have something like 13 injuries at the minute.  Hopefully we can regroup to stay in Div 2 but its not looking great at the minute.  Some strange results this weekend esp Kildare getting hammered by Monaghan.
Trapps Army 2012

Offline Sinead7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2012, 10:56:07 pm »
The 3 man tackle to illuminate swarming. Banish the squareball which was brought in originally to protect the keeper, he's well protected now, the rule does nothing but cause confusion. I would get rid of the foot pick up, its not used in the Ladies and when you think about it is a bit of a mad rule anyway, this would speed up the game and stop corner forwards from winning cheeky frees.

I actually think its easier and quicker to pick it up with the toe as you can continue your momentum unto a run.  Picking it off the ground leaves you stationary and then having to run.
Trapps Army 2012

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2012, 11:01:02 pm »
I'd also make it acceptable to decapitate Tommy Walsh for no reason at all

Fixed that for ya Billy.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2012, 11:07:24 pm »
I actually think its easier and quicker to pick it up with the toe as you can continue your momentum unto a run.  Picking it off the ground leaves you stationary and then having to run.
You have that option, but you could also scoop the ball up with one.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2012, 11:13:37 pm »
They should also get Laura Woods to present the GAA programming on RTE.

A truly fine specimen of a female she is. I bet she loves the odd sneaky taco fries too. Nom.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2012, 11:25:24 pm »

A truly fine specimen of a female she is. I bet she loves the odd sneaky taco fries too. Nom.
Oh no doubt, but cant imagine she's agricultural enough to present GAA, a classy lady like her is all about the Rugby and at a push Tennis.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2012, 11:36:52 pm »

I'd much rather Laura Whitmore. She's extremely dishy.

Ah well, another year of Joanne Cantwell.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2012, 11:39:10 pm »
Nowt wrong with Joanne. When you have to look at Marty Morrissey her feminine wilds become a very welcome relief 

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2012, 11:54:54 pm »
I used to have a big crush on Joanne, but then she turned into a saladaholic. The girl needs to pack on a few pounds

Laura on the other hand, would probably nick your last chip if you turned your head the other way, which I kind of like in a lass

You need a bit of meat on the bone like. Laura has plenty of it. I think she is splendid to be honest

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2012, 11:59:57 pm »
I used to have a big crush on Joanne, but then she turned into a saladaholic.
Never heard of saladahol

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2012, 12:01:18 am »
I quite like the GAA pundits and commentary team but Marty Morrissey needs to gather himself and Tomas Mulcahy needs to be less biased.

Michael Duignan aswel for that matter.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2012, 12:04:41 am »
Keep it RTE lads

The things I'd do to this MILF.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2012, 12:05:47 am »
Keep it RTE lads

The things I'd do to this MILF.
Phenomenal member of the female gender.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2012, 12:10:52 am »
Oh yes, cracked a few out to Nuacht back in the day.

Offline Sinead7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2012, 12:18:24 am »
The Seoiges are from good stock. I'm female but fuk Grainne would near turn ye

Trapps Army 2012

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2012, 12:21:37 am »
Probably with Grainne is, she has the personality of a cereal box.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2012, 12:24:08 am »
She does the Up for the Match cringe fest so a switch to The Sunday Game mightn't be too far fetched, she'd class up the joint no end.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2012, 12:27:38 am »
Nothing worse than a GAA jersey and jeans combo, and Up for the Match is a haven for it.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2012, 12:31:16 am »
Nothing worse than a GAA jersey and jeans combo, and Up for the Match is a haven for it.
Haha tis bad alright. Reminds me of ending up at student night in Tralee, all the girls with their GAA jerseys hanging off the Agricultural  Engineering lads.

Question for you all, you're off to the match, what you wearing?

Being from Kerry I usually leave off the colours except for Cork games and the final. For a few years would go with an Early 90's Kerry adidas jersey that my uncle got playing with the hurlers, its class. Might send it into retirement, I'm getting a bit old for jerseys.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:36:19 am by KERRYKOP »

Offline Sinead7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2012, 12:38:11 am »
Usually the jersey with a pair of leggings in the summer.  Don't bother with them in the league etc as its too cold anyway.
Trapps Army 2012

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2012, 12:51:29 am »
Jerseys are far too sweaty to wear attending a match.

Only wear it for the All Ireland Final.

Usually just wrap one of these around my head on matchdays

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2012, 12:52:55 am »
Cant beat it, is the band indigenous to the GAA.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2012, 12:55:16 am »
Other county jerseys seem to be quite light material but fuck me, the Kilkenny jersey is a chunky son of a gun.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2012, 01:03:08 am »
Green for the land, gold for the sun and red for the blood that was spilled for the land

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2012, 02:40:08 am »
Speaking of jerseys, was in Elverys the other day. Some lovely jerseys out there at the minute. Especially Fermanagh, Tyrone and Limerick. Unfortunately Dublin also have the nice style. Wish we could get a decent one, it's not really a Gaelic jersey if there's no collar now is it?

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2012, 08:52:54 am »
I NEVER NEVER NEVER wear a Meath jersey unless I'm training, even then I usually don't. I detest seeing people out and about in county jerseys. When I lived in Sydney if I walked into a pub and there was a bunch of people wearing county jerseys in, I'd turn on my heels and walk out.

When you're abroad, other Irish people are extremely whopperish and very annoying. I used to avoid them like the plague.

The Seoiges are from good stock. I'm female but fuk Grainne would near turn ye

You're female? I always assumed you were a bloke!