Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3432930 times)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #15920 on: April 23, 2017, 08:20:24 pm »
Pep got schooled by Wenger today. The young un got lots to learn still.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15921 on: April 23, 2017, 10:12:42 pm »
Not sure how they lost today. Wrongly disallowed goal, hit the woodwork twice, pen denied. 

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #15922 on: April 24, 2017, 04:20:19 am »
Hahahaha  :wave
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #15923 on: April 28, 2017, 01:58:29 pm »
Why didn't Pep do what he used to at Barca and tell Messi to skin 4 players and bag a wonder goal to win the match last night?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #15924 on: May 5, 2017, 04:58:38 pm »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/05/manchester-city-hit-transfer-ban-signing-academy-players/

Manchester City have joined Liverpool in being banned from signing academy players for tapping up two schoolboys – including one aged only 11.

City were given the same length suspension as the Anfield club, a two-year transfer embargo on players registered with a rival Premier League or EFL side in the preceding 18 months – with the second year suspended for three years.

They were also fined £300,000, £200,000 more than Liverpool, who were last month found guilty of tapping up one schoolboy footballer.

The 11-year-old City were found to have broken the rules trying to sign was a midfielder who joined them from Everton last year. The other player was a 15-year-old midfielder from Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The Premier League also investigated their recruitment of 16-year-old goalkeeper Louie Moulden from Liverpool but that move has been cleared to proceed.

The Premier League said in a statement: “The Premier League has sanctioned Manchester City FC for breaches of its Youth Development Rules. The breaches concern approaches to two separate Academy players whilst they were each registered with another club.

“Following an investigation, the Premier League found evidence that the club’s conduct prior to applying to register the players contravened League rules. This included evidence of contact between the club and members of each academy player’s family while those academy players were still registered with their previous clubs.

“Manchester City will pay a fine of £300,000 and will be prohibited from registering any academy players in the under-10 to under-18 age range who have been registered with a Premier League or EFL club in the preceding 18 months. This ban will last for two years. The period of this ban from 30 June 2018 onwards will be suspended for three years to be activated in the event of any similar breach by the club.

“In each case, the academy player was conditionally registered with Manchester City while the Premier League’s investigation was ongoing. As a result of the club’s breaches, the players’ registrations will be terminated on a specified date, with no compensation rights retained by the club, and the club will not be permitted to re-register them as academy players. In addition, Manchester City has offered to pay compensation to each player’s previous club, and maintain educational provision for each player until the completion of his GCSEs.”

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15925 on: May 6, 2017, 01:39:24 am »
*tap school boys improper snigger*

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #15926 on: May 8, 2017, 10:26:49 am »
20 quid for adults a 5er for u16

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #15927 on: May 8, 2017, 10:33:56 am »
They annihilated Palace, it must be said. Very good for their goaldifference... Even if we win both of our games, we need ManCity to lose at least one because a draw would see them get 3rd spot via goal difference. We don't look like scoring much lately unfortunately.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15928 on: May 15, 2017, 12:09:32 am »
Yaya Toure: Strong chance Manchester City will offer midfielder a new contract

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39918267

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15929 on: May 15, 2017, 12:20:28 am »
Yaya Toure: Strong chance Manchester City will offer midfielder a new contract

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39918267
Interesting, looks like Sakho and Toures pills worked for him.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #15930 on: May 15, 2017, 12:30:59 am »
For me Pep was always the best manager in the world but his first season for City couldn't have been more underwhelming.

Big games for me is where you truly see the quality of any manager and his record in big games this season is absolutely appalling. It really makes me wonder if he's really good as he we all thought he was.
"We"? ;)
Nah mate. I didn't see him and still aren't completely convinced that he's the best(in terms of trophies won, of course yes, but I'm not convinced). You can only be the greatest if you can do it consistently and not just with clubs with vast amounts of resources and money.

I was one of those who said he'll find it hard in the league, at the start of the season- him and his goalie- and were soundly laughed at for being in doubt of such a great and wondrous manager and a "world class" goalkeeper.. out the door, into the street and under a bus. I spent the next few weeks licking my wounds and then went out and bought the t-shirt. OTT, but still- sometimes the group mentality can be vicious- especially when fueled by that monster that is the media.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 12:44:05 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #15931 on: May 15, 2017, 12:42:00 am »
20 quid for adults a 5er for u16

That's "from" £20.00 - our adult tickets are "from" £9. Slave-gold Man City have to pay for newspaper ads to sell out
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15932 on: May 15, 2017, 10:59:21 pm »
If I was managing a big club I would have been sacked by now, admits Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/pep-guardiola-manchester-city-fired-sacked-new-manager-champions-league-struggles-a7737616.html

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15933 on: May 15, 2017, 11:14:14 pm »
If I was managing a big club I would have been sacked by now, admits Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/pep-guardiola-manchester-city-fired-sacked-new-manager-champions-league-struggles-a7737616.html

at least he's honest about the stature of City  ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15934 on: May 15, 2017, 11:18:18 pm »
To be fair to Man City's owners they do give managers a fair crack. Mancini got about 3 and a half years and Pellegrini was there for 3.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15935 on: May 15, 2017, 11:21:31 pm »
he'll be alright next season once they've spent 200 mill on a couple new full backs, another centre back, another goalie, and maybe a midfielder and a forward.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15936 on: May 15, 2017, 11:23:36 pm »
I think they will be a force next season.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #15937 on: May 15, 2017, 11:30:33 pm »
he'll be alright next season once they've spent 200 mill on a couple new full backs, another centre back, another goalie, and maybe a midfielder and a forward.

I think he'll be even better the following season after the next one when he spends a further 200 mill. Then, and only then, can we see the true genius that is Pep.
Right now many of his players are not at the calibre to understand his genius.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15938 on: May 15, 2017, 11:42:32 pm »

They will be close to the top, but definitely not a force. They have too many old players that will need replacing in a not so distant future:

Caballero ('81)
Sagna ('83)
Bravo ('83)
Toure ('83)
Zabaleta ('85)
Fernandinho ('85)
Clichy ('85)
Kolarov ('85)
Navas ('85)
Silva ('86)
Kompany ('86)
Nolito ('86)
Fernando ('87)

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #15939 on: May 16, 2017, 09:03:28 am »
So, are these dropping any points in the last two?
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15940 on: May 16, 2017, 09:06:27 am »
Yes

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #15941 on: May 16, 2017, 09:07:23 am »

Sounds like Watford gave a good account of themselves last night. Definitely not the easiest place to go on the last day.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15942 on: May 16, 2017, 09:13:46 am »
Watford away has the potential for a slip up, and it depends on which WBA turn up....you could see a 1-1 and in the same way, you could see city winning 5-0 too.

I reckon it all depends on the first 30 mins, if WBA can stifle them or nick a goal, the crowd will get antsie and the pressure will grow.

Mind you a point for them still takes them above us on GD......we should have gone for 5 or 6.......

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #15943 on: May 16, 2017, 09:19:19 am »
Sounds like Watford gave a good account of themselves last night. Definitely not the easiest place to go on the last day.

Apparently they did and at 3-3 looked the more likely to win. Context to that of course was Chelsea playing a second team.

I also work with a Watford fan and according to him Mazzarri is on borrowed time. Deeney didn't play last night after apparently falling out with the manager himself.

Hopefully they can rouse themselves for their final game in front of their crowd, and it doesn't go the other way with a group of players and a crowd who would take a defeat if it put the final nail in the coffin for a manager they no longer want.

Mind you a point for them still takes them above us on GD......we should have gone for 5 or 6.......

My hope is that this is in the minds of our lads on Sunday, and they go for it against Middlebrough.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #15944 on: May 16, 2017, 09:39:09 am »
Don't expect anything from West Brom tonight. They've been on the beach since they hit 40 points. 1 win in their last 10 and 5 defeats in the last 6. If City are going to slip up it'll be the Watford game, especially when you look at their away form recently, which has been surprisingly poor.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 09:40:41 am by A change without it backfiring! »

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #15945 on: May 16, 2017, 10:02:40 am »
They will be close to the top, but definitely not a force. They have too many old players that will need replacing in a not so distant future:

Caballero ('81)
Sagna ('83)
Bravo ('83)
Toure ('83)
Zabaleta ('85)
Fernandinho ('85)
Clichy ('85)
Kolarov ('85)
Navas ('85)
Silva ('86)
Kompany ('86)
Nolito ('86)
Fernando ('87)

Have to admit, they get about well for bring in their 80's

Online Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15946 on: May 16, 2017, 10:43:02 am »

Caballero ('81)
Sagna ('83)
Bravo ('83)
Toure ('83)
Zabaleta ('85)
Fernandinho ('85)
Clichy ('85)
Kolarov ('85)
Navas ('85)
Silva ('86)
Kompany ('86)
Nolito ('86)
Fernando ('87)

W.T.F. is this ?

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15947 on: May 16, 2017, 10:44:13 am »

They'll be shit then. Whatever you predict normally the opposite happens

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #15948 on: May 16, 2017, 10:49:24 am »

An incredible prediction there, Killer. I'll send you some sandwiches, you're soooo far out on that ledge.

:)
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15949 on: May 16, 2017, 10:57:04 am »
Don't expect anything from West Brom tonight. They've been on the beach since they hit 40 points. 1 win in their last 10 and 5 defeats in the last 6. If City are going to slip up it'll be the Watford game, especially when you look at their away form recently, which has been surprisingly poor.
We only need Pulis to give us a bus parking masterclass then batter Boro for 3rd. He's probably been waiting to 'out tactic' Pep since the fixture list got announced.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15950 on: May 16, 2017, 11:26:47 am »
Have to admit, they get about well for bring in their 80's
;D

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #15951 on: May 16, 2017, 11:39:25 am »

Caballero ('81)
Sagna ('83)

Bravo ('83)
Toure ('83)
Zabaleta ('85)

Fernandinho ('85)
Clichy ('85)
Kolarov ('85)
Navas ('85)
Silva ('86)
Kompany ('86)
Nolito ('86)
Fernando ('87)

Bold are all out of contract this summer I believe. Not exactly difficult to replace.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15952 on: May 16, 2017, 11:44:21 am »
They'll be shit then. Whatever you predict normally the opposite happens

Best keep my Liverpool to win the league prediction quiet then.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15953 on: May 16, 2017, 11:47:07 am »
Well done to them if they win both there last two games but its not two fixtures i would look forward to for guaranteeing third. Anything can still happen.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15955 on: May 16, 2017, 12:00:03 pm »
They'll stuff WBA tonight.

I can see Watford having a go and they need to give their fans something to shout about. 3 games in a week for city as well.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15956 on: May 16, 2017, 01:33:23 pm »
W.T.F. is this ?

Year of birth, what else?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15957 on: May 16, 2017, 01:41:13 pm »
Bold are all out of contract this summer I believe. Not exactly difficult to replace.

Fortunately, real life is not like Football Manager. Replacing 6 senior players on the squad in a single transfer window is never an easy task. They have the money to buy 6 talented players, but the new players will need time to adapt to the club, the league etc.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15958 on: May 16, 2017, 01:49:19 pm »
Sagna Navas Willy Clichy etc.. won't be hard to replace them with better players. Giving Pep 100's of million to go after the players he wants is a City fans wet dream you'd imagine. I think he will go after Bernat again.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15959 on: May 16, 2017, 02:01:48 pm »
Just a few left for tonight

https://tickets.mancity.com/events-choose-seats-flash.aspx?eid=16974&sid=48719&pid=5286&vid=61
Sheikh Mansour will be happy.

Not many tickets for him to "buy" for the game tonight.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."