Author Topic: Eye Witness Report: Manchester United 0 - Liverpool FC 3.  (Read 13746 times)

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Eye Witness Report: Manchester United 0 - Liverpool FC 3.
« on: March 17, 2014, 01:34:56 pm »
Births. Marriages. Deaths. They can define so much. In the gap between playing Southampton and Manchester United there has been so much in the way of life events that Football was missed but not for as long as the other times we have to wait. There is a relevance so bear with me!

So births. First week without a match and I become an uncle to a lovely nephew. In a girl dominated household where there have been more girls than boys over the years he’s a welcome addition as well as a refreshing change. His dad is one of the 2 Manchester United fans who’ve married into the families so to speak. The other week prior to this match I became an uncle to a lovely niece. Yes… her dad is the other Manchester United fan who married into the family :)

I’ll come back to deaths at the end… will be more fitting.

I won’t bore you with my history of Manchester. Suffice to say after four years there at the University of Manchester I was happy for my degree and happy to move on. Shouldn’t begrudge them the success they had whilst I was there but I did meet the one and only Liverpool fan I know born and bred in Manchester. I hadn’t seen him some thirteen years… he was one of the first people I bumped into just outside the East Stand!

This would be a good day :D

I also met Doc Evil (Jag) and Sunny Bains who you may recall from my signature and his son who needed a bone marrow transplant. Both dad and son are doing well… you can see for yourselves here!!!

Now I know we have some very nice and honourable Manchester United fans on here so it does pain me say this that for all that is stressed by the better majority. Some Utd fans do themselves no justice by singing “murderers” to show the level of intelligence one has only winds people up. Cue our good Sunny challenging one of these idiots to grow up. Only for a police officer to pull him up on it and asking him to take the higher ground. As Jag eloquently stated to the police officer “It’s not the idiot’s fault his mother and father were close relatives prior to birth”. Now if the police actually attempted to stamp out such idiotic abuse…

Anyway we’re all in. I’m in Block 230 and many familiar faces too as well as in 231 (yes Pata… I saw you standing there!).

First half (the timings are not sponsored by Bulova).

In. Starts. Flanagan awesome in every sense. He just embarrassed a few of them with his no nonsense approach. As  did Raheem as he reduced Fellaini’s volume in more ways than one. A swift move and Sturridge goes close. In a way I’m relieved. Early goals away at City and Chelsea still linger in the back of my mind. I also selfishly wanted to see this team punished for the whole match. Let this be the making of the Moyes.

Utd can't breathe let alone get close. No Mata superlatives. No Rooney supremacies. No RVP at all. Save them Carrick. Or maybe not. Deliver the Utd from this pain Moyesiah. You're their only hope. Sadly you’re being robbed of everything. Flanagan is my hero so far in this first half. He’s carrying on shining. My first Old Trafford visit coincided sitting just behind Flanagan in the East Stand Upper. We’ve both come a long long way together since then.

The first 20/30 minutes had flown by. Allen had nearly scored, Gerrard was making a mockery of Phil Jones and Henderson/Sterling have shown United the ultimate respect on the pitch… an almighty none.

But why haven’t we scored? Come on Reds. Please. And then I see something nothing can erase. So many years of going to matches and the changing of the times is epitomised by one electronic advertising board. Reds across the land. Save your children now. If you have relatives you care about save them too. THIS is modern support. This is Man Utd. This is a joke. I see before my eyes a Live Cam thing on these boards. It’s seriously spooky and more modern and strange football. A live cam type feed of faces at a PC showing their UTD support with a heading of “Fans taking part and showing support globally” or something like that. How can you do that looking at a webcam? Just what on earth is wrong with you?

The Sir Alex cam looked like this :lmao

East stand upper block 230. Row 6. Perfect position for so much. When the ball swept to the right to Sturridge we could all see Suarez screaming for ball. Henderson et al bombing through middle. Utd look at him. We look at Suarez and thank you Rafael. Penalty. Bedlam. Gerrard. 1-0. We have the lead at Old Trafford and it is a gift that will keep on giving. We’d been singing throughout already at very high decibels. We got louder.

No Utd songs pre or post. So that's 30 mins odd of nothing followed by 15 mins of first half of, yes, you guessed it, nothing

Singing wise the Travelling Kop hadn't  stopped from 5 mins before kick off inside. Good thing too as we don't want the home fans thinking they've done anything worth signing about. You can’t sing about fouls, dodgy barnets or even a Granny’s best friend. Sing a song for Moyes. Yes. That’s what you should do. It’s the United way. Supporting and sticking with the manager. We don’t want him to go. Most certainly not. He is someone we have a deep affection for. Like that bit of something stuck deep inside that irritates for years and only a deep colonic irrigation can get rid off.

Alas they don’t. They don’t sing for the David. They don’t sing for more more more.

Genius is often misunderstood :lmao

40 something mins for a Rafael/Januzaj overlap that worked. One cross. Rooney hits it and Mignolet with a great save and then defenders with a brilliant block. That is about it as far as threat goes. You won't see another one really all match. Utd should DVD that moment. Will make Moyes feel more at home in his current surroundings.

Half time musings

• What exactly has Giggs been tearing apart all these years? Does his brother know?
• The Flanagan song. Miss it. Miss out
• Why is Rafael still on the pitch? Why?
• It can't stay 1-0. It just can’t.
• Why on earth have an electronic ad board saying "you can buy a piece of history blah blah blah" in French? Evra isn't about to go to the club shop at half time.
• Luis Suarez lob. To be fair to him, there are a lot of Norwich City scarves around.

• Moyes effect. Half time team talk.

David: "Robin. Ah need yooze to get in to 'em"
  RVP: "No"
  David: "Please Robin. Cannae not think of the team?"
  RVP: "No"
  Fellaini: “ifithadntabinferStevenGerrardboss…”

Ps – I missed the Utd kid taking penalties… did he score? Was too busy laughing at United and my phone was going off more than ever. Not one text/tweet from the United family members.

Second half

Nothing from Utd fans. Not even a rabble rousing cheer. We carry on where we left off. So does Phil "The Face" Jones. A bit of brilliant movement from Joe Allen and another pen. 2-0. This is now mental. A few words for Jordan Henderson – Ball lad!!! Second half has only just started and this is it. It’s on. Note the time of the goal. It is where the Yernited we knew of old left the building. In spirit and body.

It's where we erupted. Take a look at that soul leaving Utd and our captain doing it. I can admit a strange feeling when making the split decision to record this. I recorded little else but something spoke inside and took over.

I'm glad I listened.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZDzAMducrVM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZDzAMducrVM</a>

Their response wasn't exactly rip roaring. No marauding and rampaging bursts. Just a ball played right through Fellaini's hair. Yup. Must be between 50-60 mins. Don't have replay of match to hand when I do these as i don't want to change how I remember the match but laughed so hard I had to explain to some young lad next to me what happened and why his dad 2 seats down was laughing at the same thing. Just like Moyesiah disappearing so have RVP and Mata. We are seeing a lot of the United defence though. They are hearing a lot of us. We still haven’t stopped singing. They haven’t even started. Lift the team why don’t you Utd? You play for glory? You must sing never for shits and giggles then

Well ok. You did sing about Vidic. He comes from Serbia blah blah blah blah Mancini :)

Coutinho comes on and the last 20 minutes are breathtaking in reality. We are hunting them down with no compassion. The hat-trick for Stevie is on! Shot just went wide too.

Suarez kept trying to push through the defenders and wriggle free. At times he could have passed earlier but we all can feel why he wanted a goal. Especially when Evra was nearby. So when Sturridge decided to show the world again why he is so lethal the now to be departing Vidic struck. No Taggart level investigation needed for this one… it’s a penalty. It hits the post and I thought it would be the 3rd and game well and truly over. Less than 15 minutes remain so we’re bound to see another chance for it.

Oh. Bye Bye Nemanja :wave … AGAIN!

We’re still singing and bouncing. Manchester United fans had already started leaving. This must be hard for them I think for about a second because the third goal knocked on the door again. Suarez in and muscles past 2 defenders who attempt to sandwich him in a manner befitting two grannies and Rooney but De Gea saves. Credit where it’s due it’s a worldy of a save but just one we could do without.

4th penalty that never was. From my angle I couldn’t tell but Sturridge’s face said it all. More than ever I wanted a 3rd goal now.

And then it came. In what can only be described as bedazzling. Evra the defender of the Earth and honesty personified played Suarez on and WE ARE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE. 3rd goal heaven. I have absolutely no idea what ensued on the pitch afterwards other than us going for the fourth. In the East Stand it was all about singing. I was to the left of the banner unveiled in honour of the genius Moyes and all I can say is this. When the very Manchester United supporting stewards allow it who are we to decline the world stage a viewing of our love for David?

And now they sing. God knows what exactly as it wasn’t very audible or clear in the ground but some people in the media have got it in their head that this some kind of act of amazing support? Utter tosh. How is it? Because some 20,000 remaining dipsticks sing something no-one can clearly here in the ground? Here’s some Rafa type “facts” for you…. Especially you on MOTD2

1 – 5 minutes cannot equate to 90 minutes
2 – how many minutes can you attribute to the travelling kop? I’ll give you 95 as a minimum to cover the time played on the pitch. You can add a lot of Fergie time to that in order to get a more accurate representation
3 – Please name the songs the Manchester United faithful sang to raise the spirits of a team that were being pissed upon and embarrassed both on and off the pitch? Name one and name the minute it was sung? If you can’t then sincerely do one.

The final whistle blows and there is NO lock in… to be honest why would you need one? The ground emptied a long time before that in regards to what was Manchester United. This may hurt a Manchester United fan to read but the truth is the 46th minute was the time a certain something was laid to rest. No-one will know when it will come back. Until then your genius will lead you forth to conquer depths unknown.

And it is in remembrance I want to end this piece. Unbeknown to me, yesterday was also an anniversary of a certain family’s son passing away. His whole family are Liverpool fans and have carried on with strength and dignity after losing someone so young. My Friday of the week prior was spent at a fundraiser for a foundation who’d lost their daughter at a young age. We all have known this loss of people before their time and I take this time to implore you to take heed of all the warnings out there around social media and forums and the coroners inquests reopening at the end of March. Now that the wheels of Justice have started turning please let’s not put anything in the way of their motion.

May all those at rest know peace.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Eye Witness Report: Manchester United 0 - Liverpool FC 3.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 01:49:36 pm »
Fantastic :wellin

Fast becoming my favorite posts on RAWK to be honest.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 01:50:53 pm »
Beautiful. Thank you.
Yep.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 02:10:43 pm »
There are so many Rawkites in the travelling Kop it's unreal. We get around.

Cardiff next. Last time I was there in 1992 I broke my leg

Am not expecting the same to happen again  ;D

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 03:11:33 pm »
Enjoy.
Yep.

Online andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 03:33:12 pm »
Step aside, step aside Man United,
Under Moyes you've been led astray,
Crushed by football played the Brendan Rodgers way.

Repeat 20 times!

We are Loyal Supporters

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 03:38:56 pm »
Harinder another fantastic read showed all the emotions that the fans had yesterday - glad you highlighted the MOTD2 comment too, and a great touch with the last paragraph.
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 03:39:26 pm »
cheers Harinder, brilliant read.  :)

Offline HBAHFH

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 03:47:44 pm »
I'm fairly hard of hearing, what were the Manc fans chanting? I'm sure I heard another version of the Stevie G song amongst others...

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 03:54:55 pm »
Brilliant as ever Harinder.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 04:01:26 pm »
I'm fairly hard of hearing, what were the Manc fans chanting? I'm sure I heard another version of the Stevie G song amongst others...

After Rafael clattered Stevie they gave a burst of their shit one about him kissing the badge on his chest and handing a transfer request *cough* Rooney...but I think it was cut short by the awarding of our first penalty!

Offline Desi Kopite

• Anny Roader
  • Twitter: @pritsinghlfc
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 04:03:59 pm »
Quality post Harinder, summed up to a Tee!! Roll on Cardiff!! YNWA

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 04:05:12 pm »

Their mouths moved. Not much came out that we could hear other than the travelling kop  :)

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 04:05:58 pm »
With it being my first away trip to United for several years, and with my supporter's club branch so fond of arriving early to matches, I thought I'd take the opportunity to look around. 'Soak up the atmosphere', as the cliché goes.

There were definitely less smiley faces around. A sort of subdued atmosphere pre-match around the stadium. A remarkable number of obvious tourists – it felt quite a lot like being at an airport. And the tourists were the only ones with any vim or enthusiasm about them. Until our lot started to arrive of course.

A quick stroll up and down Sir Matt Busby Way was an opportunity to look at some of the t-shirts and scarves for sale. I thought it might begin to give me an insight into the minds of these people. Christ, the state of some of them. Do we have this sort of embarrassing shite outside Anfield? One t shirt with the United devil spearing the Liver bird with the words 'I want to walk alone' printed underneath (which doesn't even make sense)...another with Gerrard kissing Giggs' arse with 'United forever' underneath...are these supposed to be deliberately laughable? Do they not stop to think?

I remember a decade or two ago actually laughing at the fact that United sold branded egg timers in their club shop...that and the removal of 'football club' from their crest symbolic I thought of how they were no longer a football club but a business. In retrospect, they were ahead of the game, as that is the way our game has gone, and they remain ahead of the game now. I had a look around their club store, and it's just a commercial, selling machine. I would guess at least five times bigger than the Liverpool store, and with tills ringing non-stop. It's an interesting question as to whether we should (or perhaps need to) emulate that…or if we should take the higher ground, as if football should be purer than this, regardless of the effect it may have on our strength as a club.

Back outside, and I was struck by how many Liverpool/United 50/50 scarves there were wrapped around people. This is one of my pet hates. If you support a big club I think you should only ever be allowed to buy one if you are playing a continental team in a major European final, and you should only actually keep it if you won. This game is obviously the one that makes the wearer look most ridiculous. I also don’t really understand the individual player scarves that some people choose, on anyone over the age of about 12 (support the team, you stalking weirdo!). Anyway, I spotted a scarf seller who didn’t appear to have any 50/50 ones, and was just observing him when two people approached him, and the following conversation occurred…

“Do you have any Fellaini scarves?”
“Who?”
“Fellaini”
“FELLAINI?!”
“Yes”
(Rummages around in the bottom of his bag, and to his own surprise, pulls one out) “There you go”
“No, we want two”
“What?!”
“Two”
(Pause) “OK…” (Pulls out another scarf).

The couple (who must surely have been friends or relatives of Marouane, or else special in some other way) walk away, and I call out to him, smiling, “Hey, do you have any David Moyes scarves?”
He takes me seriously. “One”, he says.
“Seriously?”
“Yeah”
“I bet they must be hard to shift”.
“Tell me about it. I ordered five at the start of the season, and I still have two of those left. One’s at home”.
“Have you been selling many of the 50/50 scarves?”
(puffs out cheeks) “Like you wouldn’t believe. I had 40, and I’d sold out by 11:00. Everyone’s sold out. And they’ve been 8’s and 10’s [pounds] an’ all”.
“Wow. Can I have a look at that David Moyes scarf?”

A wicked thought enters my head. I just want to be sure there’s no United insignia on it. He pulls out the perfect scarf for my purposes. Across the middle, in large capitals, are the words ‘DAVID MOYES’. At either end is a representation of his remarkable visage. Along the top, in smaller letters, ‘One game. One trophy. 37 to go’ (I still don’t understand this. Do they think winning the Charity Shield entitles them to play one less league game? Anyway, this adds to the curiosity of this remarkable scarf). And along the bottom, the cherry on the cake, the French lawnmower (coup de grass)…’Carrying on the United way’. Brilliant.

“I’ll give it to you for two quid”, he says, unprompted. And I do something that goes against everything I believe in – I buy a scarf, which plays tribute to an individual…and not just any individual, but the manager of Manchester United. And if that makes me a small-time twat, then so be it…I’ve already had well more than my two quid’s worth out of it.

As for the match…the most enjoyable away for me since May 2005, but I’ll leave the analysis to those more capable than me. For me the sheer joy of belting out “and now you’re gonna believe us…we’re gonna win the league” - at that place - and really believing it, to the pit of your stomach, for the first time in decades…what a rush.

The ride home too was almost as much fun. We were like Tiggers on speed, going past United fans looking like Eeyore on opium.

Anyway, onwards, upwards…can it get any better than this?
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 04:10:13 pm »
Great post Harinder!

BTW, what was the chant the Mancs were singing over and over again towards the end of the game?  I couldn't make it out.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 04:12:34 pm »
Great post Harinder!

BTW, what was the chant the Mancs were singing over and over again towards the end of the game?  I couldn't make it out.

Absolutely no idea. No-one around me could make it out yet MOTD think it was something amazing and uplifting. On twitter I've read it as 20 times 20 times Man Utd.

I'm pretty sure we went close to a fourth while they did all that anyway. You can tell it worked  ;D

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 04:13:56 pm »
harinder, when you posted you 'had just got in' in the after match thread I was looking forward to you posting your musings on the day.  Going to read this in a bit as pushed for time as the moment but I have no doubt it will be up to you usual high standard  :D

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 04:32:38 pm »
With it being my first away trip to United for several years, and with my supporter's club branch so fond of arriving early to matches, I thought I'd take the opportunity to look around. 'Soak up the atmosphere', as the cliché goes.

There were definitely less smiley faces around. A sort of subdued atmosphere pre-match around the stadium. A remarkable number of obvious tourists – it felt quite a lot like being at an airport. And the tourists were the only ones with any vim or enthusiasm about them. Until our lot started to arrive of course.

A quick stroll up and down Sir Matt Busby Way was an opportunity to look at some of the t-shirts and scarves for sale. I thought it might begin to give me an insight into the minds of these people. Christ, the state of some of them. Do we have this sort of embarrassing shite outside Anfield? One t shirt with the United devil spearing the Liver bird with the words 'I want to walk alone' printed underneath (which doesn't even make sense)...another with Gerrard kissing Giggs' arse with 'United forever' underneath...are these supposed to be deliberately laughable? Do they not stop to think?

I remember a decade or two ago actually laughing at the fact that United sold branded egg timers in their club shop...that and the removal of 'football club' from their crest symbolic I thought of how they were no longer a football club but a business. In retrospect, they were ahead of the game, as that is the way our game has gone, and they remain ahead of the game now. I had a look around their club store, and it's just a commercial, selling machine. I would guess at least five times bigger than the Liverpool store, and with tills ringing non-stop. It's an interesting question as to whether we should (or perhaps need to) emulate that…or if we should take the higher ground, as if football should be purer than this, regardless of the effect it may have on our strength as a club.

Back outside, and I was struck by how many Liverpool/United 50/50 scarves there were wrapped around people. This is one of my pet hates. If you support a big club I think you should only ever be allowed to buy one if you are playing a continental team in a major European final, and you should only actually keep it if you won. This game is obviously the one that makes the wearer look most ridiculous. I also don’t really understand the individual player scarves that some people choose, on anyone over the age of about 12 (support the team, you stalking weirdo!). Anyway, I spotted a scarf seller who didn’t appear to have any 50/50 ones, and was just observing him when two people approached him, and the following conversation occurred…

“Do you have any Fellaini scarves?”
“Who?”
“Fellaini”
“FELLAINI?!”
“Yes”
(Rummages around in the bottom of his bag, and to his own surprise, pulls one out) “There you go”
“No, we want two”
“What?!”
“Two”
(Pause) “OK…” (Pulls out another scarf).

The couple (who must surely have been friends or relatives of Marouane, or else special in some other way) walk away, and I call out to him, smiling, “Hey, do you have any David Moyes scarves?”
He takes me seriously. “One”, he says.
“Seriously?”
“Yeah”
“I bet they must be hard to shift”.
“Tell me about it. I ordered five at the start of the season, and I still have two of those left. One’s at home”.
“Have you been selling many of the 50/50 scarves?”
(puffs out cheeks) “Like you wouldn’t believe. I had 40, and I’d sold out by 11:00. Everyone’s sold out. And they’ve been 8’s and 10’s [pounds] an’ all”.
“Wow. Can I have a look at that David Moyes scarf?”

A wicked thought enters my head. I just want to be sure there’s no United insignia on it. He pulls out the perfect scarf for my purposes. Across the middle, in large capitals, are the words ‘DAVID MOYES’. At either end is a representation of his remarkable visage. Along the top, in smaller letters, ‘One game. One trophy. 37 to go’ (I still don’t understand this. Do they think winning the Charity Shield entitles them to play one less league game? Anyway, this adds to the curiosity of this remarkable scarf). And along the bottom, the cherry on the cake, the French lawnmower (coup de grass)…’Carrying on the United way’. Brilliant.

“I’ll give it to you for two quid”, he says, unprompted. And I do something that goes against everything I believe in – I buy a scarf, which plays tribute to an individual…and not just any individual, but the manager of Manchester United. And if that makes me a small-time twat, then so be it…I’ve already had well more than my two quid’s worth out of it.

As for the match…the most enjoyable away for me since May 2005, but I’ll leave the analysis to those more capable than me. For me the sheer joy of belting out “and now you’re gonna believe us…we’re gonna win the league” - at that place - and really believing it, to the pit of your stomach, for the first time in decades…what a rush.

The ride home too was almost as much fun. We were like Tiggers on speed, going past United fans looking like Eeyore on opium.

Anyway, onwards, upwards…can it get any better than this?

:lmao at Eeyore on opium

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 07:20:26 pm »
Am I the only one who seemed to hear the scum chant an offensive chant about the rag, I won't say what I thought I heard as it may offend. But at nil nil I heard the travelling Kop chant "Fergie's right yer fans are shite" and that quickly followed with the scum chanting, that made my blood boil and wanted me to twat everyone who took part in that.

I don't know whether our fans did anything to provoke that, but could someone there tell me whether I'm right, or I'm deaf, and taking out my ass, I just couldn't believe it

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 07:44:13 pm »
Am I the only one who seemed to hear the scum chant an offensive chant about the rag, I won't say what I thought I heard as it may offend. But at nil nil I heard the travelling Kop chant "Fergie's right yer fans are shite" and that quickly followed with the scum chanting, that made my blood boil and wanted me to twat everyone who took part in that.

I don't know whether our fans did anything to provoke that, but could someone there tell me whether I'm right, or I'm deaf, and taking out my ass, I just couldn't believe it

Yes they did chant it straight after us singing  "Fergie's right your fans are shite", followed by a load of boos from us >:(
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 07:47:22 pm »
Harinder, I love your Eye Witness Reports, it amazes me how you remember so much from a game.......I can just about remember the goals and the following mayhem after each one ;D

Brilliant report as always mate.
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 08:07:16 pm »
Harinder mate - hearing your accounts of these games make me a) proud as f**k to be a Liverpool fan and b) nostalgic to the extreme. Class mate, sheer class.

For some while now, I've wanted to get my season ticket more than ever as I want to experience the away days of my youth again - Hearing the stories of the travelling Kop makes me sick with envy!

Away games were always special (less travelling so I had extra money!  ;D) but completely made the season for me (one that in particular sticks in the mind was going to the old Manor Ground on Boxing day 1987) Hearing that atmosphere yesterday was immense and for the players that must just be unreal hearing you outsing them at that hole.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2014, 08:20:07 pm »
Beautiful read Harinder.

So jealous not to of been there.

Watching it on the TV and screaming he roof off the pub and then seeing it through your eyes and words somewhat make up for it.

We've had some fantastic moments and memories to cherish so far this season. Hopefully the best is yet to come...
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 08:55:49 pm »
The David Moyes scarf!  Please be real, you've got to post a picture of it.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2014, 09:07:01 pm »
Oh my boys, my boys, we are at the start of an age!

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2014, 09:25:23 pm »
I wanted a season ticket for ages. It was a life dream fulfilled when I got one. Now I don't know how I'd ever give it up. Highs, lows and stories make them special.

Yesterday was about as good as it gets for something special since I got that season ticket. We have experienced others, we will experience more and it's like history writing. We all have the pen so to speak and the canvasses to paint or paper to write is plenty. We might not make it and win the league but fuck it I think we can and we can sure as hell enjoy the ride getting there.

Offline martinf

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC is my religion, Anfield is my church
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2014, 09:34:11 pm »
Eloquent and beautiful as always....love reading your reports
A Liverbird upon my chest

JFT96 - We have the Truth, now give the 96 Justice and bring those responsible to account for their actions.

Offline Greebo62

• Matchday Project Manager. Amazingly Available! Apply within, ladies.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2014, 09:47:04 pm »
Harinder, beautifully written and perfectly expressed sentiments.  Long may you continue to enjoy the games we're all witnessing.

Seriously RAWK is full of so much seriously good quality writing, I spend almost next to no time posting because of the fantastic pieces I cannot help but devour.

Wonderful, time to be a Red, wonderful place to be a Red, When I get a job, there' be a donation coming :)
Believe...

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2014, 09:54:31 pm »
What a brilliant thread - they usually are, but with Farmans contribution - fine wine to a lovely dish.

Thanks lads.

@Yvanicuzz

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2014, 10:05:58 pm »

Repeat 20 times!

That's very good and although I don't like singing about the fuckers when where not playing them. Would be happy to hear that getting sung to hit back at that shite annoying song they where singing.

Oh great read by the way Harinder.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Fritz

• Main Stander
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2014, 10:17:57 pm »

Repeat 20 times!

Can't seem to make the last sentence fit? Think there's too many words. Am I the only one? Would love to hear it sung though

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2014, 10:25:00 pm »
Can't seem to make the last sentence fit? Think there's too many words. Am I the only one? Would love to hear it sung though
Maybe just

'Crushed by football played the Brendan way'

Might be worth sticking it in the Brendan needs a song thread.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2014, 10:25:46 pm »
Great read as usual, takes me right back there. One thing it reminded me - we didn't hear that Godawful "Come On Feel The Moyes" all game did we? ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2014, 10:25:52 pm »
Harinder, beautifully written and perfectly expressed sentiments.  Long may you continue to enjoy the games we're all witnessing.

Seriously RAWK is full of so much seriously good quality writing, I spend almost next to no time posting because of the fantastic pieces I cannot help but devour.

Wonderful, time to be a Red, wonderful place to be a Red, When I get a job, there' be a donation coming :)

Indeed!

Harinder has out done himself yet again.

After reading this I am even more made up for Cardiff.

Greebo62 welcome to the comma team, you did well lad.

I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2014, 10:26:35 pm »
Me too, just needs either Brendan or Rodgers to fit better.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2014, 10:34:54 pm »
yeah just take and Brendan and say Rodgers way or Liverpool way would probably be better
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2014, 11:47:54 pm »
I love these.  Brilliant yet again.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2014, 09:20:03 am »
So, this Flanno song then...just how good is it?
JFT97

Offline stststst

• Anny Roader
  • We won it 5 times..
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2014, 09:34:30 am »
Great read mate, video is class too