Author Topic: RAWK Advent Calendar 2014 #24 - Paris '81  (Read 8037 times)

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: RAWK Advent Calendar 2014 #24 - Paris '81
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2014, 12:27:17 am »
Goodness! Wish I possessed a decent vocabulary to make a response fitting to this abso-fucking-lutely star of a poster.

Oh, and the opening post ain't too shabby either ;D

Thank you. Thank you very much!
@Yvanicuzz

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2014, 02:06:18 am »
Pics or it never happened.
Kill the humourless

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2014, 08:26:02 am »
Brilliant top writing , so now we will go from Cancan to can the can, great stuff Maggie
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2014, 09:11:14 am »
Every man serves the good wine first, and when the people have drunk freely, then he serves the poorer wine; but you have kept the good wine until now.

While the earlier advent posts could never be described as poor, RAWK has certainly kept the best wine until last.

I laughed out loud - on several occaisions.

I am a bit intrigued though as to how you afforded the bill at the restaurant Maggie. Or is the Can Can a Scouse euphemism for doing a runner without weighing in?
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2014, 02:34:36 pm »
Pics or it never happened.

Behave you bad boy.    :missus   Any excuse just to see my knickers.    ;D

But apparently the drawers thing used to drive the Victorian gentlen insane. The girls  would bend over throw their petticotes over thier backs thus exposing their drawers and stockings.  And while bending down, cock their head to one side of their frothy petticoats and give a cheeky grin. Magic every time.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 02:44:13 pm by Maggie May »
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2014, 02:46:07 pm »

But apparently the drawers thing used to drive the Victorian gentlen insane. The girls  would bend over throw their petticotes over thier backs thus exposing their drawers and stockings.  And while bending down, cock their head to one side of their frothy petticoats and give a cheeky grin. Magic every time.

Still works today you know.. ;)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2014, 03:03:32 pm »
Every man serves the good wine first, and when the people have drunk freely, then he serves the poorer wine; but you have kept the good wine until now.

While the earlier advent posts could never be described as poor, RAWK has certainly kept the best wine until last.

I laughed out loud - on several occaisions. ibly posh

I am a bit intrigued though as to how you afforded the bill at the restaurant Maggie. Or is the Can Can a Scouse euphemism for doing a runner without weighing in?

Thank you sweetstuff.   :-* :wave

Not at all.  Mr May offered to pay several times but was waived away - it was on the house sort of thing.  Whether that was the restaurant or the table we were invited to sit with I have no idea.  It was incredibly posh and, quite frankly, I'd have set the dogs on us before we got through the  front door.  But.  Given that the majority of the ladies were shedding their kit, high kicking, squealing, doing the flying splits and generally dancing round in their drawers, the gentelmens' minds were fixed on matters other than the restaurant bill.   ;)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 03:06:16 pm by Maggie May »

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2014, 03:17:39 pm »
Damn shame about the camels though.  I really like camels.   :sad

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2014, 03:42:10 pm »
Ace that Mags, really enjoyable read and thanks for sharing it with us :) Merry Christmas, too! :D

Offline Drippy Dick

• probably due to the tumble tossing
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2014, 07:34:59 pm »
Epic, just epic what folks have got on to, while supporting our great club. Excellent read as always.
I live my life for the stars that shine

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2014, 08:32:47 pm »
Epic, just epic what folks have got on to, while supporting our great club. Excellent read as always.

Oh my dear.  It was manic.  Totally uninhibited.  See a fountain and the lure was irresistable.  Leap in and jump about.  Dry off as you walk around.  Or not.  Not giving a stuff either way.  Glorious days.   We certainly did know how to party.   ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2014, 10:32:17 pm »
Tres Bien Maggie! ;D

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2014, 07:46:22 am »
Tres Bien Maggie! ;D

Oooooh.  I love it when a bloke talks foreign.  I find it incredibly sexy.   :lickin :lickin :lickin

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2014, 11:40:04 pm »
Talking of fountains puts me in mind of when we played - and beat - Alaves.  There was one helluva party in the Old Town.  Talk about a hot time in the old town tonight didn't have a shade on it.  There was this big stage with lots of bands, Doctor Fun and his Puppet, a fountain of course to leap into and lots of stalls selling massive bockworst sausages and oceans of beer.  And of course a special song - to the tune of Lilly Marlene:

Undernreath the Floodlights
Down in Dusseldorf
All the Kop was Singing
Bevvied up of course
We've been to Paris and to Rome
And 'cos this team don't walk alone
We're going back to Europe
To bring the European Cup back home.
 ;D   :champ :scarf :hally
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 11:45:22 pm by Maggie May »

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2014, 09:59:19 pm »
I'm bumping this. I make no apologies for being biased, but if you read one thing in 2014, it should be this. Simply put, it's one of the best reminiscing articles of the golden days you'll ever read on RAWK.

Bravo Maggie.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 5, 2015, 05:37:38 pm »
I'm bumping this. I make no apologies for being biased, but if you read one thing in 2014, it should be this. Simply put, it's one of the best reminiscing articles of the golden days you'll ever read on RAWK.

Bravo Maggie.

Well mucho grassy arse hombre.

As soon as I get sober I'll make a start on the piece we spoke about.  Cologne Carnival where Mr May was a gay icon and I walked about with a chicken on my head - not an actual real live one which would have fell off - obviously. 

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 6, 2015, 01:10:27 pm »
hurry up ;)
Yep.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 6, 2015, 01:59:29 pm »
hurry up ;)
Oh  I do so love it when you come over all commanding and masterful.   And give me orders.   *Shimmy shivers*  You are so powerful and butch with it as well.  I bet you've got a hairy chest.  It makes me feel all delicate, precious  and frail.  And anyone who thinks otherwise can just fuck off.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2015, 02:01:36 pm by Maggie May »

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2015, 11:09:57 pm »
Only just got round to reading this thread I am ashamed to say, boy was I missing out.

Maggie.......brilliant tale !! 

Waiting excitedly for the next instalment now...
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059