Author Topic: Blackpool v Liverpool 12th January 2011. 8 PM (Pre match thread)  (Read 114484 times)

Offline Rigden

• Legacy Fan
Re: Blackpool v Liverpool 12th January 2011. 8 PM (Pre match thread)
« Reply #1920 on: January 12, 2011, 09:02:41 pm »
On a side note, really don't like our black top.
“Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1921 on: January 12, 2011, 09:02:45 pm »
His weight was over the other side of his body so he couldn't get any strength behind the tackle but he played the ball. Raul left us horribly open due to a blind pass.

true. dont agree about raul. Torres does these shit lay offs where he does not think what the player is doing and going.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1922 on: January 12, 2011, 09:02:48 pm »
i'd take a draw!
one step at a time..
but this game is there for the taking. need to step up a little. Definate improvement in passing. Just a little sloppy by some players..

Offline Supernatural

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1923 on: January 12, 2011, 09:02:49 pm »
Poulsen!!!! JOva!!!!

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #1924 on: January 12, 2011, 09:03:00 pm »
Improvement. First game in charge really to do some bare minimal stuff and Kenny has changed the playing style and so far doing great. Thinking back to how we played away before this -- this is like a 20yr aged scotch. Hodgson was like a 20 yr refrigerated bottle of opened beer.  :)
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1925 on: January 12, 2011, 09:03:00 pm »
Yes there would, but if Roy had picked this team .

we'd have been 3 down........ :D
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #1926 on: January 12, 2011, 09:03:05 pm »
A better performance from Poulsen, but he is slow as hell and offers nothing going forward at the best of times.

We've been treated by talent like Alonso, Hamann and Mascherano in recent years and this guy is nowhere near that. And we couldn't have expected that from him, to be fair.

I was expecting a tough tackling terrier that steams into tackles and gets regular dismissals for his overly keen nature.

But he's proved nothing of the sort. He's the slowest player we've had, perhaps with the exception of Henchoz and Hyypia, and he is a fairly terrible passer of the ball to boot.

I would rather give Shelvey opportunities.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Johnathan

• definitely a real fan...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1927 on: January 12, 2011, 09:03:16 pm »
I don't think Poulsen has been THAT bad tonight.
See him touch Pepe's cock with his mouth :D

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #1928 on: January 12, 2011, 09:03:18 pm »
Started off well and good to see us pressing and attempting to pass the ball on the floor. Energy has been good also.

However, the lack of quality in our attackers is clearly showing in and around the box and once again, our wingers are letting us down. They haven't been a threat at all.

Agree with this. Johnson and Kelly have been guilty at times too when attacking.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline igloo

• Anny Roader
  • All round the fields of Anfield Road....
« Reply #1929 on: January 12, 2011, 09:03:22 pm »
Torres will bonuce again !!!!
YNWA

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #1930 on: January 12, 2011, 09:03:22 pm »
I thought Jovanovic has been pretty good.

Kuyt and his touch have been the let down for me thus far.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1931 on: January 12, 2011, 09:03:49 pm »
Good solid shift from Poulsen so far. Surprised to read some criticism for him on here. He's done a job.

Meireles and Jovanovic have been very poor.

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1932 on: January 12, 2011, 09:04:10 pm »
On a side note, really don't like our black top.

I do

It's not tactics I am worried about atm (the look damn site better!), but the simple skills players should of this calibre should be able to do!
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline THELEFTBACK

• Main Stander
  • I remember the 70's.
« Reply #1933 on: January 12, 2011, 09:04:13 pm »
"Where's Babel"?
The gag on Twiiter is that Hoard Webb has a photoshop picture of him mocked up,sitting in the stands.

Offline r1ch

• Main Stander
« Reply #1934 on: January 12, 2011, 09:04:14 pm »
Started the half well, 15 mins looked dangerous. Players running beyond the ball with the whole midfield pushing up in attack (minus Poulsen as he's the DM). Torres goal was great, Kelly with the assist?

Their goal shook us, doubts crept in again and we sat back a bit more. Not as many pushing forward.

Poulsen looking better than he has, but better than shite is still crap. Slow passing, slow movement, slow positioning which leads to fouls and passing backwards. Couple of balls to Torres have been ok, but still needs to improve a lot, an awful lot.

Johnson's looked a little nervous as a LB, not sure what the thinking is there.

Kuyt needs to find a first touch. God knows he's never had a good one, but it's getting worse.

Overall, not bad. Big improvement on previous away performances but that goes without saying. With a good team talk from Kenny, they'll kick on and score a couple more to make it an easy finish.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1935 on: January 12, 2011, 09:05:12 pm »
Link to goal?

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #1936 on: January 12, 2011, 09:05:28 pm »
Poulsen is the scapegoat. Anybody watching the game will have noticed that he has been fairly decent , better than the likes of Kuyt and Raul.
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #1937 on: January 12, 2011, 09:05:42 pm »
whos captain?
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1938 on: January 12, 2011, 09:05:45 pm »
I know it is rather obvious but the difference between a barca player and a liverpool player when they get in that pocket of space between the midfield and defence is just startling. Unless it is Gerrard you pretty much always know one of our attackers is going to waste possession with some sort of shocking attempt at a final ball to Torres.

i guesss thats why they're barcelona and we're not - i think we had better get used to not having players as good as them for some time yet >:(  :D

as someone mentioned above, we need someone to put their foot on the ball ion midfield - meireles, poulson, lucas are not good enough to be regulars in a top team imo

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
87:13