Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 336795 times)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #1400 on: November 2, 2016, 04:59:50 pm »
Gutted for the lad :(

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1401 on: November 2, 2016, 05:08:43 pm »
Truely gutted for Ings.

Great professional and hope he gets fit sooner rather than later.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #1402 on: November 2, 2016, 05:09:03 pm »
Really had a feeling the second half of the season he was going to explode back for us. Feel for the lad.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1403 on: November 2, 2016, 05:17:25 pm »
:(

Gutted for him after he's worked so hard to get back fit after his ACL

However, he'll do exactly the same this time and be back fighting fit when we next see him!

Get well soon Danny

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #1404 on: November 2, 2016, 05:35:32 pm »
Absolutely gutted for him.

He remains a fantastic ambassador and role model for kids though - hard working, charitable, grateful and a bloody good player too. Everything that a player should be in the modern game.
He will come back from this, I'm sure of it.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1405 on: November 2, 2016, 05:38:35 pm »
Gutted for the lad, but how did he pass a medical? I said when we signed him it was risky at best to sign someone with a history of serious knee injuries.

Just hope Gomez doesn't go the same way, but he's already over 12 months out.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1406 on: November 2, 2016, 06:03:44 pm »
Gutted for the lad, truly hope he can come back from this some bad luck to have so many bad knee injuries in one career.
choose Life.

Online Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Guns don't kill people, chimps do!
« Reply #1407 on: November 2, 2016, 06:04:02 pm »
Gutted for the lad.
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1408 on: November 2, 2016, 06:04:46 pm »
Apparently it's a cartilage injury. Those can be particularly nasty. A relative had this in both knees and has never been physically the same, since. She is middle-aged, though.
A mate of mine had to give up playing rugby due to cartilage injuries, he was on the verge of the Welsh youth squad when the final injury happened. That was 25 years ago and obviously medical techniques have improved since then but it won't be easy for him to get back to 100%
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1409 on: November 2, 2016, 06:09:43 pm »
A mate of mine had to give up playing rugby due to cartilage injuries, he was on the verge of the Welsh youth squad when the final injury happened. That was 25 years ago and obviously medical techniques have improved since then but it won't be easy for him to get back to 100%

He was never going to be 100% after his first cruciate a few years ago. He's done it again since and now this.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline mascherano20

• Main Stander
« Reply #1410 on: November 2, 2016, 07:20:17 pm »
Was just saying to a mate yesterday how I thought he might come into the team in second half of the season and turn his reserve goals into first team ones.

So common to get an opposite knee injury especially pro athletes due to the compensatory effect. Absolutely gutted for the lad and for us-chin up Dingsy

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1411 on: November 2, 2016, 07:21:33 pm »
Jesusfuckingchrist.  Poor lad just can't catch a break can he?

Wish him well obviously, and I am sure the club will look after him, but that's a lot of footy for a young feller to miss out on.   :(

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1412 on: November 2, 2016, 07:22:57 pm »
Seems he will be out for 6-7 months, so basically the rest of the season.

Hope he can return to fitness but he's certainly been dealt a shitty hand.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1413 on: November 2, 2016, 07:23:16 pm »
Really had a feeling the second half of the season he was going to explode back for us. Feel for the lad.

Yeah, as the games pile up, I'd have expected him to get more and more minutes for us. A real shame on a personal level given his injury history but hopefully he can come back strong next season for us.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1414 on: November 2, 2016, 07:26:06 pm »
The way Klopp talks about him you can tell he's a really hard working lad and its such rotten luck to have come so far in your recovery to be hot by another long term injury.

Feel really sorry for the lad. Get well soon Danny
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Tommy Torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1415 on: November 2, 2016, 08:07:55 pm »
Got to feel for the lad, shit luck that. Hope he comes back stronger next year.
There's only one Sergio Torres

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1416 on: November 2, 2016, 08:21:17 pm »
Gutted for him. Get well soon Danny lad
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1417 on: November 2, 2016, 08:23:11 pm »
Poor lad, really was glad to see him back and now he's out again.
Best wishes to him.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline hansen6

• RAWK Scientific Officer, 1687-1905
  • Legacy Fan
  • Must post more
« Reply #1418 on: November 2, 2016, 08:26:13 pm »
Apparently it's a cartilage injury. Those can be particularly nasty. A relative had this in both knees and has never been physically the same, since. She is middle-aged, though.
Yeah, some of the cartilage doesn't get much blood flow so when it gets injured, that's it. I have a tear in mine and I basically can't run anymore.

Gutted for him. Most players are not the same after one.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1419 on: November 2, 2016, 08:26:36 pm »
Like many have said, absolutely gutted for him. What can you say really, the lad must be heartbroken.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1420 on: November 2, 2016, 08:35:09 pm »
It's a cartilage injury..

That's one hell of a cartilage injury though, any physios care to speculate on what it might be to be out for so long??
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1421 on: November 2, 2016, 08:48:26 pm »
Gutted for him. Good luck to him

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1422 on: November 2, 2016, 08:58:15 pm »
It's a cartilage injury..

That's one hell of a cartilage injury though, any physios care to speculate on what it might be to be out for so long??
Yes very odd, I have had quite a few cartilage opps and usually  no more than a month out. I have done my cruciate in both knees and can't do any running and twisting sports nearly 30 years on. Hope he is able to get through this, he seems a really good guy.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1423 on: November 2, 2016, 09:18:20 pm »
Very cruel and ill-deserved on the lad. Hope he finds the strength that enables him back to health and form. Best of luck Dingsy.

Offline klobutruck

• Main Stander
« Reply #1424 on: November 2, 2016, 09:41:42 pm »
Absolutely gutted for Ings. Best of luck with the surgery and rehab.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #1425 on: November 2, 2016, 09:57:38 pm »

Isn't what Redknapp had? Basically ruined his career for us.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1426 on: November 2, 2016, 10:32:38 pm »
Get well soon, Ingsy. You'll bounce back.

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1427 on: November 2, 2016, 11:29:47 pm »
You feel like if anyone will work his ass off to come back from this it'll be Danny.  They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger but I'm not sure if that's the case with knee injuries. Hope he can come back and hit the big time with us next season,  good luck with your recovery Danny!

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1428 on: November 2, 2016, 11:40:39 pm »
did that shithouse tackle by Harry Winks have anything to do with this?

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #1429 on: November 2, 2016, 11:57:45 pm »
motherfucker

guy can't catch a break  >:( :'(
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1430 on: November 3, 2016, 12:25:54 am »
I feel for you Danny, that's some rotten luck. I've had two loose cartilage ops, one snapped and repaired ACL and one dislocated kneecap! Get well soon

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1431 on: November 3, 2016, 01:22:08 am »
Poor guy... Good skills, good instinct, top notch attitude, and can't catch a fucking break...

Get well, Danny!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1432 on: November 3, 2016, 01:35:02 am »
Did King Klopp just delete his post or made to walk the plank?

Despicable post.

Gutted for him. Best wishes for his recovery!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1433 on: November 3, 2016, 01:53:20 am »
Really gutted for hiim was looking forward to seeing him play with us.

Offline Lar Salty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1434 on: November 3, 2016, 02:00:27 am »
Assuming it's cartilage dammage, he'll have two options. One, they can trim the damaged part of the cartilage, and leave the part that can be salvaged. This is a meniscectomy, and carries a very brief recovery time. If I was a betting man, this is what I would put my money on happening. The second option would be sewing the damaged cartilage back together, and letting it heal. This would require a lengthy recovery period, including some time with it completely immobilized, and wouldn't necessarily preclude further injury when he comes back. This is also only possible if the cartilage isn't too badly damaged and can hold stitches.

This is all also assuming that his injury is just a cartilage tear and that it's on the medial side. The lateral side doesn't have the same blood supply, and a meniscectomy would probably be his only option. Either way, surgery to repair or remove damaged cartilage is way less invasive than the acl reconstructions he's already had. No matter how they proceed his surgery will be arthroscopic.

I don't want to say that meniscus injuries aren't serious. They have obvious long term effects (inevitable arthritis and probable knee replacement at some point). They're infinitely easier to recover from than ligament reconstructions though. It's not even the same ballpark. If this is just a matter of Ings having his knee scoped and trimmed, then he'll be back to training in no time. This isn't as devastating as people are making it sound. Gutted for him, but he'll be ok!

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #1435 on: November 3, 2016, 03:10:15 am »
Assuming it's cartilage dammage, he'll have two options. One, they can trim the damaged part of the cartilage, and leave the part that can be salvaged. This is a meniscectomy, and carries a very brief recovery time. If I was a betting man, this is what I would put my money on happening. The second option would be sewing the damaged cartilage back together, and letting it heal. This would require a lengthy recovery period, including some time with it completely immobilized, and wouldn't necessarily preclude further injury when he comes back. This is also only possible if the cartilage isn't too badly damaged and can hold stitches.

This is all also assuming that his injury is just a cartilage tear and that it's on the medial side. The lateral side doesn't have the same blood supply, and a meniscectomy would probably be his only option. Either way, surgery to repair or remove damaged cartilage is way less invasive than the acl reconstructions he's already had. No matter how they proceed his surgery will be arthroscopic.

I don't want to say that meniscus injuries aren't serious. They have obvious long term effects (inevitable arthritis and probable knee replacement at some point). They're infinitely easier to recover from than ligament reconstructions though. It's not even the same ballpark. If this is just a matter of Ings having his knee scoped and trimmed, then he'll be back to training in no time. This isn't as devastating as people are making it sound. Gutted for him, but he'll be ok!
Don't necessarily have to stitch it. I had a meniscus tear and we let it just heal on its own.  That said, I had the "luxury" of keeping off it for the most part for 18 months or so.  I suspect he will want a more rapid recovery, so the surgery would be more likely.  Could be looking at a couple months recovery if so.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline Lar Salty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1436 on: November 3, 2016, 06:25:56 am »
Don't necessarily have to stitch it. I had a meniscus tear and we let it just heal on its own.  That said, I had the "luxury" of keeping off it for the most part for 18 months or so.  I suspect he will want a more rapid recovery, so the surgery would be more likely.  Could be looking at a couple months recovery if so.

If it's bad enough to require surgery, it won't heal on its own. A bucket handle tear, for example, is a tear across nearly the entire length of the meniscus. It's a c-shaped piece of tissue, and the inner half of the meniscus can flip into the joint. A bucket handle tear will never heal in its own, and will need to be either trimmed or sewn back together.

The kind of damage you're talking about is basically frayed edges. Every athlete, at any level, is going to sustain cartilage damage over time. Most will never see a doctor about it or anything. They'll never need to.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1437 on: November 3, 2016, 08:50:05 am »
Gut wrenching. He was looking an extremely useful player before his first knee injury with us. You had that sense he'd have thrived under Klopp; the kind of under the radar name that explodes into football's consciousness thanks to the system.

Stay strong, Danny

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1438 on: November 3, 2016, 09:14:44 am »
If it's bad enough to require surgery, it won't heal on its own. A bucket handle tear, for example, is a tear across nearly the entire length of the meniscus. It's a c-shaped piece of tissue, and the inner half of the meniscus can flip into the joint. A bucket handle tear will never heal in its own, and will need to be either trimmed or sewn back together.

The kind of damage you're talking about is basically frayed edges. Every athlete, at any level, is going to sustain cartilage damage over time. Most will never see a doctor about it or anything. They'll never need to.

Are you a doctor?Not meant patronisingly, genuinely curious

Offline me76

• It's all in the reflexes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #1439 on: November 3, 2016, 09:22:18 am »
All the best Danny! Gutted for you mate, good luck for your recovery.
Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."