Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 590176 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #1240 on: January 21, 2017, 04:12:53 pm »
Just play him in the midfield please

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1241 on: January 21, 2017, 06:51:57 pm »

Allthe more beneficial as it kicks Can out of the first XI too.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #1242 on: January 21, 2017, 09:17:35 pm »
just needs to calibrate, seems just a fraction out of sync.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1243 on: January 21, 2017, 09:40:25 pm »
I agree....

If he had scored that overhead in the first half, I suspect it would have been a very different game :(
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1244 on: January 21, 2017, 09:56:49 pm »
Midfield please.   Would like to see him starting alongside Hendo in games like this with a box to box remit. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1245 on: January 21, 2017, 11:25:21 pm »
Allthe more beneficial as it kicks Can out of the first XI too.

Absolutely like that.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1246 on: January 22, 2017, 07:05:32 pm »
Get him back into the midfield. That's where he belongs - it was the one thing I was screaming for yesterday, and the ONLY thing that concerned me. Can shouldn't have started IMO - Lallana should been in midfield, with Origi up front.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1247 on: January 22, 2017, 07:11:12 pm »
Get him back into the midfield. That's where he belongs - it was the one thing I was screaming for yesterday, and the ONLY thing that concerned me. Can shouldn't have started IMO - Lallana should been in midfield, with Origi up front.

I agree that Lallana should be in central midfield. But Can was our best player at Old Trafford and it would have been silly to have dropped him.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #1248 on: January 22, 2017, 07:27:57 pm »
He's a wonderful player...comes across as a top bloke. and he's absolutely gorgeous.

❤❤❤❤

Had a tough start to his LFC career but he's definitely been the most improved player.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #1249 on: January 22, 2017, 07:58:31 pm »
Andrew Beasley
‏@BassTunedToRed

Always take the position info with a pinch of salt, but why would you play Lallana anywhere other than midfield based on this?

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1250 on: January 23, 2017, 12:18:07 am »
I agree that Lallana should be in central midfield. But Can was our best player at Old Trafford and it would have been silly to have dropped him.
Weird how people have managed to ignore this and pretend that he's been poor every time he's gone onto the pitch recently.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1251 on: January 23, 2017, 01:14:29 am »
Weird how people have managed to ignore this and pretend that he's been poor every time he's gone onto the pitch recently.

He was good at Old Trafford but you couldn't find a more different game with different demands in midfield to Swansea at home

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1252 on: January 23, 2017, 10:46:51 am »

Indeed, he was excellent against City too. He's a player with a very specific skill set and as such he's very useful for big games, i.e. when you need that added bit of height, physicality and defensive assurance in midfield, while also providing the ability to run with the ball with speed into space afforded by opponents who commit men forward.

If he could start adding the odd goal here and there again then it would make him more useful in other games too but I have a feeling those three goals were an unsustainable hot streak. I doubt you'll ever get more than five in a league campaign from him.

Whether we can afford to carry a player like that is a completely different argument but I hate how he's suddenly become our worst player in people's eyes. We have far worse footballers at this club who desperately need shifting and replacing. Can falls into the in-between bracket for me: sell if you receive a very good offer and have an upgrade lined up, but otherwise he'll remain a very useful squad player and project for the long-term who isn't always being used at the right times because of a lack of options elsewhere.

In instances like this I prefer to blame the manager and the club with the ninth best resources in world football for unnecessarily leaving ourselves short in several areas and therefore relying so much on a raw, young footballer who not so long ago many people were claiming to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: January 23, 2017, 11:38:20 am »
He was good at Old Trafford but you couldn't find a more different game with different demands in midfield to Swansea at home
I didn't say anything about Swansea.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1254 on: January 23, 2017, 06:01:14 pm »

I don't think that's the case - most rational supporters will acknowledge Can has been pretty good, but that Henderson, Wijnaldum and Lallana are all ahead of his for a slot in the midfield 3. Can needed to turn it on against Swansea to justify budging one of those 3 out of midfield, but he didn't. This is more a case of Lallana being exceptional from midfield this season ... Swansea felt a bit like Lallana from last year. I think we've found his role now ...
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #1255 on: January 23, 2017, 06:20:16 pm »
He's a wonderful player...comes across as a top bloke. and he's absolutely gorgeous.

❤❤❤❤

Had a tough start to his LFC career but he's definitely been the most improved player.

With that beard?
dios esta buena

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1256 on: January 24, 2017, 01:19:00 am »
I don't think that's the case - most rational supporters will acknowledge Can has been pretty good, but that Henderson, Wijnaldum and Lallana are all ahead of his for a slot in the midfield 3.
It is the case. There are a lot of supporters, including some rational ones, that are acting as if Can hasn't had single game above a 5/10 recently. Some of them are then arguing that Klopp is missing this and must have a blind spot to it ("every manager makes mistakes" - as if a world class one like Klopp would miss someone playing poorly for six or seven games in a row).

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1257 on: January 24, 2017, 01:53:35 am »
Think the bloke who works out what position people play in on that Transfer Market website needs sacking, based on his opinion of Lallana!

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #1258 on: January 24, 2017, 09:17:20 am »
Think the bloke who works out what position people play in on that Transfer Market website needs sacking, based on his opinion of Lallana!

Beasley did say 'always take the position with a pinch of salt'.  ;)

Here's another analysis of Lallana in midfield by the Stats wizard:

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/01/conclusive-proof-adam-lallana-better-liverpools-midfield-attack/

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1259 on: January 25, 2017, 02:06:20 pm »
Please put him back in the middle of the park, thank you.   :wave

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1260 on: January 25, 2017, 02:30:50 pm »
Considering his form from central midfield, it seems odd that he's been the one constantly moved to the wide attacking role rather than Wijnaldum.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1261 on: January 25, 2017, 10:33:33 pm »
This is why a few weeks ago I took issue with someone calling Lallana unique. Gerrard was unique, an outstanding player who inspired players and fans a like. Lallana is a good player but for me he is not a great player. I have fifty years of watching some wonderful players and Lallana doesn't even come close.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1262 on: January 25, 2017, 10:37:28 pm »
This is why a few weeks ago I took issue with someone calling Lallana unique. Gerrard was unique, an outstanding player who inspired players and fans a like. Lallana is a good player but for me he is not a great player. I have fifty years of watching some wonderful players and Lallana doesn't even come close.
They used the word unique in a totally different context to how you perceived it, but glad you've waited this long to tell us how right you were.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1263 on: January 25, 2017, 10:43:23 pm »
Thanks, glad you agree..

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1264 on: January 28, 2017, 10:59:42 pm »
Looks like he will be signing new contact soon. With pay rise. No one else have a slight concern this is on the back of half a season good form only?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1265 on: January 28, 2017, 11:02:10 pm »
Looks like he will be signing new contact soon. With pay rise. No one else have a slight concern this is on the back of half a season good form only?

Not really, no. Remember that Klopp sees more of him than we do, through training and day to day activities at the club, he probably views Lallana as an important part of his squad.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1266 on: January 28, 2017, 11:03:45 pm »
We should wait and see if PSG or Spurs follow up on their interest, we're pretty good at replacing players.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: January 28, 2017, 11:05:29 pm »

Is there anything you like about this team?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: January 28, 2017, 11:07:33 pm »
Not really, no. Remember that Klopp sees more of him than we do, through training and day to day activities at the club, he probably views Lallana as an important part of his squad.

Yeah he's been great this season. Up there with coutinho and Mane. Let's hope it's not just a purple patch.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1269 on: January 28, 2017, 11:14:25 pm »

People are moaning all over the forum about a lack of squad depth. The last thing we need is to lose a player who is well drilled in what Klopp wants and who he appears to trust. That's not to say there isn't a better alternative the club are looking at, but that player will need to bed in and if we want to cope if/when the fixtures get congested again then surely it's better to rotate a player like Lallana in, rather than face the alternative?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1270 on: February 9, 2017, 09:09:13 pm »
Nobody can say you're absolutely wrong presently Al mate so it depends how we'll reflect on this deal in perhaps 3-years. Under his current form he'll attract some suitors and my fear is that if we don't secure him we start again with someone else when really we want that someone else as well. We need to expand the squad using the likes of Lallana and hopefully much better. It's a gamble but it may result in a small price to pay.

He's probably the fitness and most technical elder player we've retained for a while albeit at a cost. And to be honest nobody should be arsed, the task of trimming the wage bill has well been achieved allowing us to make these decisions accordingly and as how Klopp desires :)

I agree John time will tell.

Klopp clearly rates him so in the short term it's a no brainer. The concern has got be paying him 7.5m a season when he is 31 and 32.

This is worth a look.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1271 on: February 9, 2017, 09:10:28 pm »
James Pearce: I’m not aware that that is his new salary going forward. I know it’s been reported in some places – it wasn’t in the Echo but other reputable sources say that is the case.

So it might not even be 150k.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #1272 on: February 10, 2017, 11:48:48 am »
Didn't train yesterday due to a tight muscle.

Think he hurt his back carrying out his new weekly wage from Anfield  ;)

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1273 on: February 10, 2017, 11:53:49 am »

Its not even a case of playing him in the midfield, its just as much a case of who plays when he not in the middle. Having Gini, Hendo and Can in a midfield with Lallana plying as one of the front 3 (or not playing at all) leaves us with just 3 attacking, forward minded players on the pitch which isn't enough.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1274 on: February 10, 2017, 07:48:41 pm »
http://www.empireofthekop.com/2017/02/10/exclusive-the-reason-behind-the-adam-lallama-tattoo-is-actually-brilliant/

A few days back, a tattoo (which you’ll see in the featured image) went viral on social media.

An unknown Liverpool fan got an ‘Adam Lallama’ done on her thigh, much to the amusement of fans everywhere.

But it turns out the piece is actually a tribute to a friend who passed away and comes with a really nice back-story.

After we initially published a piece on the tattoo, Andreah De La Hoz, who lives in Nashville, Tennessee, got in touch – alerting us that she’s actually a woman (sorry!) – and that she’d be happy to tell us how ‘Adam Lallama’ came about.

It’s a tribute to a friend who sadly passed away in 2014 and we think the idea is absolutely brilliant.

Good for you, Andreah.

Here’s what she had to say:

I got the tattoo here in Nashville, TN where I live. I got it done on Monday, (Feb 6), but I’ve been on the waitlist for a while to have it worked on. “Why Adam Lallama” and “why did I get the tattoo” kind of go hand-in-hand. I was living in KY a few years ago and I made a friend in college named Paige. I introduced her to Liverpool and she became a fan as well. When we signed Adam Lallana, Paige really took a liking to him and he became her favourite. To kind of bug her a bit, I used to call him “Adam Lallama”— she would get annoyed, but it always made her smile. In 2014, my friend Paige passed away due to illness. After a couple of years, I thought, “I’ll get a tattoo as a tribute to Paige”, but I couldn’t decide on what to get. I moved to Nashville in 2015, and joined the local supporters group here for Liverpool (The Nashville Kop). While I was at the pub one day watching a match, Adam had done something “Player of the Year”-ish and I thought of “Adam Lallama”. It made me smile remembering. I was sad that Paige was gone, but happy I had that memory. That’s why I decided to get the tattoo. I asked my fellow supporters what’d they’d think if I got an “Adam Lallama” and they all loved the idea too.

People that I know personally have all loved it and thought it was brilliant. The internet is a completely different story. It seems to be about a 50/50 split of positive and negative comments. I’ve been trying to avoid reading about it too much. There’s the usual mean comments–body shaming, people being negative–but then there’s also the people that have said I made their day or made them laugh, or that now want llama tattoos, haha. Honestly, when I look at it, it makes me smile. I think of my friend Paige and I think she’d get a kick out of it. My fiancé laughs every time he sees it, so it makes him happy. My friends all love it, and Adam Lallana himself laughed and approved, so I am perfectly happy with it too. As far as the viral thing, it’s kind of nuts. I just got a tattoo and went to bed thinking nothing of it. Boy, was I wrong.

Fortunately, he’s signed a new contract! So I’ll be good until 2021! But really, as long as he doesn’t move to United I’m ok with it. I’d hate to see him go, but that’s the nature of the sport. Because I have a personal reason for getting the tattoo, other than it’s hilarious and I love Adam Lallana, it wouldn’t affect how I feel about the tattoo too much if he decided to move on.

I have 5 other tattoos, but none that are Liverpool. I’ve always wanted a Liverpool tattoo, but I wanted it to be unique. I guess I killed two birds with one stone on that one. People have been suggesting other puns for players. If I like one well enough, I might go under the needle again. Personally, I love the St. Joe, Joe Allen as “Christ”, image that was floating around and I might have to go ahead and get him on the other thigh, haha.

Thank you for taking the time and wanting to hear my story. I really appreciate it.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1275 on: February 11, 2017, 12:55:41 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's a nice story :)

Hope he is fit today!

Offline YoungKopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1276 on: February 11, 2017, 08:18:00 pm »
He was brilliant today. Full of energy, and put in a good defensive shift too at times.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1277 on: February 11, 2017, 08:23:00 pm »
On the ball play is still not what it was but excellent defensive contribution nonetheless. He backups the front three so well with his aggression and work rate in these sort of games.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1278 on: February 11, 2017, 09:10:52 pm »
He was well up for this, and took some beatings from the Spurs players too. So good to see him linking well with our front three. Keep it up Adam.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1279 on: February 11, 2017, 09:14:16 pm »
Put in one hell of a shift today, even after he picked up that injury he was sprinting back helping defend! He's a gem our Adam!