Author Topic: Grr, GU podcast  (Read 2475 times)

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Grr, GU podcast
« on: December 21, 2007, 03:20:48 pm »
So many clueless clowns, the only qualification they seem to have is a bad stand-up comedic past. All they seem to do is sneer and laugh at Pool/Benitez. Lack of respect drives me mad. Listening to this weeks effort, some eejit has stated Rafa is a good coach but not a good manager and he can't buy good players.... this notion is based on the free transfer of Voronin... Christ on a crutch... anyone else listening to it?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline bobapcoed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Grr, GU podcast
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 04:33:09 pm »
I've stopped listening to phone-ins, getting on websites (except this one obviously), and stopped reading national papers. We knew it would happen, and the papers are still trying to stir the Benitez/Hicks thing up. It's more virulent than it's ever been but it's not new. The older ones amongst us will know we even got slagged off when we were winning everything under Paisley. Make no mistake the London/Manchester biassed media hate us, always have, always will. Take no shit off these bastards.

Offline Mark_kopite90

• Anny Roader
  • Justice!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 05:23:35 pm »
Totally agree, utter bullshit.
sad idiots - Media are scumbags always have, always will be.
I myself have stopped going onto website (except RAWK of course) beacuse part from the fact the articales are just laughable and yet more anti-Liverpool, the comments people leave after are just idiotic. Serious lack of knowledge of the game.
Also have stopped reading national papers, because the journelists are scumbags, idiots, lies,cheats, just to make a story.
But still they continue to write us off, and we still win the most silver. Lovely  :scarf

Offline Cassiel

• Legacy Fan
  • Lord, I can't go back there...
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 05:49:54 pm »
The Guardian Online lot love to wind up Liverpool fans. Take their weekly email, The Fiver, and it's end-of year-awards.

THE JOHN DARWIN AWARD

$tevie Mbe, for going missing in any Premier League match in which Liverpool came up against any other team from the Big Four, or any England game against Croatia.

THE TIMOTHY P LOVEJOY AWARD FOR EXCEPTIONAL AMUSEMENT

The burglars who continue to do their bit to reinforce lazy regional stereotypes by breaking into the houses of various Liverpool players whenever they're pencilled in to play away from home in Europe. The current tally of victims: six. And counting.

THE MARK THOMAS AWARD FOR MOST POINTLESS DEMONSTRATION AGAINST "THE MAN"

The 1,000 or so Liverpool fans who organised a 200m "march" from a pub they would have been drinking in anyway to a football stadium they were going to anyway, in a demonstration of support for their beleagu ... sorry, bemused manager Rafael Benitez.

THE JOSE MOURINHO AWARD FOR FLICKING THE Vs

While his supporters embarked on their protest meander, Benitez was actually addressing the problem in hand. Responding to tightwad owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks's order to keep his neb out of transfer policy, Rafa announced he was simply focused on training and coaching his team, focused on training and coaching his team, focused on training and coaching his team, focused on training and coaching his team, focused on training and coaching his team, focused on training and coaching his team, focused on training and coaching his team, and focused on training and coaching his team. Then he rocked up to the Newcastle game wearing not a suit but a trackie for the first time in his Anfield career. The first international protest made through the medium of bespoke tailoring, it was needlessly petulant posturing of the highest order. And therefore worthy of our utmost respect.

That penultimate sentence reveals where they're coming from. They're looking for a rise and they invariably get it. It's really not worth bothering about., They take the piss out of everyone, but will wind up Liverpool fans because they react the most fervently. The more thin-skinned we are, the more they enjoy the wind up and so on. Ignore them.
Looks like I chose the wrong day to feed the pigeons...

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 07:42:58 pm »
I've stopped listening to phone-ins, getting on websites (except this one obviously), and stopped reading national papers. We knew it would happen, and the papers are still trying to stir the Benitez/Hicks thing up. It's more virulent than it's ever been but it's not new. The older ones amongst us will know we even got slagged off when we were winning everything under Paisley. Make no mistake the London/Manchester biassed media hate us, always have, always will. Take no shit off these bastards.
I can second every word. It's gone on since I can remeber and me aul fella, god rest him, told me it had gone on when I was in Dads bag and he was in Baghdad.
But I love it that they all hate us.  Fuckin us against them.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 07:50:38 pm »

They all definitely have an anti-Liverpool agenda but that's just what they are, a bunch of twats giggling at their own jokes, best to ignore the know-nothings. All the sweeter when we win things, to make the general twats out there chew their own tongues off.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 07:55:42 pm »
Cassiel...
You do as you like, but I won't have it. I hate them bastards. If I can't go to a game, I see if they have a minute by minute report going on. I tweak them up so bad they retort with the usual stereotypicall insults and slurs. I remind them that trendy lefty liberal PC types wouldn't dare say that sort of thing to any minority. I can feel the steam coming out of their ears. I got one bastard so bad he emailed me all night, even calling me illiterate sink estate scum for my bad spelling. Shame I proudly addmitted it or the public school educated knobhead bitting on me tweek.
Bastards, every man Jack of Them.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 08:00:14 pm »
I can second every word. It's gone on since I can remeber and me aul fella, god rest him, told me it had gone on when I was in Dads bag and he was in Baghdad.
But I love it that they all hate us.  Fuckin us against them.

Exactly! I personally love it, siege mentality, bunch of fuckwit twats in London talking shite, love it all. Love the unity it brings us, love it all.

That 'fiver' report is probably written by Barry Glendenning, a twat from Ireland, who said something similar on the podcast. Never mind that the protest was picked up by the media around the world and the message was made clear to H & G. Maybe having your head stuck up your own arsehole prevents this particular Irishman from understanding the ability of the electronic media to transmit pictures and news reports, but when you're a gobshite you're going to say whatever you want, it doesn't matter.

Twats to a man.

Oh by the way, the twat who cussed Rafa on todays podcast was Rafael Honigstein, a German journalist and bundesliga expert. And a twat.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Fiend

• Want's a Mod to 'give him one'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Got Weird Enough For Me
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 08:21:37 pm »
Jeez some people have such thin skin. I personally love reading the Fiver and they have excellent bloggers Honigstein, the La Liga fella and the Argentinian woman. Glendenning can be very funny and slags EVERYONE off including his beloved Sunderland.

It supposed to be irreverent. Lighten up a bit fellas! :wave

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 08:24:01 pm »
Jeez some people have such thin skin. I personally love reading the Fiver and they have excellent bloggers Honigstein, the La Liga fella and the Argentinian woman. Glendenning can be very funny and slags EVERYONE off including his beloved Sunderland.

And you haven't noticed they chat clueless shite about Rafa and us?

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 08:24:27 pm »

Got to agree, the protest bit had me laughing out loud
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 08:31:14 pm »
Got to agree, the protest bit had me laughing out loud

Really?

Offline Fiend

• Want's a Mod to 'give him one'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Got Weird Enough For Me
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 08:31:50 pm »
And you haven't noticed they chat clueless shite about Rafa and us?

Doesn't bother me at all to be honest

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 08:32:30 pm »
Really?

It's just a joke. I belive that the protest was extremely important and all, but if it was the Mancs doing it or the Bitters....
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 08:34:29 pm »
Doesn't bother me at all to be honest

You're not bothered when people chat clueless shite about our club?

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 08:35:22 pm »
It's just a joke. I belive that the protest was extremely important and all, but if it was the Mancs doing it or the Bitters....

OK, you the man.

royhendo

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 09:07:42 pm »
let me guess... haven't listened to it, but let me guess...

sean ingle. man u fan. pronounces voronin 'voh-row-nin'. says voh-row-nin was an expensive signing. says voh-row-nin has no pace. says that with signings like kuyt and voh-row-nin and bah-bul (who cost 12 million apparently but is unproven), liverpool have no pace up front... blah blah blah.

it's ok at times but that sean ingle is a prize prick.

Offline Scoop

• Main Stander
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 07:11:52 am »
Dirk wears red socks.........and sometimes orange ones.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2007, 09:35:43 am »
I just avoid that Podcast after a defeat. Don't mind a bit of stick, but it's the snide laughter that i can't stand. Richardson is grand, it's that Manc supporter Ingle and the fuckwit failed comedian Glendenning that irk me.

Offline finchie

• It's the truth I tells ya!... the truth!...
  • Kopite
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2007, 09:53:32 am »
I once tried a podcast that came up on itunes store podcasts-World Soccer Daily. Based in US and hosted by an evil Chelsea supporting bigot-Steve Cohen. He is massively anti-Liverpool and totally offensive. Thick skin required. Glendenning's a minor irritation in comparison.
I listen to MP Red, Guardian, Times and 606 phone-ins as podcasts but I tend not to bother after a defeat. I plan to try out the Texas supporters' club podcast.