Author Topic: Mighty Red (the LFC Mascot)  (Read 81965 times)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Re: Mighty Red (the LFC Mascot)
« Reply #680 on: October 22, 2014, 12:08:30 pm »
Love the way Lennon is looking at him as if to say "who's that twat?"
Haha! :)

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #681 on: October 22, 2014, 12:22:29 pm »
Whilst I agree to a degree, who gives a shit what they think!

It’s not about that, they can think what they want I just don’t’ see why we need to give them the ammunition to throw at us, it makes no sense.

Did you see who took the pens at half time in the derby? I’m sorry but that was just the icing on the cake and yes it annoyed me.
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #682 on: October 22, 2014, 12:26:56 pm »
It’s not about that, they can think what they want I just don’t’ see why we need to give them the ammunition to throw at us, it makes no sense.

It is about that. They'll always find something to have a go at us about, so it doesn't really matter if we do this or not. If you don't give a shit about what they think, then it doesn't matter.

There's probably better arguments for not doing it than what they think!

Did you see who took the pens at half time in the derby? I’m sorry but that was just the icing on the cake and yes it annoyed me.

Yeah I saw, that's one of the costs of having a main sponsor (who if I heard correctly these won a competition with) who are huge in Asia. Is it worth the £25m they give is a year?

Then again, I've seen local fans who have been selected to take pens at half time before that have been just as utterly useless as they were (I've seen some players too!!).

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #683 on: October 22, 2014, 12:31:27 pm »
It’s not about that (for me) it's playing right into their hand that annoys me and I wouldn’t give them the satisfaction. I wouldn’t allow them their ironic cheer, not on my watch.
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #684 on: October 22, 2014, 12:35:07 pm »

Jesus wept, surely even Mighty Red himself/herself was cringing inside the suit having to do that.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #685 on: October 22, 2014, 12:49:58 pm »
Jesus wept, surely even Mighty Red himself/herself was cringing inside the suit having to do that.

I know, having to meet a fat fella in a Liverpool shirt, poor MR  :(

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #686 on: October 22, 2014, 12:50:58 pm »

Well it is beyond cringeworthy, but I suppose it depends on how much you're paid.   

I mean.  The whole concept of the thing is horrific............  No.  I'm not going to rant.  Not today. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
« Reply #687 on: October 22, 2014, 12:52:26 pm »
See me im not really arsed about mighty red keeps kids happy a bit and its not centre of attention or owt.. Leave em too it.
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline LFC_Verve

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #688 on: October 22, 2014, 12:56:12 pm »
Mighty Red is a monstrosity.

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #689 on: October 22, 2014, 01:06:57 pm »
Everyone including MR needs to step it up and be at their best tonight if we are to get anything out of this game. Make us proud.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: October 22, 2014, 01:08:28 pm »
I know, having to meet a fat fella in a Liverpool shirt, poor MR  :(

Well I feel sorry for the poor bugger who'd been confronted by that plastic abomination.  If thst's what we've become its enough to make him take the next flight back. 

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #691 on: October 22, 2014, 01:14:27 pm »
Bunch of miserable fuckers! He's/she's (never checked the under-carriage) fucking boss! :wave

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: October 22, 2014, 01:16:50 pm »

This picture has completely changed my mind about the whole thing. Mighty Red is a superb piece of dadaist art, an absurd intervention enlivening the fabric of everyday life and disrupting the ordinary. Probably has Arts Council funding and everything.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: October 22, 2014, 02:06:50 pm »
This picture has completely changed my mind about the whole thing. Mighty Red is a superb piece of dadaist art, an absurd intervention enlivening the fabric of everyday life and disrupting the ordinary. Probably has Arts Council funding and everything.

Whilst I don't have the slightest clue what else the fuck you're on about.  As regards the funding and allied shite, I have no doubt you are absolutely right.

Offline RooiBefok

• (Crank) Minority Martyr, and Defender & Lover of The 5th Benitle. His most ardent fan. Adores him. No really, I think he's great. The best.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #694 on: October 22, 2014, 06:49:23 pm »
Is it a complete coincidence he looks like Brendan Rodgers?
“The 5th Benitle fell in love with himself eighteen years ago and has remained faithful ever since”

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: October 22, 2014, 10:37:34 pm »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #696 on: October 22, 2014, 10:44:22 pm »
Thats absolutely pathetic
I honestly don't get the hate!

It's a dude or dudette in a form suit, it's funny! Personally I really like it...but then I'm a 35 year old man who still watches anime! ;D

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: October 23, 2014, 12:43:29 pm »
ever since this c*nt showed up during match days we have been shite. gods are punishing us.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: October 23, 2014, 12:56:06 pm »
Seeing Mighty Red always reminds me of a story my mate told us years ago about when he worked at Gullivers World near Warrington and there was a park mascot thing called 'Gully Mouse'.  Anyhow my mate had a casual relationship with the girl who's job it was to dress up as Gully Mouse.

He casually told us one night that he used to 'make love' to Gully Mouse during his lunchtimes through the Ablution Flap of the costume  :o

We still call him Gully Mouse to this day even in front of his wife who is clueless and starts questioning him about Gully Mouse. :)

Offline scottys3k

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #699 on: October 24, 2014, 12:08:36 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2806198/Stand-hate-mascot-Football-team-s-seagull-costume-cheerleader-challenges-supporters-FIGHT-foul-mouthed-tirade-match.html

Can we do a swap at the next window? Sounds more fun, has fire in his belly and is available on a free. Reckon he's worth the risk...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: October 24, 2014, 12:25:51 pm »
Fuck off Mighty Red is ours. He'll batter the living shit out of that mascot.  :wanker

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: October 24, 2014, 01:15:05 pm »
Fuck off Mighty Red is ours. He'll batter the living shit out of that mascot.  :wanker

We do not need, nor have ever needed, a mascot.   

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: October 24, 2014, 02:12:43 pm »
We do not need, nor have ever needed, a mascot.

But now we have it we must back him/her/it against the other mascots.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: October 24, 2014, 02:21:00 pm »

No. Never.  I hope the Swan pecks the plastic kunting thing's eyes out. 

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: October 24, 2014, 02:25:16 pm »

:lmao

The only reason for mascots would be to let them all have a mass brawl at wembley until only gunnersaurus is left standing. Then Arsene Wenger comes on to shoot him but can't get the gun out of his pockets and decides to play him instead of Ozil next game.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #705 on: October 24, 2014, 02:38:35 pm »
Thats absolutely pathetic

I`m coming over in two weeks, and I don`t want to see him.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #706 on: October 24, 2014, 02:48:36 pm »

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #707 on: October 24, 2014, 06:05:05 pm »

:lmao

The only reason for mascots would be to let them all have a mass brawl at wembley until only gunnersaurus is left standing. Then Arsene Wenger comes on to shoot him but can't get the gun out of his pockets and decides to play him instead of Ozil next game.

;D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #708 on: October 25, 2014, 07:11:32 pm »
This mighty red has no place at Anfield, if it ever stops me at the airport it's going to have a mighty red pair of bollocks.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: October 25, 2014, 08:08:36 pm »
Saw the vicious twat down the side of the pitch today
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline KopSound

• Main Stander
« Reply #710 on: October 26, 2014, 08:57:23 pm »
Am I the only one that doesn't really mind it? Might be my American upbringing since we always have mascots for sports, but I don't see a massive problem. Obviously when they get into moments of silence and that it's shit, but he hasn't done that as far as I know. Keeps the young ones happy and might bring in some extra money to the team, much bigger problems at the moment.
Liverpool FC - Sounders FC

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: October 26, 2014, 09:05:52 pm »
Am I the only one that doesn't really mind it? Might be my American upbringing since we always have mascots for sports, but I don't see a massive problem. Obviously when they get into moments of silence and that it's shit, but he hasn't done that as far as I know. Keeps the young ones happy and might bring in some extra money to the team, much bigger problems at the moment.

Outside the ground in the family quarter no problem.

Does not belong inside the ground whatsoever.
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #712 on: October 26, 2014, 09:12:39 pm »
This mighty red has no place at Anfield, if it ever stops me at the airport it's going to have a mighty red pair of bollocks.

I'm sure you can just send the red bollocks to the club mate, as nice as it is of you to carry a pair in your luggage each time you go the airport just in case you run into MR I'm sure you're going to get some funny looks if your bags get searched.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: October 26, 2014, 11:07:46 pm »
Thought I'd seen him somewhere before....

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #714 on: October 27, 2014, 12:38:17 am »

Agree it's the Liverpool way and MR is part of the Liverpool family.

YNWA MR.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #715 on: October 27, 2014, 08:23:19 am »
Agree it's the Liverpool way and MR is part of the Liverpool family.

YNWA MR.

"I have herpes. But it is my herpes, and I must back my herpes against all the other herpes in the world."

When you get a dose of the mighty reds, nurture it.
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #716 on: October 28, 2014, 05:48:32 am »
"I have herpes. But it is my herpes, and I must back my herpes against all the other herpes in the world."

When you get a dose of the mighty reds, nurture it.

You can't seriously be comparing the mythical Liverbird to an STD. Unless it's a dug at Brendan that I don't get.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #717 on: October 28, 2014, 07:33:06 am »
You can't seriously be comparing the mythical Liverbird to an STD. Unless it's a dug at Brendan that I don't get.

No. I'm making a joke about our mascot in response to someone else's joke about our mascot.

Fucking hell.
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #718 on: October 28, 2014, 06:44:45 pm »
Mighty Red and The Liverbird are two different things.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 06:46:23 pm by Raaphael »

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #719 on: October 28, 2014, 06:50:14 pm »
No mighty red at the match tonight. Rumour has he's been kidnapped, happy to pay the ransom if it never returns.