Author Topic: Mighty Red (the LFC Mascot)  (Read 81256 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mighty Red (the LFC Mascot)
« on: August 20, 2014, 04:56:27 pm »
Paul Rogers ‏@PaulRogersLFCFor those asking, Mighty Red won't be going anywhere near the pitch next season - he's here to help engage with kids at community events

Why the sudden change? While it's great for kids events and maybe it'd be cool to have his presence in/near Anny Road for the young'uns, I'm not sure I agree with the mascot both prancing around on the pitch before the Southampton game, and also being in the team photos.

Thoughts?
YNWA.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Mighty Red (the LFC Mascot)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 04:58:19 pm »
There were people asking about this?

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 05:05:46 pm »
truly fuckin cringeworthy. it stands for everything LFC and Anfield isn't. Its embarrassing and puts us in line with those small time clubs.
what next George Sephton to play "I feel good"  after every libpool goal.

get rid on matchdays.  nauseating to say the least, I hope to god the club look at this and listen to the fans.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Cork Red

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 05:09:52 pm »
If it's anywhere near the stadium it should be out in the kiddies Fanzone on the Annie Road.

The club gave a commitment that it wouldn't be in the stadium on matchday and it should stick to that.  Next we'll have the fucker joining in trophy celebrations like that jumped up fucker at Arsenal.

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 05:12:10 pm »
I'll honestly never understand why people care so much, but if it matters so much then he shouldn't be near the stadium.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 05:17:03 pm »
I'll honestly never understand why people care so much, but if it matters so much then he shouldn't be near the stadium.
Tradition, heritage, class, originality?
The old standing kop would have given him a rendition of
what the fuck
what the fuck
what the fucking hell is that?

he has uses no doubt , but please keep away from inside the stadium on matchdays.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 05:20:46 pm »
There were people asking about this?

Original quote was from 2012...when he was first introduced.

Leave him in the family park and Anny Road welcoming people...at the most (asides from charity/kids events)
YNWA.

Offline bazz

• Main Stander
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 05:27:08 pm »
 ;D

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 05:35:25 pm »
fucks sake
i hadnt seen the second one before

i know there is a story about gunnersaurus and he basically got caught out close to the center circle and Im sure he never meant to be there, but it certainly makes an amazing photograph

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 05:36:19 pm »
Thankfully, that means we won't get any of these strange, surreally amusing incidents happening at Anfield in the near future:

;D
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline MazzaRed

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 05:40:01 pm »
Tradition, heritage, class, originality?
The old standing kop would have given him a rendition of
what the fuck
what the fuck

he has uses no doubt , but please keep away from inside the stadium on matchdays.

LOL'd ....even I cringed and I'm a girl!!!  Keep him outside!
Roman....if ever you're skint.....
                                              ......we've got 6 Euro's !

Offline AK47

• Needs to get a manly man's room. Grrrr.
  • Kopite
  • So it's on and on and on, it's Heaven and Hell
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 06:15:53 pm »
Jesus, the Aresnal picture looks like they are doing a minutes silence, you don't want an weird mascot in that, lack of respect imho.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 06:19:09 pm »
It's like when you boil a frog alive without it realising by slowly increasing the temperature of the water.

The moment it was announced everybody knew where this was heading, give it 10 years and we'll have cheerleaders and specific hashtags to tweet our celebration about each goal with #StudgerGoal57
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline AK47

• Needs to get a manly man's room. Grrrr.
  • Kopite
  • So it's on and on and on, it's Heaven and Hell
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 06:21:16 pm »
True, corrupting the young so they see this abomination as the norm...
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 06:22:35 pm »
I like mighty red.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 06:25:29 pm »
Whoever that second team is , it looks like something off that Dom jolys trigger happy .

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 06:44:10 pm »
No issues with it in the fan park. Shouldbt be in the stadium.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 06:50:38 pm »
It's embarrassing and cringeworthy. Shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch on match days. What with the cringey team announcements we have now, next it'll be goal music or some other shite like that.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 07:50:45 pm »
No idea why these things are needed at all to be honest. "Engaging" with the kids is bollocks in my opinion, when I was a kid I wanted to go to the match to, you know, watch a game of football. Why is it any different now?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 07:52:40 pm »
Why the sudden change? While it's great for kids events and maybe it'd be cool to have his presence in/near Anny Road for the young'uns, I'm not sure I agree with the mascot both prancing around on the pitch before the Southampton game, and also being in the team photos.

Thoughts?

He wasn't in the team photos, he came on the pitch the moment the pic was going to be taken with the young mascots after the coin toss, and went straight back off after it.

Not like RAWK to make a mountain out of a mole hill though.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 07:55:08 pm »
No idea why these things are needed at all to be honest. "Engaging" with the kids is bollocks in my opinion, when I was a kid I wanted to go to the match to, you know, watch a game of football. Why is it any different now?

Exactly, if your kids aren't entertained enough by the game and everything that comes with it, then football is probably not for them and you'd be better spending the money at a theme park or something.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 07:57:05 pm »
Exactly, if your kids aren't entertained enough by the game and everything that comes with it, then football is probably not for them and you'd be better spending the money at a theme park or something.

He isn't 'engaging' with the kids during the game, so not sure what the point is you're trying to make.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 07:59:40 pm »
What with the cringey team announcements we have now, next it'll be goal music or some other shite like that.

What the fuck is this all about, btw? I fucking miss hearing George read out the team sheets. He used to give players like Gerrard, Carra and Torres a bit of a louder/happier sound (but not enough to make it cringey). Why the change?
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 08:03:51 pm »
It's Assaidi.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 08:05:44 pm »
He isn't 'engaging' with the kids during the game, so not sure what the point is you're trying to make.

The fact that going to the game, hanging round outside the ground with a bag of chips or listening to auld bastards sing and tell stories in a stinking pub should be enough entertainment for a kid. If not, they should go to dance class or some other activity. I used to fucking love it, the buzz and excitement. I started going the game when I was 8 and if mighty red came up to me then and tried 'entertaining' me, the prick would have been given a kick in the sack.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 08:12:32 pm »
The fact that going to the game, hanging round outside the ground with a bag of chips or listening to auld bastards sing and tell stories in a stinking pub should be enough entertainment for a kid. If not, they should go to dance class or some other activity. I used to fucking love it, the buzz and excitement. I started going the game when I was 8 and if mighty red came up to me then and tried 'entertaining' me, the prick would have been given a kick in the sack.

I was the same mate, I was going to The Clarence when I was 5 (on a borrowed ST) before and after games with my Dad and a big group of his mates, then got my own ST the year after. I'd of much rather of been in there than seeing some guy in a suit.

Kids these days (not all) aren't like kids from years ago, much like kids from years ago weren't like the ones from years before that. There is clearly something the kids like about mascots which is why the club and others around the world bother to have them. The pictures of him interacting with kids in schools, on the tour, etc. certainly appears to entertain them.

The whole match day experience has changed as it is anyway, less go the pubs around the ground and after the match as before anyway, I'd much rather the kids did something to sew the seed of love for the club, even if this means being in some kids fan zone with a foam dinosaur thingy than being at home for an hour longer sat playing with some strange monster things on their Xbox.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2014, 08:14:50 pm »

That's why I said "everything that comes with it" as in the whole match atmosphere, crowd, etc. Just don't see why you need extra "entertainment" when you're there to watch football, that's all. It's trying to turn it into a bigger spectacle. When I was younger I just wanted to watch the players warm up and the crowd, and then the game, I didn't need a giant fluffy Liverbird prancing about to keep me entertained. Just my opinion. Maybe kids need more nowadays to keep them focused.

Edit - similar to what's been said above I see!

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2014, 08:18:44 pm »
That's why I said "everything that comes with it" as in the whole match atmosphere, crowd, etc. Just don't see why you need extra "entertainment" when you're there to watch football, that's all. It's trying to turn it into a bigger spectacle. When I was younger I just wanted to watch the players warm up and the crowd, and then the game, I didn't need a giant fluffy Liverbird prancing about to keep me entertained. Just my opinion. Maybe kids need more nowadays to keep them focused.

Edit - similar to what's been said above I see!

I don't think he is prancing about is he? From what I've seen of him he is outside in the kids zone bit (when the players aren't warming up) and then he ran on the pitch for about 30 seconds to have his picture taken with the small mascots, Gerrard, and the officials and ran off again.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 08:18:57 pm »

I want George Sephton to play "I feel good"  after every libpool goal.

What a tremendous idea :-)
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2014, 08:19:18 pm »
Thankfully, that means we won't get any of these strange, surreally amusing incidents happening at Anfield in the near future:

That bunny :lmao who thought this was a good idea? Just look at that guy to the right. "What the fuck is that rabbit doing here?"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:21:16 pm by thelinnen »
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2014, 08:20:37 pm »
I don't think he is prancing about is he? From what I've seen of him he is outside in the kids zone bit (when the players aren't warming up) and then he ran on the pitch for about 30 seconds to have his picture taken with the small mascots, Gerrard, and the officials and ran off again.

Just a turn of phrase. :)

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2014, 08:24:32 pm »
Just a turn of phrase. :)

I know, I was using it too. What I mean is I don't think he is really interrupting kids or doing much/anything during the players warm up or when they come out for the match a couple of minutes before - I certainly didn't see him around until he came on for the picture.

I really don't see the big deal. Yeah if he starts being on the pitch during the warm ups and getting involved with the players, and if he is doing the minutes silence like in those pics with the players, then yeah I can see a little more reason to have a whole thread about it.

For running on the pitch for a minute to have his pictures with some young mascots - it's a little over board don't you think?

Offline laximaginationzzz

• Kopite
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2014, 08:26:03 pm »
I'm Mighty Red and seeing all these comments has upset me
LFC. YNWA. JFT96.

Offline CharlieAdamsLeftFoot

• has gone to Stoke with his right foot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What you achieve in life, echoes an eternity.
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2014, 08:26:38 pm »
the c*nt should be put down
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2014, 08:26:40 pm »

YNWA mighty red!
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2014, 08:28:35 pm »
Lay off him he's great.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2014, 08:29:19 pm »

To endear yourself to the Anfield faithful you should hang around the Kop end and start interacting with the fans.

They'll love it.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2014, 08:29:38 pm »

Really? Every time I see you, you're always smiling.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2014, 08:29:45 pm »
Lay off him he's great.

That's Pacheco mate, not Mighty Red.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2014, 08:31:09 pm »
the c*nt should be put down

;D