Author Topic: Young Divock... Likes the taste of Scouse tongue.  (Read 215661 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Divock Origi
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2014, 09:02:49 pm »
That's possibly a hotel/restaurant in NY with Central Park in the background. Not sure, but a reasonable guess.

More likely Boston I would think.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2014, 09:07:19 pm »
No leaning on the official :-[
I think I see the problem... wires were crossed. We thought they wanted a leaning clause which we were more than happy to oblige.
Damn you Ayre!

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2014, 09:08:16 pm »
True, I was assuming he met with club officials where they currently are in NY, but he could have simply met the FSG crew in Boston instead.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2014, 09:24:12 pm »
Looked impressive in the world cup and his you tube clips are something else - exciting!

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2014, 09:33:52 pm »
No leaning on the official :-[

Maybe because he's being leaned out?

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2014, 09:38:35 pm »
Good signing. Welcome, Divock! :)
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2014, 09:41:22 pm »
Divock Origi, she's my baby,
Divock Origi, don't mean maybe,
Divock Origi, she's my baby doll, my baby doll my baby dooooollllll.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

royhendo

« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2014, 09:43:11 pm »
Welcome! Looks some prospect!

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2014, 09:45:03 pm »
Loaned out to Lille for a year (as we know).

Speaks excellent English for a Belgian too.

Good luck to him
I think you'll find that many Belgians speak excellent English.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2014, 09:46:31 pm »
I have to say, I went to Belgium a few weeks ago, and most of the Belgians spoke English as well as me.....

Which is just as well really, as my Flemish is non existent...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2014, 09:47:28 pm »

I like it when they say 'yeah but ok'.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2014, 09:52:00 pm »
Best teenage striker in the world atm?

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2014, 10:04:00 pm »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2014, 10:06:07 pm »

The American shit makes tricks with bricks but bricks don't hit back.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2014, 10:12:21 pm »
Hello
Goodbye.
bollocks

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2014, 10:40:25 pm »
Welcome to Lillepool lad.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2014, 10:46:11 pm »

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • Black&White, Believe&Fight
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2014, 10:46:18 pm »
sorry missed the details how much will we pay for him? and what a about his contract? he signed for 3-4 or 5 years?
"Waiting for Vodafone Arena to win League Titles"

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2014, 10:50:40 pm »
Welcome.  Looks like i'll be watching a bit of ligue 1 next season. 

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2014, 10:58:32 pm »
He talks like Steven Seagal .

Offline Torben Piechniks Y-Fronts

• Kopite
  • A Liverbird, upon my chest
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2014, 11:18:59 pm »
I wonder was there ant chat of him coming this season after the Remy thing?? Hey-ho, see you next year
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool."

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2014, 11:23:03 pm »
Welcome Origi

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2014, 12:34:27 am »
That's possibly a hotel/restaurant in NY with Central Park in the background. Not sure, but a reasonable guess.

Think you'll find that's Sefton Park in the background not Central Park. Easy to confuse the two.

:D

;)
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2014, 12:41:16 am »
Full interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2XXYC_FcRw
They might as well just write out the questions on a sheet of paper and hand them to the incoming players. No enthusiasm from the interviewer ever -- he/she sounds like an accountant preparing taxes every time. And we can guess 90% of the questions that are asked every single time. No originality, no humor, no questions that are even slightly interesting... zzzzzzzzzzz

Origi, on the other hand, sounds like a confident, intelligent young man. Welcome!  :scarf
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2014, 03:34:17 am »
Mr. Divock "Of coarse" Origi, welcome to the club! Of coarse...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2014, 06:21:37 am »
Turns out he was interviewed in NY. If you look at the Gerrard interview and the Sturridge/Ibe interview, they're in the same room. Check out the photos on the walls.
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2014, 08:17:56 am »

Would be nice but I think we'd have him next season if he was. However, I'm not in a position to name the best teenage striker right now...

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2014, 10:44:42 am »
The player he most reminds me of (from the little I've seen of him) is a raw, young fake Ronaldo.

I'm surprised at the comments from Brendan. Normally you try to keep expectations down for kids (along the lines of 'He's a talented young player, and if he keeps learning he has every chance of becoming an important player for us in the future'). But he's really not held back in his praise there; he obviously thinks the world of him.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2014, 10:55:25 am »
They might as well just write out the questions on a sheet of paper and hand them to the incoming players. No enthusiasm from the interviewer ever -- he/she sounds like an accountant preparing taxes every time. And we can guess 90% of the questions that are asked every single time. No originality, no humor, no questions that are even slightly interesting... zzzzzzzzzzz

Origi, on the other hand, sounds like a confident, intelligent young man. Welcome!  :scarf
Yeah, pretty dyer stuff it must be said.

Offline sturridginho

• Kopite
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2014, 10:55:47 am »
The player he most reminds me of (from the little I've seen of him) is a raw, young fake Ronaldo.

I'm surprised at the comments from Brendan. Normally you try to keep expectations down for kids (along the lines of 'He's a talented young player, and if he keeps learning he has every chance of becoming an important player for us in the future'). But he's really not held back in his praise there; he obviously thinks the world of him.
Yeah its exciting when you here Rodgers talking him up so much, we could have another special player on our hands.
 Lille are involved in a CL qualification game in 7 hours time against Swiss team Grasshoppers, will be interesting to see how he goes and if he starts after such an emotional week for him

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2014, 10:59:41 am »
Looking forward to seeing him next season now, looks a talent. Will be keeping an eye on Lille this season aswell.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2014, 12:34:44 pm »
Brilliant signing
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Coutinholycow

• King Midas. If he pays £50m for a single tomato, that tomato is worth £50m.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2014, 12:36:00 pm »
Really bummed to have to wait a year. Looks like a really great player. Rare for Rodgers to use those kind of adjectives for a young guy.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2014, 12:41:16 pm »

I agree that its surprising to see, but every player is different in how much praise (or grounding) they need, and praise like that could be exactly what Origi needs to kick on at Lille. The player seems to know he has to work hard regardless of what praise is thrown his way, and I'm certain Brendan will remind him of that from time to time as well.

Offline perspectiveplease

• getsomethenstopwastingourbandwidth!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2014, 01:02:25 pm »
Real good prospect. Slightly disappointed he's not coming immediately as I think there'd be plenty of opportunities, but one for the future.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2014, 01:03:11 pm »

Mitrovic looks to be a bit special and he is 19. Plays for Anderlecht

Zivkovic of Ajax is very talented as well

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2014, 03:05:49 pm »

Don't tell me ... let me guess ... Rodgers said something about how Divock fights for his life?
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2014, 04:50:50 pm »
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has admitted that he would have liked Divock Origi available for the new season, but accepts that the transfer depended on the striker being loaned back to Lille.

Interesting.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2014, 05:03:01 pm »
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has admitted that he would have liked Divock Origi available for the new season, but accepts that the transfer depended on the striker being loaned back to Lille.

Interesting.

Makes sense to be honest. Probably also indicates that the player must have been highly thought of by other teams.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2014, 05:06:16 pm »
Makes sense to be honest. Probably also indicates that the player must have been highly thought of by other teams.
Also shows Rodgers wants another attacker.

Personally I'm glad he's spending another season at Lille as that will probably suit his development better.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."