Author Topic: Young Divock... Likes the taste of Scouse tongue.  (Read 215667 times)

Offline Swissred

• Main Stander
  • Still waiting.....
Re: Divock Origi
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2014, 05:22:04 pm »
Was wondering if he is back in Europe allready?
Lille is playing against GC in the CLQ tonight.

Might get a ticket for the game so i can watch him closely.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2014, 06:06:28 pm »

He was training with Lille yesterday
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2014, 06:08:05 pm »

If you do make sure you post about it.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Swissred

• Main Stander
  • Still waiting.....
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2014, 07:57:31 pm »
Not even on the bench.
 :no

Offline ricen

• peas
  • Kopite
  • "That's how you get ants."
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2014, 08:35:54 pm »
Turns out he was interviewed in NY. If you look at the Gerrard interview and the Sturridge/Ibe interview, they're in the same room. Check out the photos on the walls.

Are you sure? I live in Boston and the Boston Common fencing is very distinctive (pictured below); i google imaged a few central park fences and they look nothing like the ornate fencing that is in the background of the picture.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:47:16 pm by ricen »
"Not all who wander are lost, not all that glitters is gold."

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2014, 08:36:25 pm »
Only 15M less than Lukaku.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2014, 08:37:07 pm »
No leaning on the official :-[

By the way, where did they take the pictures/do the signing? America?
That's definitely the Boston Commons in the back ground.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline ricen

• peas
  • Kopite
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2014, 08:39:29 pm »
Looks like it might be the Four Seasons Hotel?

edit: Yup, the pictures and interview were taken at the Four Seasons in Boston 100%

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:43:28 pm by ricen »

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2014, 08:42:35 pm »
Looks like it might be the Four Seasons Hotel?

Not stayed there but its in the right aspect.  Or the Ritz-Carlton?

Offline ricen

• peas
  • Kopite
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2014, 08:49:35 pm »
only reason I know is that I took girlfriend to nicest french restaurant in Boston, which is right next to the Four Seasons....that whole area is ridiculously swanky, its got an Hermes down the block.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2014, 10:26:59 pm »
I've heard that Rodgers wanted him with us next season but only way Lille would agree to deal was if we loaned him back, anyone else heard this?
JFT97

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2014, 10:32:04 pm »
Technically that's not Boston Common, it's the Public Garden. Sure, they're right next to each other, but they're mortal enemies.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2014, 10:45:54 pm »
Wonder how much he'll be worth in a couple if years time? Lukaku comparisons are inevitable but Lukaku has been scoring at about 1 in 2 for two seasons in the Premiership so it's a bit unfair. But Origi has the tools and seems like the sort to develop a bit later, he has all the potential. 

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2014, 10:52:26 pm »
I've heard that Rodgers wanted him with us next season but only way Lille would agree to deal was if we loaned him back, anyone else heard this?

Seems to be the general consensus that Lille would only deal with clubs prepared to loan him back.
Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2014, 10:53:40 pm »
Seems to be the general consensus that Lille would only deal with clubs prepared to loan him back.

About right, if the interview BR said the other day that he really wanted him (Origi) here this coming season.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2014, 03:57:57 am »
It seems a very un-American scene given that it contains a Smart Car, parked on the left!

Nonetheless, if y'all say it's Boston Common, it's Boston Common. I'll be there in September and will try to take an identical photo as proof.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: August 5, 2014, 03:09:57 pm »
Nice quote here
The young striker has seen how the club has a highly developed system of scouting.
Back to Lille after visiting the facilities Liverpool will sign his contract, the young Belgian international is still not back down to earth.

"When I arrived, I was impressed, Steven Gerrard said it was a pity that I am not there right away and we were waiting impatiently for me. It's something. I Sturridge also seen, very friendly "Has he told the newspaper L'Equipe.

"When I arrived in the office, they showed me tapes of me in less than 15 years! Everyone knew me, I could not believe it. Meanwhile, Brendan Rodgers wants me to become a the best players in the world. "

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #137 on: August 5, 2014, 03:57:56 pm »
Rodgers comments about him having world class potential give me great hope for this fella.

Origi, Sterling, Markovic, Coutinho could be one of the best attacking units in Europe in 3 odd years time.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 5, 2014, 04:00:09 pm »
It seems a very un-American scene given that it contains a Smart Car, parked on the left!

Nonetheless, if y'all say it's Boston Common, it's Boston Common. I'll be there in September and will try to take an identical photo as proof.

We have a few smart cars knocking around the US, by few I mean thousands.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #139 on: August 5, 2014, 04:11:28 pm »
Looks like the club did a good job of persuading him to come here.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: August 5, 2014, 04:12:15 pm »
Rodgers comments about him having world class potential give me great hope for this fella.

Origi, Sterling, Markovic, Coutinho could be one of the best attacking units in Europe in 3 odd years time.

It's a shame Origi isn't 3 years further into his development, as he's the exact striker we need right now
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 5, 2014, 04:12:48 pm »
Looks like the club did a good job of persuading him to come here.

Maybe they can do a better job and get this loan cancelled.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #142 on: August 5, 2014, 04:15:22 pm »
Maybe they can do a better job and get this loan cancelled.

I doubt he is the answer right now at this stage in his development, so a loan is probably the best deal for both clubs and player.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: August 5, 2014, 04:17:24 pm »
I doubt he is the answer right now at this stage in his development, so a loan is probably the best deal for both clubs and player.

I doubt he'd be ready either. He looks like the type who'll take some time to develop physically.

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #144 on: August 5, 2014, 04:46:10 pm »
Lille are playing in about 3 hours in CL, anyone know if he's available to play yet?
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #145 on: August 5, 2014, 04:46:56 pm »
Lille are playing in about 3 hours in CL, anyone know if he's available to play yet?

Don't see why he wouldn't be.

Although no idea on the lineups.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #146 on: August 5, 2014, 07:02:31 pm »
Doesn't seem like he's in the line up for the game tonight

Enyeama(GK)
Corchia
Kjær
Béria
Souaré
Baša(C)
Balmont
Gueye
Meite
Rodelin
Mendes

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: August 5, 2014, 07:19:48 pm »
He's on the subs bench this time at least.  Expect him to come in at some point.  Lille have a 2-0 lead on away goals too.

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #148 on: August 5, 2014, 07:25:30 pm »
Lille bench for today: Delaplace, Kalou, Sidibé, Elana, Rozehnal, Roux, Origi

Small chance he might play  :scarf
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: August 5, 2014, 07:34:23 pm »
Strange that Lille were so keen on keeping him for a year. Could've asked us for extra quid and made do with Rodelin, Kalou and Roux

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #150 on: August 5, 2014, 09:09:53 pm »
ORIGI ON. 7 mins left

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #151 on: August 5, 2014, 09:11:26 pm »
playing on the right wing

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #152 on: August 5, 2014, 09:13:40 pm »
Everyone note that he's only been back in training a week, so he will be building up from here.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Swissred

• Main Stander
  • Still waiting.....
« Reply #153 on: August 5, 2014, 09:13:46 pm »
Looks like he's playing on the wing.

Offline spinaltapped

• Flesh tuxedo?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Rico Suavez
« Reply #154 on: August 5, 2014, 09:14:53 pm »
The boy is rapid.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: August 5, 2014, 09:15:50 pm »
Maybe not starter material yet but he could have done a job for us this year, oh well.  Hope he grows by leaps and bounds until next.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #156 on: August 6, 2014, 05:58:35 am »
Origi can't believe how much Liverpool scouted him before £10m move

Brendan Rodgers sanctioned move from Lille last month
Origi starred for Belgium at this summer's World Cup
The 19-year-old has been loaned back to Lille after transfer

Liverpool's new signing Divock Origi has admitted he was surprised by the extent the club had tracked his career.

Origi played and scored at the World Cup for Belgium and completed a £10million move to Liverpool last month before being loaned him back to Lille.

'Liverpool followed me for a long time,' Origi said in an interview with L'Equipe. 'When I arrived in the offices there, they showed me cassettes of me in the Under-15s. Everyone knew me. I couldn't believe it.

Big spenders: Origi cost Liverpool £10m after he impressed at this summer's World Cup in Brazil

'When I arrived, I was impressed. Steven Gerrard told me it was a shame that I wouldn't be there straight away as everyone was waiting impatiently for me. That means something. I also saw [Daniel] Sturridge, who was very nice.'

Origi will gain valuable experience of playing in Europe's premier competition, the Champions League, if Lille are to progress from the final play-off. They were held to a 1-1 draw by Grasshoppers on Tuesday but went through 3-1 on aggregate. 

Brendan Rodgers also has high expectations. 'He wants me to become one of the best in the world,' Origi added of his new manager.

Origi, 19, only made his Ligue 1 debut in February 2013 and has not got carried away with his success so far.

'Last year, I scored on my Ligue 1 debut before dropping out of the team a little later,' said Origi, who has made just 12 starts in 40 French top-flight appearances.

'That pushed me to work harder. I want to play a run of games, establish myself in the team, improve, discover European competition.'

A shame: Steven Gerrard told Origi that everyone at Anfied wanted the youngster at the club now

No pressure, then! Brendan Rodgers says Origi wants to be one of the best strikers in the world

Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #157 on: August 6, 2014, 08:34:38 am »

'Liverpool followed me for a long time,' Origi said in an interview with L'Equipe. 'When I arrived in the offices there, they showed me cassettes of me in the Under-15s. Everyone knew me. I couldn't believe it.

Really shows how thorough is our scouting no matter what the regime is and in every top club and not only there of course. Think I heard it in a podcast with Andrew Heaton that Liverpool and any other clubs with big scouting knowledge, know almost every single player/talent there is out there.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: August 6, 2014, 08:51:23 am »
Indeed, Yiannis.

It's something to keep in mind, especially when venturing in to the transfer forum and seeing hundreds of posts clamouring for player x or player y. It's not that we don't know about them, it's that we're pretty likely to know a great deal about them - it's just that we feel they aren't the right player for us.

Origi must be someone we've been impressed with for a number of years if we've been happy to plonk down £10m for him now. It's a good sign though, getting players who we're impressed with and that could have a lot of room for development early on. If they are swayed by the Barca/Real's of this world then in 4/5/x years then we'll have benefitted from their time with us and should then further benefit from a large fee. Alternatively, we're challenging for major honours year on year and they're happy to stay with us and compete on those fronts :)

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #159 on: August 6, 2014, 12:51:19 pm »
Really shows how thorough is our scouting no matter what the regime is and in every top club and not only there of course. Think I heard it in a podcast with Andrew Heaton that Liverpool and any other clubs with big scouting knowledge, know almost every single player/talent there is out there.

Bah they've got it all wrong haven't they, all this scouting at under 15 level... Why bother when you can just watch a couple of youtube clips of a player's highlights. Complete misuse of funds in my opinion.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018