Author Topic: Roy to be sacked & Dion Fanning article  (Read 195985 times)

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
Re: Roy to be Sacked. Sometime.
« Reply #240 on: December 31, 2010, 10:37:45 pm »
I'll take the Vodka, the Tequila and the Pill just to make sure. Thanks guys!

Now that's how u celebrate new years eve, all tho the hangover will last for a week xD
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #241 on: December 31, 2010, 10:37:49 pm »
So we have to tolerate Roy's management until the right replacement is found, just hope we're not relegated by then.

And we could be in for a long wait, it's not on, Roy should go now
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: December 31, 2010, 10:38:32 pm »
Bernd Schuster
Picks his players based on their zodic sign. Thinks that injured players can't be helped by doctors and physios and should go to church instead. No thanks!

Edit: Actually think the first one is Domenech. Sure I read the second one in an interview with him though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 10:52:01 pm by redbyrdz »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Smicer7

• Plastic Manc.
  • Kopite
« Reply #243 on: December 31, 2010, 10:38:53 pm »
Not bad for 6 months abject failure to walk away with £3m in your back pocket if you're sacked. Sometimes the football world astounds me.

You mean Purslow and the rest of the board's abject failure?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #244 on: December 31, 2010, 10:39:57 pm »
Least we won't be known as the failed sky sports experiment anymore.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: December 31, 2010, 10:40:28 pm »
I think french footballers fit English premier league perfectly as well as african, even more then Spanish or italian. Plus Comolli is also into young british talent.

fnaar fnaar

Offline gandalf50

• Kopite
  • Named "Most Naive poster on Rawk" by L666kop
« Reply #246 on: December 31, 2010, 10:41:11 pm »
I think french footballers fit English premier league perfectly as well as african, even more then Spanish or italian. Plus Comolli is also into young british talent.

True. But with the likes of Shelvey the club had already seen the need to invest in English talent.
There really isn't.  I think a lot of us, even our own have started doubting it. It's time to rise up. And take what is rightfully ours. It's a big mountain, but what is the point in achieving something, which everyone can?

Fate has given us a mountain too big. We have to rise. We have to believe.

fowler9_god

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: December 31, 2010, 10:41:17 pm »
The DOF was also part of the reason he left both clubs.

the one at valencia was a fuckwit and the inter one appeared to break promises to him

Offline Baz Smythe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: December 31, 2010, 10:42:08 pm »
Picks his players based on their zodic sign. Thinks that injured players can't be helped by doctors and physios and should go to church instead. No thanks!

Better than how Roy picks them. "You English?"
Follow me on twitter.

https://twitter.com/1chrissmith1

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #249 on: December 31, 2010, 10:43:01 pm »
Roy Hodgson's Liverpool woe: in his own words

'Two defeats in a row – one against a team you are expected to beat – that is a time to be lonely and hurt'

The Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson says it has been an 'uphill struggle' at Anfield The Liverpool manager, Roy Hodgson, says it has been an 'uphill struggle' at Anfield. Photograph: Clive Brunskill/Getty Images

Roy Hodgson became manager of Liverpool 183 days ago. On the day he got the job he said: 'I always knew Liverpool fans were special. The motto "You'll never walk alone" is really lived by the fans. It's a club where you feel you're not alone.' Today those words came back to haunt him.

"After the defeat by Wolves I thought I did quite a good job to disguise the hurt, the sadness and, to some extent, the anger that I was feeling. To take stick from the crowd and then to stand up in a press conference and say I understood and sympathised with them ... It is always going to be the case as a manager that when things are going wrong you are going to get that flak, that stick. It is unfortunate for me that fans should think I went into a press conference with a view to attacking them because nothing could be further from the truth.

"Two or three weeks ago we were on a good roll and playing some good football and everything looked so bright and positive. A very good performance at Tottenham, which should have encouraged people, has now become just another defeat. Then we had the last two defeats, against Newcastle and Wolves, which have hurt us very badly and hurt me very badly. It has swung things round enormously and put us in the situation where we find ourselves today. I cannot emphasise enough that it hurts me deeply. It hurts my professional pride. It hurts all the things I believe in to find myself in the situation I am in but I have to accept it. I feel very bad and very down.

"I have the experience but it has been an uphill struggle since I came here. Maybe that was the point I was trying to make [about the famous Anfield support] which has been interpreted as a crack against the fans. I have had a lot of situations to deal with and worked very hard to put together a team that knows what it is doing and can produce winning football. Along the way there have been some very big setbacks which have thrown me into the limelight and the firing line. I accept it as part of taking a job of this stature.

"Last night I saw a quote from Benjamin Disraeli when he became prime minster: 'I have achieved my goal and climbed to the top of the greasy pole.' That is really what we do. That is how I feel. Coming to Liverpool for me was a pinnacle; to some extent it was a reward for the work I had put in, not just at Fulham but in the years before. It was a recognition of my competence. You come here hoping you will keep flying forward but, yes, I did know it would be difficult. If we can between now and the end of the season get the results everybody wants, people will respect us more for the hardship we have gone through. It is a cliché but we coaches do need time, patience and support. Support at this club is of vital importance because that is what has made it great through the years – the feeling that Liverpool is a bit special and that people get together when things are not going well.

"It would be nice to have people around you who could help you a bit more but it doesn't really work that way. It is a lonely job being the manager of a top club. You can't expect people to help you too much. The staff are very good and supportive – and so too are the players – but your family is the most important during these times. They try to encourage you that life isn't all doom and gloom and there might be a bright spot somewhere along the way. That is what you have to cling on to.

"Two defeats in a row – and one of them at home against a team you are expected to beat – that is a time when you are going to be very hurt and upset about everything. Lonely is not the wrong word to use because, to be quite honest, you don't want company anyway. You want to be left alone with your thoughts. They are not pleasant thoughts but you don't have the desire to do anything other than sit around with them."

--------------------

That's a goodbye speech if I ever heard one.  I almost feel sorry for him, but not quite.   :wave
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: December 31, 2010, 10:43:05 pm »
the one at valencia was a fuckwit and the inter one appeared to break promises to him
Points towards a lack of cohesion, does it not?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: December 31, 2010, 10:44:25 pm »
Points towards a lack of cohesion, does it not?

yeah, but it appears that rafa isnt the one primarily at fault

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: December 31, 2010, 10:46:04 pm »
he's the common denominator though, but I do see your point.

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #253 on: December 31, 2010, 10:46:23 pm »

'Two defeats in a row – one against a team you are expected to beat –

And he just confirms how much of a fucking clueless man he really is. Not expected to beat newly promoted Newcastle then.

Goodbye Mr Smalltime :wanker
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: December 31, 2010, 10:48:29 pm »
he's the common denominator though, but I do see your point.

actually we've missed out the third DoF he fell out with, christie purslow

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #255 on: December 31, 2010, 10:49:16 pm »
MON proved at Aston Villa he does not have the fortitude to handle both league and european games. Let him go to West Ham, a club more his own calibre.

I've a few mates who are Villa fans & they all feel the same.  Near the end of his tenure they were all pretty fed up with his tactical ineptitude.

They joked about the the 'big change' as they called it - MON's most common attempt to salvage something from games they were losing.
It involved withdrawing big John Carew.
Then sending on big Emile.
Genius...
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline RuairiK

• Kopite
« Reply #256 on: December 31, 2010, 10:50:25 pm »

i agree but as much as i would love to see him back to unite the club again I think the owners would consider the history of him not getting along with a director of football. at the end of the day comolli is their man and they wont want to expose themselve to the risk of conflict between their man and the next manager.

I am sure they like most of us realise that the next manager is the most important appointment in a generation
I'd played at Anfield and I knew the crowd were fantastic. I knew there was a public just waiting. So I fought the battles inside and outside. I was interested in only one thing, success for the club. And that meant success for the people. I wanted results for the club, for the love of the game, to make the people happy

Offline Franky

• Do you remember me? Clueless kneejerk who should not be confused with the decent poster on here called Frank. Alienated from the sheep and won't lick John Henry's arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #257 on: December 31, 2010, 10:51:07 pm »
this is just crap.   

I really dislike NESV approach. All words and no actions so far. They've decided once again to hide behind Roy's incompetence.

They are the true responsibles for wasting an entire season and next season's European football. They know what is going wrong and they do nothing to change it. Only empty promises about long-term ambitions. That's about it.

King Kenny, Pellegrini(unti a few weeks ago), Rafa, Rjikaard, even O'neil are/were all available. Yet they insist to keep Hodgson. I don't buy this "as soon as a high profile manager is available", too vague. Who are they waiting for? Mourinho.

No need to abuse or insult Roy any more. The owners are responsible for all this.

Offline Get

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: December 31, 2010, 10:52:22 pm »
this is just crap.   

I really dislike NESV approach. All words and no actions so far. They've decided once again to hide behind Roy's incompetence.

They are the true responsibles for wasting an entire season and next season's European football. They know what is going wrong and they do nothing to change it. Only empty promises about long-term ambitions. That's about it.

King Kenny, Pellegrini(unti a few weeks ago), Rafa, Rjikaard, even O'neil are/were all available. Yet they insist to keep Hodgson. I don't buy this "as soon as a high profile manager is available", too vague. Who are they waiting for? Mourinho.

No need to abuse or insult Roy any more. The owners are responsible for all this.

Lay off the booze and go watch the firework

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #259 on: December 31, 2010, 10:53:53 pm »

'Two defeats in a row – one against a team you are expected to beat – that is a time to be lonely and hurt'

The Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson says it has been an 'uphill struggle' at Anfield The Liverpool manager, Roy Hodgson, says it has been an 'uphill struggle' at Anfield. Photograph: Clive Brunskill/Getty Images

Roy Hodgson became manager of Liverpool 183 days ago. On the day he got the job he said: 'I always knew Liverpool fans were special. The motto "You'll never walk alone" is really lived by the fans. It's a club where you feel you're not alone.' Today those words came back to haunt him.

"After the defeat by Wolves I thought I did quite a good job to disguise the hurt, the sadness and, to some extent, the anger that I was feeling. To take stick from the crowd and then to stand up in a press conference and say I understood and sympathised with them ... It is always going to be the case as a manager that when things are going wrong you are going to get that flak, that stick. It is unfortunate for me that fans should think I went into a press conference with a view to attacking them because nothing could be further from the truth.

"Two or three weeks ago we were on a good roll and playing some good football and everything looked so bright and positive. A very good performance at Tottenham, which should have encouraged people, has now become just another defeat. Then we had the last two defeats, against Newcastle and Wolves, which have hurt us very badly and hurt me very badly. It has swung things round enormously and put us in the situation where we find ourselves today. I cannot emphasise enough that it hurts me deeply. It hurts my professional pride. It hurts all the things I believe in to find myself in the situation I am in but I have to accept it. I feel very bad and very down.

"I have the experience but it has been an uphill struggle since I came here. Maybe that was the point I was trying to make [about the famous Anfield support] which has been interpreted as a crack against the fans. I have had a lot of situations to deal with and worked very hard to put together a team that knows what it is doing and can produce winning football. Along the way there have been some very big setbacks which have thrown me into the limelight and the firing line. I accept it as part of taking a job of this stature.

"Last night I saw a quote from Benjamin Disraeli when he became prime minster: 'I have achieved my goal and climbed to the top of the greasy pole.' That is really what we do. That is how I feel. Coming to Liverpool for me was a pinnacle; to some extent it was a reward for the work I had put in, not just at Fulham but in the years before. It was a recognition of my competence. You come here hoping you will keep flying forward but, yes, I did know it would be difficult. If we can between now and the end of the season get the results everybody wants, people will respect us more for the hardship we have gone through. It is a cliché but we coaches do need time, patience and support. Support at this club is of vital importance because that is what has made it great through the years – the feeling that Liverpool is a bit special and that people get together when things are not going well.

"It would be nice to have people around you who could help you a bit more but it doesn't really work that way. It is a lonely job being the manager of a top club. You can't expect people to help you too much. The staff are very good and supportive – and so too are the players – but your family is the most important during these times. They try to encourage you that life isn't all doom and gloom and there might be a bright spot somewhere along the way. That is what you have to cling on to.

"Two defeats in a row – and one of them at home against a team you are expected to beat – that is a time when you are going to be very hurt and upset about everything. Lonely is not the wrong word to use because, to be quite honest, you don't want company anyway. You want to be left alone with your thoughts. They are not pleasant thoughts but you don't have the desire to do anything other than sit around with them."

--------------------

That's a goodbye speech if I ever heard one.  I almost feel sorry for him, but not quite.   :wave
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: December 31, 2010, 10:53:59 pm »
actually we've missed out the third DoF he fell out with, christie purslow
well, Cecil was unique.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #261 on: December 31, 2010, 10:54:17 pm »
NESV may have only one course of action after tomorrow's game.  For all we know - that decision may already have been made behind the scenes.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: December 31, 2010, 10:54:59 pm »
I can think of only two reasons why they would leak this now;
1)They are confident they will be able to get the man they want in soon, and that the switch from Hodgson to the new man will happen fairly shortly.
2)They know they'll only be able to get the man they want in the summer, so leak this out to try and reduce the volume of the fans disquiet so that Hodgson can limp along till the summer when they can make the change.

At the moment 2) feels the more likely to me, but let's hope it's 1).

3) They know the man they want (or a short shortlist), but he's in a job. This is leaked to flush out that manager (or managers) who might be interested,  but worried if they don't make their interest known they'll miss the chance. Preferred candidate lets the club know he is willing to move mid-season to secure the job, we contact his club and negotiate compensation.

I can dream.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: December 31, 2010, 10:55:46 pm »
this is just crap.   

Don't agree at all. As much as nearly everyone realised Hodgson won't be here for the long term it's only very recently become a "Anyone but Roy will do" situation. O'Neill? Fuck that.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Get

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: December 31, 2010, 10:55:58 pm »
NESV may have only one course of action after tomorrow's game.  For all we know - that decision may already have been made behind the scenes.

Exactly, January will be an exciting month, New Players and hopefully a new Manager

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: December 31, 2010, 10:57:28 pm »
this is just crap.   

The thing is with long term promises is they tend to be, well, long term.
And no, theyre waiting for someone who fits their ideals and visions. They want someone young, talented and hungry for the challenge. That certainly isnt Rijkaard or Pellegrini and O'Neill would be worse than Hodgson IMO. Rafa and Kenny, sentimentally, great, but it wouldnt work, Kenny isnt a long term answer and Rafa divides opinion too much.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #266 on: December 31, 2010, 10:59:07 pm »
I'm now completely torn on the issue. On the one hand I'd like him gone asap, but the ONLY thing I'd want if that happened would be Rafa or Kenny, and it doesn't look likely that either of those two would even be considered. So then you're left with this news that they will indeed be looking for a new manager, and getting the right guy isn't going to be something which can be achieved in January.

My first choice for the new manager would be Villas Boas without doubt, and even then I'd actually prefer him to see out this season at Porto, hopefully winning the league and pushing for the Europa League too, just so he has some actual pedigree to go with his obvious potential. So getting him would mean the summer at the earliest. The same could be said for Klopp, Deschamps, and Sanchez Flores, all of which would make my preferred list, and none of which we'd be able to get until this season is over.

It's a horrible position to be in, and even though Hodgson was never going to last longer than this season alone, he really shouldn't have been as much of a disaster as he's proven to be. Right now, at the worst, we should have been around 6th or 7th and within touching distance of the top 4. This way he would have had the rest of the season just to see if we could get close to getting back in to the champions league, but we're a fucking mile off that. So we're in a horrible position where we have to stick or twist, and neither will bring us what we want.

We can't afford to take no for an answer when looking to appoint the new manager, no matter how much it's going to cost us. All of those I've named would jump at the chance come the summer, without doubt. All of them would still see us as a bigger club than where they are now, financially backed by new owners, and with the fanbase on their side right from the word go. It's a mouth-watering prospect for them with or without champions league football attached, so I don't think there's going to be a problem there.

The problem, unfortunately, is right now. The remainder of this season could see us dragged in to a relegation scrap if we stick with Hodgson, or sacking him and appointing someone who wasn't first choice just because the first choice list were not available right now. It's something which really is a catch 22 situation, and to say it's important that FSG make the right decision could very well be the biggest understatement of all time. This is absolutely pivotal now, and I don't envy them one bit.

I still think the answer lies in Kenny, there's just no getting away from that. He's here right now, he'd do it if asked, and I think he'd understand if he was told that they want to appoint someone young in the summer. He'd do it because he fucking loves us, and to overlook that at this point when it could be the ONLY answer would be foolish.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline redplanet

• Kopite
  • There is no outside the box
« Reply #267 on: December 31, 2010, 10:59:15 pm »
MON proved at Aston Villa he does not have the fortitude to handle both league and european games. Let him go to West Ham, a club more his own calibre.
I just watched my dog chase his tail for 10 minutes and thought, "Wow, dogs are easily entertained." Then I realized I just watched my dog chase his tail for 10 minutes...

Offline Franky

• Do you remember me? Clueless kneejerk who should not be confused with the decent poster on here called Frank. Alienated from the sheep and won't lick John Henry's arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #268 on: December 31, 2010, 11:01:22 pm »
The thing is with long term promises is they tend to be, well, long term.
And no, theyre waiting for someone who fits their ideals and visions. They want someone young, talented and hungry for the challenge. That certainly isnt Rijkaard or Pellegrini and O'Neill would be worse than Hodgson IMO. Rafa and Kenny, sentimentally, great, but it wouldnt work, Kenny isnt a long term answer and Rafa divides opinion too much.
The thing is that we cannot continue this season with Roy any more. The consequences might be catastrophic. Mass Exodus of players, almost certainly out of Europe for next season and even a relegation battle is a possibility.

The owners instead of taking action to stop this situation from deteriorating, they prefered to leak vague information to the press about long term decisions. I'm not convinced at all by their approach, maybe it's just me...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:02:53 pm by Franky »

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #269 on: December 31, 2010, 11:03:19 pm »
Am I the only person who thinks Roy going would be the best thing for Roy as well?  Hes out of his depth, his reputation is shot to bits, the stress must be bordering on unbearable and his desperation is oozing out on the sidelines and every interview.  I just hope Roy does the best thing for Liverpool and himself and agrees a mutual consent to move on
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: December 31, 2010, 11:03:32 pm »
Why wouldnt you be able to get your man in January? i dont get that, just pay for him, you'll have to pay peak prices but if you want him bad enough. Say to him, write this season off, make your plans, see who and what you need, we'll give you the moulla in the summer, push next season. Doesnt seem so mad or far fetched to me!

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: December 31, 2010, 11:03:37 pm »
No matter which guy comes in, the most important things is him being strong and not being influenced by senior players.

THEN it´s possible that the squad will be relieved then, similar to Gerrard not playing, the pressure off and we finally see some class football sooner as expected.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #272 on: December 31, 2010, 11:03:57 pm »
I'm now completely torn on the issue. On the one hand I'd like him gone asap, but the ONLY thing I'd want if that happened would be Rafa or Kenny, and it doesn't look likely that either of those two would even be considered. So then you're left with this news that they will indeed be looking for a new manager, and getting the right guy isn't going to be something which can be achieved in January.

My first choice for the new manager would be Villas Boas without doubt, and even then I'd actually prefer him to see out this season at Porto, hopefully winning the league and pushing for the Europa League too, just so he has some actual pedigree to go with his obvious potential. So getting him would mean the summer at the earliest. The same could be said for Klopp, Deschamps, and Sanchez Flores, all of which would make my preferred list, and none of which we'd be able to get until this season is over.

It's a horrible position to be in, and even though Hodgson was never going to last longer than this season alone, he really shouldn't have been as much of a disaster as he's proven to be. Right now, at the worst, we should have been around 6th or 7th and within touching distance of the top 4. This way he would have had the rest of the season just to see if we could get close to getting back in to the champions league, but we're a fucking mile off that. So we're in a horrible position where we have to stick or twist, and neither will bring us what we want.

We can't afford to take no for an answer when looking to appoint the new manager, no matter how much it's going to cost us. All of those I've named would jump at the chance come the summer, without doubt. All of them would still see us as a bigger club than where they are now, financially backed by new owners, and with the fanbase on their side right from the word go. It's a mouth-watering prospect for them with or without champions league football attached, so I don't think there's going to be a problem there.

The problem, unfortunately, is right now. The remainder of this season could see us dragged in to a relegation scrap if we stick with Hodgson, or sacking him and appointing someone who wasn't first choice just because the first choice list were not available right now. It's something which really is a catch 22 situation, and to say it's important that FSG make the right decision could very well be the biggest understatement of all time. This is absolutely pivotal now, and I don't envy them one bit.

I still think the answer lies in Kenny, there's just no getting away from that. He's here right now, he'd do it if asked, and I think he'd understand if he was told that they want to appoint someone young in the summer. He'd do it because he fucking loves us, and to overlook that at this point when it could be the ONLY answer would be foolish.

Sensible post that.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #273 on: December 31, 2010, 11:04:19 pm »
Exactly, January will be an exciting month, New Players and hopefully a new Manager

Will we have to get a new manager first - i.e. before NESV splash any cash on new players ?
I'm concerned that it appears (from what i've read) that NESV won't give Roy any funds for January transfers (I don't trust him either).
This means we can't strengthen the squad for the rest of the season.
This means that we probably can't compete for a european place - let alone a CL place (based on our form so far).
This means we can't keep our top players in the summer ??!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:06:40 pm by SpartanRed »

Offline Baz Smythe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: December 31, 2010, 11:04:25 pm »
Jorge Jesus anyone?
Follow me on twitter.

https://twitter.com/1chrissmith1

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: December 31, 2010, 11:05:22 pm »
The thing is that we cannot continue this season with Roy any more. The consequences might be catastrophic. Mass Exodus of players, almost certainly out of Europe for next season and even a relegation battle is a possibility.

The owners instead of taking action to stop this situation from deteriorating, they prefered to leak vague information to the press about long term decisions. I'm not convinced at all by their approach, maybe it's just me...
No, I see where you're coming from in terms of Roy, him leaving is clearly the correct decision. As for you viewpoint on the owners, they want to do things right, and not rush into anything stupid, like hiring Roy in the first place, they dont want to repeat those mistakes. Have no doubt whatsoever though, Roy's a walking P45.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #276 on: December 31, 2010, 11:07:56 pm »
Why wouldnt you be able to get your man in January? i dont get that, just pay for him, you'll have to pay peak prices but if you want him bad enough. Say to him, write this season off, make your plans, see who and what you need, we'll give you the moulla in the summer, push next season. Doesnt seem so mad or far fetched to me!

Do you honestly believe that Villas Boas or Klopp would come here in January when they're both flying at the top of their leagues right now? That really would be foolish to think so. To think that just because "we're Liverpool" two young managers are going to pass up the chance of winning their first top league championship to come to a club that's currently in an awful position?

If you're looking for the right person right now you're not going to get him in Jaanuary. Unless his name's Rafa Benitez or Kenny Dalglish.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #277 on: December 31, 2010, 11:08:39 pm »

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: December 31, 2010, 11:09:40 pm »
Am I the only person who thinks Roy going would be the best thing for Roy as well?  Hes out of his depth, his reputation is shot to bits, the stress must be bordering on unbearable and his desperation is oozing out on the sidelines and every interview.  I just hope Roy does the best thing for Liverpool and himself and agrees a mutual consent to move on
People have been saying that since he got here. He is just wrong for this job, and it's the wrong job for him.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #279 on: December 31, 2010, 11:10:14 pm »
Jesus saves... ;)

But Alonso scores the rebound
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."