Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 111406 times)

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #1120 on: January 9, 2011, 06:51:17 pm »
I know it's been 24 hrs but I'm still buzzing that Dalglish is back - my mind just feels so settled and calm that we've got the management back in the right hands.

Thinking about this earlier, if we won the title it would be the most amazing feeling every - to win it under Kenny would surpass anything. I hope he's a success over the next few mths - really do.

(Though it may take 4-5 years to come back)

YNWA.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: January 9, 2011, 06:51:46 pm »
But what the linesman was doing i have no idea.

The linesman never viewed it as a penalty?

Offline johnny_be_good

• Main Stander
« Reply #1122 on: January 9, 2011, 06:52:15 pm »
 :rash

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #1123 on: January 9, 2011, 06:52:43 pm »
On the Gerrard red card - was Carrick not off the ground as well? They were both fully committed and going for the ball. I can see why a red was given but half the time I think a yellow would have been shown, depending on refs, venues etc.

Proud of the way we played, one downa dn a man down after half an hour and we were still in it right to the end. Played lads.

The real crime is football is now a non contact sport - if you feel contact you now have the right to fall over and claim a penalty or if you tackle hard you are sent off

The game is now for fannies
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #1124 on: January 9, 2011, 06:53:22 pm »
Any clips of Steven's tackle?

This is the closest I could find for you mate...

Enjoy...
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #1125 on: January 9, 2011, 06:53:24 pm »
The linesman never viewed it as a penalty?

He never viewed the incident. Period! ;)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: January 9, 2011, 06:54:35 pm »
He never viewed the incident. Period! ;)

Lino held his flag as if it were a goal kick?

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1128 on: January 9, 2011, 06:55:22 pm »
If I'm honest, will I still get grief?
I'd hope it depends on how much shite you talk...
A great deal of sense and interesting points that everyone should read...
...and you've passed that test with flying colours ;) Excellent post, thanks for that. I particularly liked the 'wank off god' bit - I'm afraid I will have to still that at some point...too funny not to use myself some time! ;D

Oh, I know it's not relevant at all but I've just got a stream of Villareal and Real in the corner of my screen - watching Ronaldo's celebration. He really is a massive, massive c*nt. I know that isn't news but, well, the staggering force of his c*ntishness kind of hits you anew when you see him again, you kind of got desensitised to a bit when you saw him every week. I don't think I've ever enjoyed watching a player fail as much as I enjoy watching him fail.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1129 on: January 9, 2011, 06:55:39 pm »

Good old Howard over-ruled him anyway, he couldn't wait to point to the spot. 

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1130 on: January 9, 2011, 06:56:24 pm »
:rash
Not often a Nando's meal is more intelligent than the person eating it.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1131 on: January 9, 2011, 06:57:21 pm »

Im glad the first game is out of the way to be honest, the problems that Roy faced are still there, but the support for Kenny to tackle them is obviously considerably greater.

You see, I dont think its fair to use this game as an example of that. I thought the lads did very well and went toe-to-toe with Utd up until the sending off, despite the early set back. After that they battled hard to stay in the game and despite having any threat going foward we didn't really let them have any chances either.

Lets just wait and see how we do against the likes of Blackpool, Everton and Wolves with 11 men before we atrt having a moan about these problemas we are meant to have eh?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1132 on: January 9, 2011, 06:57:43 pm »
Good old Howard over-ruled him anyway, he couldn't wait to point to the spot. 

I know even though the fucker was further away but hey what's point of the headsets they have and linesmen if you're going to be aloof. He can't have seen it was a deffo penalty from there.

Offline l2k83

• Main Stander
« Reply #1133 on: January 9, 2011, 06:57:51 pm »
The penalty or red card would never have been given had the game been at Anfield.

Don't know how he gave stevie a straight red for that and didnt sent De Jong off for the karate king on Alonso in the WC?

Good performance considering we went down to 10 men so early in the game. Reina fucking legend again, Kelly had a brilliant game, Nando looking much better.

Don't know how the scum are top of the league playing shite football like that.

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #1134 on: January 9, 2011, 06:58:28 pm »
Not often a Nando's meal is more intelligent than the person eating it.

He calls it 'brain food'.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1135 on: January 9, 2011, 06:58:53 pm »
They'll charge him with bringing the game in to disrepute
Ah ok, thanks for that. So there is a rule that covers it, that's all I wanted to know really, thanks :)
So does that mean that Rafael's was a red?
It's pretty much irrelevant what Rafael did. We can't control that, nor can we control what Webb does and doesn't give. But we can avoid making red card challenges for no reason at Old Trafford, that bit IS under our control.

Offline Razzler

• Main Stander
« Reply #1136 on: January 9, 2011, 06:59:02 pm »
For those intrested here is a good site that analyses the game. http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/01/09/manchester-united-1-0-liverpool-dalglish-tactics/

There is an explanation on the difference between this and the previous Liverpool games.

This says it all really:

Dalglish will have pleased Liverpool’s fans – with only a day in charge of the club he barely had time to change anything major, but the simple shift towards a more positive style of football (most notably without the ball) marks a move away from Hodgson’s regime. The red card was a huge blow for Liverpool – without that, they may have got themselves back into the game.

Offline Ramon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: January 9, 2011, 06:59:09 pm »
the FA apparently invistigating Ryan Babel posting the pic of Howard Webb

But they won't investigate Webb's decision... ::)
SOS member #2428.  We'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road! When you hear the noise from the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!!!!

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: January 9, 2011, 06:59:25 pm »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1139 on: January 9, 2011, 07:00:14 pm »
By this morning it felt like it would be about Kenny, rather than the football or the result. And I don't have a problem with that.
Naturally it would though mate. Its not simply that LFC have a new manager, which is not a regular occurrence, but the once best player in the world and the revered King returned. Nonetheless, it was about football. Had you managed to watch it all you'd have been enthused that Kenny was preparing his subs on 50 or so minutes. I've long for this for many years. A manager that will make a prompt necessary change rather than a routine, mandatory change or a very late last gasp change.

That was enough for me besides the fact that those mancs were fucking lucky - we deserved a draw from our football perspective.

Some are saying it was 10 v 12, at times it was 8 v 12 because Nando jogged round like he had diarrhoea.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1140 on: January 9, 2011, 07:00:39 pm »
;D

The FA have been very quick to say they'll "definitely investigate" this, doesn't seem they'll be investigating Berbatov's dive though, or Webb's refereeing. Funny that, isn't it?

It was Eduardo who got banned for diving, why wont they ban Berbatov. He fuc*ing cheated
YNWA

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #1141 on: January 9, 2011, 07:00:44 pm »

Yup. Overruled by Webb though... :duh

Offline Clonsilla Red

• Kopite
« Reply #1142 on: January 9, 2011, 07:00:51 pm »
Kelly was my MOM. I thought the team played well apart from Raul who has not recovered from his injury fully, He has been an excellent signing but had a poor game today.
The effort the lads showed down to 10 men was superb. I also thought Kenny's subs were very good positive nice and early first 2 on 55 mins roughly. His post match comments were very positive and for losing a game against the mancs i'm actually quite confident for the immediate future. also thought gerrard was a silly boy and it was a red, never a peno though.
Kenny Dalglish - 31/1/11
“The most important thing is the club.
“More important and bigger than any individual, no matter who has been through it previously and who will in the future. The club is the club."

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1143 on: January 9, 2011, 07:01:43 pm »
This says it all really:

Dalglish will have pleased Liverpool’s fans – with only a day in charge of the club he barely had time to change anything major, but the simple shift towards a more positive style of football (most notably without the ball) marks a move away from Hodgson’s regime. The red card was a huge blow for Liverpool – without that, they may have got themselves back into the game.
Dalglish didn't have to change anything - he did what Hodgson should have done, was hired to do, and told us all he WOULD do when he was hired - he used Rafa's Liverpool as a starting point. Whether he tweaks those foundations or not is up to him, but it hasn't been long enough for those foundations to be eroded, and tactically, those foundations were perfectly solid and should never have been fucked around with hugely in the first place.

As I think Roy Hodgson actually said when he joined (though I could be wrong): 'Evolution, not revolution.'

Offline neilinneslfc

• Kopite
« Reply #1144 on: January 9, 2011, 07:02:54 pm »
A lot of people saying the red card was justified, but what irritates me about it is that although he came off the deck he was not going into Carrick he was coming from the same side of the ball. There was little doubt in my mind he was going for the ball and Carrick slid in in front of Gerrard.

It was foolish to give the ref and excuse to send him off, but there was no intention to catch Carrick. I can understand why he got a red, but I think a yellow would have sufficed.

That's exactly how I saw it, fair enough send him off if he's tackling Carrick like that but he wasn't, they were both going for a loose ball! Annoying that the two main decisions he had to make he got wrong.

Quite pleased with the performance all in all though, showed a lot more passion and fight and actually think we wouldve beat them had we still had 11 men on the pitch.

Onwards and upwards. (been a while since I felt like that!!)
Lets twat these fuckers!!!!

Offline beliverpool

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never Walk Alone !
    • Bobland
« Reply #1145 on: January 9, 2011, 07:03:12 pm »
Even Manc fans admit it was a Dive , in their forum ! But anyways lets take the positives from this game & hope to build on it starting with Blackpool on Wednesday.
"Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball."

Offline Em5y

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1146 on: January 9, 2011, 07:05:28 pm »
The question that has to be asked of Howard Webb is - How did you feel able to award the penalty when you were 25 yards away at a poor angle - when your assistant was much closer with a much better view of it and believed it was not a penalty.

Offline jammo

• Main Stander
  • 'Rocking all over the world' AKA:Leverkusen!
« Reply #1147 on: January 9, 2011, 07:06:02 pm »
If i was Stevie i would seriously consider chinning that drug user Ferdinand whilst next on England duty.  He ran 20 yards to get him sent off. The tackle wasnt that bad, u see lots of tackles worse week in week only get a yellow. Webb reacted to the players reaction IMO. How refreshing to see a manager make substitutions at the right times and actually try and change it.  All attentions must now turn to Blackpool and the Bluenoses.

There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1148 on: January 9, 2011, 07:07:23 pm »
Dalglish didn't have to change anything - he did what Hodgson should have done, was hired to do, and told us all he WOULD do when he was hired - he used Rafa's Liverpool as a starting point. Whether he tweaks those foundations or not is up to him, but it hasn't been long enough for those foundations to be eroded, and tactically, those foundations were perfectly solid and should never have been fucked around with hugely in the first place.

As I think Roy Hodgson actually said when he joined (though I could be wrong): 'Evolution, not revolution.'

In fact Sammy prepared the team for today as Kenny mentioned in post conference. Which shows that we would have been far better off with Sammy instead of Roy either. Doesn´t matter which way you look at it, keeping Roy for that long was a wrong decision. Very wrong and today´s game showed how much better we could have done this season.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #1149 on: January 9, 2011, 07:09:10 pm »
I didn't see the Rafael challenge - but if it was one footed then you are bang on, there's no comparison. As you say, two feet off the ground in a lunge = red, same way as elbowing someone in the face = red, or a professional foul = red, and rightly so IMO, in all of those cases.

Rafael's was two footed. He left the ground and block tackled the ball. The only thing that saved Raul from injury was he pulled out - either from bottling it or injury.

Either way, the game stops and Stevie doesn't make the challenge

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1150 on: January 9, 2011, 07:09:58 pm »
the FA apparently invistigating Ryan Babel posting the pic of Howard Webb

whats that all about ?

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1151 on: January 9, 2011, 07:10:41 pm »
If i was Stevie i would seriously consider chinning that drug user Ferdinand whilst next on England duty.  He ran 20 yards to get him sent off. The tackle wasnt that bad, u see lots of tackles worse week in week only get a yellow. Webb reacted to the players reaction IMO. How refreshing to see a manager make substitutions at the right times and actually try and change it.  All attentions must now turn to Blackpool and the Bluenoses.

Any reds player who made a bad tackle was always going to be sent off. Webb and Ferdinand discussed it over breakfast this morning.
YNWA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1152 on: January 9, 2011, 07:12:00 pm »
When the draw was made, I assumed we'd win. When the management change was made I was sure we'd win.

And yet, I've never cared less about us losing to that lot. It's been so stressful for so long I finally have no worries and so this defeat moves to the insignificant.

However, we need two wins now, or Kenny out. ;P

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #1153 on: January 9, 2011, 07:12:56 pm »

Apparently

From Manchester United captain Rio Ferdinand on Twitter: "By the way I never told Howard Webb to send Gerrard off I just said I thought it was a 2 footed tackle..."

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1154 on: January 9, 2011, 07:14:54 pm »
I haven't read this topic so apoliogies if it's already been discussed. But I picked a few quotes from Kennys post match interview to compare with Roys..

Shocking how different he is to Roy. Look at the difference in a few of the bolded quotes:

Kenny: "It's my responsibility to encourage the players and improve them, and hopefully we'll get better."
Roy: "I can't do anymore, I can't work any harder."

Kenny: "We couldn't have got any more from Fernando in terms of effort and commitment. He ran himself into the ground. It's a great sign he's determined to get himself back and silence any critics he's got. He did everything that was expected of him on the day."
Roy: "It's hard when your supposedly star players arn't performing."

Kenny: "When you look at the lads, it doesn't matter how good a player you are - you've still got to have a bit of confidence. And we've got to get that confidence back in him"
"If somebody had said to me, this is your squad of players, would you take the job? I'd have said yes with the squad of players we've got."
Roy: "Unless there is a major influx of cash into the club and the team is going to be changed from one moment to the next, then whoever takes my place will be doing a similar job with similar players."

Kenny: "Jonjo Shelvey came on and was a wee bit ambitious with his free-kick, but at least he's looked up and noticed something."
Roy: ""He did well but the fact is he came on in extra-time and people were tiring. We think Jonjo Shelvey is a player with a bright future, but I have to say I am not in the mood for talking about positives"

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #1155 on: January 9, 2011, 07:15:04 pm »
Apparently

From Manchester United captain Rio Ferdinand on Twitter: "By the way I never told Howard Webb to send Gerrard off I just said I thought it was a 2 footed tackle..."

Isn't that the same thing, 2 footed challenge equals a red card

Offline dionj

• Main Stander
  • We are the Kop of Liverpool FC
« Reply #1156 on: January 9, 2011, 07:15:08 pm »
just got back from the match, took 4 eva getting out if there.
all in all i'd say that was a much better performance considering how much things were against us.
His name is luis suarez
he wears the famous red

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1157 on: January 9, 2011, 07:15:54 pm »

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #1158 on: January 9, 2011, 07:16:49 pm »
Apparently

Isn't that the same thing, 2 footed challenge equals a red card

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1159 on: January 9, 2011, 07:18:27 pm »
Fuckin' made up Babel posted the pic to be honest. Anything to draw more attention toe that corrupt baldy fucker.
We're on our way to glory...