Author Topic: Moments  (Read 6594 times)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Moments
« on: April 10, 2014, 04:17:32 am »
Moments.

We all have moments.

Moments where the wind changes, the mood shifts, where everything you thought was happening suddenly morphs into something else that you didn't expect.

You've had them too I'm sure.

Our season has turned on its head, in moments. From a chase for forth, to a chase for destiny, all in moments.

Football is one big dream. One constant dizzying sport we follow, that is the least consistent thing I have ever known. Moments from week to week, where dreams are ruined one, and then suddenly restored the next. A crazy sport you are invested in, yet have no control over. A game, a game that keeps you hanging on, hoping, praying, for a moment in the sun.

Dream big. Dream wide. Hope for the best, hope for the opportunity of glory. Have it shoved down your throat year in, year out from those down the East Lancs road. Force fed it. Choking on it. Spitting it out. Bitter? Yes perhaps. Perhaps I can admit that I am. They've had their moments.

What about your own team, Liverpool FC. In a magical moment? Just the once after years in relative darkness, that'd be enough. Just the once we win the league. Enough for a decade, enough for a lifetime. A moment. A moment that no-one can take from you. A moment you thought was consigned to the history books and to the best LSD you can imagine.

Like the Chelsea game in 2005 and the Istanbul final that followed. Dreams. Constant, dizzying dreams. Beers, constant dizzying beers. Solidified by a dream that can't be prevented, can't be stopped, can't be shorted. That keeps growing despite the naysayers, into an all encompassing moment where everything becomes true?

That Liverpool become league champions. For the first time in my life as I know it. That shiny cup held aloft by Steven Gerrard in the middle of the Anfield pitch. A moment etched into folklore and history. A moment. Just for a moment. Please, for god's sake, for a flickering moment in my life, let it happen. Let it be.

The one dream I've never dared to dream about apart from 2002 and 2009, the one I've always been reserved about. Whisper it now, whisper it here, whisper it there. In fact, don't dare mention it, don't reveal the cards of your dreams. You don't want egg on your face. No-one wants egg on their face. What happens, if the moment doesn't happen? If you call out that we will win the league, and then we fall short, again, like we have so many times? A soul destroying fraction close, a Gudjohnsen goal that finds the net in the last minute? A moment earned, a moment hoped for, a moment expected, a moment lost?

Five games. 24 years. I'm 26.

But one ultra, humongous moment on Sunday.

And I'm fucking dreaming now.

A game where if we win, we have one hand on the trophy, even if just for a moment.

A moment plenty of us have dreamt about, hoped and prayed for, and wish so desperately to happen.

When the game kicks off at 1:37, in light of the 96 angels in the sky, it will be prefaced by a moment of sombre reflection. And rightly so.

Then after, we'd be moments away from knowing whether the dream can become a reality.

Please, as someone who wishes they could be there but can't, if you're at the match, don't let the moment pass you by.

Let the reds know they're in for a moment they'll never forget.

Let Man City know they're in for several fucking moments they'll never forget too.

It's our biggest moment for 24 years.

The title, the actual title, the one we've dreamt about for 24 years, within our own hands, within our own grasp, and just, potentially, 90 unbelievable moments and a majestic performance away from the tricky reds and Brendan Rodgers own hands without doubt.

A fleeting moment for anyone watching it unfold as a neutral

But yet, an unforgettable moment for anyone connected with Liverpool F.C.

We have a moment to make history once again.

WE ARE THE LIVERPOOL TRA LA LA LA

WE'RE THE BEST FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE LAND - YES WE ARE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkJAXzqaGuE&list=LLgo0aCFZI3UGIlxjLsEtejw#aid=P-DMZ2em8uM

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:18:26 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline rafas red brigade

• Anny Roader
Re: Moments
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 04:22:34 am »
Great post.

Whether you're at the match or not, I hope every single Red out there, wherever you are, is screaming at the top of your lungs at your TV. Get loud, get behind the lads and together our collective will can push our lads to greatness.

I can't wait. This is the biggest match this club has had in almost a decade. We believe, the Kop believes, the players believe and Brendan believes. Let's just do this.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 06:20:59 am »
I can't wait.

Neither can I mate. 79 hours or so now...

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 06:25:43 am »
Great OP!

I was at Anfield the last time we lifted it, different trophy same prize. Had the Kop full sign placed 2 people in front of me! For obvious reasons couldn't argue that letting the 30 or so of us in the que in wouldn't make any difference. So ran around all the entrances to find the same signs, ran to a tout who was rubbing his hands cause suddenly all his main stand tickets sold for the price he wanted. He only had a ticket for the Derby end, paid him a tenner over face iirc? Only to find I could of paid on the fecking gate!

If someone told me that 24 years later that I'd be scarred to think about winning the league because it might not happen, I'd of laughed at them. We'd already won it before that game, but you knew all season we were going to win it.
Guess that's how Man Utd fans have felt the last 15 years or so, but I guess they felt how we feel now back in 93 was it? When they broke their 25 year duck?

Think regardless of what happens, we have to just enjoy it because unless we have a major meltdown, this season has been a major success, to the point where coming 2nd would feel an anti climax when really it would be a huge success regardless because I think were back and if we don't quite get there this season then we'll be there next. Plus the major success of agent Moyes has out done what even the most optimistic of us would of hoped for!

So many reasons though why I hope 2014 is our year, on and off the pitch.
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 06:34:49 am »
Think regardless of what happens, we have to just enjoy it

Really appreciated your post, but this stuck out for me as I forgot to mention it. If we fall just short, I won't be disappointed at the players or the  manager. They have achieved well above expectation, and all we can do now is will them on, and hope for the best - if we get 2nd or 3rd it will still be a magnificent season!

I hope you get to see what you have seen before, and I see what I've never seen mate :wellin
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:37:10 am by Hij »

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 06:41:23 am »
Really appreciated your post, but this stuck out for as I forgot to mention it. If we fall just short, I won't be disappointed at the players or the  manager. They have achieved well above expectation, and all we can do now is will them on, and hope for the best - if we get 2nd or 3rd it will still be a magnificent season!

I hope you get to see what you have seen before, and I see what I've never seen mate :wellin

Mad in it, its what we've all wanted for so long! But finding it so tense, that its almost unbearable!
Your right though, lets hope we all get to see it this year!   :champ :champ :champ :hally

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 06:45:59 am »
Mad in it, its what we've all wanted for so long! But finding it so tense, that its almost unbearable!
Your right though, lets hope we all get to see it this year!   :champ :champ :champ :hally

After all that's happened, I can only ask myself one question. Why not us? We're scoring the most in the league, we outplayed both Chelsea/City before but arguably despite being "penaltypool" got screwed against both. Beat City, draw vs Chelsea and win the rest, and I think we've done it mate.

Offline TheLiverBird

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 06:46:33 am »
I attended the Fulham game the other day and it was my first experience watching us play in a competitive game in my life. I'm only 20 but I have to say when Stevie scored that winner, there was this tingling sensation within me that said "This season is different".... I was with some of my mates, one of them an Arsenal fan, and at the time they were top of the league. He was adamant that our victory was a fluke and we wouldn't achieve anything other than 4th place at best. I knew we had turned a corner that night, despite our defensive mistakes in and around that period of time..

We have played the best football, been the most unpredictable and inventive team in attack, and have shown that character and determination every championship winning team needs. I hope the will and desire that we showed in the last 15 minutes to turn the game on its head at Craven Cottage can be repeated again - make us dream boys.

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 08:25:03 am »
I attended the Fulham game the other day and it was my first experience watching us play in a competitive game in my life. I'm only 20 but I have to say when Stevie scored that winner, there was this tingling sensation within me that said "This season is different".... I was with some of my mates, one of them an Arsenal fan, and at the time they were top of the league. He was adamant that our victory was a fluke and we wouldn't achieve anything other than 4th place at best. I knew we had turned a corner that night, despite our defensive mistakes in and around that period of time..

We have played the best football, been the most unpredictable and inventive team in attack, and have shown that character and determination every championship winning team needs. I hope the will and desire that we showed in the last 15 minutes to turn the game on its head at Craven Cottage can be repeated again - make us dream boys.

Yeah your right about the Fulham game making a lot of us believe that this season could be different. They played with everyone behind the ball and we still created 3 chances to get ourselves back into the game.
Still that voice in the back of the head nagging about Beniyouns goal there in 2009 but I think making united look like a pub team a few weeks later, along with battering Arsenal and Everton at Anfield, it does seem different this year.
I also agree that I think as long as we beat City on Sunday, then we won't need to win all our games to win the league this year. Maybe even a draw Sunday will be enough?
Think we'll have a few more ups and downs yet?

Just come on Red Men, make us proud!

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 11:09:38 am »
Superb piece Hij.

I've only ever that one true magical moment - in the seconds after Dudek saved the pen and we were European Champions. Something that was always a pipedream to my agegroup and lower.

Hope there can be another
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Tom18

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 01:23:27 pm »
Great post Hij.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 02:35:30 pm »
Great OP. :wave
We should actually have a thread dedicated to sharing glimpses of our season(s) as shown via gifs (instead of placing them in the pics thread). Would be great to see a visual story of our season.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 03:15:47 pm »
Lovely OP, sent a shiver down my spine. Literally cannot wait for Sunday, but at the same time I am cacking myself.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 04:13:04 pm »
Lovely OP, sent a shiver down my spine. Literally cannot wait for Sunday, but at the same time I am cacking myself.

Well that's a lovely image.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 04:30:10 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 04:37:23 pm »
Great piece. But why is kickoff at 1:37?
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 04:56:49 pm »
After all that's happened, I can only ask myself one question. Why not us?

That was a valid question a few weeks back. Right now i'd argue that the question has subsequently become; Why them?
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 05:04:48 pm »
Great piece. But why is kickoff at 1:37?

Is this a joke? What day is it on??  ::)
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 05:25:11 pm »
What a wonderful OP.

There are a lot of LFC supporters out there who have taken this team and this campaign, and re-established their love for Liverpool FC and all it means, after a few seriously horrible years. When many wondered if they would ever appreciate the Club or the sport ever again. Me for one.

But your post says a lot, Hij (I'll withold your name).  The anticipation, excitement and pleasure thrown at us every week has reignited the flame. And its not only the success, its everything.  But to win this title would be quite possibly, as an arl arse, the most incredible achievement we've ever managed.

Great passion.

See you May 11.

Offline lurganboy

• Legacy Fan
  • Look! It's that bellend from 606!
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 06:49:29 pm »
Is this a joke? What day is it on??  ::)

Don't give posters grief for this question. It was 25 years ago and some don't know. They're too young. Give an honest answer and let them know.

It is the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster. The game was called off after seven minutes. The delayed start time is in deference to this.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2014, 01:06:20 am »
That was a valid question a few weeks back. Right now i'd argue that the question has subsequently become; Why them?
Touché ;)

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2014, 01:22:23 am »
What a wonderful OP.

There are a lot of LFC supporters out there who have taken this team and this campaign, and re-established their love for Liverpool FC and all it means, after a few seriously horrible years. When many wondered if they would ever appreciate the Club or the sport ever again. Me for one.

But your post says a lot, Hij (I'll withold your name).  The anticipation, excitement and pleasure thrown at us every week has reignited the flame. And its not only the success, its everything.  But to win this title would be quite possibly, as an arl arse, the most incredible achievement we've ever managed.

Great passion.

See you May 11.

Spot on mate. I too was seriously questioning my appetite for the game, i could never fully walk away as this club is in my blood, part of my DNA but i had become a lot more cynical towards the game in general.

This side has made me fall back in love with the game, of course it helps that it is Liverpool Football Club but beyond that i can honestly say that the football we have played this season has been the most entertaining i've seen in years, win, lose or draw this side makes watching football such an entertaining, pleasurable experience.

I'll be as disappointed as any if we fail to win it but as others have pointed out we should not lose sight of what Brendan Rodgers and these players have done for Liverpool Football Club, they have made us dream again, they have made us believe again and in my case they have made me love again.

Offline Teamboca

• Gutted. Like a fish, a FISH, I tells ya!
  • Anny Roader
  • Will get to anfield at some point in my life
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2014, 01:28:21 am »
Great OP, cannot believe it is only Thursday.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 12:34:24 am »
Well fuck right off.

It's on now.

Offline wannabdoc

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool is a conviction
    • my blog
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 04:53:39 am »
still 4 more games to go, more moments to come.

mignolet's save to win us the points at home at the start

suarez's red hot scoring streak after coming back from his ban

gerrard's penalties at old trafford

gerrard's winner against fulham

gerrard's penalties at west ham

now coutinho's winner against man city

more to come. believe.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 05:37:54 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jEYAkc6d1Gw?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jEYAkc6d1Gw?fs=1</a>