Author Topic: It's just a battle for the order of the first 4 spots now between 5 teams...  (Read 554881 times)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Re: Is it just a battle for 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st spot with 4 other teams now?
« Reply #2720 on: February 24, 2014, 03:20:40 pm »
Rawk needs to schedule some time with Steve Peters for some on here!

Is right.

In regards Man U winning the Champions League did no-one see Barcelona and Bayern take apart two of the most solid teams at home this season in mid week? ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline professorj

• Main Stander
  • OG__ on the old Shanklygates forum...
« Reply #2721 on: February 24, 2014, 03:20:57 pm »
I don't think they will catch us, but I can see them winning the Champions League and leaving us stranded in fourth. It's no more outlandish than what happened in Istanbul

I'm sorry, you can see Manchester United, this year's Manchester United, overcoming Bayern or Barcelona etc etc?
You can't just use Istanbul as the example that anything's possible, that could be applied to anything. The sun won't come up tomorrow you say? Eh, remember Istanbul? Unless they somehow graft Stevie G's brilliance and determination along with Didi's calming influence into that shambles of a side.  I know I am biased as a red, but come off it.
Remember kids: Say no to the Owl...

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2722 on: February 24, 2014, 03:21:11 pm »
I don't think they will catch us, but I can see them winning the Champions League and leaving us stranded in fourth. It's no more outlandish than what happened in Istanbul

How? Really, how?

You see them beating, over two legs, a mix of Bayern, both Madrid sides, Barcelona, PSG and Chelsea?

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2723 on: February 24, 2014, 03:21:32 pm »
Certainly not home bankers under the Moyesiah there. They might win the crossing though.

;D

Well of course, I think they could slip in some of those, but even if you gave them as bankers, they still have difficult fixtures around them, and that's assuming they win the easy ones.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2724 on: February 24, 2014, 03:25:28 pm »
If we attain 3 more points than Arsenal over the next 11 games (dependent on goal difference), Man U winning the Champions League wouldn't even matter.

I know some of you want it to be 100% confirmed before even raising a smile, or believing that it's nearly done. But I presume you still won't be happy when/if we get fourth as to be negative, it still won't even be signed and sealed if we finish fourth and Man U fail to win the Champions League, as we'd have to win the qualifier- so that's a summer of uncertainty.

At least take comfort in the fact that we are the ones in the driving seat, and not sitting in 6th or 7th. I'd have taken being in the HUNT at this stage of the season, as it is we are 6 points ahead with a better goal difference!

We honestly think a team consisting of Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho can't win at Southampton?

I'm wondering myself, what it will take for people to turn. I was worried 5-6 weeks back, the team are convincing me they can do it. Ok the defence was shambolic against Swansea, but I'm just glad to be out of there with the 3 points and time to work on the defence this week. Three points against Southampton away would be pretty massive I imagine for most people on here who are pessimistic. It's just as likely as us losing there IMO (infact I would say it's more likely we win).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 03:29:41 pm by Hij »

Offline professorj

• Main Stander
« Reply #2725 on: February 24, 2014, 03:25:54 pm »
Certainly not home bankers under the Moyesiah there. They might win the crossing though.

Not 'successful crosses' though. Ones 'directly onto the head of strategically picked tall centre back that no-one had ever heard of before' yes.
Also way ahead in 'cast members of the Lord of the Rings and DreamWorks animated movies'.

Offline GG8

• Legacy Fan
  • Löndön is Red.
« Reply #2726 on: February 24, 2014, 03:29:45 pm »
That's kind of nonsensical, though. You don't judge a run of 10 games by what that would mean over the course of a season

True.

Just felt 9 & 1 & 1 is a near impossible return for the final stretch of games with so many top sides playing each other, and many teams fighting survival

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2727 on: February 24, 2014, 03:32:54 pm »
I need to stop spamming the thread, and do some shopping/listen the TAW.

Attachment below is the odds to lay Liverpool for top four finish - 1.19.

Every £19 you stake means you get £100 if Liverpool don't finish top four or higher.

Get on it if you think it's all going to collapse, thems are great odds.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2728 on: February 24, 2014, 03:33:59 pm »

I am gonna lump some money on that, just in case, i would be devastated like fuck if that happened, might as well make a few bobs

Offline professorj

• Main Stander
« Reply #2729 on: February 24, 2014, 03:35:23 pm »
True.

Just felt 9 & 1 & 1 is a near impossible return for the final stretch of games with so many top sides playing each other, and many teams fighting survival

I agree except to say that some teams fight and some capitulate. What Fulham have done is extremely timely and fight is ALL you'll get from them from now on in.  Cardiff? Wish we were playing them this week.  As for Sunderland, you saw the 'fight' they are offering first hand at your place.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #2730 on: February 24, 2014, 03:36:20 pm »
Yep.

Title talk to one side....

Let's say 76 points are needed for fourth. To get 76 points

Spurs need to win 8, draw 1, lose 2. (or better it obviously)

Form required would be something like the following...

Spurs v Cardiff
Chelsea v Spurs
Spurs v Arsenal
Spurs v Southampton
Liverpool v Spurs
Spurs v Sunderland
West Brom v Spurs
Spurs v Fulham
Stoke v Spurs
West Ham v Spurs
Spurs v Aston Villa

Everton need to get 31 points. 10 wins 1 draw. Therefore something like

Everton v West Ham
Everton v Cardiff
Everton v Swansea
Fulham v Everton
Everton v Arsenal
Sunderland v Everton
Everton v Man Utd
Southampton v Everton

Everton v Man City
Hull v Everton*
Newcastle vs Everton
(needs to be rearranged)

Man United would also require 31 points. So 10 wins. 1 draw.

West Brom v Man Utd
Man Utd v Liverpool
West Ham v Man Utd

Man Utd v Man City
Man Utd v Aston Villa
Newcastle v Man Utd
Man Utd v Hull
Everton v Man Utd
Man Utd v Norwich
Man Utd v Sunderland
Southampton v Man Utd

Liverpool require 6 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses to hit that 76 number.

Southampton vs Liverpool
Man Utd vs Liverpool
Cardiff vs Liverpool
Liverpool vs Sunderland
Liverpool vs Tottenham
West Ham vs Liverpool
Liverpool vs Man City
Norwich vs Liverpool
Liverpool vs Chelsea
Crystal Palace vs Liverpool
Liverpool vs Newcastle

Some might say the form listed above for Liverpool at 1.81 points per game is too kind. But then look at the runs the others would have to go on to match that.

Take the number down to 73 allowing for one more loss for all the teams, then study the form required by all teams again- just turn ONE of those massive runs of green wins, into a red loss.

But not only do they get afforded one loss (so Man U would need to go win 9, draw 1, lose 1), we could ALSO then lose to any other team bar Spurs themselves, and Tottenham would still need to go 7 wins, 2 draw 2 losses - 2.09 points per game giving them a run in total of 23 points and finishing on 73.  That's a 63% win ratio- Sherwood's current win ratio for Tottenham is 50% (in all comps I think though).

To get 73 we need 17 points.... 5 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses. Looking at our goal difference, then we can match a points total that any of the teams realistically can achieve and still finish ahead on goal difference, we have an extra 0.99 points than the table says.

Look at the run of fixtures they have. Think all of them will draw one more than I've suggested? Then that allows us another draw to our games.

Fuck it. I'm sticking my neck out. We'll finish fourth or higher, quote the shit out of me at the end of the season if we fail to do so.

Because if we don't, we won't deserve it and we'll have thrown it away. Which is what I think most of you are worried about rather than the perceived difficulty of our games. I watched this same team go to Chelsea/Man City - now we might have lost admittedly, but we gave them a game, we competed. We're looking at our fixtures are going on about the difficulty, but it's the Premier League, there are no easy games, everyone bar Southampton and Newcastle arguably have something to play for. Every team we are in the run in with, will have to play these so called teams with something to play for. Even at home, it's still a pitch, with two goals at either end- with teams battling to frustrate and get a point.

The fact we play Newcastle on the last day at home could also be of huge benefit to us come the end of the season- seeing as some of their players will have minds on the World Cup perhaps and they'll be stuck in mid table, perhaps not even able to move up a position.

What if 71 points makes fourth?

LFC can go 5 wins, 6 losses and make 71
THFC  can go 7 wins 4 losses and make 71
EFC and MUFC can go 8 wins 2 draws 1 loss to make 71

Thanks for doing this for me. I was just about to start the spreadsheet. I think no one wants to temp fate. I think we all want to dream. If we get through to the end of March with decent form having played United away and Spurs at home, then suddenly it becomes really exciting. Hopefully by then we'll have 4th wrapped up and it'll be all to play for with Chelsea and City at home.

It really is dull but lets get through the next game. We win, spurs and/or United lose and then 4th becomes increasingly certain and we can look upwards. Smash United at their's and we'll be buzzing, puts them in their place and kills any dream they have of grabbing 4th. We lose next week and Spurs win and then everyone gets nervous again.

How good is this season becoming??
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #2731 on: February 24, 2014, 03:36:36 pm »
United are going to have to beat Olympiacos, plus at least 3 of Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, Bayern, Dortmund, PSG, Atleti, 2 of them over 2 legs. That is one fucking big ask with their midfield and back four.

Moyes has managed a big result away in his entire managerial career, and has never led a team to a final. Rafa had won the UEFA  cup and 2 La Ligas before he came to us.

It's far more outlandish than Istanbul, which was in itself pretty incredible.

If they surprise me, it would be a real shame. Wenger deserves better...
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2732 on: February 24, 2014, 03:37:38 pm »
"11pts is probably somewhere between current form and worst case scenario (6pts)"

???

how have you come to that conclusion ?

we have won 6 and drawn 2 of our lasr 8,so current form states we will get more than 11 points.

we are the formteam in the league in 2014.

expect us to win atleast 5-6 of those games

Yes, current form suggest 16/24 but I genuinely that fixture list is full of banana skins so 11 would be my guess as I posted.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2733 on: February 24, 2014, 03:37:42 pm »
Just like Moyes and the bitters touching themselves after finishing 4th.
"No way the redshite will win the final against AC Milan!"
Bitters in the pub drinking champagne to celebrate at half time in 2005.
Look what happened.

Agree its highly unlikely but the footballing Gods are fickle and tricksy. Rather finish 3rd or above just to be on the safe side!

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2734 on: February 24, 2014, 03:37:47 pm »
Would anyone take 3rd if it was offered to us now? I'm probably in a minority based on this last page but I certainly would.

I wouldn't 'take' second, while first is still a possibility.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2735 on: February 24, 2014, 03:38:44 pm »
I am gonna lump some money on that, just in case, i would be devastated like fuck if that happened, might as well make a few bobs
24/1 on Betfair.

Fill your boots.

1.19 for Liverpool to finish fourth.
25.00 for Man U to win the Champions League

If the first is destined to fail, and the bottom is destined to happen also, then no reason not to get rich eh?

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2736 on: February 24, 2014, 03:39:35 pm »

It is vastly more outlandish, if they even manage to get past this round then they will need to beat 3 top quality sides and they just don't seem to give any indication that they could ever do that.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2737 on: February 24, 2014, 03:40:12 pm »
You can see them beating Bayern, Barca both Madrid teams and Dortmund?  :lmao

Dortmund are on a bad run aren't they? I'm not worried about United winning it but it's not inconceivable they could make the Semis and make us a bit twitchy. Bayern, Barca, Real and Chelsea would surely have the beating of them over 2 legs. PSG, Atletico and Dortmund 'should' do but you never know, their name might still be enough to intimidate certain teams (like it seemed to Leverkeusen). But all in all I'm not worried

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #2738 on: February 24, 2014, 03:40:15 pm »
I don't think they will catch us, but I can see them winning the Champions League and leaving us stranded in fourth.

Name your bet and i'll cover it. It won't happen.

It's no more outlandish than what happened in Istanbul

Yes, it is. We had a wonderful tactician and two-time La Liga winner presiding over our team. They have David Moyes.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #2739 on: February 24, 2014, 03:40:50 pm »
No chance of United winning the CL, they don't have the tools on the pitch or in the coaching staff. We had some decent players, and a great tactician for a manager, which gave us  a fighting chance.
Anyway I am thinking about third for a different reason. We would avoid Champions League qualification, go straight into the group stage.
More time for pre-season, less time focusing on two competitive games.

There's a few six pointers coming up among the three above us, so lots and lots can change. 

Offline xerxes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2740 on: February 24, 2014, 03:40:55 pm »
How? Really, how?

You see them beating, over two legs, a mix of Bayern, both Madrid sides, Barcelona, PSG and Chelsea?

No. I see them beating Olympiakos. Then getting a good draw like Zenit. Then beating someone good. Why not? They can ignore the league and rest players in a way that the Spanish or English teams can't. It's not at all inconceivable
Xerxes MBE

Offline professorj

• Main Stander
« Reply #2741 on: February 24, 2014, 03:41:23 pm »
It is vastly more outlandish, if they even manage to get past this round then they will need to beat 3 top quality sides and they just don't seem to give any indication that they could ever do that.

Tell you what, I wish Rivaldo was playing for Olympiakos as he was that night against us. Chris Smalling, new one freshly torn methinks...

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2742 on: February 24, 2014, 03:42:59 pm »
Just like Moyes and the bitters touching themselves after finishing 4th.
"No way the redshite will win the final against AC Milan!"
Bitters in the pub drinking champagne to celebrate at half time in 2005.
Look what happened.

Agree its highly unlikely but the footballing Gods are fickle and tricksy. Rather finish 3rd or above just to be on the safe side!
Of course its possible, and of course 3rd is better, but, really, they are far, far more likely to go out to Olympiacos than they are to win it.
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

Offline professorj

• Main Stander
« Reply #2743 on: February 24, 2014, 03:48:22 pm »
No. I see them beating Olympiakos. Then getting a good draw like Zenit. Then beating someone good. Why not? They can ignore the league and rest players in a way that the Spanish or English teams can't. It's not at all inconceivable

Put it this way, Olympiakos have more chance of lifting the CL trophy European Cup than that shower.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 03:51:03 pm by professorj »

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #2744 on: February 24, 2014, 03:48:44 pm »
24/1 on Betfair.

Fill your boots.

1.19 for Liverpool to finish fourth.
25.00 for Man U to win the Champions League

If the first is destined to fail, and the bottom is destined to happen also, then no reason not to get rich eh?

Eh we're 24/1 to fuck up and finish out of the top 4?

Offline I-was-watching-it-on-Sky

• Jiggerer Pokerer. He was watching, he was watching, he was watching it on Sky. He was watching it on Sky!
  • Kopite
  • We return to our place as football Royalty.
« Reply #2745 on: February 24, 2014, 03:48:47 pm »

Yeah right...!

Moyes...is going to win the CL at the first time of asking [don't bother mentioning a wee shot at the qualifying round...where they were bumped toot-sweet] with the brand of turgid football he specialises in...?

If that happens I'll get ma left nipple tattooed to look like a cat's arse....
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2746 on: February 24, 2014, 03:49:27 pm »
You see Zenit knocking Dortmund out?

The last 7sides left in with Olympiacos are likely to be Barca, Atleti, Madrid, Dortmund, Bayern, PSG and Chelsea. Even if United do surprise and knock out Olympiacos, there is not one of those sides I would give them a better than 25% chance of beating over two legs. They are likely to have to beat 3, even if they do, as I say, surprise us and beat Olympiacos.

What about Moyes' track record makes you think he might just pull off victories against 3 of those sides?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2747 on: February 24, 2014, 03:50:01 pm »

David Moyes.

Any other questions?

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2748 on: February 24, 2014, 03:50:46 pm »
David Moyes.

Any other questions?
Yes. Why just David Moyes? Why not their entire Back Four and Midfield?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2749 on: February 24, 2014, 03:51:45 pm »
Yes. Why just David Moyes? Why not their entire Back Four and Midfield?

Cause David Moyes is enough really. Everything else is just sprinkles and whipped cream.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2750 on: February 24, 2014, 03:53:42 pm »

David Moyes who hasn't won an away game against the top 4 in like 48 games? But can beat a good team?

United who got knocked out over 2 legs against Sunderland? But you really think they can knock out the best teams in Europe over 2 legs, who all have 100 times better managers?

Offline professorj

• Main Stander
« Reply #2751 on: February 24, 2014, 03:59:44 pm »
Sorry to continue the Man Utd theme in this thread but the use of the word 'inconceivable' by Xerxes reminded me of the Fulham match.

Yes, sure, in years gone by you could rely on them to pull something amazing out of the fire, I remember being stunned watching an excellent Juventus team get torn apart at OT, they would throw the kitchen sink at teams when up against it and any one of Giggs, Cantona, RVN, Ronaldo, Beckham, in whichever Fergie period would save them.  Maybe they'd be 0-2 down and end up 5-2 by the end.

What truly WAS inconceivable was something like what happened against Fulham in the closing stages. To me that really confirmed as reality what many Liverpool supporters would just really want to believe is true: that the longer Moyes is manager of our arch-rivals the faster they will disappear below us. 

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2752 on: February 24, 2014, 04:00:55 pm »
Find myself agreeing with some of the points in this article:
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/liverpool/id/2569?cc=5739

Especially the point that for the past 4 MOTDs, all the attention has been on our bad defending and every pundit saying that LFC won't win PL titles with such defense. It has an effect of removing pressure on Rodgers and the players of having to answer questions like "Are you title contenders" like other managers are. As long as we remain under the radar, and still win, it is fine by me.

Having such a porous defense means subconsciously, other teams might decide to attack instead of sitting back like they would against a team scoring 1 or 2 at most each game, playing into our hands and being forced to play the game at our tempo instead of theirs.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2753 on: February 24, 2014, 04:07:40 pm »
Fuck it

I've been on the train since TAW started it back in August with the Champions Elect. I'm properly believing that we can do it. I won't be devastated if we don't though because it's a bonus to be here now. I'm enjoying it all, breathing it all in and knowing that whatever happens we'll be stronger for it next season and next time

I get that funny feeling when I think about winning it. I can imagine it all so vividly that I can't help but believe. It's amazing, it's amazing being a Liverpool fan at the minute. Rafa made me believe and now Brendan is too and I can't thank him enough. Roll on May and whatever it may bring

YNWA

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2754 on: February 24, 2014, 04:08:58 pm »
For me, the game against Chelsea is the key game. At this point, I think we'll be playing it either to mathematically take 3rd at least, or we'll be playing it knowing that a win puts us in serious contention with two games to go.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline professorj

• Main Stander
« Reply #2755 on: February 24, 2014, 04:12:50 pm »
For me, the game against Chelsea is the key game. At this point, I think we'll be playing it either to mathematically take 3rd at least, or we'll be playing it knowing that a win puts us in serious contention with two games to go.

It's a pity in a way we have this new goal line technology cos I'd love to see the look on Mourinho's face when Daniel Sturridge (has to be) nicks one just over the line, or was it, the crowd are celebrating?  He must of course then suck his thumb, not dance.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2756 on: February 24, 2014, 04:14:22 pm »
For those worried about a late United rally, if we beat Southampton on Saturday it will take United out of commission once and for all. There will be 10 games left, they will need us to lose half of them, whilst winning all of their games, and they still have to play ourselves, City and Everton, and that's before we even think about any more Moyes catastrophies.

Having said that, if they get an easy draw in the CL quarters, I might begin to worry about the unthinkable.

Online Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #2757 on: February 24, 2014, 04:15:37 pm »
I think the fear of United stems simply from the fact that they are United.

They pulled off inconceivable things under Ferguson, but it's obvious they can't do that under Moyes. They haven't done it all season, so I'm not expecting them to win their final 11 games or even win the CL.

Of course the longer they linger in the CL the longer people will have reservations. But there really is no point in worrying about it right now.
YWNA

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2758 on: February 24, 2014, 04:15:53 pm »
Find myself agreeing with some of the points in this article:
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/liverpool/id/2569?cc=5739

Especially the point that for the past 4 MOTDs, all the attention has been on our bad defending and every pundit saying that LFC won't win PL titles with such defense. It has an effect of removing pressure on Rodgers and the players of having to answer questions like "Are you title contenders" like other managers are. As long as we remain under the radar, and still win, it is fine by me.

Having such a porous defense means subconsciously, other teams might decide to attack instead of sitting back like they would against a team scoring 1 or 2 at most each game, playing into our hands and being forced to play the game at our tempo instead of theirs.

To be fair the last four MotD have also drolled over our attacking.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2759 on: February 24, 2014, 04:17:34 pm »
David Moyes who hasn't won an away game against the top 4 in like 48 games? But can beat a good team?

United who got knocked out over 2 legs against Sunderland? But you really think they can knock out the best teams in Europe over 2 legs, who all have 100 times better managers?

To be fair I seem to remember people saying "how can a team with Djimi Traore, Igor Biscan, Jerzy Dudek etc, who lost to Burnley in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, finished 5th in the own league, go on to beat Leverkusen, Juventus, Chelsea and AC Milan.