Author Topic: Skiing Thread 2009/2010  (Read 815 times)

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Legacy Fan
  • At The End Of The Storm - Are we there yet??
Skiing Thread 2009/2010
« on: November 3, 2009, 07:33:07 pm »
OK time to open up this seasons skiing thread and give all us who are wealthy enough to go skiing the chance to brag about our wealth and generally feel good about our selves.

Alright that was a tad cynical, how about we just get each other reved up for the season with talk of locations, runs, equipment and a few nights to remember from the Apres ski closet.

I'll start the ball rolling- I've already bought my season pass for Copper Mountain in Summit County Colorado. Great deal i get 4 days at $30/day then another 4 days at $50/day. This resort is located in between Vail and either Keystone or Breckenridge depending on where you turn and so you have many many options. Snow is never really an issue compared to when i have skied in Europe. This area gets tons of snow but you have to get lucky to arrive just after or during a big dump of fresh powder.

Love this mountain the terrain difficulty is naturally separated so you have the beginners slopes on the right intermediate in the middle, black runs on the left and bowl (extreme) skiing at the top. They have free Cat access in one of the bowls or many tremendous runs are within a 15-40 minute hike from the top lifts.
Nothing really going in the evening but i stay in Dillon/Frisco area which is OK and you can always get a bus up to Breckenridge if you are up for a mad one.

I ended up skiing in Breckenridge this past January which is not my favourite mountain to ski but still had a great time on some rented Rossignol B3's. Very fun ski, stable at high speeds  ,very easy in the bumps but due to the width under foot it is hard to link quick radius turns together.

I just bought a pair of Dynastar Legend 8000's and I'm looking forward to getting out . I'm hoping to get up to Loveland Pass in December and give them a whirl.

Anyone else have their trip planned and anyone else making it out to Colorado this year?
« Last Edit: November 3, 2009, 07:35:07 pm by A Day 2 Remember »
5th times a charm

I want to read about a Welshman reclaiming our Kop and over engineering songs we have nicked. Priorities guys

Offline brunny

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Skiing Thread 2009/2010
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 10:57:59 am »
Anyone got any advice for a bag for skiing. My current one is a bit old with a slowly growing hole at the bottom. Preferably one that isn't too big.
http://game2.mafiadeath.com/r/35526.php
MafiaDeath Username: gabrown

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 05:34:49 pm »
Went skiing Sunday for the first time this season and a part from a few pains all was good .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 05:37:20 pm »

OK time to open up this seasons skiing thread and give all us who are wealthy enough to go skiing the chance to brag about our wealth and generally feel good about our selves.

I'll try the hill on Park Raod when I go to sign on next. Or maybe Childwall Valley Hill when I go to me nans to scav Sunday a roast.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 05:33:53 am »

Anyone else have their trip planned and anyone else making it out to Colorado this year?

might do at spring break, one of the options we're thinking of anyway. I'm skiing tomorrow on Mount Hood which is great as it's only an hour or son away from Portland and it's going to be nice and sunny tomorrow. I'm a proper european strictly on piste skier so I need to up my game to go bowl/back country skiing.

It is definitely much cheaper for gear and passes here than in europe which is a big advantage. the two drink rule in the bar though took me my surprise, I need about 4 before I hit my rhythm :D

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 07:52:56 am »
Had a couple of quality weekends skiing out here in Oz this season just gone. Doesn't really compare to European skiing, but still amazing that we get enough snow here to go skiing considering how hot it is most of the time!
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!