Author Topic: Champions League Semi-Finals: April 26th-27th  (Read 113237 times)

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
Re: Champions League Semi-Finals: April 26th-27th
« Reply #3840 on: April 28, 2011, 04:32:28 pm »
I reckon they'd go....

A  Rat

Peter Kay             Howard the duck   Joey Deacon         Arnold Jackson

Gordon Johns Sinclair    Baldrick    Imogen Thomas

Grange Hills Benny                                                     Remi Moses

Sloth Fratelli.

Subs - The Ref
           The Linesman
           The Other linesman
           The Fourth Official
           Brian Woolnough
;D Gary Neville has retired, and i can't recall him ever playing goalkeeper.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3841 on: April 28, 2011, 04:35:43 pm »
Seems like Real are facing about 5 charges from UEFA and Barca 1.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3842 on: April 28, 2011, 04:36:32 pm »
Following last night's UEFA Champions League semi-final first leg between Real Madrid CF and FC Barcelona, UEFA has opened the following disciplinary cases against the clubs.

The case against Real Madrid is in relation to the throwing of missiles, a pitch invasion, the red card shown to Pepe, the dismissal of coach José Mourinho, as well as the inappropriate statement given by Mr Mourinho to the media after the match (UEFA Disciplinary Regulations, Article 5 – Principles of conduct).

The case against Barcelona regards the red card administered to José Pinto.

Both cases will be heard by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body on Friday 6 May.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=1624556.html#disciplinary+cases+opened+against+real+madrid+barcelona

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline TheDpoLenz without the please like

• Loves to cream himself - but never on the face... cainarbatonmai
  • Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #3843 on: April 28, 2011, 04:40:02 pm »
This is why i'm not too arsed about Alves milking Pepe's challenge.  Just minutes before it:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JijkKt9qlL4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JijkKt9qlL4</a>

Pepe and maureen are 2 c*nts

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3844 on: April 28, 2011, 04:40:58 pm »
It will be interesting to hear what Barca have to say after their board meeting.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #3845 on: April 28, 2011, 04:45:29 pm »
This:

"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline TheDpoLenz without the please like

• Loves to cream himself - but never on the face... cainarbatonmai
  • Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #3846 on: April 28, 2011, 04:47:59 pm »
It will be interesting to hear what Barca have to say after their board meeting.

board meeting ????

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3847 on: April 28, 2011, 04:48:29 pm »
So that's a Uefa charge for dismissal, a Uefa charge for inappropriate post match comments, and a potential lawsuit from Barca for Jose.

More grist to the mill of his 'Fight the World and win the Jose Mourinho Way' crusade.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3848 on: April 28, 2011, 04:52:36 pm »
Why can't UEFA grow some bollocks and actually say that the real reason they are taking action is because of the diving, cheating and overall cuntishness of both teams, instead of saying they are investigating them because of red cards, etc.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3849 on: April 28, 2011, 04:58:14 pm »
This game, above anything I've seen before, just highlighted how good Messi is both as a player and a man. While Real were being fairly disgraceful and players like Pedro, Busquets and Alves were doing the same, he rose above it and scored one of the best goals this season whilst never diving or play acting. The best player I've seen in my lifetime.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3850 on: April 28, 2011, 05:15:46 pm »
This line of reasoning is completely bizarre. So you expected Alves to leave his leg in there so that Pepe (with his high foot and studs showing) could connect in order for it to be classed as a red card offence? What would have been the outcome for Alves' foot then? Ridiculous

There's nothing bizarre about it at all. The ball was there there to be won in what was pretty much a 50-50 challenge. Both players went in for the ball, Both players made contact with the ball and not with each other. Why the fuck is Dani Alves rolling around on the floor and then being taken off by a stretcher?

I'll tell you why - Because a lot of the Barcelona team are horrible cheating diving c*nts who get away with all kinds of shite because they play nice attractive football. Fair enough a lot of people here on RAWK seem to like them because of the way they play but for me it's hard to look past the antics we see time and time again.

They may be the best team on earth but they are also classless.....Obviously let's hope they twat Man Utd  8)

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
« Reply #3851 on: April 28, 2011, 06:15:23 pm »
Probably already been posted but a few of you defending Alves last night need to have a word with yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2oRXFRl6QE

How anyone can support stuff like this is beyond me. He went off on a stretcher for that  :o

Pathetic, as has been the general exhibition in these Barca vs Real matches, aside from the exhibition of diving, cheating, and whining...

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #3852 on: April 28, 2011, 06:15:26 pm »
There's nothing bizarre about it at all. The ball was there there to be won in what was pretty much a 50-50 challenge. Both players went in for the ball, Both players made contact with the ball and not with each other. Why the fuck is Dani Alves rolling around on the floor and then being taken off by a stretcher?

I'll tell you why - Because a lot of the Barcelona team are horrible cheating diving c*nts who get away with all kinds of shite because they play nice attractive football. Fair enough a lot of people here on RAWK seem to like them because of the way they play but for me it's hard to look past the antics we see time and time again.

They may be the best team on earth but they are also classless.....Obviously let's hope they twat Man Utd  8)

Put Alves reaction to the side for a minute (as that is a completely separate issue which is being conflated with this one), are you saying that it was not a foul? Is the dangerousness of the tackle judged by whether it connects or not? Are you saying that Pepe showing his studs and making such a high challenge is not dangerous?
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline Joni_L

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3853 on: April 28, 2011, 06:28:33 pm »
Put Alves reaction to the side for a minute (as that is a completely separate issue which is being conflated with this one), are you saying that it was not a foul? Is the dangerousness of the tackle judged by whether it connects or not? Are you saying that Pepe showing his studs and making such a high challenge is not dangerous?
It's a foul, not a red.

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3854 on: April 28, 2011, 06:39:45 pm »
It's a foul, not a red.

How do you figure that out? What would have been the likely outcome if Alves hadn't removed his leg? Would that sort of foul have been worthy of a yellow or red?
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3855 on: April 28, 2011, 06:42:30 pm »
I cant think of many managers who would GUARANTEE you success. Again people post on here about not wanting to win things under Mourinho as he would go against their principles of football then gleefully scamper off to the Arsenal thread to slag Wenger off for doing the same thing.

Err... what?... Mourinho or Wenger aren't the only alternatives - they're extremes of the spectrum. Wenger is not so much principled as suffering from football related OCD. I have no interest in a bunch of powder-puff fannies farting around and getting bullied by "the bigger boys" and I have no interest in a bunch of c*nts who cheat their way through games.

I liked Wenger's pre-2005 teams because they played proper football with a mixture of steel and skill. I've never liked Mourinho's teams because they are... as previously mentioned... a bunch of cheating c*nts. I wouldn't want either at Liverpool.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3856 on: April 28, 2011, 06:42:43 pm »
I thought the grass favoured Barcelona as well. In the first half it was pointing for them and! in the second as well. Did anyone see what went on?
Someone must of combed it when we were'nt looking.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3857 on: April 28, 2011, 06:48:33 pm »
How many teams are left in the 'Champions' League?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Spanish Fan

• Battles Babelfish Brilliantly
  • Legacy Fan
  • מגדל בבל
« Reply #3858 on: April 28, 2011, 07:07:54 pm »
A Spanish TV station erased a couple of frames to make it look like there was no contact on the Pepe challenge on Alves. Someone has noticed and posted this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4U4aujB8B4&feature=player_embedded
利物浦, 리버풀, Λίβερπουλ, リヴァプール, ليفربول, Liberpul

Offline Spanish Fan

• Battles Babelfish Brilliantly
  • Legacy Fan
  • מגדל בבל
« Reply #3859 on: April 28, 2011, 07:10:41 pm »
Probably already been posted but a few of you defending Alves last night need to have a word with yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2oRXFRl6QE

How anyone can support stuff like this is beyond me. He went off on a stretcher for that  :o

That video has been edited. They deleted a couple of frames.

利物浦, 리버풀, Λίβερπουλ, リヴァプール, ليفربول, Liberpul

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3860 on: April 28, 2011, 07:29:45 pm »
That video has been edited. They deleted a couple of frames.

Wow! That is absolutely shocking!

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
« Reply #3861 on: April 28, 2011, 07:31:21 pm »
A Spanish TV station erased a couple of frames to make it look like there was no contact on the Pepe challenge on Alves. Someone has noticed and posted this video.

And Madrid put it on their official site! Hahahahah

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3862 on: April 28, 2011, 07:53:16 pm »

Well well well...

Rafa Benitez

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3863 on: April 28, 2011, 07:54:02 pm »
Guardiola completely outclassed Mourinho both in the build up and during the match.

Just finished a blog post about this, would very much appreciate it if you took a look - http://lankyguyblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/guardiola-wins-battle-over-mourinho.html
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3864 on: April 28, 2011, 07:56:50 pm »
Guardiola completely outclassed Mourinho both in the build up and during the match.

Just finished a blog post about this, would very much appreciate it if you took a look - http://lankyguyblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/guardiola-wins-battle-over-mourinho.html

Interesting

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3865 on: April 28, 2011, 08:03:32 pm »
Was the alleged racism towards Alves from the Madrid crowd actually reported any where?

If it was, why the hell is that not being investigated.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3866 on: April 28, 2011, 08:03:41 pm »
From Redcafe:

:lmao :lmao :lmao getting their excuses in a bit earlier aren't they?

Why oh why oh why would anyone give Scholes the job of man marking Messi? I'm not even sure if man marking Messi is the way to go as it would just leave more space for the Barca midfield, not to mention Messi is pretty damn near impossible to man mark seeing as though he is so quick so clever and constantly all over the pitch. Scholes would die after 45minutes of constantly chasing Messi that's if he didn't get sent off in the process. If they are going to man mark Messi atleast do it with Fletcher which is only slightly better, Hargreaves would be ideal for them but that's never going to happen.

Is it safe to say the Manc's are shitting it then?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3867 on: April 28, 2011, 08:09:23 pm »

Alves bullshit aside (including edited video 8))

In my opinion the foul met this criteria of the ruleset -

Yellow Card

“Reckless” means that the player has acted with complete disregard to the
danger to, or consequences for, his opponent.
• A player who plays in a reckless manner must be cautioned

Playing in a dangerous manner is defined as any action that, while
trying to play the ball
, threatens injury to someone (including the player
himself).

If a player plays in a dangerous manner in a “normal” challenge, the
referee should not take any disciplinary action. If the action is made with
obvious risk of injury, the referee should caution the player.

As opposed to -

Red Card

“Using excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary
use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.
• A player who uses excessive force must be sent off

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality
against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

The challenge was reckless but it didn't involve excessive force or brutality.

Offline gjglen

• Boys Pen
« Reply #3868 on: April 28, 2011, 08:30:22 pm »
“Using excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary
use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.

Maybe I'm being soft but, to me, there was enough force to warrant a red.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:32:08 pm by gjglen »

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #3869 on: April 28, 2011, 08:35:13 pm »
Nah, I think Real were fair game for these kind of antics last night.

Mourinho set up his team to kick Barca off the park, Barca took advantage by using it as an excuse to dive around. If Real hadn't adopted such shithouse tactics then I'm sure Barca wouldn't have resorted to such shithouse tactics.
You are joking right? Barca dive on a very regular basis.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3870 on: April 28, 2011, 08:37:41 pm »
You are joking right? Barca dive on a very regular basis.

Pedro and Busquets being the biggest culprits there.

Offline Hibsred

• Anny Roader
  • The Manager who signs the ball twice
« Reply #3871 on: April 28, 2011, 08:45:02 pm »

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3872 on: April 28, 2011, 08:45:50 pm »
Pedro and Busquets being the biggest culprits there.
Alves too, but very few don't indulge to what I would consider excess. A friend of mine actually cites diving as the reason he dislikes football...and you know what? He has me stumped with that one. It's fucking pathetic and made even more so by the fact that both diving and the causes of diving could be stopped in a month if they just employed proper retroactive discipline and banned people for doing shithouse stuff missed by the referee.

Football without it being so easy to cheat, such a disadvantage not to go there, would be such a fucking brilliant, flowing, awesome sport. UEFA and FIFA and the FA are worse than the worst of every aspect of what we saw last night, because ultimately ALL of the shithousery comes from what they do and do not choose to punish. Which includes the racist chanting, if it turns out there was any.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3874 on: April 28, 2011, 08:48:46 pm »
Alves too, but very few don't indulge to what I would consider excess. A friend of mine actually cites diving as the reason he dislikes football...and you know what? He has me stumped with that one. It's fucking pathetic and made even more so by the fact that both diving and the causes of diving could be stopped in a month if they just employed proper retroactive discipline and banned people for doing shithouse stuff missed by the referee.

Football without it being so easy to cheat, such a disadvantage not to go there, would be such a fucking brilliant, flowing, awesome sport. UEFA and FIFA and the FA are worse than the worst of every aspect of what we saw last night, because ultimately ALL of the shithousery comes from what they do and do not choose to punish. Which includes the racist chanting, if it turns out there was any.

Alves has his moments, Pedro and Busquets are just completely blatant about it.
Agree though, it's something that could be cut out in a forced effort by UEFA/FIFA/FA but it's rewarded, condoned and as long as that's what's happening then nothing is going to change. There is no reason for a player to change his ways if what he does is working and not punished.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3875 on: April 28, 2011, 08:49:48 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWl-GziSGCo&feature=related

8)

Great vid, thanks for that. What a class act. But it's not representative of his team at all.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3876 on: April 28, 2011, 08:54:10 pm »
Alves has his moments, Pedro and Busquets are just completely blatant about it.
Agree though, it's something that could be cut out in a forced effort by UEFA/FIFA/FA but it's rewarded, condoned and as long as that's what's happening then nothing is going to change. There is no reason for a player to change his ways if what he does is working and not punished.
Yep, and the lack of punishment in fact leads to a situation where fair play is effectively punished. I've long felt that we miss out due to not surrounding pressuring refs, but even ignoring that, any team who chooses to try and fair play is quite clearly at a disadvantage, because cheating equally clearly brings such consequence free rewards. It's kind of like the proverbial police strike, only instead of striking, the police are simply taking their coin and not giving a fuck. The irony is that clean football would, given a little time, almost certainly be more popular than it is, even now. I mean, look at all the fans on here...how much more would we watch, especially of other teams, if there was less of this shit? How many more parents would bring a curious son or daughter if there was a good example being set? I find rugby an utterly shit sport to watch for the most part but listen to people talk about the atmosphere and respect in most games and I'm tempted to go myself.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3877 on: April 28, 2011, 08:58:52 pm »
Maybe I'm being soft but, to me, there was enough force to warrant a red.

That's fair enough but this wasn't even a yellow a week earlier. Obviously different Ref's but even so -

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3878 on: April 28, 2011, 09:01:10 pm »
Y2J

Say what you like about the Mancs, but we never go that low with them, nor with Everton, that doesn't happen in Italy with Juventus & Inter and even Roma & Lazio, who BTW have political differences like Real & Barca, this doesn't happen with Boca & River, you name the derby and I can tell you the two teams and their players never stuck this low, the sad thing is, most of those on the pitch last night were team mates in their national teams.

Replying to this from the locked thread - Galatasaray vs Fenerbahce is much worse than Barca/Real.

When both teams are competing for the title headbutts/punches do the talking + fans will throw an ocean supply of water bottles and even a beer bottle almost hit someone last time.
Yeah you got that right mate, that maybe the only derby where things get uglier than what has happened with the Classico, but IMO players at least don't come out with the shit that we saw in the past two weeks IMO.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline stoop

• Main Stander
« Reply #3879 on: April 28, 2011, 09:21:50 pm »
I'm not sure if you were actually asking this tongue in cheek?

I bet you can't find a video of a United player going down clutching his face when he'd been hit somewhere else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prncWfmTQqE

I also bet you can't find an incident of United surrounding the ref with all 11 players including the keeper after such a relatively nothing incident.

(Not quite 11 - but you lot are renown for hounding refs)

Or a United player kicking the ball at some fans on purpose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub842qIfVZQ

I couldn't find any of those incidents. Not within about one minute of Googleing. Nope not one.