Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1514991 times)

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #7800 on: January 19, 2017, 12:07:33 pm »
was so cold yesterday and the atmosphere in our end was awful as others have said. Quite a few empty spaces in 22 and was next to a guy in the first half who was more busy staring at Stevie in the TV box than supporting the team and didnt sing one song all first half.

knew it was going to be shite when you see the amount of spares going around.

Hopefully not. I'd guess it was more to do with it being 6 hours away on a Tuesday night. Credit hunters selling their tickets to people that wouldn't normally get to an away game. The ones going to the game aren't to blame. The ones selling the tickets are.

partially agree with you there mate, but if you attend a game, least you should do is sing a couple of songs and support the team. I dont blame anyone taking a picture or video here and there but to be constantly doing it for 90 mins and not supporting the team which should be the main purpose of going to the game which is wrong in most regulars opinion
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7801 on: January 19, 2017, 03:03:15 pm »
I'd sit on the fence a bit more. They're not to blame for wanting tickets to watch and not buying them from the club. They are certainly to blame for not following traditions and regular fan behavior.

I only really go to away games close to me and when I do I don't get the tickets directly from the club. (Usually off here in truth) When I do though, I don't use my phone or sit down or get half and half scarfs etc. Apart from my accent you'd think I was a regular. (hopefully)

If it wasn't for those ready to pay over the odds then there would be no touts. The supply and the demand are both to blame and take tickets out the hands of regular match goers

I don't have an issue with people getting tickets face value off others
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #7802 on: January 19, 2017, 03:51:18 pm »
Anyone that went last night confirm whether PA boo'd YNWA @ 25 mins?
Sounded like they did,would like to be wrong on this tho.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7803 on: January 19, 2017, 04:09:35 pm »
Anyone that went last night confirm whether PA boo'd YNWA @ 25 mins?
Sounded like they did,would like to be wrong on this tho.

I thought that too, straight after the minute's applause for the lad who died.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Aldo96

• Anny Roader
  • Scousers Rule The Country - Kop STH
« Reply #7804 on: January 19, 2017, 05:12:25 pm »

I don't think they grasped the point of us singing YNWA there, was very strange.
Liverpool is a soul mate, you can never fall out of love.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7805 on: January 19, 2017, 05:12:39 pm »

I heard the boos and personally I don't think the section of Plymouth fans grasped or registered that we were singing it as a mark of respect to the lad that died.

I think they thought the minutes applause and respect for the lad was over and it was back to business as usual goading opposition fans.

I honestly don't think the Plymouth fans realised our rendition of YNWA was a continuation of the show of respect.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #7806 on: January 19, 2017, 05:41:55 pm »
I don't think they grasped the point of us singing YNWA there, was very strange.
exactly this , was watching it last night and when we sang it, it was for the lad, not for supporting the team.  Their fans replied with ARGYLE chants immediately.
Thought to myself, they really don't get who we are and how we do things, as football supporters we are world famous, not just for our teams famous victories, but our fans humour, support, defiance, class and most of all that connection of empathy.  Yes we are a hard bunch but we are also soft in we recognise the plight of others, It makes us diffferent, it makes us Liverpool FC so special.  Unfortunately this lot just didnt get our gesture.  I mean evergy fcuker knows we only sing YNWA @before the game and when we are closing out a game :)

Ahh well , says a lot when if that was a european game against a non english opposition the gestured and chant would have been recieved as it was meant.  Strange that on our own soil our gesture was not warmly recieved.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7807 on: January 19, 2017, 05:54:17 pm »
Was there and it was quite significant booing. They just don't get it inspite of the solid applause and banner. Go on PASOTI for a look at their viewpoint.  Noteworthy that they think our fans are shite because we coudn't crank up a European atmosphere for their visit to Anfield and were generally quiet last night!  Makes it even more remarkable that on the one occasion we did sing loudly (YNWA) they just didn't get it! 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 06:30:42 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7808 on: January 19, 2017, 07:06:54 pm »
Was there and it was quite significant booing. They just don't get it inspite of the solid applause and banner. Go on PASOTI for a look at their viewpoint.  Noteworthy that they think our fans are shite because we coudn't crank up a European atmosphere for their visit to Anfield and were generally quiet last night!  Makes it even more remarkable that on the one occasion we did sing loudly (YNWA) they just didn't get it!

I had a look on PASOTI. Mostly clueless posting, but a few did seem to understand what context is.

I was well pissed off with their booing last night but today I just think they were clueless and ignorant. They simply did not understand the gesture, despite it being pretty clear.  ::)  As has already been suggested; I don't think they have a clue of the ethos of LFC fans and how we do things.

Apart from being noisy, I thought their fans were shite. Awful, generic lower leage drivel.
Of course they will be noisy. It was one of the biggest games in their history. In contrast, for LFC it was a run of the mill early rounds cup game where you basically field your reserve side. They say that view is arrogant, but it's not, it's simply the reality of the situation. You have to understand the context of it.

Interesting what PAUL G said about how the YNWA gesture would probably have been received had the opposition been European (or dare I say, English but a bit more aware). They would no doubt have not only got it, but joined in with it too. Mind you, it highlights just how LFC and its fanbase are often willfully or ignorantly misunderstood here in our own country. Says more about them than us, though.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #7809 on: January 19, 2017, 07:22:11 pm »
Be arsed singing for fans of other clubs to be honest.

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #7810 on: January 19, 2017, 08:15:50 pm »

I actually cringe when I hear what the Geordies have done to our wonderful Rafa song. That’s another song that I would have loved to hear even after Rafa left us

Can't wait for this to get an airing when the toons play us in the league next season. Jurgen is the MAN but I still unashamedly love Rafa, deep down.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #7811 on: January 19, 2017, 08:24:09 pm »
Can't wait for this to get an airing when the toons play us in the league next season. Jurgen is the MAN but I still unashamedly love Rafa, deep down.

How I hear it
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #7812 on: January 19, 2017, 08:52:36 pm »
Been reading some of the posts on PASOTI, they seem to be a decent fan base.

They seem to be proper disappointed with our away fans. Like it's already been pointed out loads of tourists in the away end was probably the reason!

It amazes me how many people are disappointed by the silent kop. Don't they watch our home games on tv!!!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #7813 on: January 19, 2017, 09:13:50 pm »

They seem to be proper disappointed with our away fans. Like it's already been pointed out loads of tourists in the away end was probably the reason!

Naah, more like a load of too long in the tooth, 50 and 60 year old fella's who've seen it and done it before and just go for the match, for the match.  You don't get to a silly amount of credits and get to go regularly and have the time, lack of responsibilities, addiction to going 'the game' and a reasonable amount of disposable wealth, to go everywhere home and away - by chance you know.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Beerbelly

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7814 on: January 19, 2017, 09:43:12 pm »
Where did he mention aways?

the title of the thread may give a small clue.

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #7815 on: January 20, 2017, 06:28:59 pm »
Can tell you exactly how relaxed and not up for it our fans were on Wednesday.
Bloke behind us singing 'oh when the reds go walking in'

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7816 on: January 20, 2017, 11:09:23 pm »
Naah, more like a load of too long in the tooth, 50 and 60 year old fella's who've seen it and done it before and just go for the match, for the match.  You don't get to a silly amount of credits and get to go regularly and have the time, lack of responsibilities, addiction to going 'the game' and a reasonable amount of disposable wealth, to go everywhere home and away - by chance you know.

I am 53 and as up for it as I was when I was 16.   It is about attitude not age.  That being said there are a load of miserable fuckers aged 50+ and we do need to get youth into the ground.  Imagine 204, 205 and 206 full of Scouse 15-25yr olds giving it loads together with 125 and 126 being a seething mass of young Scousers.    Get this right and I will retire to 208 and let the kids take the lead.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7817 on: January 20, 2017, 11:12:36 pm »
Can tell you exactly how relaxed and not up for it our fans were on Wednesday.
Bloke behind us singing 'oh when the reds go walking in'

He was right, we were trying to walk it in
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7818 on: February 10, 2017, 05:22:36 pm »
Anyone on here on that Train home back to Liverpool on Saturday from Hull that stopped in Leeds?

Big gang of scousers blasting out the tunes.  'I fought the law' by the Clash came on.

Whole carriage singing "We fought the Hull..and... the Hull won"

Cheered everyone up a bit at the time :)

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7819 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:03 pm »
Poor fuckers, did their best. Team let them down massively.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #7820 on: February 27, 2017, 10:16:54 pm »
Poor fuckers, did their best. Team let them down massively.

Club should offer to refund them after that.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
« Reply #7821 on: February 27, 2017, 11:03:51 pm »
Club should offer to refund them after that.

No they shouldn't.

Offline Sam Speakman

• Boys Pen
« Reply #7822 on: February 27, 2017, 11:07:32 pm »
Long time lurker first time poster blah blah.

Am a regular at away games and tonight was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. Someone on row FF before their third goal went in was singing, yes singing, that Lucas was shit and couldn't pas out from the back. This was until some lad grabbed him by the throat and told him what's what. Fucking tourist prick. Good luck to the lad that collocated him.

Anyone else see this?

Other than that fans were flat both in the pub, concourse before and during the game.

Online Max999

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7823 on: February 27, 2017, 11:24:06 pm »
No they shouldn't.

Correct. Don't get the shout that we should get our money back after a defeat.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #7824 on: February 28, 2017, 12:00:53 am »

Am a regular at away games and tonight was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. Someone on row FF before their third goal went in was singing, yes singing, that Lucas was shit and couldn't pas out from the back. This was until some lad grabbed him by the throat and told him what's what. Fucking tourist prick. Good luck to the lad that collocated him.

Anyone else see this?

Other than that fans were flat both in the pub, concourse before and during the game.
Small bit of singing pre game but the fare Liverpool served up made it impossible to get any sustained singing going.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #7825 on: February 28, 2017, 01:33:34 am »
Small bit of singing pre game but the fare Liverpool served up made it impossible to get any sustained singing going.

It could have been decent if we started well, but we didn't.

Felt horrendous that we were singing the Lucas song as Vardy was played in.

It was pretty decent for 10 minutes at 3-0 and 3-1 if not amazing, but petered out much like the teams performance.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7826 on: February 28, 2017, 01:56:17 am »

Anyone else see this?

Didn't see that but they were a lot, a fucking lot, of people slagging various players...Can you're a c*nt, milner you're shite, Lucas blah blah. Really wore me down.

Added to that was a Brummy behind me talking all game about his fucking bets, and he had 4-1 Leicester to win. When the Leicester lad (can't remember who) knocked it over from the Mahrez cut back he was actually gutted, moaning how he should have finished it and cost him 2 ton. In the away end for fucks sake.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7827 on: February 28, 2017, 07:22:31 am »
Didn't see that but they were a lot, a fucking lot, of people slagging various players...Can you're a c*nt, milner you're shite, Lucas blah blah. Really wore me down.

Added to that was a Brummy behind me talking all game about his fucking bets, and he had 4-1 Leicester to win. When the Leicester lad (can't remember who) knocked it over from the Mahrez cut back he was actually gutted, moaning how he should have finished it and cost him 2 ton. In the away end for fucks sake.

Then there was that twat behind us calling Schmeichel a Munich c*nt every time he touched the ball as well. Same one who snagged off all the players for the whole fucking game.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7828 on: February 28, 2017, 07:34:33 am »
Can't fault the away support - even when down you could hear pockets of noise and cheering the boys on. Loud shouts for penalties, they sounded very good.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #7829 on: February 28, 2017, 09:20:12 am »
Then there was that twat behind us calling Schmeichel a Munich c*nt every time he touched the ball as well. Same one who snagged off all the players for the whole fucking game.
Was that the bellend who kept talking about him and his dad taking him on in a straightener? I knew we would lose as soon as he started annoying me first half. Absolute weirdo.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7830 on: February 28, 2017, 10:10:51 am »
Was that the bellend who kept talking about him and his dad taking him on in a straightener? I knew we would lose as soon as he started annoying me first half. Absolute weirdo.

It was an old fella. Spent a good 1/3rd of the game ranting about Michael Oliver and calling him a fraud/phoney. The other 2/3rds slagging off our players and calling them frauds/phoneys

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #7831 on: February 28, 2017, 12:24:20 pm »
Could have been a great away last night! Lots of half and halfs in our end though. Heard some blokes talk utter shite most of the game shouting at most of Leciester players calling them 'Judas'

Anyone see any trouble in the counting house? We left but mates said a gang of lads came and wanted a scrap

Allez Allez Allez

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #7832 on: February 28, 2017, 02:17:16 pm »

I know we had a poor game but what's the point of getting on the players backs! We can all have a rant on the forum but at the match you have a chance to be heard...support the players at all times

Watching at home I thought the away end sounded decent at times. It is difficult getting a song going in that type of situation but no one should be shouting at the players!!

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7833 on: February 28, 2017, 02:17:34 pm »
It was an old fella. Spent a good 1/3rd of the game ranting about Michael Oliver and calling him a fraud/phoney. The other 2/3rds slagging off our players and calling them frauds/phoneys

We was directly infront of him, all he done was moan all fucking game about anything he could.

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #7834 on: February 28, 2017, 03:30:24 pm »
I'm not messing, I seen a fella with a stone island coat and half n half scarf on  :o
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #7835 on: February 28, 2017, 04:04:17 pm »

Was 2 seats from him. Fucker moaned the whole game

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #7836 on: February 28, 2017, 04:20:22 pm »
Poor last night .. seen 2 idiots leaving on the 78th min & asking the stewards to take a pic of them (smiling) before they left .. few lads had a word with them so they left very swiftly

These type of people creeping in to aways saddens me

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7837 on: February 28, 2017, 05:08:23 pm »
Poor last night .. seen 2 idiots leaving on the 78th min & asking the stewards to take a pic of them (smiling) before they left .. few lads had a word with them so they left very swiftly

These type of people creeping in to aways saddens me

Becoming more of a full blooded charge than a creep, they are everywhere, behind you, either side, in front.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #7838 on: February 28, 2017, 07:37:23 pm »
Becoming more of a full blooded charge than a creep, they are everywhere, behind you, either side, in front.
been like this for a while, welcome to modern football where cash is king, modern day football muppet followers with fat wallets take priority and have found their place in the working mans game and this is how they roll.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7839 on: February 28, 2017, 07:40:28 pm »
been like this for a while, welcome to modern football where cash is king, modern day football muppet followers with fat wallets take priority and have found their place in the working mans game and this is how they roll.

There's a working man somewhere that's selling them.