Author Topic: Why we should keep Lucas?  (Read 265112 times)

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
Re: Why we should keep Lucas?
« Reply #760 on: January 7, 2011, 03:04:56 am »
Batalha Dos Aflitos -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjXG87Yw4ys

Anderson, wow. You can see longlocked Lucas in there as well. This game is CRAZY.

Wow. Now, notwithstanding the fact that the original decision was wank, the Gremio players were, indeed, trying to physically intimidate the referee. And he red-carded enough for them to "calm down, calm down"  :wave
Ludi Circenses!

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #761 on: January 7, 2011, 03:07:25 am »

Anderson, wow. You can see longlocked Lucas in there as well. This game is CRAZY.

That was fucking crazy, the ref was blatantly bought and Anderson never fucking scores! Haha
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #762 on: January 7, 2011, 04:45:41 am »
He seems to be one of the only players (barring Pepe and usually Stevie) that gives his all every single week.
He's had to fight for his spot, even with the magical midfield that we used to have and is now proving to be one of our most valuable players.
Has held the midfield together this season (along with Raul) and has come along in leaps and bounds in his ability to hold the ball and hit passes.
His vision his greatly improved and in response to the thread title, the reason he should be kept is because he seems to be one of the few players who still wears the shirt with pride and gives his all on the pitch every single match.
His development has been one of the very few things that have been good under Hodgson's reign - although that could be put down to the development in previous seasons under Rafa.
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #763 on: January 7, 2011, 04:49:36 am »
As much as I love Lucas I have to disagree with you there.

He's come a long way, and he'll go on to be something quite special I'm sure - but fitting into Barca's midfield at his current level is a bit of a joke.

He doesn't have the footwork nor the dynamism to go past players or twist his way out of tight corners. His delivery, while precise and deliberate, still lacks improvisation. He also still lacks the ability to dictate the tempo of the match, as well as the mentality to finish the golden chances he gets when he makes smart runs into the area. His technique in general is also quite poor, which can easily be seen when he takes a corner or a freekick.

As I said, he's a very good player, and he'll get even better...but he's got quite a ways to go before you can justify him fitting into a Barca side.

No, I don't think its a joke. I am stating I strongly believe, a team like an Arsenal or a Barcelona would snap Lucas if he was ever available because of what he brings to the middle of the park. And I stand by that.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: January 7, 2011, 05:06:42 am »
Villarreal are thought to be after him, and I think they play some of the best football in Spain.  Footballing teams know quality when they see Lucas...

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: January 7, 2011, 06:01:27 am »
Lucas would be fine in barca's midfield in the position occupied by sergio busquets.

Does anyone really think busquets is better than Lucas? Because he's not. He benefits from always having a pass available to him so he simply just has to make sure he knows where his teammates are so he can move it along as soon as he receives it.

Lucas rarely has the opportunity to play a one touch pass because the movement in our side is horrible and the only ones that really present for a pass are maxi, torres, stevie, Raul. Most of the time Lucas has to carry the ball and look for a good pass. He's not gonna just release the ball if its too risky especially when he is charged with maintaining possession. If Lucas tried as many risky passes as stevie he would be crucified.

Also, to the guy that wanted Lucas to be more direct around the box. I think the reason He plays it out wide is because he has to cover the defense so he doesn't want to lose while the cbs are unprotected.

I guess there always will be a few who will not like a player.

If u don't think he is a good player then u don't really understand continental football. It's ok, you're opinion is shared by the majority of English fans and the FA. It must be why England is doing so well in international competition.

I'm just glad smarter football people don't share ur opinions because they are so narrowminded and uneducated. They lack depth and any ral insight. so u want him to be mor attacking, I get that but if he were to follow ur advice it would hurt the team because it would lose its balance and shape and we would be taken apart.

and honestly, the player u guys love so much, xabi, said in the conversation with molby that English fans don't understand or appreciate the short passes and their importance.

so that's a player everyone reveres and admires and he is coming down on the side of Lucas.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #766 on: January 7, 2011, 07:00:18 am »
Villarreal are thought to be after him, and I think they play some of the best football in Spain.  Footballing teams know quality when they see Lucas...

Sorry but Vilerreal are not a top team in Europe.

Offline cathy-lfc-taff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: January 7, 2011, 07:27:08 am »
Thanks for that mulhergremista, I always enjoy your posts about Lucas, very interesting.
I wish my balls were as big as Dirk's.

Offline MaschHead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: January 7, 2011, 07:59:40 am »

They are a top team in Spain though and have had quite good results in Europe. Then again, are we a top team in Europe?

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: January 7, 2011, 08:31:53 am »

Villareal are in the top half of their league which is ranked as one of the top 3 leagues in the world. And where are we currently sitting?

« Last Edit: January 7, 2011, 08:33:27 am by Mad Men »
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #770 on: January 7, 2011, 08:54:43 am »
Poor technique? Lucas? never thought i'd see those words in the same sentence. Can't twist his way out of tight corners? i doubt his constant high passing rate percentage occurred through not just being pressurised on the ball.

Lucas is a pass and move player. He doesn't need to do half of the things you described, if he were to play in the Barca team. Control the tempo, that's Xavi's job, finishing is Messi/Villa/Iniesta/Pedro's job, set pieces, Xavi/Alves will be taking them.

You also need to consider the affects playing in a successful, football playing team will have on him. Much like Busquets, i believe he has the talent to transform into an incredible player when playing in the correct environment.

Don't mean to be pedantic but there's a difference between fitting into a Barcalona midfield vs fitting into Busquet's role in a Barcelona midfield. That's quite a limited role to be honest (in comparison to those around him) and there's quite a few players who could do it well. Coincidentally though, Pep doesn't seem to think Mascherano is one of them which says something about the importance of Busquets role and his quality.

Don't get me wrong, I rate the lad and am looking forward to his development...but right now I think it's quite obvious that he's got a long way to go before you can put him in the same company as defensive / holding midfielders from sides like Barcelona.

"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: January 7, 2011, 09:05:07 am »
Don't mean to be pedantic but there's a difference between fitting into a Barcalona midfield vs fitting into Busquet's role in a Barcelona midfield. That's quite a limited role to be honest (in comparison to those around him) and there's quite a few players who could do it well. Coincidentally though, Pep doesn't seem to think Mascherano is one of them which says something about the importance of Busquets role and his quality.

Don't get me wrong, I rate the lad and am looking forward to his development...but right now I think it's quite obvious that he's got a long way to go before you can put him in the same company as defensive / holding midfielders from sides like Barcelona.

Of course he would be doing busquets role, no midfielder in the world could replace xavi or iniesta. But they are able to play like that because they know they always have support. When aquilani came into the team last year Lucas' performances improved as well because AA took it upon himself to make sure player always had a pass. Maxi joining was also really big for us and it made us fat more fluid and we were passing teams off the park.

And I believe the reason why Masch is not being played is simply because hes purely a defensive midfielder and adds nothing to the attack whereas busquets moves the ball forward and is very efficient. Aside from masch's defensive qualities he really isn't that good at anything else.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline hedger

• ows
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: January 7, 2011, 09:08:10 am »
Lucas would be fine in barca's midfield in the position occupied by sergio busquets.

Does anyone really think busquets is better than Lucas? Because he's not. He benefits from always having a pass available to him so he simply just has to make sure he knows where his teammates are so he can move it along as soon as he receives it.

Lucas rarely has the opportunity to play a one touch pass because the movement in our side is horrible and the only ones that really present for a pass are maxi, torres, stevie, Raul. Most of the time Lucas has to carry the ball and look for a good pass. He's not gonna just release the ball if its too risky especially when he is charged with maintaining possession. If Lucas tried as many risky passes as stevie he would be crucified.

Also, to the guy that wanted Lucas to be more direct around the box. I think the reason He plays it out wide is because he has to cover the defense so he doesn't want to lose while the cbs are unprotected.

I guess there always will be a few who will not like a player.

If u don't think he is a good player then u don't really understand continental football. It's ok, you're opinion is shared by the majority of English fans and the FA. It must be why England is doing so well in international competition.

I'm just glad smarter football people don't share ur opinions because they are so narrowminded and uneducated. They lack depth and any ral insight. so u want him to be mor attacking, I get that but if he were to follow ur advice it would hurt the team because it would lose its balance and shape and we would be taken apart.

and honestly, the player u guys love so much, xabi, said in the conversation with molby that English fans don't understand or appreciate the short passes and their importance.

so that's a player everyone reveres and admires and he is coming down on the side of Lucas.

Yes I do - by some considerable distance

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: January 7, 2011, 09:14:29 am »

No, I don't think its a joke. I am stating I strongly believe, a team like an Arsenal or a Barcelona would snap Lucas if he was ever available because of what he brings to the middle of the park. And I stand by that.
He'd be good at Arsenal, and would probably take a regular place (Song is a decent player though), but would he ahead of Busquets? Don't think so. He is the type of player Barcelona could use, perhaps more so than Mascherano (would've been a more versatile, cheaper signing for their bench too), but he's isn't at the level of their regular starting players. And I'm not sure he would develop into one either, Busquets is younger isn't he?

Nice post, Menezes seems like a very good coach for this new generation of Brasilian players. I hope they do well in 2014.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: January 7, 2011, 10:07:53 am »

People are damning him for not being superhuman in one aspect or another. The reason why I pointed to Shankly's quotes in the level 3 thread is because people are looking for players who are impressively brilliant. That's the wrong direction to look. Rather than comparing Lucas with the best players in the world and saying he lacks in something, people should be looking to fill the squad with as many all-round and technically capable players with good mentality as possible. Should the team be built around Lucas with him as the key player? No, the team shouldn't be built around any player like that. What should happen is the club should fill the squad with as many players like Lucas as possible. Have enough of them, and Shankly's vision of the team playing for each in a coherent system, with the game kept simple at ground level yet sophisticated on an overall level.

People should read those quotes until they understand them. If they're still hankering for star players, they don't understand the Liverpool way of playing football.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Lark

• Main Stander
« Reply #775 on: January 7, 2011, 11:02:48 am »
The reason why I pointed to Shankly's quotes in the level 3 thread is because people are looking for players who are impressively brilliant.

A little bit OT, but could you link which thread you're refearing to. I can't seem to find it.

Offline MaschHead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: January 7, 2011, 11:04:42 am »
A little bit OT, but could you link which thread you're refearing to. I can't seem to find it.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=225239.0 :)

Offline Lark

• Main Stander

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: January 7, 2011, 11:10:17 am »
Lucas is boss, just needs a decent manager to aid his development. Rocky start at the club (especially as he was used as a stick to beat Rafa with by the morons employed by sky and those who hang on their every word) but the lad has shown character to come through it and now looks one of our better players. Is currently playing in a team bereft of any confidence with all the life and technique sucked out of them by Hodgson and kelly. If hodgson stays will probably be sold off so he can buy Dempsey or Ireland.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: January 7, 2011, 01:14:28 pm »
Do you also post at TIA, mate?
What suggests to you that he does? The fact that he doesn't buy into your own view on the player?
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: January 7, 2011, 01:33:02 pm »
What suggests to you that he does? The fact that he doesn't buy into your own view on the player?

No. Just that the vast majority of posters who are from TIA don't have a very good rep for the most part on ere.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: January 7, 2011, 03:35:43 pm »

Right...because that's exactly what I said...top team in Europe.

Only team that plays more attractive football than them in Spain, is Barca IMO...

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #782 on: January 7, 2011, 03:38:47 pm »
Kill the humourless

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: January 7, 2011, 03:43:28 pm »

And then you wonder why Lucas always stays calm and positive. For a brasilian who experienced games like that when very young this whole Liverpool drama must looking like some sort of kindergarten or something.

By the way, didn´t know he played together with Anderson...
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #784 on: January 7, 2011, 03:56:46 pm »
Wow, 7 v 11 !!!

No wonder Lucas doesn't get irate when left in the midfield on his own for us!!!!
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: January 7, 2011, 04:06:00 pm »
This is something I would like to reply to as I am sick of listening to this nonsense.

When Rafa got the Inter job I was happy for him as finally I thought he would get a chance to manage a ready made team. But the moment the season started and I realised Inter bought only 2 youngsters and nothing else I immediately knew he was screwed, and  true enough.

However if you actually followed Inter in the first few games of the season before the injuries you'd know that Inter had one of it's best ever start in terms of goals conceded since 99. Then all hell broke loose.

The reason I knew he was screwed was simple. Shanks and  Bob Paisley had already spelled it out way back then.

One of the secrets of Liverpool's longevity at the top, especially since Bob, is the the fact that wherever we finished back then we always bought new players, always! Not just to replace outgoing players but actually further strengthen the squad. And this was during the days of 1 substitution and no rotation. Almost always we were doing it from a position of strength. This unwritten rule of our success was probably learnt from Shanks fallow 7 year period when he persisted with the same players for far too long and found success again after replacing those aging  heroes.

When we did the double in 77 we went on to buy Kenny for a record fee and Souey the next season and retained the European Cup. When we won the Euro again in 81 we had on our books the most expensive teenager in world football in Rush and Grob and supplemented the squad with Lawro and Nicol the next season, players who were the backbone of Fagan's treble season. Under Kenny, when we did our first League and cup double, it was only after we bought Barnes and Beardo in 87 that we further extended our dominance having had net spend of -ve 2mil the season after the double.

In world football very very few teams have gone on to do a treble. We did it twice, Man U, Barca (6 in fact) and Inter. Of all these teams only Man U and Barca have gone on to win the league, so far at least. When we did the treble in 84 our net spend for the next season was almost nil and we won zilch. After the treble in 01 we broke even in the market and only came in 2nd, close but no cigar. But for the 99-00 season, Man U's net spend was about 8 mil, or about 20 mil in today's market and won the league again. Barca spent 70 mil Euro on Ibra and sent Eto' to Inter.  After winning the league again they sold Ibra and got in Villa.

Compare that to Inter and you should be able to see the picture. In fact, both teams that contested the European cup last season did not buy big this season and both have suffered greatly this season. Bayern have only now climbed the table having started extremely poorly due to.... ta da! injuries to key players. Then there's Chelsea who only bought Ramires and Benni this season after doing the double last season and look where they are.

Given these circumstances it's hardly surprising that Rafa was adamant about buying new players every season when he was with us, and this too not from a position of strength. To challenge for the title we needed more players and the same went for Inter, who probably had promised him some signings and reneged later on. One of the reasons we were so poor last season was because the horrific injury list not only prevented us from playing our best players it also stopped Rafa from rotating the squad and freshening it for the final push.  Coupled that with the negative net spend we had the perfect storm last season. The same thing has happened to him at Inter.. No one bats an eyelid when Barca and Man U strengthen after winning titles and cups but when Rafa demands improvement and new players for Liverpool, having coming so close to the title, or for Inter, to maintain their dominance he is accused of being greedy and controlling. To maintain your dominance in any field you have to be a step ahead of your rivals and always demanding improvement. When asked what his hopes are for the new year, Tiger Woods answers would always be the same every year. "I want to be better than last year". I'm going out on a limb here but could that be the reason for his dominance and making him one of the best to ever play the game of golf?

According to reports the pace of football these days is 20pc faster than it was back then and players play almost 30pc more than their predecessors. It's also why rotation is so vital in today's game. With the demands of winning being such and the pressure almost incessant it's hardly surprising that players are injured so easily hence the need for new blood every season. Obviously there are many reasons that go into winning anything but when all else is equal it's the little details that make a difference, or in some cases tens of millions of pounds. That I could tell beforehand that Rafa would have problems at Inter due to their lack of spending says something.

I find it outrageous that people don't see the correlation between spending and success especially in modern day football. That Man City have finally led the table, albeit briefly, after so long must all be a coincidence and nothing to do with their spending. Then again you don't have to believe me but maybe you'll believe this cock:

"Ballack's contract came to an end," Ferguson said, according to The Guardian. "Belletti's contract came to an end. They have been replacing these players with younger ones such as [Danny] Sturridge and the young boy [Josh] McEachran. So maybe that's why their results have been erratic. Their plan was always to start introducing younger players and I think that's a good thing but it can backfire if you get injuries."

The Scot also took a pop at the Blues' relatively small squad, as United in comparison have a larger squad that could arguably cope better with injuries.

He said: "You need big squads these days because the number of matches and the intensity of matches does produce injuries. There's no question that having a big squad helps."

The same cock who had the cheek to accuse Rafa of overspending.

Good read and no way my reply will do that post justice but was there not years where Liverpool basically added a squad player to the team and some years did not even do anything as they just kept ticking over. No disrespect to Rafa and maybe the next 6 months will prove Inter is suffering but he surely could have done a wee better with what was available to him and also his comments about his own Inter players in public when he needed their backing was a little foolish.

Also it was not as if Inter has been sitting around watching an aging team lose its way as here is some of the most recent purchases

January 2010 Inter Transfers
In: Goran Pandev (free, Lazio), Nwankwo Obiorah (undisclosed, ECO F.C.), Federico Del Grosso (co-ownership, Ternana), McDonald Mariga (undisclosed, Parma)
Summer 2009 Inter Transfers
In: Diego Milito (undisclosed, Genoa), Thiago Motta (undisclosed, Genoa), Riccardo Meggiorini (undisclosed, Cittadella), Denis Alibec (undisclosed, Farul Constanţa), Kerlon (undisclosed, Chievo), Lúcio (undisclosed, Bayen Munich), Samuel Eto’o (undisclosed, Barcelona), Alexander Hleb (loan, Barcelona), Marko Arnautovic (loan, FC Twente), Wesley Sneijder (€15m, Real Madrid)
Summer 2008 Inter Transfers
In: Stefano Giacomelli (loan, Foligno), Luis Antonio Jimenez (permanent deal, Ternana), Mancini (€13m, Roma), Sulley Muntari (€16m, Portsmouth), Victor Obinna (undisclosed, Chievo), Ricardo Quaresma (€18.6m initially + Pele, Porto)

Of course Rafa could have expected some of his own men last summer and it was lacking but to say the same
thing happened at Inter as it did at Liverpool is a bit harsh to say the least as in the 2 previous years Liverpool was shedding loads while Inter did bulk up as you can see. I have been pretty honest about Rafa over the seasons and always felt we only blossomed under him when the pressure was off and once we were tagged faves for anything we struggled. Also as you said spending is important but look at who is topping City at the moment, Utd a team who has been outspent by City, Spurs, Chelsea and co the past few years. Money is a blessing but when the strings were tied after the recession hit you had to use your noggin to get the best of what you had and feck them Utd showed us a thing or two as many of their starring players are hardly world class signings are they?
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: January 7, 2011, 04:43:59 pm »

Lucas is a defensive midfielder now and that's why i used Busquets as a comparison. I think when people talk about Lucas here, much of the opinions are based on his potential and his basic footballing skills, technical ability, intelligence and basic physical skills rather than the actual player he currently is. I agree, right now, he's not in the same bracket as Busquets etc, but when we say that we need to consider the environment he's playing in. In a low confidence team, physical league, lower quality of players around him in terms of pass and move, poor coach and then compare to Busquets, who walked into a treble winning team, team mates who speak his language, high quality of players around him, world class manager, players who are equal to each other rather than having an hierarchy, all these factors have a huge affect on a players development. Busquets has been allowed to develop in a perfect environment, Lucas hasn't. If we swapped both players around, would Busquets be as effective in the current Liverpool team and would Lucas look so lightweight in a Barca team, playing in a league where footballers concentrate on playing football and not head tennis?

Apologies for going a little off tangent  by using a comparison but i think people are a little too harsh in judging Lucas and not enough consideration is taken into looking at other factors. Lucas isn't perfect, or world class by any means but he's got a lot of potential in him that isn't being used properly though i suppose we could say that about a lot of Liverpool players. I'm of the opinion we're never going to see Lucas's full potential at Liverpool. He's playing in the wrong league and environment.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #787 on: January 7, 2011, 05:18:05 pm »

Here is the video of this interview or guided tour in Anfield, call it want you want. 
http://sportv.globo.com/videos/v/expresso-da-bola:-bastidores-do-liverpool---25-de-novembro-de-2010---bloco-2/1382540/#/Programas/Expresso%20da%20Bola

I enjoyed that, Thanks.  Wish I knew what Lucas was saying, well apart from the bit when he says "sorry Boss" to Hodgson! Hadn't seen inside Melwood, so it was interesting.
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #788 on: January 7, 2011, 05:19:13 pm »
Is it me, or does Lucas attract a lot of female support on this forum?  ;D

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #789 on: January 7, 2011, 05:27:08 pm »

His phraseology is very familiar to me. I am a TIA exile, myself. It was completely a matter of dumb 'luck' that the first LFC supporters' forum I joined was TIA.

Ludi Circenses!

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: January 7, 2011, 06:20:28 pm »
mascherano hasnt got that "decision" that the likes of busquets and lucas have.

if he had 3 options on the ball i bet you he couldnt give you a proper breakdown of each option if it was shown before (you know what i mean) he had to play it
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: January 7, 2011, 11:46:39 pm »

Who knows. Whats important is he gives 120% whenever he plays and does his best.

Offline ARI

• Main Stander
« Reply #792 on: January 8, 2011, 07:05:45 am »
......... but was there not years where Liverpool basically added a squad player to the team and some years did not even do anything as they just kept ticking over.

Money is a blessing but when the strings were tied after the recession hit you had to use your noggin to get the best of what you had and feck them Utd showed us a thing or two as many of their starring players are hardly world class signings are they?

Surely these two points prove my point, no? We were "ticking over" from a position of strength back then and so are United now. That they are still competitive is due to many reasons of course but none more so than the fact that they started rebuilding since 02 spending vast sums to prepare their squad for the future just like our additions in 80 and 81 were the backbone of 84 treble. Whether their players are world class or not the point is that they have never stood still.

As I said there are many reasons that go into winnning anything and I dont pretend to know everything about Inter but Inter was beset with a horrible injury list too. Practically all the first team players you mentioned were injured at one time or another this season. I'd be surprised if Rafa wasn't aware of this before the season began hence his request fro reinforcement.

My point was not to prove that what happened at Inter happened at Liverpool. It was to show that after a historic season the last thing any team should do is to stand still. For all the creaming and cooing of Barca after the 6 trophies in 09, they only managed to win the league despite adding on to their firepower when they could have simply promoted from within with the talent pool at their disposal. Same went for Man U which goes to show how difficult it is to win anything in the first place and even more difficult to repeat the feat.

That Inter did not act on it and have suffered as a result is no coincidence but a correlation.

Michael Jordan once said after winning his first NBA title that the most difficult thing to do in sports is to retain a title. I can't agree with him more.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: January 8, 2011, 10:26:14 am »
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline mulhergremista

• Kopite
« Reply #794 on: January 8, 2011, 12:23:46 pm »

No, it is not you.. Women/girls just  know to apreciate quality .

Offline chriswesley

• Main Stander
  • Aggers left foot
« Reply #795 on: January 8, 2011, 01:08:42 pm »
I'm in the middle of an argument with a mate, he says lucas is tripe.... i think lucas is the balls. 110% every game and a tough little fucker who is never scared whoever he playes against

I can't remember... did lucas get MOTM against chelsea or was it just the fans MOTM?
If we get him this summer will of well and truly been a success.
Think it is already.Cahill would just be the cum-gargle on the end of one lucious blowjob of a summer

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: January 8, 2011, 02:52:23 pm »
Will be very interested to see if Lucas gets a game now that Kenny is in charge and of he does how quickly opinion of him will change

* him could be Kenny or Lucas
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline mulhergremista

• Kopite
« Reply #797 on: January 8, 2011, 02:53:08 pm »
Lucas'  last tweet after explaining that the players are not allowed to comment on the managemant's decisions

Quote:

As a player I will just make sure give 110% for the team in every game in any circumstance . #YNWA

Unquote

Has anybody ever doubt it? he always try to give his best, I hope Kenny appreciates it

Offline iiFLAMBOYANTii

• Anny Roader
  • We murdered them 0-0! - Bill Shankly
« Reply #798 on: January 8, 2011, 02:54:31 pm »
LucasLeiva87

Tomorrow is my birthday the best gift I could have is a victory!!
3 minutes ago via Twitter for ipad
I LOVE LFC! so add me on twitter @Jdilla19 ;)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: January 8, 2011, 02:59:17 pm »
I can't remember... did lucas get MOTM against chelsea or was it just the fans MOTM?

I imagine Torres got MoM in that game. Lucas was one of our best players in that game though.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.