Author Topic: Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over return to Anfield  (Read 191926 times)

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
 :-[

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4aVQUGrlR4w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4aVQUGrlR4w</a>

Flown out to LA today.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 03:36:08 pm »
He's now arrived in LA. It still feels incredibly odd, and it will do even more when next season gets underway. But the best of luck to him and his family. His legs aren't the same, but he's still got quality on the ball and even though the MLS is improving each year he'll still be a star over there for a couple of years.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 03:45:35 pm »
He will be back one day. Still going  to be strange not seeing him though.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 08:30:10 pm »
Hoping to get to a game out here in LA to at least see him one last time, been 3 years since I saw him last at Anfield so will be nice to get a chance to see him live at least once more.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 12:20:38 am »
Doesn't feel quite right to see "Steven Gerrard" under a "Former players" category :(

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 04:28:46 am »
I still cry at night

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 07:52:01 am »
Doesn't feel quite right to see "Steven Gerrard" under a "Former players" category :(

I was thinking exactly that myself.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 07:12:57 pm »
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 07:47:08 pm »
Strange, indeed. I still don't think it has hit me yet - perhaps it finally will when I watch his first game in MLS. But I think we also know he's never truly gone. If he takes a short-term January loan there is only one place he is coming, and he's already stated his intention of getting some role with the club in the future.

As an American though who wants to see the quality of the domestic league grow, I'm also selfishly pretty excited. The focus on bringing top European players overseas usually focuses on goalscoring ability, not enough quality in terms of playmaking. Great to see Gerrard and Pirlo as well.

There wasn't a better place for Gerrard to land in the MLS either. Galaxy are definitely one of the best-run clubs and are winners. He's going to be great.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 08:04:21 pm »
I'm proper useless someone embed that vid I linked - awesome YouTube!
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 09:55:30 pm »
So weird watching him arrive at the airport yesterday and the pictures of him training today.

Incidentally, does anyone know the name of Galaxy's training ground? And if it's open to the public? Going to LA myself next year, be great to see Stevie in action over there.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 10:05:52 pm »
Incidentally, does anyone know the name of Galaxy's training ground? And if it's open to the public?

Galaxy train at the StubHub Center, what used to be the Home Depot Center. It's on the Cal State Dominguez Hills campus in Carson California.

Don't know whether it's open to the public; Bruce is very cranky, so I doubt Galaxy training sessions are open ones...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 10:12:46 pm »
Galaxy train at the StubHub Center, what used to be the Home Depot Center. It's on the Cal State Dominguez Hills campus in Carson California.

Don't know whether it's open to the public; Bruce is very cranky, so I doubt Galaxy training sessions are open ones...

Isn't that where they play their games?  What is their training ground called?  Or do they train at the stadium??

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 10:19:34 pm »
Looks like they train at their gameday stadium, if you google some news stories.

Also, just took a quick peek at their schedule. If anyone was hoping on flying over from Europe to see Stevie play in the northeast, you're out of luck as far as regular season matches are concerned. They've already played in New York, Boston and Washington DC. Hope for a playoff match in November/December.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 10:23:08 pm »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 03:05:22 am »
Isn't that where they play their games?  What is their training ground called?  Or do they train at the stadium??

Huge complex of fields, some grass some turf, youth teams train there as well, on side fields, not inside the stadium...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 08:18:30 pm »
He's still listed on the squad page on the official site. Well, at least until midnight tonight I'd imagine. Kind of hoping to wake up and all of this LA malarkey will just be one of my increasingly bizarre dreams that I've been having recently. Still, nice to torture myself and see him in the squad list one last time.

I wonder how he'll feel, not seeing a couple of hundred grand drop in to his bank from LFC every few weeks. It's the little stuff like that, when you move house, change job, regular life stuff. We see Stevie the Captain, the one man team, the legend. We often overlook Stevie the bloke, the dad, the husband. All the money in the world can't replace the feeling I get whenever I trundle back down to Liverpool and see the Radio City tower on the skyline. I feel home again. Stevie will be looking out on to skyscrapers and the ocean. When he looks out on to the pitch I hope he finds a new home, well, for 18 months at least. Good luck and farewell Captain :scarf

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: July 1, 2015, 12:05:31 am »
He's still listed on the squad page on the official site. Well, at least until midnight tonight I'd imagine. Kind of hoping to wake up and all of this LA malarkey will just be one of my increasingly bizarre dreams that I've been having recently. Still, nice to torture myself and see him in the squad list one last time.

Good luck and farewell Captain :scarf
― Christine Szymanski

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18 on: July 1, 2015, 11:41:18 pm »

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #19 on: July 2, 2015, 11:02:40 am »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline monkz

• Boys Pen
« Reply #20 on: July 2, 2015, 04:44:41 pm »

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 3, 2015, 04:09:27 pm »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 3, 2015, 04:13:09 pm »
 :(
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #23 on: July 3, 2015, 07:33:09 pm »

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #24 on: July 4, 2015, 09:39:09 am »
Still looks totally wrong. At least he looks happy though. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing what impact he has on the team - with all the build up he must just be eager to get the boots on again and let his feet do the talking.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 5, 2015, 01:01:00 am »
see you later :)

Offline NHRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #26 on: July 5, 2015, 04:53:21 am »

Don't know if this was Stevie or some Galaxy P.R. brainstorm, but still, well in...

http://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2015/07/04/steven-gerrard-buys-beers-la-galaxy-supporters-groups-ahead-fourth-july-unveiling

Online Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 5, 2015, 05:42:26 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BO6dhPs5gTU?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BO6dhPs5gTU?fs=1</a>
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: July 5, 2015, 01:28:32 pm »
Wish they'd stop calling him jrard

Online Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 6, 2015, 02:53:57 pm »
I was listening to Friday's Anfield Wrap show before, and they were listing all of our midfielders. I kept thinking "you've forgotten about Gerrard, why aren't they mentioning Gerrard?"

Then I remembered.

Going to be very weird getting used to life without him.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #30 on: July 6, 2015, 07:12:49 pm »
Is he going to be captain in LA?

Online Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: July 6, 2015, 08:02:05 pm »
No, I think Robbie Keane's the captain over there.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #32 on: July 6, 2015, 10:54:55 pm »
Fucking hell, ive just seen him in Galaxy colours. Its just taking the mickey, is that.   Herbalife. ahahahahahahahahaha   wtf.  Bizzare.

And, Robbie Keanes gonna be his captain?  ahahahahahahahahahaha   Stevie ran him off after 6 months because he wouldn't stfu in the first place. Cant wait for the first penalty will they come to blows? Stay tuned.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #33 on: July 6, 2015, 10:59:00 pm »

It never will.

Online Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: July 7, 2015, 03:04:20 am »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 7, 2015, 05:14:41 am »
Hope he comes back soon, already missed the great captain.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #36 on: July 7, 2015, 05:24:52 am »
I bought this about four weeks ago.

I love this picture because I don't remember the celebration because I was in the away end going mental. I knew then the title race was on and so did Stevie. Just a shame it never came to fruition

This picture is massive though. Proper massive. My last abiding memory of Gerrard. Texeira goes down in the box and we have a chance to open up the title race

Then Steven puts in THAT penalty

We fell short but I won't forget

Edit: Still waiting for one of my mates to come and put it up on the wall  :butt 8)
« Last Edit: July 7, 2015, 05:26:53 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #37 on: July 7, 2015, 05:45:36 am »
It's sad seeing this in the former lfc players section :(
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #38 on: July 7, 2015, 11:13:26 am »

My last abiding memory of Gerrard. Texeira goes down in the box and we have a chance to open up the title race

I know they always get mixed up but it was Sturridge who was fouled. Texeira played the pass.

Online Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: July 7, 2015, 05:25:45 pm »
I bought this about four weeks ago.

I love this picture because I don't remember the celebration because I was in the away end going mental. I knew then the title race was on and so did Stevie. Just a shame it never came to fruition

This picture is massive though. Proper massive. My last abiding memory of Gerrard. Texeira goes down in the box and we have a chance to open up the title race

Then Steven puts in THAT penalty

We fell short but I won't forget

Edit: Still waiting for one of my mates to come and put it up on the wall  :butt 8)

I screamed at my television during that penalty. Probably my personal favourite moment of 2013-14, as it's when I truly started to think challenging for the league might not be so ridiculous after all.