Author Topic: Michael Owen  (Read 351425 times)

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
Re: Michael Owen
« Reply #2360 on: October 13, 2016, 03:25:14 pm »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #2361 on: October 13, 2016, 07:46:19 pm »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2362 on: October 13, 2016, 08:04:53 pm »
Carra's smirk when Redknapp was bigging up Bjornebye was funny too.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #2363 on: October 13, 2016, 08:05:07 pm »
I was passing his gaff in North Wales this morning , lad with me is only 18 so I pointed out his house (  more gates and driveway ) ....lad said " is he the one who played for Newcastle and man United ?" ...

Kind of sums it up really ....

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #2364 on: October 14, 2016, 02:47:34 am »
I was passing his gaff in North Wales this morning , lad with me is only 18 so I pointed out his house (  more gates and driveway ) ....lad said " is he the one who played for Newcastle and man United ?" ...

Well he was 3 when we sucker punched Arsenal to the FA Cup.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2365 on: October 14, 2016, 01:40:41 pm »

Think your lad needs educating a bit more tbf. Providing he is a Liverpool fan.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2366 on: October 14, 2016, 02:39:40 pm »
To be fair Owen is probably best identified with England more so than any of his club teams

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #2367 on: October 14, 2016, 04:17:56 pm »
Not going to pretend to be his biggest fan since he left but I cannot dislike him as much as some on here do purely because when I was 15 we won the treble and in my LFC supporting life up until then we'd only won the 94 league cup! (The 92 FA Cup was just a bit too early for me)

He was a pivotal part of that team and the way we won the FA Cup that year was brilliant.

He pissed me off royally later on but those memories are still there and they're great

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2368 on: October 14, 2016, 04:19:09 pm »
Gave me some great moments 2001 final and that second v United in 2003.
Oh ,and he had a fabulous goal scoring record.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2369 on: October 14, 2016, 07:11:42 pm »
Wasted some excellent chances vs Leverkusen in 2002!  ;)

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #2370 on: October 15, 2016, 07:51:13 am »
An interesting question could be how much of a legend would he be considered here now had he never gone to them lot? Or never even left for Madrid in the first place (or at least doing so for a decent fee for us in return)?

It's a difficult one to answer I reckon, because although he was a superstar to me growing up, I still don't think I held him in quite as high regard as I did Fowler and McManaman just before his emergence. Owen was an incredibly important player for me because of that time in my life that coincided with him ripping it up with us and England; I was too young to fully appreciate Kenny and Rush in their true pomp, and then not quite there either for Barnes, Beardsley and Aldo even though the passion was growing inside me and I did love watching them play and reading about them. The first ones I was absolutely proper obsessed with were Robbie and Steve, had shitloads of posters and stickers of them up everywhere and all that, the combination of them being both flamboyant attacking geniuses and cheeky local lads making it all just 'click' with me at that age. The Roy Evans era was my first proper time paying full attention to every single thing that happened over a season, trying to catch every moment of every game.

Owen looked at one point like he could seriously break all the goalscoring records for us, which now seems actually a pretty ridiculous concept... I reckon Rush is safe up at the top there for a good while yet, very likely forever. But he was definitely a true superstar of the (admittedly not so amazing) side, the one that filled you with hope, made you think we had a chance in every match. His peak for me is inextricably linked with Actua Soccer 3, the evolution of ISS Pro into Pro Evo, and a whole bunch of happy TV & videogamey nostalgia shit. So I'm not sure I can ever genuinely despise him, or disown him as a Liverpool fave of my youth.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #2371 on: October 15, 2016, 12:28:57 pm »
An interesting question could be how much of a legend would he be considered here now had he never gone to them lot? Or never even left for Madrid in the first place (or at least doing so for a decent fee for us in return)?

It's a difficult one to answer I reckon, because although he was a superstar to me growing up, I still don't think I held him in quite as high regard as I did Fowler and McManaman just before his emergence. Owen was an incredibly important player for me because of that time in my life that coincided with him ripping it up with us and England; I was too young to fully appreciate Kenny and Rush in their true pomp, and then not quite there either for Barnes, Beardsley and Aldo even though the passion was growing inside me and I did love watching them play and reading about them. The first ones I was absolutely proper obsessed with were Robbie and Steve, had shitloads of posters and stickers of them up everywhere and all that, the combination of them being both flamboyant attacking geniuses and cheeky local lads making it all just 'click' with me at that age. The Roy Evans era was my first proper time paying full attention to every single thing that happened over a season, trying to catch every moment of every game.

Owen looked at one point like he could seriously break all the goalscoring records for us, which now seems actually a pretty ridiculous concept... I reckon Rush is safe up at the top there for a good while yet, very likely forever. But he was definitely a true superstar of the (admittedly not so amazing) side, the one that filled you with hope, made you think we had a chance in every match. His peak for me is inextricably linked with Actua Soccer 3, the evolution of ISS Pro into Pro Evo, and a whole bunch of happy TV & videogamey nostalgia shit. So I'm not sure I can ever genuinely despise him, or disown him as a Liverpool fave of my youth.

It's pretty simple really.

If we'd gotten 20m+ as we should have for Owen in 2004, I reckon he'd be a lot better thought of even if he had done the Real Madrid > Newcastle (while 'rejecting' Liverpool courtesy of England) > Man Utd > Stoke > Whatever route.

If he'd only have done Liverpool > Real Madrid (and then retired/died/came back to Liverpool), he'd be even better thought of.

If he'd never even have left Liverpool, he'd be still better thought of.

Yes, perhaps not in the same regard as Fowler etc (although maybe those latter two options could have changed that), it's obvious he'd be much better thought of if he weren't such a c*nt with his actions.
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #2372 on: October 15, 2016, 01:09:34 pm »
I genuinely don't think he would be much better thought of had he gone to Madrid for a good price and then ended up at Man Utd. I think the money issue is something that people can mellow on over time, but joining a club like that, when you've been built from the ground up by Liverpool, is too big of a bridge to've burned, so then all the other things such as the contract nonsense before he left are looked at less forgivingly.

Macca is a good example; we got fuck all for him when he jumped ship to Madrid, and he left us in a much worse position overall really, but while there was anger and a sense of betrayal from Liverpool fans while the situation was still raw, I don't think you'll find many of us now who've held onto such strongly negative feelings about him still. Well I certainly haven't anyway, I've got plenty of time for him. The fact he achieved some great things there is important too - it turned out to be a very good decision for him to have made as an individual footballer with a short career at the top level. Owen's most controversial decisions all look pretty poor ones in retrospect (and at the time!).

Of course he'd be "better thought of", but that's not saying much - the question is how much of a Liverpool Legend would he be regarded as. Because he had a chance to be up there with the best of them, but is in a pretty lowly position now. Would he have ever ended up as high in our affections as the likes of God, if he was a secret, loyal kind of cunt rather than such a publicly 'treacherous' cunt?
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2373 on: October 15, 2016, 01:21:06 pm »
It's mainly the way he's conducted himself since he's left Liverpool.

When he says "we" he means Manchester United.

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #2374 on: October 15, 2016, 02:35:46 pm »

When Owen says "we", he means Michael and Owen. He's an utter thundercunt.
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline Istanbul_05times

• Anny Roader
  • He brought that cup back home
« Reply #2375 on: October 16, 2016, 06:30:00 pm »
michael owen if you are reading this, you are a  clown :-)

HATRED
gary neville is really hayley cropper

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2376 on: October 16, 2016, 06:34:56 pm »
When Owen says "we", he means Michael and Owen. He's an utter thundercunt.

Exactly. He's proved as much on twitter on many occasions. Smashing a ball past a kid doing nets, bragging about being a multi millionaire to some guy giving him shit. He's a c*nt.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2377 on: October 16, 2016, 06:53:45 pm »
I'd say in Macca's case, he made it clear from the outset he wasn't going to sign a new contract, so as much as it sticks in the craw you have to respect the decision as that of a professional footballer.  And in all fairness it ultimately paid dividends for him.  I think Keegan got a bit of a hard time as well.

On the other hand, in terms of how much of a legend Michael Owen could have been regarded at Liverpool, well the issue is Michael Owen doesn't really give a damn what anybody connected to Liverpool thinks about him.  His entire post-Liverpool career can be summed up as stealing a living.  And the manner in which he left, boxing Rafa in the way he did, just reeked.

to be honest it's pretty much an irrelevant thought experiment to consider the "what ifs".  Luis Suarez is more highly regarded when, if we're honest, he behaved a bit of a tw@t towards us two summer transfer windows running.  But he still loves the club, it's fans and all we stand for, as does many an ex-player.

MO doesn't love anybody except MO.  And his football was only ever his job.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #2378 on: November 19, 2016, 03:52:58 pm »
His ideal 5-a-side has 4 Man U players  :lmao at this point I have to think he's a troll
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2379 on: November 20, 2016, 11:38:28 am »
You would think he'd try to atone for his past misdemeanours..
True colours showing again.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #2380 on: November 20, 2016, 05:22:25 pm »
No matter how great he might have been in the past for us, I just don't get a sense of love for the club and understanding its fans from Owen from his actions and statements after leaving us.

His signing for ManU was just the last straw for me. 

I suspect Fergie did that just to spite us more than for any footballing contribution that Owen could have given them.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2381 on: November 22, 2016, 02:10:07 am »
Michael Owen just makes me cringe. He's dreadful. Who'd have thought we'd be saying this around the time he was banging in goals for us, winning fa cups.  It's like a devil entered his head when he left us and he just went about ruining his legacy completely root and branch. Such a prat.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #2382 on: November 22, 2016, 09:59:43 pm »
Should have been a legend, now a footnote of history.

think this is worthy of a repeat. amazing lack of awareness regarding the club and its fans
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #2383 on: November 22, 2016, 10:25:41 pm »
Massive Wazerk
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2384 on: November 22, 2016, 10:43:24 pm »
Not in my top 50 all time favorite Liverpool players and given his goal scoring record that shows what a twat he is.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline rafared83

• cAPTAIN cAPSLOCK
  • Anny Roader
  • THE REDS ARE COMING UP THE HILL BOYS
« Reply #2385 on: February 4, 2017, 10:44:26 pm »

Owens a c*nt simples

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2386 on: March 12, 2017, 02:31:58 am »

This picture is killing me by the way.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2387 on: March 12, 2017, 02:45:08 am »
I became a Liverpool supporter because of his World Cup debut, loved him to bits, but how I detest him now.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2388 on: April 30, 2017, 04:02:43 pm »
midget c*nt trying to defend rashford dive.

how is he our ambassador??

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2389 on: May 1, 2017, 01:34:18 am »
midget c*nt trying to defend rashford dive.

how is he our ambassador??
Completely forgot about that!
Thought the club would have binned him off long ago!

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2390 on: May 3, 2017, 04:43:55 pm »
well done, he's 13
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2391 on: May 24, 2017, 10:03:50 pm »
Thought I heard him say it

https://twitter.com/AnfieldRd96/status/867467973287694336

Fuck me he is thick.

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline dramared

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2392 on: May 25, 2017, 12:44:52 pm »
Time and time again he proves that's its all about Michael Owen.
I don't think it was a slip of the tongue last night or an englishman trying to back an english team in Europe.
He said " We " to attach himself to Manutd as he sat with Ferdinand.

If he was Liverpool through and through he would never have said that or made that mistake.
Aswell as all the selfish decisions he made throughout the transfer windows, he joined ManUtd.
That was a derogatory insult and he was forgiven and allowed to leech back to our club as an role model!

How many times does this idiot need to show that he will never put Liverpool before Michael Owen and therefore never have the class to represent this club.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2393 on: May 25, 2017, 12:48:37 pm »
To be fair what he says on TV is irrelevant. The fact he played for Man Utd should obviously be enough to not have him as an ambassador. I'd love to know who picked him.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline dramared

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2394 on: May 25, 2017, 12:52:18 pm »
To be fair what he says on TV is irrelevant. The fact he played for Man Utd should obviously be enough to not have him as an ambassador. I'd love to know who picked him.
Agree with you totally but the guy will never learn and continue to undermine the club and supporters.
Obviously it was felt it had commercial value.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #2395 on: May 25, 2017, 01:02:45 pm »
well done, he's 13

Couldn't stand him for that and many other things

Signed the Barret petition to have him removed

Still remember the bitching twitter messages he made on the day of the verdict about sitting next to a kid on a plane, midget self interest c*nt
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2396 on: May 25, 2017, 06:59:36 pm »
He is thick as fuck, this is the same guy who played for Real Madrid yet was cheering on television for a Barca goal. He is also the same one who after meeting Ronaldo said he is glad he didn't become as fat as Ronaldo had become.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline FinnanTastic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2397 on: May 25, 2017, 07:21:24 pm »

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #2398 on: May 26, 2017, 02:52:24 pm »
The thought police will be here soon. I've signed it and so have all my mates. 20k signatures cheered me up.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2399 on: May 26, 2017, 02:53:27 pm »
Sam Adams‏ @SamuelAdams89
Can we start a petition to get @JARiiseOfficial as an ambassador of @LiverpoolFC ?

John Arne Riise‏Verified account @JARiiseOfficial 42m42 minutes ago
How good would that be? 😂🙏🏻