Author Topic: Getting Fucked by the US Stadium Tour  (Read 3651 times)

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • My blog
Getting Fucked by the US Stadium Tour
« on: February 27, 2014, 05:05:37 pm »
It will come as no surprise to some of you that a ticket for a preseason tour in America is expensive. However, When Liverpool last visited America, tickets at Baltimore's M and T bank stadium could be had for as little as 30 quid(at current exchange rates), not too bad. This time however, prices are out of control. I myself am a member of a Baltimore Supporter's union, and for Liverpool's match with Man City we were quoted a price of 110 dollars a ticket, about 65 pound. Now admittedly this is in New York at Yankee Stadium, the worlds biggest rip off, so I sighed and sent the money. Only to be informed that the tournament organizers forgot to include shipping handling and fees, so the price is actually another 10 pound.
For a Wednesday Night game, In a meaningless competition. 75 pound.

Now the argument can be made here that this is fair market value, that the "commemorative scarfs" they're handing out will have some sort of value. I'm not even mad about that. I'm mad about the goalposts moving. On an already overpriced ticket that 1000s of Ex-Pats and American Supporters are quite willing to pay, they're shoving another 10 quid on after we all got the money together. We were given the opportunity to pre buy tickets as supporters unions which I'm grateful for, but changing the price on us due to their fuck up really ticks me off.
Not to mention that New York has a dedicated football stadium and an american football stadium with a 100,000 capacity they could have used instead of a damn baseball stadium.
End of Vent.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
Re: Getting Fucked by the US Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 05:12:28 pm »
It will come as no surprise to some of you that a ticket for a preseason tour in America is expensive. However, When Liverpool last visited America, tickets at Baltimore's M and T bank stadium could be had for as little as 30 quid(at current exchange rates), not too bad. This time however, prices are out of control. I myself am a member of a Baltimore Supporter's union, and for Liverpool's match with Man City we were quoted a price of 110 dollars a ticket, about 65 pound. Now admittedly this is in New York at Yankee Stadium, the worlds biggest rip off, so I sighed and sent the money. Only to be informed that the tournament organizers forgot to include shipping handling and fees, so the price is actually another 10 pound.
For a Wednesday Night game, In a meaningless competition. 75 pound.

Now the argument can be made here that this is fair market value, that the "commemorative scarfs" they're handing out will have some sort of value. I'm not even mad about that. I'm mad about the goalposts moving. On an already overpriced ticket that 1000s of Ex-Pats and American Supporters are quite willing to pay, they're shoving another 10 quid on after we all got the money together. We were given the opportunity to pre buy tickets as supporters unions which I'm grateful for, but changing the price on us due to their fuck up really ticks me off.
Not to mention that New York has a dedicated football stadium and an american football stadium with a 100,000 capacity they could have used instead of a damn baseball stadium.
End of Vent.
The "convenience fees" in addition to "processing fee" on top of the tax for the ticket is a monumental scam. Tickets for the Charlotte game came to $70 a piece all told for the second cheapest ticket tier. Not quite Yankees expensive, but easily $20+ more apiece than for Baltimore two summers ago.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 02:35:13 pm »
Any chance of bunking in?
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 12:06:32 am »
bastards then decided to cancel selling to supporters clubs and instead put the tickets up for sale the day before presale was supposed to start to everyone. Fucking asshole and LFC were complacent in all this.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.