Author Topic: 2014-15 Loan Watch  (Read 167712 times)

Offline AshTJ

• Kopite
    • www.twitter.com/ashtjay
Re: 2014-15 Loan Watch
« Reply #40 on: September 5, 2014, 03:13:03 am »
Is Ilori injured? The lack of game time so far after 4 games is a bit worrying.

Yeah he is. He's back training now, albeit on his own.
Twitter - @ashtjay
Youtube - www.youtube.com/user/ashtjproductions

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
« Reply #41 on: September 5, 2014, 03:15:27 am »
Is Ilori injured? The lack of game time so far after 4 games is a bit worrying.

Doesn't even look like he's made the bench so probably still injured.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 5, 2014, 04:26:05 am »
Brad Smith got his first Socceroos cap this morning (or last night depending on where you are).  Came on as a sub on the left wing against Belgium.  Hopefully he'll get some more time against Saudi Arabia in a few days.

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: September 5, 2014, 04:57:01 am »
Luis Alberto scores for Malaga.

just quietly, from the games ive seen him play for Malaga, Alberto is one of their best players. His passing and vision is so sharp, really help it works out for him here. He never really got a fair crack.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 5, 2014, 10:11:49 pm »
Yeah he is. He's back training now, albeit on his own.
Don't mean to question you or anything but could you post a link to a source?

Offline Crazy Diamond

• Main Stander
« Reply #45 on: September 5, 2014, 11:41:42 pm »
just quietly, from the games ive seen him play for Malaga, Alberto is one of their best players. His passing and vision is so sharp, really help it works out for him here. He never really got a fair crack.

Agree with you there. Not seen too much, but what I have I've been pleasantly surprised. Think this year will be important for him, hoping this loan really helps him to develop.

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 6, 2014, 12:49:14 am »
Agree with you there. Not seen too much, but what I have I've been pleasantly surprised. Think this year will be important for him, hoping this loan really helps him to develop.
I think it might be more of a shop window loan for him; otherwise we would have tried to send him somewhere closer.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2014, 04:34:42 pm »
Teixeira assisted Brighton's second goal. Currently 3-2 down away to Brentford.

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2014, 12:45:33 am »
Judging by the MOTD highlights, Andre Wisdom finished the match at LB for West Brom. Not sure he's played there before..

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2014, 03:33:28 pm »
Origi's goal vs Nantes: https://vine.co/v/Oadv0JVh07Y
Origi's assist vs Nantes: https://vine.co/v/Oad6iMt3F33

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2014, 04:17:35 pm »
Ilori starts his first game since pre-season injury against Guingamp right now.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2014, 04:58:55 pm »
LOAN WATCH..ORIGI INSPIRES LILLE WIN

Summer signing Divock Origi scored one goal and made another to inspire Lille to a 2-0 victory over Nantes in Ligue 1 this afternoon.

The 19-year-old striker broke the deadlock a minute into the second half before turning provider moments later to create a second for Marcos Lopes.

Origi, who is spending the campaign with his former club after agreeing a move to Liverpool earlier this year, now has two goals in four league appearances this season.

A number of the Reds' on-loan contingent were in action across the weekend, beginning with a 90-minute run-out for Rafael Paez in Bologna's 3-2 Serie B win over Pescara on Friday.

On Saturday, winger Oussama Assaidi was introduced for the closing eight minutes of Stoke City's 1-0 home reverse against Leicester City.

Elsewhere in the Barclays Premier League, Andre Wisdom featured for the entirety of West Bromwich Albion's 2-0 defeat by Everton. The defender picked up a late booking.

At Championship level, Portuguese midfielder Joao Carlos Teixeira was involved for 75 minutes and created a goal as Brighton & Hove Albion were beaten 3-2 against Brentford.

Luis Alberto was substituted 55 minutes into Malaga's goalless draw with Levante in La Liga.

Fresh from international duty with Australia, Brad Smith clocked up 90 minutes as Swindon Town claimed a 2-1 victory at Bradford City.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/170729-loan-watch-origi-inspires-lille-win
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 05:01:04 pm by oddball »
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline p27051

• Anny Roader
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2014, 08:03:58 pm »
Any one know how Ibe is doing at Derby County?? Haven't heard much since the Loan move.. He seems to have made a couple of appearances as a Sub.. Can't find anything more than that regarding how he has performed there...
Cheers,
Aravind (Indianscouser)

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2014, 08:12:14 pm »
Any one know how Ibe is doing at Derby County?? Haven't heard much since the Loan move.. He seems to have made a couple of appearances as a Sub.. Can't find anything more than that regarding how he has performed there...
Played 14 minutes against Forest in the derby, but other than that he hasn't really had a lot of playing time. Wasteful loan spell if you ask me, would have definitely used him in liverpool as a sub and for cup games.
Seen us win everything

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2014, 09:54:48 pm »
Played 14 minutes against Forest in the derby, but other than that he hasn't really had a lot of playing time. Wasteful loan spell if you ask me, would have definitely used him in liverpool as a sub and for cup games.

... He joined on the 29th. Wasn't eligible for their game that weekend, then there was a two week international break. He's come on as sub in both games he's actually been available for.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2014, 11:13:43 pm »
How'd Origi do today in the Europa League? Looking forward to October 23rd when Lille play the Bitters. Hope he stuffs 'em.
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2014, 11:42:41 pm »
Teixeira assisted Brighton's second goal. Currently 3-2 down away to Brentford.

jesus, he's killing it. so thats now 2 goals and 3 assists for him?? great start to a loan spell there!!

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2014, 11:42:01 am »
jesus, he's killing it. so thats now 2 goals and 3 assists for him?? great start to a loan spell there!!

2 goals and 1 assist so far: http://www.whoscored.com/Players/142352/Show/Joo-Teixeira

Not bad for only 4 games worth of pitch time.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2014, 12:57:36 pm »
How'd Origi do today in the Europa League? Looking forward to October 23rd when Lille play the Bitters. Hope he stuffs 'em.

Played in the 1-1 draw vs Krasnodar. Didn't score though.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2014, 10:31:14 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zypeY43SO78" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zypeY43SO78</a>

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2014, 10:36:34 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zypeY43SO78" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zypeY43SO78</a>

Thanks. Could have scored right on the play right around the :50 mark. Got it back on his left foot nicely, and he pulled it just wide. Seemed very comfortable all match.

On a side note, I also saw Kjaer's goal for Lille. What a peach!
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2014, 02:41:04 am »
Ilori was an unused sub for Bordeaux against Evian where they won 2-1. This loan isn't going particularly well.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2014, 02:44:01 am »
He only joined up with first team training last week.

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2014, 06:30:01 pm »
Origi "rested" for Lille's latest Ligue 1 game vs Nice. Dont think its for an injury. Strange as Lille lack goals this league season.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2014, 10:29:35 pm »
Origi "rested" for Lille's latest Ligue 1 game vs Nice. Dont think its for an injury. Strange as Lille lack goals this league season.
Lille looked totally devoid of an offense apart from Origi's solo runs. No wonder they were so desperate to keep him.

Really disappointed that Luis Alberto didn't dtart the Barca game this evening. Was looking forward to seeing him play now that the game is on sky. Hopefully comes on for at least 30 mins in the 2nd half.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2014, 10:32:28 pm »
Luis Alberto just hit the post with his free kick against Barcelona. Great talent.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2014, 11:26:52 pm »
Luis Alberto just hit the post with his free kick against Barcelona. Great talent.
Oh damn I didn't realise he was subbed on! Had the game on in the background waiting for him to get on lol

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2014, 07:15:08 am »
Just noticed that Coates played the first half the other day (I was a bit distracted by a certain penalty shootout to notice) http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29216775

Came off at half time though?

(has apparently been recovering from a knock http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sebastian-coates-set-make-sunderland-7812367)

Offline mjk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2014, 09:29:50 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KiPUGOwm-to" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KiPUGOwm-to</a>

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2014, 11:48:01 pm »
Any updates on Aspas? Could come good  ;D

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2014, 01:05:34 am »
  • Brad Smith was the star of the show during Swindon's 5-2 demolition of Sheffield United.
  • Reds defender Andre Wisdom played his part in West Brom's first win at White Hart Lane since 1984. Toothless Tottenham failed to break down a resilient Baggies back line which included Liverpool's Wisdom
  • Joao Carlos Texeira lasted 63 minutes before being replaced
  • Luis Alberto played a key role in Malaga's thrilling 2-2 draw at Espanyol. From an Alberto corner  Camacho equalised
  • Divock Origi managed just one shot on target during Lille's 0-0 draw with Montpellier before he was substituted on 81 minutes
  • Tiago Ilori didn't feature in Bordeaux's 2-1 win over Evian Thonon Gaillard
  • Iago Aspas, meanwhile, didn't make the bench for Sevilla's 3-1 victory over Córdoba
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 01:13:07 am by kcbworth »

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2014, 03:04:22 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KiPUGOwm-to" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KiPUGOwm-to</a>

Fuck me, those 2 minutes were filled with talent!
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2014, 04:05:22 am »
Fuck me, those 2 minutes were filled with talent!

Yeah, I think he'll be a good player for somebody one day, maybe not in the Premier League though, but I'd like to see him comeback next year!

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2014, 04:18:08 am »
Yeah, I think he'll be a good player for somebody one day, maybe not in the Premier League though, but I'd like to see him comeback next year!
Looked so much more imposing in those 2 minutes than I remember. Looks to be excelling in that high-energy pressing midfield at Malaga which is positive.

He certainly looks worth at least the £7m we paid for him, even if I doubt whether or not he'll ever make it here given how much young talent we have in his position (eg. Coutinho, Sterling, Suso, Teixeira, and a handful of lads in the U21's).

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2014, 04:39:21 am »
Alberto was far from a flop. Still has a future imo

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2014, 04:48:31 am »
Looked so much more imposing in those 2 minutes than I remember. Looks to be excelling in that high-energy pressing midfield at Malaga which is positive.

Does Malaga having a high-energy pressing midfield? Very good sign if true. If nothing else it mean we actually managed to:

A. Identify a top club playing a style to fit the needs of developing our better talent, and
B. Put Ilori into that team, and so far see him succeed in this team.

Assuming the management and playing philosophies of the two clubs remain relatively congruent for the next couple of seasons it would be fantastic if we had the chance to develop a more formal arrangement with them. Imagine being able to consistently loan them the likes of Sinclair, Ojo or Ibe for half a season for them to return ready, or close to ready to start for us.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2014, 04:59:59 am »
Does Malaga having a high-energy pressing midfield? Very good sign if true. If nothing else it mean we actually managed to:

A. Identify a top club playing a style to fit the needs of developing our better talent, and

Assuming the management and playing philosophies of the two clubs remain relatively congruent for the next couple of seasons it would be fantastic if we had the chance to develop a more formal arrangement with them. Imagine being able to consistently loan them the likes of Sinclair, Ojo or Ibe for half a season for them to return ready, or close to ready to start for us.
After playing against Messi,Ronaldo and the likes. Always find it funny when people say we should loan our youth players to a lower prem/championship side when they could play in the best league in the world La liga.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2014, 05:05:52 am »

From the little I've seen of Malaga so far this season, they are a really tight defensive unit who vary between sitting back soaking up pressure, and getting up high in their opponents faces. I don't think they've conceded a goal at home this season yet, and were the first team since the 2003/04 season to keep Barcelona from having a single shot on target. Incidentally that was around the same time a certain Dutch manager was there (though I suspect that it was just after he was fired for the 2nd time).

In the 20 minutes Alberto were on the pitch they were doing the latter, harrying the Barca defenders high up the pitch, and there's a couple examples of that in the Alberto video above.

Not sure why you mentioned Ilori as he's on loan at Bordeaux (who incidentally play quite attacking football and high-pressure defense from what I've read).

As for your last idea, I don't think a team that has been in the CL QF's (two minutes away from the SF) as recently as 2 years ago and regularly finish in the top 5-6 in La Liga is gonna welcome being the farm team for an English club. In any case, we seem to be doing significantly better with finding suitable loan destinations for our players than in the past though generally.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:07:30 am by rickardinho1 »

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2014, 09:39:15 am »
Ilori scored for Bordeaux last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRt6UoOba5Q

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2014, 09:46:09 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.