Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3536224 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Kit 2013/14/15
« Reply #5480 on: February 4, 2015, 10:39:01 pm »
As long as you give us the money I'm pretty sure the players would wear anything.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5481 on: February 4, 2015, 10:50:28 pm »
But but but I thought Nike were going to come in and save us from all these shit kits we're going to be making despite the shit load of money New Balance and Warrior have been throwing at us!

Offline Semaphore

• Kopite
« Reply #5482 on: February 5, 2015, 12:03:44 am »
So has anyone got info on the size of this new deal and how it compares to other clubs?

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #5483 on: February 5, 2015, 01:18:27 am »
So has anyone got info on the size of this new deal and how it compares to other clubs?

It's exactly the same deal as Warrior, they've just decided to close an absolute disaster down and take it over
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5484 on: February 5, 2015, 02:21:02 am »
It's exactly the same deal as Warrior

Not according to that...

New Balance announce ‘record-breaking deal’ in Liverpool FC history

February 4, 2015 by Jim Boardman

NEW BALANCE, the parent company of Liverpool’s current kit brand Warrior Football, today confirmed their move to rebranding their football gear under parent company’s name. At the same time, the Boston company confirmed a new kit deal had been signed with the Reds.

Offline dosx

• Kopite
  • This is Anfield
    • LFC
« Reply #5485 on: February 5, 2015, 03:23:01 am »

What Test? NB is the parent company of Warrior Football. NB football existed since in the 80s

Test the waters with Warrior. It's been a success so now taking over without any damage to the brand.

🔥97🔥

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5486 on: February 5, 2015, 06:10:56 am »
What Test? NB is the parent company of Warrior Football. NB football existed since in the 80s

They made boots but they've just now entered the kit market.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #5487 on: February 5, 2015, 07:41:32 am »
http://mobilizer.instapaper.com/m?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fnews%2Farticles%2F2015-02-04%2Fnew-balance-goes-on-offense-slides-into-soccer

Interesting read there. You would think that if the womens market was so lucrative, they would enter it? I doubt it would harm the male side of the market.
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5488 on: February 5, 2015, 08:29:30 am »
Anyone got any idea of how much this is?

Recording breaking would mean it's more than the £25mil per season we were already getting?

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
« Reply #5489 on: February 5, 2015, 08:36:10 am »
NEW BALANCE, the parent company of Liverpool’s current kit brand Warrior Football, today confirmed their move to rebranding their football gear under parent company’s name. At the same time, the Boston company confirmed a new kit deal had been signed with the Reds.

New Balance FootballHeralding their “entry into the globall football market” under the New Balance Football tag, the company said: “The announcement signifies a new multi-year kit manufacturer deal with Liverpool Football Club, a record-breaking deal in the club’s history.

“The agreement will see New Balance work alongside LFC to deliver world class product on pitch in line with the club’s ambitions to perform at the highest levels of the game.

“As part of the deal LFC product will be sold through New Balance retail stores globally and will help drive New Balance’s growth and entry into the football market.”

Also on board with New Balance Football, as they were previously with Warrior, are FC Porto and Sevilla. “Through these sponsorships, New Balance will bring its wealth of technical expertise and heritage to some of the biggest leagues in global football,” the company said.

One new name is coming under the wing of the sports brand: Stoke City. “The club is a cornerstone of the English game and mirrors New Balance’s own rich heritage in sport,” said New Balance Football who added that the deal will “further enhance New Balance’s expansion into football, cementing an impactful presence in the Premier League for the brand.”

Richard Wright, General Manager of New Balance Football, said: “We believe this global portfolio of clubs is an incredibly strong line-up for New Balance’s entry into the football market. We have four clubs all with distinctive, exciting identities and which will play a key role in taking New Balance Football to a truly global audience. This is an exciting, unprecedented start and we look forward to working with these clubs for many years to come.”

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #5490 on: February 5, 2015, 09:17:57 am »
So have we extended our contract with NB/Warrior? I guess we must have in order to get more money out of them. This is just a bit like Adidas coming in to replace Reebok.

As long as the money is good, not bothered in the slightest, though I probably won't buy the kit if that is indeed their first effort.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #5492 on: February 5, 2015, 09:50:14 am »
Anyone got any idea of how much this is?

Recording breaking would mean it's more than the £25mil per season we were already getting?

According to Jim Boardman, it's in excess of $40m per year, which is about £26.5m.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #5493 on: February 5, 2015, 10:02:27 am »
The Club press release:

Liverpool FC announce record-breaking kit deal with New Balance

Liverpool FC today announced sports apparel manufacturer, New Balance as their official kit supplier from the 2015/16 football season. The multi-year partnership has become the biggest kit supplier deal in the Club’s history.

New Balance, one of the world’s major sportswear manufacturers, will be responsible for designing the Club’s kits and training apparel. LFC products will be sold through over 500 New Balance retail stores around the globe and will support New Balance’s growth and entry into the football market.

“We are thrilled to announce this partnership with one of the world’s leading sportswear brands, which is a record-breaking deal for the Club”, commented Billy Hogan, Chief Commercial Officer at Liverpool FC.

“Like Liverpool FC, New Balance has over 100 years of heritage and a global footprint. Not only are they well known for their technical innovation across a range of sports but they also have a presence in many countries across the world, which will all feature LFC kit. We are very excited about joining forces with them”, he added.

New Balance is one of America’s largest private businesses. The Boston-based company employs over 4,000 people and has manufacturing sites in the USA and UK.

Richard Wright, General Manager of New Balance Football said: “Liverpool FC is one of the most successful and decorated clubs in world football and we’re delighted to partner with them. The partnership represents an important step for New Balance launching into football and reflects the global growth ambitions of the brand. Over the course of the contract New Balance will bring innovation and world class product to Liverpool FC and its global fan base”.

This new partnership continues the strong and ongoing relationship that New Balance has with Fenway Sports Group (FSG). The sportswear manufacturer also has a long-standing partnership with the Boston Red Sox and has previously been involved with Roush Fenway, both owned by FSG.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5494 on: February 5, 2015, 11:16:08 am »
How many years is this new deal?
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5495 on: February 5, 2015, 11:20:15 am »
All looks decent and well marketed thus far, the gear the players are in looks pretty good and understated which could be a good sign for training gear.

Also interesting that they've got some big players signed up to use their boots, the Warrior boots were absolutely disgusting, low quality garbage so will be interesting to see if they push on and up their game on that side of things too.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5496 on: February 5, 2015, 11:45:54 am »
Maybe im cynical, but i dont image any change in quality or design. Its just a rebranding exercise. Money is great but the shirts will continue to be crap.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5497 on: February 5, 2015, 11:48:19 am »
Not according to that...

Ahem

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-balance-take-over-liverpool-8584513

"The change has no impact on the terms of the lucrative six-year contract Liverpool signed with Warrior before the start of the 2012/13 season which is worth a guaranteed £25million per year."

All's thats happened is that NB have folded Warrior and inherited the contract.

Which is exactly what we said last August.
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5498 on: February 5, 2015, 12:06:49 pm »
Ahem

Ahem

The Club press release:

Liverpool FC today announced sports apparel manufacturer, New Balance as their official kit supplier from the 2015/16 football season. The multi-year partnership has become the biggest kit supplier deal in the Club’s history.

New Balance, one of the world’s major sportswear manufacturers, will be responsible for designing the Club’s kits and training apparel. LFC products will be sold through over 500 New Balance retail stores around the globe and will support New Balance’s growth and entry into the football market.

“We are thrilled to announce this partnership with one of the world’s leading sportswear brands, which is a record-breaking deal for the Club”, commented Billy Hogan, Chief Commercial Officer at Liverpool FC.

“Like Liverpool FC, New Balance has over 100 years of heritage and a global footprint. Not only are they well known for their technical innovation across a range of sports but they also have a presence in many countries across the world, which will all feature LFC kit. We are very excited about joining forces with them”, he added.

New Balance is one of America’s largest private businesses. The Boston-based company employs over 4,000 people and has manufacturing sites in the USA and UK.

Richard Wright, General Manager of New Balance Football said: “Liverpool FC is one of the most successful and decorated clubs in world football and we’re delighted to partner with them. The partnership represents an important step for New Balance launching into football and reflects the global growth ambitions of the brand. Over the course of the contract New Balance will bring innovation and world class product to Liverpool FC and its global fan base”.

This new partnership continues the strong and ongoing relationship that New Balance has with Fenway Sports Group (FSG). The sportswear manufacturer also has a long-standing partnership with the Boston Red Sox and has previously been involved with Roush Fenway, both owned by FSG.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5499 on: February 5, 2015, 12:15:32 pm »
Ahem

The Club press release:

'Has become'

Ergo, it was already an existing arrangement

Offline Godmadebloodred

• Legacy Fan
  • The Beanitezls
« Reply #5500 on: February 5, 2015, 12:18:57 pm »
I hope they'd drop the tag "We come not to play."

If not to play, then what the hell are you doing on the pitch!?!?!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5501 on: February 5, 2015, 12:21:06 pm »
'Has become'

Ergo, it was already an existing arrangement

'Has become'

Ergo, was signed recently and isn't due to be signed (so 'will become'), therefore it "has become the biggest kit supplier in the Club's history."

to be honest either of us could be right. I'd would of guessed they'd just be continuing the original agreement however between the dubiously worded article and Jim Boardman saying it's a bigger deal there are doubts there.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #5502 on: February 5, 2015, 12:28:50 pm »
pics or it didn't happen

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5503 on: February 5, 2015, 12:30:56 pm »
I hope they'd drop the tag "We come not to play."

If not to play, then what the hell are you doing on the pitch!?!?!

The tag changes every season.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5504 on: February 5, 2015, 12:36:18 pm »
Same deal, just transferred over to a new branding name, which was always the plan.

It's only a 'new deal' because it's with a different trading name.

It's great publicity if you start throwing in things like '£300m deal'. That sort of thing generates headlines and publicity, rather than announcing a straightforward 'transfer of existing deal' which essentially is what it is.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5505 on: February 5, 2015, 12:41:51 pm »
Same deal, just transferred over to a new branding name, which was always the plan.

It's only a 'new deal' because it's with a different trading name.

It's great publicity if you start throwing in things like '£300m deal'. That sort of thing generates headlines and publicity, rather than announcing a straightforward 'transfer of existing deal' which essentially is what it is.

Source, or just guessing?

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5506 on: February 5, 2015, 12:44:23 pm »
New Balance is a great company.  My wife worked in the corporate office for years.  This is much better than Nike, Adidas, etc
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #5507 on: February 5, 2015, 12:48:47 pm »
Yeah cause your wife's experience means something to what new balance offers as kit providers. ???

All I want to know is are they offering us more money than everyone else. Dont care so much about designs.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5508 on: February 5, 2015, 12:51:23 pm »
Yeah cause your wife's experience means something to what new balance offers as kit providers. ???

He didn't attempt to comment on what they'd offer us as kit providers, he simply said they are a good company having heard/seen from his wife who worked for them for years.

Not that hard to understand.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5509 on: February 5, 2015, 12:53:47 pm »
'Has become'

Ergo, was signed recently and isn't due to be signed (so 'will become'), therefore it "has become the biggest kit supplier in the Club's history."

to be honest either of us could be right. I'd would of guessed they'd just be continuing the original agreement however between the dubiously worded article and Jim Boardman saying it's a bigger deal there are doubts there.

To be honest, I only know because the same person who told us last year what was happening has told me its the same deal, and he'd know.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5510 on: February 5, 2015, 12:54:39 pm »
To be honest, I only know because the same person who told us last year what was happening has told me its the same deal, and he'd know.

Will take your word for it, it was what I expected to be honest.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5511 on: February 5, 2015, 12:56:41 pm »
The very first Warrior home kit was great, pure red, simple design, I still wear mine, and will do until there's another nice home kit.

Offline stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5512 on: February 5, 2015, 12:57:45 pm »
Source, or just guessing?

That's how it is.

Anyone can work it out, It really isn't that difficult to understand.

The PR team have worked their magic, to ensure that the simple transfer over of the existing six-year deal sounds a hell of a lot better than what it actually is.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5513 on: February 5, 2015, 01:00:03 pm »
That's how it is.

Guess then, that's all you had to say  :thumbup

Offline stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5514 on: February 5, 2015, 01:13:00 pm »
Guess then, that's all you had to say  :thumbup

OK, here you go. From the original deal in 2012:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/jan/19/liverpool-kit-deal-warrior-sports1

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-feel-could-make-300million-3310288

Now ask yourself, why have Liverpool stated it is a 'multi-year' partnership, and not, for example, a five-year deal? How many deals like this are 'multi-year' with no specific end/renewal point?

And why have they also said it does not compromise the existing deal with Warrior (owned by New Balance), of which this is the third season of six?

And why have they not thrown in any new figures of annual payments?

As I said, it's basically the same deal, under a different name.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5515 on: February 5, 2015, 01:14:00 pm »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5516 on: February 5, 2015, 01:21:34 pm »
snip

I'm not disagreeing that it's the probable outcome, but you were so matter of fact about it that I thought you surely had more sources to go on (like Don Vito) rather than just guessing due to the press release and what it did/didn't tell us.

Offline stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5517 on: February 5, 2015, 01:45:50 pm »
Ah, I see where you're coming from now. Apologies if my response sounded a little flippant.

But yep, unless the club tell us any different, its the same deal. It's always been common knowledge that it was going to transfer to NB halfway through. The announcement has just really made it sound a lot better than it actually is.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #5518 on: February 5, 2015, 01:46:27 pm »

Offline danscib

• Main Stander
  • Igor in the changing room
« Reply #5519 on: February 5, 2015, 01:50:44 pm »
AH FUCK YES, NOW I CAN WEAR MY KIT AROUND EAST LONDON WITHOUT FEARING VERBAL THREATS ABOUT MY CLOTHING AND FASHION CHOICES. HAPPY DAYZ AHEAD