Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3472088 times)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #45680 on: July 6, 2017, 05:16:22 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Tm0V24IEHao" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Tm0V24IEHao</a>
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #45681 on: July 8, 2017, 12:45:36 am »
What Youtube shows do people watch about films?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #45682 on: July 8, 2017, 08:28:55 am »

Certainly Red Letter Media

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrTNhL_yO3tPTdQ5XgmmWjA

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #45683 on: July 8, 2017, 12:32:45 pm »
Went to Baby Driver with my daughter (14) who loved it and I thought it was very very good, soundtrack alone is class.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #45684 on: July 8, 2017, 07:25:02 pm »
Certainly Red Letter Media

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrTNhL_yO3tPTdQ5XgmmWjA

Clicked in to have a look. First link I clicked on was a review of the new Tranformers movie. I think I might like these guys  :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PiRS1b--TTQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PiRS1b--TTQ</a>

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #45685 on: July 8, 2017, 08:41:23 pm »
Watched Wonder Woman and it was very good but by jesus Gal Gadot is fit as.......
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #45686 on: July 8, 2017, 08:56:29 pm »

I like Beyond The Trailer don't always agree with her but she knows her stuff because she has worked in movies.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BeyondTheTrailer

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IBlGBfnSAiw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IBlGBfnSAiw</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #45687 on: July 9, 2017, 12:38:10 am »
Just watched The Circle personally I thought it was a brilliant film.

Up there with "Her" about the effects of technology on people's lives.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45688 on: July 9, 2017, 09:44:33 am »

Every Frame a Painting

https://www.youtube.com/user/everyframeapainting

Hasn't made a video in a while which is a shame.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45689 on: July 9, 2017, 10:55:32 am »

As well as those mentioned, Chainsawsuit do "Movies with Mikey", which he does an episode on one film in particular and breaks it down, explains some of its deeper meaning or just why he had a personal connection to it, really brilliant stuff.

Channel Criswell, Kaptainkristian and Now You See It all do good stuff, as does Lessons From The Screenplay. Then you have people like Nerdwriter and New Rockstars that do TV and other stuff, but will breakdown films too, Rockstars do videos going over easter eggs and things you may have missed if youre into that stuff, Nerdwriter has the odd really good video but like I said, he does cover a wide variety of other topics not just film.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #45690 on: July 9, 2017, 12:13:29 pm »
Clicked in to have a look. First link I clicked on was a review of the new Tranformers movie. I think I might like these guys  :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PiRS1b--TTQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PiRS1b--TTQ</a>

Some of their "best of the worst" videos are genius

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45691 on: July 9, 2017, 12:35:14 pm »
Some of their "best of the worst" videos are genius
I remember watching some of them, and one of the clips was a movie called 'Ninja Vengeance', about a ninja fighting the KKK.....
That film is actually on Netflix if anyone want's to give it a watch :D

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45692 on: July 9, 2017, 12:44:57 pm »
I remember watching some of them, and one of the clips was a movie called 'Ninja Vengeance', about a ninja fighting the KKK.....
That film is actually on Netflix if anyone want's to give it a watch :D

That's my Sunday afternoon sorted  :D

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #45693 on: July 9, 2017, 09:13:38 pm »
I seem to be going though a strange phase liking films other people don't.

Just watched The fate and the furious and I really enjoyed it.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45694 on: July 9, 2017, 10:15:23 pm »
Anybody seen "A Most Violent Year"? Picked it up on blu ray for a quid 😆

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45695 on: July 9, 2017, 10:54:11 pm »
The Purge - Electoral Year: stunning take on modern society.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #45696 on: July 9, 2017, 11:44:53 pm »

It's the old story of the migrant mafioso, told well.

You did well to pick it up for a quid.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #45697 on: July 10, 2017, 09:02:10 am »

Found it a bit underwhelming but decent watch.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45698 on: July 10, 2017, 07:52:23 pm »
Just booked seats for 'War for the Planet of the Apes' in 3D for Thursday night.

Really looking forward to it and it's getting some great reviews. :)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #45699 on: July 11, 2017, 12:28:16 am »
The Mummy 2017 1080p HC HDRip X264 AC3-EVO

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #45700 on: July 11, 2017, 01:29:07 pm »
The Mummy 2017 1080p HC HDRip X264 AC3-EVO
;)

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45701 on: July 11, 2017, 02:27:56 pm »
;)
It was fucking hilariously bad ;D ;D ;D ;D passed the time though as I cooked a veggie chilli then ironed work shirts.

Somehow then managed to shoehorn Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde into it then set the whole mess up for multiple sequels! Crazy!

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #45702 on: July 11, 2017, 03:55:15 pm »
It was fucking hilariously bad ;D ;D ;D ;D passed the time though as I cooked a veggie chilli then ironed work shirts.

Somehow then managed to shoehorn Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde into it then set the whole mess up for multiple sequels! Crazy!
Normally I'd think your taking the pis...but...FFS!  ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45703 on: July 11, 2017, 03:59:04 pm »
Normally I'd think your taking the pis...but...FFS!  ;D
When Russell Crowe's character started to introduce himself as Dr Jekyll I thought he was going to do an actual lol or maybe a lmfao, either way how he kept a straight face is anyone's guess ;D

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #45704 on: July 12, 2017, 10:55:19 am »
When Russell Crowe's character started to introduce himself as Dr Jekyll I thought he was going to do an actual lol or maybe a lmfao, either way how he kept a straight face is anyone's guess ;D

Still one of the better moments in that film. What a fucking mess. Not a fan of Cruise at the best of times but he really phones it in for this one. I was pining for Brendan Fraser, and I didn't like that movie either.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45705 on: July 12, 2017, 10:59:00 am »
Still one of the better moments in that film. What a fucking mess. Not a fan of Cruise at the best of times but he really phones it in for this one. I was pining for Brendan Fraser, and I didn't like that movie either.
The way he kept saying "Jennnneeey" reminded me of Forest Gump ;D ;D ;D

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #45706 on: July 12, 2017, 11:22:27 am »
Well, he is known to run a lot in his films.

But somehow I doubt he would spaff so readily upon catching a nipfeel; I imagine he would possibly require some other form of stimulation, perhaps more in keeping with the particularly refined tastes of a gentleman's gentleman.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #45707 on: July 12, 2017, 02:25:41 pm »

Isnt this film the start of the The Dark Universe franchise to rival Marvels.

I guess after a while we will get flims like Frankenstein V The Mummy like the old days.

Or will it end up going down the Abbott & Costello route so we end up getting Ant & Dec V The Wolfman.

Just Googled it.

The Dark Universe explained: The Mummy, Bride Of Frankenstein, The Invisible Man and all the Universal monsters

Do the monster-mash.

Universal studios has been building up to its own MCU-style shared Universe for a while, but now it has announced what the monstrous world will be called. Introducing: The Dark Universe.

The Dark Universe will begin with The Mummy, heading to UK cinemas on June 9, and will continue with movies featuring a menagerie of creatures from the classic Universal slate. But which? And who? And when?

Here's our handy explainer bringing you everything you need to about the wider world of the Universal monsters.

The Dark Universe: Universal Monsters and where it all began

Back in the early(ish) days of cinema, from the '20s to the '50s, Universal studios released a rash of monster movies. These started with early silents including The Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Phantom of the Opera and continued with the "talkies" like Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, The Invisible Man, Bride Of Frankenstein, The Wolfman and Creature from the Black Lagoon as well as numerous sequels and spin-offs.

It also included some less-well-known titles such as Weird Woman, The Frozen Ghost, Pillow Of Death and The Mole People (we can but hope The Dark Universe taps into some of these gems).

Universal mainstays included actors Lon Chaney, Lon Chaney Jr, Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff – it's considered part of a golden age of the creature feature, many of which have been remade since.
The Dark Universe: The Mummy and what's next

Though Universal released Dracula Untold in 2014, originally planning it as the first film in the Universal monsters reboot, it was critically mauled. So they've now started again. The Mummy, starring Tom Cruise and Sofia Boutella and directed by Alex Kurztman will now be the first title officially in the Dark Universe.

Tom Cruise plays our hero Nick Morton, who looks from the trailers like he may have been possessed by the spirit of The Mummy (Boutella), or some similar ancient evil.

The official synopsis of The Mummy is this:

"Thought safely entombed in a crypt deep beneath the unforgiving desert, an ancient queen (Sofia Boutella of Kingsman: The Secret Service and Star Trek Beyond) whose destiny was unjustly taken from her, is awakened in our current day, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia and terrors that defy human comprehension.

"From the sweeping sands of the Middle East through hidden labyrinths under modern-day London, The Mummy brings a surprising intensity and balance of wonder and thrills in an imaginative new take that ushers in a new world of gods and monsters."

So there's that.
The Dark Universe: Prodigium and how the films link together.

The Mummy director Alex Kurtzman is set to produce and oversee the slated Dark Universe movies along with Chris Morgan, but we don't know too much about the master plan.

It's early doors since we haven't yet had a chance to see The Mummy, and we suspect all will become clearer once we have.

However, early indications suggest the Universe will be linked by an organisation called Prodigium, run by none other than Doctor Henry Jeykll (Russell Crowe)

Prodigium is a research facility based in the Natural History Museum, set up specifically to identify and destroy "evil". It looks like Prodigium will be a through-line throughout the Dark Universe, with Jekyll acting as something like the equivalent of SHIELD's Nick Fury.

Only of course, as we know Jekyll is also sometimes the rather less savoury Mr Hyde – we've had a tiny glimpse of his monstrous side in an early clip. It takes a monster to catch a monster, he mentions...
The Dark Universal: Bride of Frankenstein and what comes next?

With the announcement of the Dark Universe, Universal also firmed up their plan for a follow up. It'll be Bride of Frankenstein, directed by Beauty and The Beast man Bill Condon and starring Javier Bardem as Frankenstein's monster.

It's currently planned for February 14, 2019. Yep, that's Valentine's day, which, with the choice of Condon could indicate that this will take a rather romantic and wistful turn as far as monster movies go (hell, it's basically Beast and The Other Beast).

Surprised that Bride of... is coming before a standalone Frankenstein movie? We have no reason to believe the Dark Universe will follow anything but the bare bones of the original stories – indeed they're set in the modern day (or at least The Mummy is – Bride could be an origin story standalone). Some argue that James Whale's fantastic Bride surpasses his original Frankenstein – the Bride only really arrives at the end of the film anyway so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to combine two origin stories.

The Bride hasn't yet been cast. Emma Watson in a massive wig? Stranger things have happened.
The Dark Universe: Invisible Man, Wolf Man and all the films currently slated

After Bride of Frankenstein Universal currently has four more films officially planned.

These are:

The Creature From The Black Lagoon

Currently listed for 2019, it's without a director or cast but it does have a writer in Will Beall who wrote the script for Aquaman – he clearly has an affinity with the aquatic. The story follows a prehistorical creature unearthed in a... well, a black lagoon deep in the Amazon.

The Invisible Man

Johnny Depp is signed on to star in this movie set for 2020. The original was based on the HG Wells story of the same name about scientist Doctor Griffin (Depp) who developed a formula to make himself invisible which he is then unable to reverse.

In the novel he's a psychopath before he even experiments on himself – this could well take a dark turn.

Van Helsing

Introduced in Bram Stoker's Dracula novel, Van Helsing was a Dutch Doctor who became the Vampire overlord's arch enemy. This could be Universal's chance to re-introduce Dracula to the Dark Universe, though in other adaps (including the one starring Hugh Jackman – above) Van Helsing has been know to fight other monsters including the Wolfman and Mr Hyde himself.

Could this be the film for Hyde to hand over control of Prodigium? It's WAY too early to tell – the movie's not yet dated. Dan Mazeau, who wrote Wrath of the Titans, is on screenplay duties.

The Wolfman

Also as yet undated is Universal's werewolf mainstay, most recently brought to the big screen in 2010 starring Benecio Del Toro. Aaron Guzikowski, who wrote 2013's Prisoners, is working on the screenplay – no cast or director are currently attached.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/the-mummy/feature/a829209/universal-dark-universe-the-mummy-bride-of-frankenstein-the-invisible-man-trailer-release-date/
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 02:32:05 pm by Trada »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #45708 on: July 12, 2017, 02:47:53 pm »
Yes, it's a slightly odd way to go about it.

I mean, ok, it's not like you need to introduce Dracula and Frankenstein to a new audience, but if they were really following the Marvel model, they would have done the "origin" movies first, much as Universal did the first time around, and let the Universe build organically.

Instead it's all a bit like microwave cooking. The way Jekyll is thrown into the Mummy plot - you find out who he is quite early on and then you're just waiting for the transformation, which is ultimately a bit disappointing, but they've spaffed it now so that opportunity is gone.

I can't imagine they will get very far with this as a concept unless they do a lot better with the follow-ups.

My money is on the Kong: Skull Island monster Universe being the next thing. That got off to a great start with a fun movie that barely teased the direction the rest of the series could take, but did enough so the follow-ups should slot in.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45709 on: July 12, 2017, 03:56:23 pm »
Found Baby Driver drivel.

Have liked Wrights previous efforts and laughed consistently throughout, but no idea what this was meant to be.

If it was a comedy, it wasn't particularly funny. The Jamie Fox and Kevin Spacey roles were funnier when they both appeared in Horrible Bosses. If it was action it's been done before. If it was going for cool it's been done infinitely cooler in Drive. If it was romance Wright did it better in Scott Pilgrim. Even the gimmick of playing classic songs on an iPod constantly worn by the lead character was done much better in Guardians of the Galaxy.

We left the silent cinema after the hour mark. 4/10 upto that point for me, solely for a cool car chase at the start.

Edit: think I might have confused Edgar Wright with Michael Vaughan doh! 😳 Although I did like the Simon Pegg films I realise my expectations may have been for something different. Research your films folks!!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 04:56:48 pm by CrasherKid79 »

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45710 on: July 12, 2017, 05:43:01 pm »
Each to their own and all that I guess, but I've never seen anyone sync one of the best car chase scenes in history exactly to a John Spencer Blues Explosion song.

I mean, walking out of it is mental imo, and I *think* if you left an hour in you missed two of my favourite bits of the film, but if you werent enjoying it I guess thats your right.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #45711 on: July 12, 2017, 06:12:34 pm »
Found Baby Driver drivel.

Have liked Wrights previous efforts and laughed consistently throughout, but no idea what this was meant to be.

If it was a comedy, it wasn't particularly funny. The Jamie Fox and Kevin Spacey roles were funnier when they both appeared in Horrible Bosses. If it was action it's been done before. If it was going for cool it's been done infinitely cooler in The Driver. If it was romance Wright did it better in Scott Pilgrim. Even the gimmick of playing classic songs on an iPod constantly worn by the lead character was done much better in Guardians of the Galaxy.

We left the silent cinema after the hour mark. 4/10 upto that point for me, solely for a cool car chase at the start.

Edit: think I might have confused Edgar Wright with Michael Vaughan doh! 😳 Although I did like the Simon Pegg films I realise my expectations may have been for something different. Research your films folks!!
Fixed. ;) Walter Hill does it better. 8)

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #45712 on: July 12, 2017, 11:36:01 pm »
Christopher Nolans Dunkirk is getting rave reviews saying it ground breaking I hope its true.

Saying things like "Its Like virtual reality without the goggles"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Wt4rWj8pYmA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Wt4rWj8pYmA</a>

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:48:05 pm by Trada »

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45713 on: July 13, 2017, 06:49:33 pm »
Christopher Nolans Dunkirk is getting rave reviews saying it ground breaking I hope its true.

Saying things like "Its Like virtual reality without the goggles"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Wt4rWj8pYmA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Wt4rWj8pYmA</a>

Getting excited to see it now, will be my first IMAX movie too.

Some quotes after the premiere.

Edgar Wright: A pause in plugging my own movie to say: 'DUNKIRK' is a powerful, immersive, intense masterpiece that demands it be seen on the big screen.

Rian Johnson: Dunkirk is an all timer. It's so good it feels like a war movie you'd discover on TCM at 2am. You expect Lee Marvin to show up in it.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #45714 on: July 13, 2017, 08:43:43 pm »
I just watched a movie I downloaded about Christine Chubbuck a reporter in the 1970's in Florida (I wont spoil the main story) but it was heart-breaking and a wonderfully patient character depiction by Rebecca Hall

Its called Christine and was out last year. I remember seeing trailers and thinking how much I wanted to se it but it didn't get a wide release

Seek it out, its a bit claustrophobic at times and if you can relate to some of the issues in the movie I'm sure you will enjoy it (if that's the right word)

Theres a documentary called 'Kate plays Christine' which is about the same story that Ive downloaded too and just about to watch
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45715 on: July 13, 2017, 09:47:53 pm »
Fook, Dunkirk looks great.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45716 on: July 14, 2017, 10:10:53 am »
Watched 'War for the Planet of the Apes' last night in 3D and as you would expect it was a visually stunning movie and in my opinion a wonderfully spent 2 hours of my life.

As Ceaser and his tribe embarked on an epic quest the movie was action packed, funny, sometimes shocking and very touching in parts. I personally think they were pushing the boundaries of a 12a certificate which was fine by me :)

To me, the movie felt like it had a variety of genres and gave some big nods to various classic movies..
Spoiler
Apocalypse Now being the main one
[close]

It seems weird praising the acting of a CGI Ape character but Andy Serkis was fucking brilliant as Ceaser.  And the face off between him and Woody Harrelsons character was superb.

OK, as usual there are certain segments of the movie where you may feel like rolling your eyes to the heavens, but the film is essentially about super intelligent talking apes who ride around on horseback toting machine guns, so I understand the film makers have quite a bit of artistic licence to play with.

I think I still prefer the first movie (Rise) by a shade but 'War' definitely beats 'Dawn' hands down IMO.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45717 on: July 15, 2017, 09:48:51 am »
Watched Kingsman: The Secret Service last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to the sequel due in September.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #45718 on: July 15, 2017, 04:34:16 pm »
I just watched a movie I downloaded about Christine Chubbuck a reporter in the 1970's in Florida (I wont spoil the main story) but it was heart-breaking and a wonderfully patient character depiction by Rebecca Hall

Its called Christine and was out last year. I remember seeing trailers and thinking how much I wanted to se it but it didn't get a wide release

Seek it out, its a bit claustrophobic at times and if you can relate to some of the issues in the movie I'm sure you will enjoy it (if that's the right word)

Theres a documentary called 'Kate plays Christine' which is about the same story that Ive downloaded too and just about to watch

Watched "Christine" a couple of months ago, like you say a very claustrophobic film. Thought the lead was well acted. Good film.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45719 on: July 16, 2017, 03:00:51 am »
just rewatched Blade Runner. the best B-movie ever ? or should it step into the octagon with The Thing and fight for the title