Author Topic: I am sorry, Mr Ferguson...  (Read 44233 times)

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
I am sorry, Mr Ferguson...
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:21:09 am »

This season has been a fantastic one for me as a Liverpool supporter. I couldn’t have enjoyed everything about it any more. Everything from beating United 4-1, or drawing with stoke City 0-0, to 4 all thrillers with Chelsea and Arsenal respectively. It’s been absolutely fantastic and I’ve loved every single minute of the ups and downs on the pitch.

What’s really stirred me though, what has made me so buoyant about my club, world football and particularly about our future, is the signs this season holds in clear view, in flashing red and white lights for everybody involved in top flight football and indeed for the world to see. What has particularly has fascinated me, has been Mr Ferguson’s reaction.

Before I go on however, I’m still looking no further than the remainder of this season. There’s still so much to play for. It’s unlikely that we will win the title, and yes we know how we love nothing more than to achieve the impossible, but I didn’t expect us to come even this far at the beginning of September. It’s another reason about my joy with this season – I knew it was possible we could do this well, but because I didn’t expect it to be the case makes it much the sweeter. The same way I don’t expect us to win the title, but that’s certainly not to say we aren’t capable of it, I know we are.

And that’s the reason I refuse to lose belief. We may well come off second best but by fuck do I want to go down without a fight to the death. We are not going to win fuck all unless we fucking want it. We need to absolutely steam roll anyone who stands in our way until it is mathematically impossible for us to clinch it. Put the pressure on the neighbours down the road. That’s the only way they will buckle, if we force them too. Giving up the title now would be like handing it them on a plate. Fuck….that.

It really will blow one last warning into United’s face for next season, finishing strong this time round. It sends a message loud and clear that we are capable of fighting until the bitter, bitter end, and that’s what they will be up against next season. Not only will Rafa, the players, staff and fans be ferociously snarling and seething at the mouth come September, but United and Fergie will be fully aware that we are psychologically tough and determined enough to throw a full assault at the title next season. Not only that, but Rafa has the summer time to analyse and tinker with this already extremely strong squad; just a few minor adjustments to really let the shackles off.

Mr Ferguson is all too aware of this threat, and this season his ears have pricked and he’s started barking. He and Rafa have never been, how do you say…? As thick as thieves - you could almost taste a strong disliking to one another. Rafa came here as we became his project. The man refuses to be second best. His mentality is to win. The best manager in the world, managing the best team in the world, that he has created and sculpted, and are the dominate force in all European football. That’s his goal over the next 5 years. Doubtlessly.

And how Mr Fergoson disapproves. The media coverage this season between the two has riled me, humoured me, and caused endless debates between me and my mates. As much as it has caused mixed emotions and discussions, it’s intrigued me. It’s fantastic to see Fergie so wound up. He’s rattled alright, big time.

He knows full well that the pressure is on this season. If we carry on the way we have been with the run in we’ve got, he knows we will not stop rampaging through games until the race is done and dusted. He’s spoken out a lot this season, in his usual manner, lacking in discretion, and a full on approach. That’s how he works when his back is up, and it’s held him in good stead for a number of years. Rafa however, is subtle and mischievous in his handling of the media, making his point clear but giving nothing away. Never would you see the man sinking to the desperate lows of calling up his mate and saying “look how Mr Ferguson has disgraced you”. Rafa isn’t here to make friends in the right places and manipulate people, he’s here to fight one on one with whoever stands in his way of dominance.

It is clear Mr Ferguson isn’t just scared of throwing this season away. He’s scared of being knocked off his perch in the long term. The wrath he will face next season as we pounce towards his jugular while he’s still barking away has him massively concerned. That’s why he is barking just so loudly while we stare and snarl with intent. It’s one last desperate attempt to scare off Benitez. One last throw of the dice before the fight threatens his superiority. 

Well I’m sorry Mr Ferguson, although I’m not all that apologetic about it. But we are obsessed with that title. We might not win this battle, but the war is just beginning. You’d have to agree though, Mr Ferguson, that surely the war can’t go on all that long? You are an aging dog I’m afraid, Sir. You have to ask yourself the question Mr Ferguson, have you got enough fight in you to compete for the long haul? To finally put United’s name above Liverpool’s? And even if you do somehow manage that Mr Ferguson, how long will it last, given your age? One season? It’s hardly putting Manchester United in a league of their own, in the grand sceme, Mr Ferguson. If I might be so bold.

Even if we don’t win fuck all this season ladies and gentleman. We will not fall to pieces. Rafa is bringing back the glory days. And I do apologise Mr Ferguson, but there is fuck all you can do about it.

:wave

Amen.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:19:39 am by -Daws- »
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline Marko B

• Legacy Fan
  • Ray Osbourne RIP
Re: I am sorry, Mr Ferguson...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 12:23:47 am »
Here here. We have time on our hands. Their run is coming to an end and by f*ck does it makes me smile.
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
“I was not fighting for the power. I didn’t need more power. I was fighting for the future of the club.”

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 12:26:12 am »
Great post that! The end is nigh for the Mancs, Bacon face knows it, their players know it and so do their 'fans'.

They are shitting it!   ;D

Amen.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 12:31:20 am »
Amen to that post ,

apparantly a Utd player told a Liverpool player recently that they (Utd) are feeling tired ,
this according to Ballague Podcast . . may be bullshit but food for thought and it would tie in
with my own belief that something just isnt right with Utd at the moment . . .
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 12:37:48 am »
Amen to that post ,

apparantly a Utd player told a Liverpool player recently that they (Utd) are feeling tired ,
this according to Ballague Podcast . . may be bullshit but food for thought and it would tie in
with my own belief that something just isnt right with Utd at the moment . . .

It's in their mindset, they know that they are in trouble, they look over their shoulders and all they see is us.

Whatever happens over the next month, could make us for the next decade as for the mancs - they are done!
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Pissin all over the world

• Main Stander
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 12:45:26 am »
Great post, i am absolutely convinced that we will bring number 19 home next season and who know with it the added bonus of that Gin soaked bastard retiring. It would destroy everything hes done over the last twenty years if we were to make it 19-18 next season and as i say i am sure we will do it. Think the biggest threat to us would be if Hiddink stayed at Chelsea.
SITTIN ON THE DOCK OF THE BAY LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADD!!!

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 12:48:28 am »
Rafa is bringing back the glory days. And I do apologise Mr Ferguson, but there is fuck all you can do about.

:thumbup :wellin

And could I use that as my signature?

Great post. Sums up what every supporter feels.

Offline SuperSub77

• Kopite
  • Scals aren't what they used to be
    • terrace ultra
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 02:18:21 am »
I enjoyed that Daws, a real positive post and worth the read.

I recently felt for the first time ever that the Ferguson reign is coming to an end. It his decisions, his reactions and his tactics.

IMO the English top division runs in cycles, whereby the dominant force is the one to devop a style and approach that is new and superior to the style of the division.

In the 70's, when the rest of the league were clogging and hoofing, we were supremely fit and quick.

In the 80's we added to the fitness with a quicker pass n move game while the rest of the league were either long ball, wingers or headless chickens.

Ferguson then ended our reign and credit to him, he has evolved over the years and developed some great teams.

But I feel that his cycle is coming to an end, and thus Man Utd. Football has become much more technical nowadays, scrutinising tactics and practicing details, working like a machine with the flair as a bonus.

This is the new style, and Rafa is the Master.
"I was a teenage armchair Honved fan"

Offline kopside

• Main Stander
  • Anything is possible for those who believe.
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 02:36:07 am »
fucking hell how refreshing was that post.!! nice one

Offline mightykopite8

• Legacy Fan
  • 18 + 5
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 02:47:47 am »
amen son....
FUCK OFF MANCS!!!

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 02:51:12 am »
Brilliant daws, simply brilliant! Sums up how I'm feeling at the moment perfectly! ;D
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 02:54:52 am »
Beautifully put! :)
We are Liverpool!

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 03:11:56 am »
:thumbup :wellin

And could I use that as my signature?

Great post. Sums up what every supporter feels.

With pleasure mate, go for it.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 03:32:46 am »
Top post. Enjoyable read.

The tide is turning
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do" - Oscar Gamble

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 03:40:51 am »
I especially liked the efficient use of 'Mr' Ferguson. Good post Daws.

Fight till the end!
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline Ellis

• Main Stander
  • Apex predator
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 03:46:12 am »
amen to that!

quit while you're ahead mr ferguson.

Offline Hoodfella

• Attention seeker. ENT Speciallist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Strictly Morrocan Hashish - No Skunk here son!
    • TRIGGS VEGA
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 04:09:36 am »
Top post, enjoyed that.

Especially these:

The man refuses to be second best. His mentality is to win. The best manager in the world, managing the best team in the world, that he has created and sculpted, and are the dominate force in all European football. That’s his goal over the next 5 years. Doubtlessly.

Rafa isn’t here to make friends in the right places and manipulate people, he’s here to fight one on one with whoever stands in his way of dominance.

Rafa is bringing back the glory days. And I do apologise Mr Ferguson, but there is fuck all you can do about it.
If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If you don't, you will find an excuse.

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. 

Plato o Plomo - Pablo Escobar.

Hashish is both the cause of and solution to all of my problems!

Offline matchoftheday

• Kopite
  • Dog
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 04:12:52 am »
This is the perfect pick me up in the middle of coursework at 4.12 am!

Rafa is bringing back the glory days. And I do apologise Mr Ferguson, but there is fuck all you can do about it.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 04:34:28 am by matchoftheday »

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 04:26:37 am »
Is this a give-up thread?  ;D

Anyway, agree with the sentiment and remember, even if they won it, they did not take us down from our perch. They would just sit next to us before we kick them back to where they belong!
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Mcbotar

• Main Stander
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 04:51:21 am »
Amen!!

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 05:24:05 am »
Top top post mate!

Offline neutron

• Anny Roader
  • Used to be 6 bob to get in...yadder, yadder
    • The Phil Newton Website
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 06:23:11 am »
Excellent post and just what I was saying to a very frantic, goggle-eyed, worried  manc on Wednesday evening - "if you DO win it this year, enjoy it - it'll be your last one for a long time!"

GERRIN' THERE!!!

Offline HiTs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • In Istanbul when we won it 5 times!
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 07:09:45 am »
Ffffing great post.
★      ★       ★       ★       ★       ★                        ★                          ★
77     78      81      84       05      19      World Champions 2019     Premier League 2020

Offline Fine Shagger, Danny Agger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 07:21:03 am »
Well I’m sorry Mr Ferguson, although I’m not all that apologetic about it. But we are obsessed with that title. We might not win this battle, but the war is just beginning.

Great, great post.
If you can see Martin Skrtel, he can see you.  If you can't see Martin Skrtel, you may be moments away from certain death.

Offline lainey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 07:22:25 am »
brilliant post

should re-motivate a few

don't give up - it's coming

Offline ben

• Legacy Fan
  • dont you know who i think i am?
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 07:25:59 am »
i don't know why people are so certain united's tenure is coming to an end when they're about to win the league and are favourites to get to rome. they have a world class squad and some fantastic young players. plus, when fergie goes mourinho could step in and just make them even harder to beat.

think we're all getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. yes liverpool are showing geniune signs of being able to compete now, but united will be up there for years to come yet, and arsenal and chelsea too.

this isn't aimed at the opening post, which i enjoyed. just people saying that the mancs are shitting themselves etc.

Offline wet echo

• trapped paper puncher in need of a work out
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 07:26:53 am »
well done son thats the spirit.

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 08:06:57 am »
One things for sure,win or come second this season that whiskey nosed bastards reign is coming to an end and he can do nothing about it but bitch to the media  :wanker
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline dorsetgill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 09:27:00 am »
What an Ace post.Well done.

Offline thom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 09:27:51 am »
great post, sums up my feelings perfectly...

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2009, 09:35:20 am »
Great post with the likes of giggs and scholes e.t.c nearing the end their midfield is very weak and they need some reinforcements and with tevez and ronaldos uncertain future more problems are ahead.Fergie only having a few years left their decline may be approaching sooner then people think. Yes their possibly at their strongest targetting another double but history has showed us an empire usually collapses when at it's strongest. Their youngsters are over hyped playing in winning team helps welbeck and mercheda were poor in the cup final without experiance around them.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 09:51:23 am by slickman »

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 09:36:11 am »
Enjoyed that, makes perfect sense. Cheers

Offline LukeD

• Middle aged perv on the school bus. Can't cope with massively fat tongues.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2009, 09:42:08 am »
Awesome!

So then Daws, did you sort out that journalism course or not?!

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2009, 09:43:45 am »
Great post Daws, thank you.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline Hyderabad Red

• Is back... and having an identity crisis.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2009, 09:44:06 am »
Amen bro..

Offline lincolnred-dad

• ok i'm an arse. a big fat arse.
  • Kopite
  • It's my bloody fence and I'm sitting on it!
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2009, 09:57:10 am »
the best thing is that even if it takes a couple of years to finally make the final step, if fergie gets them to 19 league and 5 euro trophies and then fucks off with a smile on his face having beaten our record, Rafa is there to take the record right back and there will be naff all that red nose can do about it. we'll be the most successful team again and fergie will just be resigned to the history books as a footnote.
If Tevez signs I will be the first man in history to run from Sydney to Melbourne in complete and utter nudity  :D

Offline Davies9

• Kemlynite
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2009, 09:58:34 am »
Great post Daws.  :) You really see the worst of that little shit, Mr Ferguson, when he is feeling the strain. It's great to watch. Rafa is building something special and looking at the long term, we have players with bags of talent and the right mentality, and I am loving it.  ;D

Offline Rossie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2009, 11:10:42 am »
I know it seems a tad over optimistic but, there's something inside me that makes me think we WILL still win the title this season.  Never give up lad, no walkin out when we're level or a goal down with a few mins to go, no sitting on your hands, this is not a time for that.  Get up on your feet and roar that team home with a hunger and a passion that only the 12th man of Liverpool is capable of.  I believe Yossi won us the title with his equelizer on Tuesday night.  18 -18?  Pah, 19 - 17!  YNWA
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."  Rafa Benitez, 01/Nov/'10.

Offline bod

• Main Stander
  • YNWA Rafa
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2009, 11:16:00 am »
Loved that Daws.  Always thought we'd let them catch up titles and then storm away again (obviously hoping it would be earlier).  We have the evidence that this scenario is about to be played out.

Offline EdEdP

• Anny Roader
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2009, 11:24:17 am »
Absolutely loved that post. Great effort!
Store in a cool, dry place.