Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 1 Manchester city Stones 24’ MacAllister 50’  (Read 29049 times)

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 1 Manchester city Stones 24’ MacAllister 50’
« Reply #1000 on: March 12, 2024, 08:59:26 am »
Nope, he was never giving it. Dermot Gallagher has obviously spoken to Oliver about it, as he stated on Ref Watch yesterday that Oliver told the VAR that Doku got to the ball first so it wasn't a pen, totally ignoring the high boot. All the VAR did was then have a quick look, go yeah he did and that was that, that was Gallaghers excuse for it. Jay Bothroyd was adamant it was a pen and kept saying to the squirming prick that anywhere else on the pitch that gets given as a foul, he even said if you slow it down, you can see it hits Mac first. He also said Atwell should have told Oliver to go to the screen. It's pretty clear that they weren't ever going to give us a pen, VAR or no VAR.

I'm not sure about us winning the League now and its not us, its the officials. Oliver did everything he could to keep ADFC at 11 players on Sunday, he denied us, deliberately, the chance to go 2 pts clear, they fucked us over at Spurs like you wouldn't believe, I dread to think what shit they will pull when we go to OT.
To add to that, Macca gets to the ball first.  It's really clear from the slowed down video that VAR should have seen.  I can forgive Oliver for missing that as it's extremely tight but VAR not seeing it and Gallagher continuing to say Doku got there first even after Bothroyd proves him wrong with actual video proof is unforgivable.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1001 on: March 12, 2024, 09:12:02 am »
Just moving on is why things never improve. Playing the ostrich with heads in the sand changes nothing.
I hate being told to move on. I’ll decide when I’m done with something.

As I see it there’s several issues here:

Webb’s leadership and his not re reffing edicts have created confusion, as 12C mentioned.

We then have the quality of officials, along with the potential conflicts of interest that PGMOL appear to ignore, such as Mancs reffing Manc teams (and us), along with the issue of Paid jollies to the middle  east for certain refs, as many of us have mentioned.

We also have the influence of Sky and the wider media. We saw the way they let Forest create a narrative that they had been hard done by, by an incident that happened 2 mins before a goal. There was no challenge, no push back, no calls to get on with it. We’ll never know whether the entirely manufactured shitstorm, along with others whenever we are perceived to have got a decision in our favour, affected the decision of the officials not to make a big call. Fitzy mentioned just how tiresome this whole concocted controversy is.

Reffing, the media and state ownership are the reasons I’m just not as arsed as I used to be. They’ve sucked the joy out of the game and I’m not sure what can be done about it.

I’d love the club to be more aggressive, but only behind the scenes, as we know how every shitstorm, no matter how in the right we are, ends up being turned against us. How the fuck the Spurs debacle ended up with us effectively being told to move on and respect the refs, when a few months later, a ref is pilloried for a fucking drop ball.

So called reds in the media don’t help either. It’s been going on for years. Happy to take the corporate gigs off the club, happy to be seen celebrating trophies, but go missing when we need a balanced voice in the media - a few notable exceptions apart, the club could do with fucking some of these clowns off for good.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1002 on: March 12, 2024, 10:35:19 am »
His distribution might be good, but his passing, touch with feet are not as good as Kelleher. I always envied City where Ederson gives them an additional footballer at the back, that is what Kelleher gave us yesterday.
Alisson is a keeper, a great one. Kelleher is a very good keeper and a fine footballer.

Fair enough, I'm surprised at this take on Alisson (and the posts that followed in agreement) given he's been a huge part of the reason we've been able to play out from the back so impressively for the last 6 years. Of course he'll get caught out occasionally, he's played about 200 games for us, but he's been highly reliable with the ball at his feet over many years. Again, I don't mean this as a slight on the brilliant Kelleher, but he has nearly been caught out a couple of times, and I imagine if he plays 200 games in our system he will have one or two embarrassing moments - it's the nature of the role.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: March 12, 2024, 11:17:34 am »
Interesting that the Guardian have put the Doku pic as the title pic of the match report. You don't do that unless you feel it's important. Coming from them and their usual stance on Liverpool, it's a statement.

Don't mention it in the report though.

I'm utterly convinced Doku also uses his arm and not even sure he gets a touch, like it hits Macca's shoulder then his arm and he swings it back like nothing happened.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1004 on: March 12, 2024, 04:35:11 pm »
Check out the one they did for the 1-2 Newcastle game this season. I'll dig it out later if you can't find it. Just getting the boy to school.

Nice one  :thumbup
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #1006 on: March 12, 2024, 05:02:23 pm »
Don't know if its been discussed here, but I read something about VAR's being reticent to send Oliver to the monitor to review his decision.

The insinuation was that he's seen very much as the 'self appointed big dog' within the refereeing community and he takes it personally if an 'inferior' ref dares to question his on field decision. His ego wont allow it.

I think it went on to say he's rarely, if ever sent to the screen and the one time he did he wouldn't overturn his original decision (he may be the only one, or certainly one of the very few).

Don't know if there's anything in it and seemed a different angle on the debate....but nowt we can do about it now  :-\

A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: March 12, 2024, 05:08:34 pm »
I'm utterly convinced Doku also uses his arm and not even sure he gets a touch, like it hits Macca's shoulder then his arm and he swings it back like nothing happened.

He was just trying to bring it down with his instep, in his own box & with reds converging on him.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1008 on: March 12, 2024, 05:12:17 pm »
Don't know if its been discussed here, but I read something about VAR's being reticent to send Oliver to the monitor to review his decision.

The insinuation was that he's seen very much as the 'self appointed big dog' within the refereeing community and he takes it personally if an 'inferior' ref dares to question his on field decision. His ego wont allow it.

I think it went on to say he's rarely, if ever sent to the screen and the one time he did he wouldn't overturn his original decision (he may be the only one, or certainly one of the very few).

Don't know if there's anything in it and seemed a different angle on the debate....but nowt we can do about it now  :-\

It was a piece by Keys.

“There was no way he was going to ask Oliver to go to the monitor. Not since Saturday, September 4 2022 has that happened. Do you remember the incident?

“The match was Forest v Bournemouth. Forest were awarded a pen by Oliver when Bournemouth’s Lloyd Kelly handled. Before the kick was taken, Oliver was invited to the monitor to review his decision. He decided his original call was correct. Of course he did.

“At the time we all praised him for having the guts to stick with his decision. I believe it was the first time a ref had stayed with his on-field call after being sent to check it. Well - overturn it, because that always happens.

“What isn’t so well known - but I’ve referred to it before - is that Oliver was furious he’d been asked to check his decision and he let his colleagues know, in no uncertain terms, at their next meeting.

“I can’t think of too many times since - if any - when Oliver has been back to a monitor. I would add that he’s one of the busiest when he’s in the bunker - but the message is clear when he’s got the whistle - don’t bother me.”
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #1009 on: March 12, 2024, 05:33:37 pm »
As well as trying to break Mac Allister’s ribs, Doku also attempted an impromptu circumcision.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #1010 on: March 12, 2024, 05:41:11 pm »
It was a piece by Keys.

“There was no way he was going to ask Oliver to go to the monitor. Not since Saturday, September 4 2022 has that happened. Do you remember the incident?

“The match was Forest v Bournemouth. Forest were awarded a pen by Oliver when Bournemouth’s Lloyd Kelly handled. Before the kick was taken, Oliver was invited to the monitor to review his decision. He decided his original call was correct. Of course he did.

“At the time we all praised him for having the guts to stick with his decision. I believe it was the first time a ref had stayed with his on-field call after being sent to check it. Well - overturn it, because that always happens.

“What isn’t so well known - but I’ve referred to it before - is that Oliver was furious he’d been asked to check his decision and he let his colleagues know, in no uncertain terms, at their next meeting.

“I can’t think of too many times since - if any - when Oliver has been back to a monitor. I would add that he’s one of the busiest when he’s in the bunker - but the message is clear when he’s got the whistle - don’t bother me.”

Cheers Eeyore,

I didn't realise it was Mohair hands!!

I've read a lot of opinions since Sunday and wouldn't have posted his conspiracy theories if Id have realised it was this muppet  :butt
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1011 on: March 12, 2024, 05:51:52 pm »
As well as trying to break Mac Allister’s ribs, Doku also attempted an impromptu circumcision.
If the ball wasn't there, he kills him!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline duv

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1012 on: March 12, 2024, 08:20:25 pm »
You think he's playing the ball? He's 5 yards behind play

Apologies if said already but you can be sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity etc. This is where the double jeopardy comes in (and for the record I agree he was too far away to be considered as attempting to play the ball).

I think there is a very strong argument that it should have been a red for dangerous play. Darwin went flying and the proof of the danger was the injury to the keeper. Newtons laws and all that

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1013 on: March 13, 2024, 10:24:59 pm »
I ignore all pre, post and half time anaylsis. Skip through match of the day, watch interviews on youtube and only take in various podcasts. I used to live Totally football show, but the level of journalists on it has been terrible this season. I don't mind the kind of half comedy podcasts that aren't actually trying to analyse anything, a bit like the football ramble.

I see most reaction from other pundits and fans from people posting it here or retweeting on twitter, and it's usually absolutely shite.

Expecting all those people that were outraged last week, to be very much "Well he did touch the ball" this week.

I used to listen to Guardian Football Weekly and Totally Football but have moved away from them in the past year or so. The French guy who appears on GFW from time to time (name eludes me) is wonderful but the regular crew became tiresome. TF has become too anodyne, like an hour long Phil McNulty episode. They have the occasional decent contributor but I can't remember who so I rarely tune in. I did listen this week just to gauge the non penalty reaction, and all there was was one guy, in the midst of a long soliloquy, said something like "and then there was the incident at the end that could have been a penalty but I can see why it wasn't overturned, anyhoo..." and that was it. Great insight. Not arsed to go back and see what they said about The Monumental Error and the total normality of a club employing a referee whisperer.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: March 13, 2024, 10:36:05 pm »
It was a piece by Keys.

Fair enough, I'd be pissed too if I was about to make a quarter mill for a day's work and some dickhead kept asking me to publicly resign.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1015 on: March 13, 2024, 11:52:05 pm »
I used to listen to Guardian Football Weekly and Totally Football but have moved away from them in the past year or so. The French guy who appears on GFW from time to time (name eludes me) is wonderful but the regular crew became tiresome. TF has become too anodyne, like an hour long Phil McNulty episode. They have the occasional decent contributor but I can't remember who so I rarely tune in. I did listen this week just to gauge the non penalty reaction, and all there was was one guy, in the midst of a long soliloquy, said something like "and then there was the incident at the end that could have been a penalty but I can see why it wasn't overturned, anyhoo..." and that was it. Great insight. Not arsed to go back and see what they said about The Monumental Error and the total normality of a club employing a referee whisperer.

Philippe Auclair?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: March 14, 2024, 12:49:27 am »
OLivere was also the shithead who ref the match where the Yob Pickford took out Virgil?
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #1017 on: March 14, 2024, 06:33:18 am »
OLivere was also the shithead who ref the match where the Yob Pickford took out Virgil?
Yes. Good process then as well.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #1018 on: March 14, 2024, 11:34:38 am »
had an idle thought after hearing someone from the Athletic saying like others that this was a game and a half to watch. Does the oppo grudgingly accept the level of ability displayed.
 So I went in to Blue Moon to see if they even acknowledge this. Just when you think you understand their level of delusion and entitlement, they continue to astound. The latest? That we must be using performance enhancing drugs to play with that continuous energy. And of course, all the rest of the league and refs know this, but are afraid of us. What a beaut eh?.
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/liverpool-a-pl-post-match-thread.363818/page-201
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: March 14, 2024, 11:48:07 am »
had an idle thought after hearing someone from the Athletic saying like others that this was a game and a half to watch. Does the oppo grudgingly accept the level of ability displayed.
 So I went in to Blue Moon to see if they even acknowledge this. Just when you think you understand their level of delusion and entitlement, they continue to astound. The latest? That we must be using performance enhancing drugs to play with that continuous energy. And of course, all the rest of the league and refs know this, but are afraid of us. What a beaut eh?.
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/liverpool-a-pl-post-match-thread.363818/page-201

Us doping has been the go to balm for disillusioned Mancs on both sides since 2018 so no surprise really.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #1020 on: March 14, 2024, 12:14:57 pm »
“Citehzens” feeling the world is against them yeh right

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1021 on: March 14, 2024, 04:08:47 pm »

Yet they're the ones with a fully fit squad as usual.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: March 17, 2024, 10:23:33 am »
Philippe Auclair?

That's the one, thanks

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: March 17, 2024, 10:26:58 am »

He probably thinks Vito Corleone is a real person too.