Author Topic: Champions League fixtures 07/08th March  (Read 37996 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Champions League fixtures 07/08th March
« Reply #1120 on: March 9, 2017, 12:10:39 am »
Thiago Silva, the man who captained Brazil in a home World Cup and broke down in tears before a penalty shootout asking not to take his pen, just let his team deliver the biggest bottle job in recent time.

Fuck you forever you absolute melt. You're a disgrace.

;D

Still holding that 7-1 grudge mate?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: March 9, 2017, 12:11:02 am »
I know I heard. I text during the game aswell most do I suppose

But as the cross is coming in ? In that game? With 30 seconds left. I would've still saw that out if my kitchen had caught fire lol

pure addiction that

Haha. Yeah I was glued to it aswell   :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1122 on: March 9, 2017, 12:11:21 am »
;D

Didn't he miss that game?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1123 on: March 9, 2017, 12:12:40 am »
Haha. Yeah I was glued to it aswell   :D

My Mrs was in lounge yapping her head off aswell. I was begging s higher power for her to stop

Then she actually got into it and watched with me

Just amazing scenes all round ;D
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline YayaP

• Is John McEnroe.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1124 on: March 9, 2017, 12:12:57 am »
Didn't he miss that game?

Yup, suspended after committing what must be the dumbest yellow card in World Cup history against Colombia. Knowing he couldn't get a yellow ran straight into the keeper on a punt.
"I belong to a special club, I live with special people, this is a privilege, this is pure happiness." -Gerard Houllier

“When they start talking and talking about us, it shows they are worried about playing Liverpool,” - Rafa Benitez

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1125 on: March 9, 2017, 12:14:06 am »
;D

That didn't go pens surely lol

And he was notably missing in that. Was the horrendous David Luis Whos now absurdly turned into a decent CB
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1126 on: March 9, 2017, 12:17:52 am »
Thiago Silva, the man who captained Brazil in a home World Cup and broke down in tears before a penalty shootout asking not to take his pen, just let his team deliver the biggest bottle job in recent time.

Fuck you forever you absolute melt. You're a disgrace.
Then scored in the next round against Colombia..
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #1127 on: March 9, 2017, 12:32:41 am »
Thiago Silva didn't play in the 7-1, no, but he epitomises the 7-1 generation.

The shootout was against Chile in the last 16. As the players gathered in a circle before it started Silva walked off and sat by himself crying. Had to be comforted by others and asked not to take the pen.

Brazil's captain. At a World Cup in Brazil.

PSG were cowards, absolute bottlers. Guess who's their captain?

So as not to derail the thread too much: didn't think Barcelona were even that good. Pure winning mentality though. Mascherano is still class. A lot of pleasure was taken in knowing Di shush Maria will have nightmares about his miss, twat.

« Last Edit: March 9, 2017, 12:46:45 am by Johnny B. Goode »
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: March 9, 2017, 12:51:36 am »
Thiago Silva didn't play in the 7-1, no, but he epitomises the 7-1 generation.

The shootout was against Chile in the last 16. As the players gathered in a circle before it started Silva walked off and sat by himself crying. Had to be comforted by others and asked not to take the pen.

Brazil's captain. At a World Cup in Brazil.

So as not to derail the thread too much: didn't think Barcelona were even that good. Pure winning mentality though. Mascherano is still class. A lot of pleasure was taken in knowing Di shush Maria will have nightmares about his miss, twat.

Guess someone is slightly disappointed with Mr. Silva. :)

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #1129 on: March 9, 2017, 01:04:50 am »
football may be dead, but that was a hell of a show by its corpse.  what a game, and some fantastic cheating all round.

in the midst of all the barca jubilation, it's easy to overlook that incredible cavani goal, which was practically ballet.

what a game.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1130 on: March 9, 2017, 01:11:11 am »
That's an ex Real Madrid players running around after a Barca goal :)

he's a big fan of burning his boats with former clubs...
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #1131 on: March 9, 2017, 01:12:02 am »
There are City fans out there who were watching a 0-0 draw with Stoke instead of that ;D
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1132 on: March 9, 2017, 01:15:56 am »

:lmao :lmao

That's one of the best photoshops I've seen in a while.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: March 9, 2017, 01:37:35 am »

I'll never understand why people call footballers cowards.  It wasn't there fault that their manager set them up horribly wrong. 

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1134 on: March 9, 2017, 01:38:58 am »
has anyone got a close up GIF of that di maria chance late on?  they didn't show a replay of it from any other angle on BT or ITV.  did he really just go for the chip and stub his toe?  it didn't look like a foul.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1135 on: March 9, 2017, 01:42:50 am »
I'll never understand why people call footballers cowards.  It wasn't there fault that their manager set them up horribly wrong.

True but it wasn't the managers fault they conceded 3 goals in six minutes like they did. They are responsible for their performances.

To blame the manager alone is lunacy

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1136 on: March 9, 2017, 01:45:32 am »

Nah, the players absolutely shit themselves. Manager can't help that. Barcelona never opened them up at all, just put pressure on them and individual mistake after individual mistake followed. First two goals are comedy defending – literally prime last three seasons LFC stuff – and then falling over for the third like Kieran Gibbs vs Ronaldo, and Di Maria completely fluffing a gigantic chance (clearest of the entire match in open play) to leave Barcelona needing four more goals... absolute complete collapse by the guys on the field. So many free kicks too.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1137 on: March 9, 2017, 01:54:09 am »
has anyone got a close up GIF of that di maria chance late on?  they didn't show a replay of it from any other angle on BT or ITV.  did he really just go for the chip and stub his toe?  it didn't look like a foul.

Mascherano did get him - though contact seemed to be after di Maria kicked the ball...

Mascherano: "It's clear that I fouled Di María but I think that's not the reason why we've eliminated PSG." - https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/5ybb2k/mascherano_tackle_on_dimaria_84/

Videos of the incident...

https://streamable.com/fgvt0

https://twitter.com/RMadridEdition/status/839619788540272640

https://twitter.com/DonMendoRM/status/839611726542815232

Mascherano being Mascherano  :D
« Last Edit: March 9, 2017, 02:03:01 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: March 9, 2017, 01:59:08 am »
Neymar with a performance to remember.

Scored two goals, won a penalty, and with the assist for the last goal.

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1139 on: March 9, 2017, 04:40:36 am »
Some incredible football played in the last 48 hours. But the refereeing was just as good. You won't hear that often.

The decision by the goal line official in the Arsenal game took some balls and he was dead right (despite the possible offside in the buildup by the 1st AR).

The two penalties in the Barca game were bang on. You cannot debate those calls. If you make any contact as a defender, there's always the risk the player will flop and that's on you.

Istanbul may have just been eclipsed as the greatest come back in European history, though ours was in the final so... :-\

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #1140 on: March 9, 2017, 05:16:37 am »
Cried before a penalty shoot out? What a dickhead.

lol his crying is epic

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #1141 on: March 9, 2017, 05:27:59 am »
Nah, the players absolutely shit themselves. Manager can't help that. Barcelona never opened them up at all, just put pressure on them and individual mistake after individual mistake followed. First two goals are comedy defending – literally prime last three seasons LFC stuff – and then falling over for the third like Kieran Gibbs vs Ronaldo, and Di Maria completely fluffing a gigantic chance (clearest of the entire match in open play) to leave Barcelona needing four more goals... absolute complete collapse by the guys on the field. So many free kicks too.

PSG folded under pressure.  Can't feel bad for people with such weak mentality

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1142 on: March 9, 2017, 05:36:42 am »
Fantastic comeback by Barcelona, but I feel they were given a massive helping hand from the ref with that 2nd pen. Very soft indeed. Yes, there is contact, but it's minimal. Suarez dived imo. You'd be sick as a parrot if you were a PSG fan. Cracking game to watch though.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1143 on: March 9, 2017, 07:09:20 am »
The ball from Neymar for the winning goal when 99.99% of players would have had a shot out of pure desperation. now that right there was greatness.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1144 on: March 9, 2017, 07:10:54 am »
Fantastic comeback by Barcelona, but I feel they were given a massive helping hand from the ref with that 2nd pen. Very soft indeed. Yes, there is contact, but it's minimal. Suarez dived imo. You'd be sick as a parrot if you were a PSG fan. Cracking game to watch though.

Suarez dived because he's a pure winner. Do what it takes to win at all costs. How i mess that little bastard.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1145 on: March 9, 2017, 07:10:59 am »
There are City fans out there who were watching a 0-0 draw with Stoke instead of that ;D

Only about 25 of them though, judging by the empty seats...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1146 on: March 9, 2017, 07:18:08 am »
Been reading the comments on the Guardian, the fume at Suarez is hilarious. As if no PL or English player has ever won a soft pen.
How many pens should he have had but never got when he played for us? Remember when English refs went through a spell of not giving him a pen for ages? Some of them the most blatant pens you'll ever see.

It was clever play, he felt a touch and went down and it helped win the game. He's a winner and winners will always find a way to win. PSG have no-one to blame but themselves.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1147 on: March 9, 2017, 07:20:34 am »
Been reading the comments on the Guardian, the fume at Suarez is hilarious. As if no PL or English player has ever won a soft pen.
How many pens should he have had but never got when he played for us? Remember when English refs went through a spell of not giving him a pen for ages? Some of them the most blatant pens you'll ever see.

It was clever play, he felt a touch and went down and it helped win the game. He's a winner and winners will always find a way to win. PSG have no-one to blame but themselves.

I love the fact everyone hates Suarez. Another year or two at Barcelona and then back here for a league title will round off his career nicely.  Unfinished business, you know it makes sense Luis. :wave

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #1148 on: March 9, 2017, 07:28:51 am »
I love the fact everyone hates Suarez. Another year or two at Barcelona and then back here for a league title will round off his career nicely.  Unfinished business, you know it makes sense Luis. :wave
He's never going to top last night while he's at Barcelona.  He'll be putting his transfer request in this morning most likely.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1149 on: March 9, 2017, 07:30:55 am »
If this was Arsenal collapsing it would be Wenger's fault. at PSG its the players.
If a player dives against Liverpool he's a cheat, if Suarez does it he's a winner.
Its interesting how ideas change with perspective.

Offline fenre

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1150 on: March 9, 2017, 07:32:22 am »
Suarez dived because he's a pure winner. Do what it takes to win at all costs. How i mess that little bastard.

The defender gave him a reason to go for a penalty, and he took that chance.

Again, Gary Neville's analysis of diving in the modern game on MNF years ago is still really good. Suarez basically did what every other player would do

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1151 on: March 9, 2017, 07:33:29 am »

The painful decline of Messi continues

;)
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline themightybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1152 on: March 9, 2017, 08:30:22 am »
If this was Arsenal collapsing it would be Wenger's fault. at PSG its the players.
If a player dives against Liverpool he's a cheat, if Suarez does it he's a winner.
Call me a miserable bastard but I just can't see the joy in seeing someone dive so pathetically to give their team a massive artificial helping hand at such a crucial moment. I thought the Lewandowski penalty was ridiculously soft too. I despair at what is given as a foul nowadays.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1153 on: March 9, 2017, 08:40:15 am »
;)

Messi is in decline, even barca have noticed that, they're set up tactically different now, the legs and incisive dribbling is all Neymar, Messi has changed his game as his legs are not what they were, which is normal at his age.
He's still good, probably shades it over Theo.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1154 on: March 9, 2017, 08:41:15 am »

I know that mate.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1155 on: March 9, 2017, 08:43:33 am »
Call me a miserable bastard but I just can't see the joy in seeing someone dive so pathetically to give their team a massive artificial helping hand at such a crucial moment. I thought the Lewandowski penalty was ridiculously soft too. I despair at what is given as a foul nowadays.

I agree with you, it does seem that Uefa would like the traditional clubs to stay in CL as long as possible. However, that was one hell of a comeback yesterday and Barca still had to find another 5 goals. Also Bayern were already through, so it would be a shame to let a couple of dodgy decisions take away from a great display of willpower by barca, and a merciless showing by Bayern.
They get the decisions, but boy can they cash in when they do.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1156 on: March 9, 2017, 08:58:26 am »
The ball from Neymar for the winning goal when 99.99% of players would have had a shot out of pure desperation. now that right there was greatness.

It's not just that is was the right choice not to shoot too - the quality of the ball itself was just perfect: he just dropped it in the right place to tempt the keeper but that an attacker would be favoured to get it and that a decent touch would be enough to hit the target.  It's a moment of real beauty.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1157 on: March 9, 2017, 09:21:36 am »
Greatest comeback win ever ? Perhaps.

I was just annoyed with everyone after the game. I live in Paris, so the atmosphere of 'we got this' before the game was cringeworthy. It was fucking Barcelona and people here were debating who they'll play in the quarters.

I was also annoyed at Emery. Who the fuck benches Di Maria for a game as important as this ? If he was slightly injured / not up to it physically, start him, then take him off early. Lucas did nothing worthwhile. Why didn't he hook Matuidi early, who was having a mare ? Also, what the fuck was up with those high defensive lines during set pieces ? I knew it was going to hurt them.

Thirdly, joy of football my arse. It was a sham. Neymar and Suarez dived and play acted for the entire game and conned the ref multiple times, getting two pens in the process. Barca players were despicable as well. The ref bottled it in front of that Camp Nou crowd. How can you book Cavani for asking for a YC while not doing anything with Luis, Busquets, Neymar all game ? Cheating bastards. Yes, the free kick was great by Neymar, but he shouldn't have been on the pitch. Masch fouled Di Maria for the one on one on the other end.

It was an absolutely shocking game for the refs.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1158 on: March 9, 2017, 09:38:20 am »
Thought the ref did a fine job except for the Suarez pen.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1159 on: March 9, 2017, 09:56:51 am »
Wow.

Showing Arsenal how it should be done.

The problem I have with this point of view, is that if the ref wasn't too pre-occupied with Cavani waving an imaginary card and given Pique his deserved second yellow towards the end of the first half and then given PSG a dodgy a pen instead of Barca, then PSG probably would have won last nights match 4-1 and would be looking at an 8-1 embarrassment. It just goes to show how the ref can influence a game.

Now Im not saying the ref last night was biased - the barca cheating/diving was of the highest order - but the Arsenal ref was one of the most biased I have ever seen. I don't even think the Alonso challenge on Walcott was a penalty (Barca would've been given it last night though...), just all the little decisions went against them. Lots of snide fouling by Bayern going completely unpunished, but every little niggle from Arsenal brought up.

I would be interested to see a count of poor/contentious decisions from the 4 CL games so far and see how they favour (or otherwise) the "bigger" club. Dortmund got an awful lot of decisions as well by the looks of the highlights (Dembele should've been sent off and the 4th goal clearly offside).

Hmmmm...