Author Topic: Southampton V Liverpool 16th March 15:00 KO Shortish Preview.  (Read 56315 times)

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan

Sarf'ampton eh.

Some years ago I remember Southampton taking the ball of us near the Kop end and legging up field to score. Since that day I hate them.

10 facts you never knew, or probably did about Southampton:

1.Their manager is the newly hired Mauricio Pochettino  and his name is an anagram for Italian sliced salami made from donkey.

2. Emile Heskey scored the last time we won at St Mary's.

3. Its Southampton. They're not even amongst the great Premier League clubs. They were a big side when I was nowt but a nipper. (They were one of the original PL members having played in old Div 1 since '78) but frankly since then they've been up and down the leagues like a whore's drawers.

4. See 3.

5. Steven Davis who plays for them isn't the same guy who won the snooker.

6. Souness managed them and saw them beat Utd 6-3. Happy memories.

7. Le Tissier and Walcot both played for them, they had a style for a wee while of pacey running football but went into Admin in '09 and haven't been the same since.

8.They're not Portsmouth, their great rivals but both teams have had 'Arry the demented Teddy Bear manage them and both have been in Admin and both have been bottom feeders in the top division. That must really piss them off. being the same as your rivals.

9. They beat Man Utd in a giant killing FA Cup Final in 1976. I still grin about Stokes' goal to this day. So actually I've only hated them for a short while.

10.That same year they won the Tennants Caledonian Cup. Whatever that was. (Clearly a competition v Scottish teams but still....)

Pepe's back, and we've a fairly full strength team. Knowing our luck, after the great result against Tottenham, if I was a fatalist, we'll lose 4-0 but we should be beating them. 3-1 to us.

Sorry its so short, but its Southampton. They had Lawrie McMenemy as a manager and he had a lot of success. Since then not much has happened.
ta.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:50:12 pm by Hinesy »
Yep.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
Re: Southampton V Liverpool 16th March 15:00 KO Shortish Preview.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 12:50:04 pm »
4 on the bounce in all competitions. Wonder when we last did 5? Rafa era?
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline Yorkshire-Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 12:50:31 pm »
Matt LeTiss ... the last great one-club man before Carra, Stevie and Bryan Giggs.

Offline SYLENTm

• ight be a total uppet :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is Anfield!
    • The Liverpool Way / My FM Story (to start soon)
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 12:52:12 pm »
Cracking facts
Must admint Cesc is a great prospect new him before he went to Arsenal, same with Pique(now at ManU) and Messi also from Barcelona. Watch out for these guys in the future look very good.

Get him in the scouting team ASAP!

Offline MC14

• I apologise for my terrible hair, clothes and glasses
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 12:52:23 pm »
I'm hoping for another big scoreline 4-0 Suarez Hat-Trick which includes a beautiful freekick and a cheeky Coutinho goal.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 12:54:55 pm »
Remember going to the old Dell years back when we had that old gold kit, and Le Tissier scoring a hat-trick.  Was snowing I think as well.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 12:55:14 pm »
P'tangYangKipperbang - I love you Ivan Golac
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 12:58:07 pm »
Would be surprised if we kept the hammerings up in this one, no one has done it to them in the league at their place yet. They seem to give it a good go v the bigger clubs, drew with Arsenal, beat City, deserved more in the defeat v Utd etc.

Massive game, with the hectic fixtures lists of Spurs and Chelsea I think we can believe if we get a win here.

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 01:02:57 pm »
Im down in Liverpool for the weekend

Which Bars in the City Centre will show our game (may have 11 year old daughter with me so will need to let kids in)
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 01:04:57 pm »
My old RE teacher supports Southampton, so you can add that if you like.

We're prone to messing up these should-win fixtures on the back of great results. They're no pushovers. I recall them beating Man City recently when it was really a must win for City to keep up their fading ambitions of catching United. That said, I think that's their only win in the last 6 games.

We would probably leapfrog Arsenal if they drop points and we win, albeit they and Everton both have a game in hand over us. Both of them teams also have harder games than us this weekend, so let's put some more pressure on them and win ours :lickin
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 01:06:28 pm »
Spuds, Chelsea and Arsenal all played in Europe this week. Chelsea, Spurs both have derbies and Arsenal play Swansea.

Potentially a big weekend for us, really need to turn up and get 3 points from this.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Studog

• Kopite
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 01:06:51 pm »
Southampton are a good side in need of a win with a history of playing well against good sides.

I'm not overly confident about this one, it's nothing to do with the opinion of "we're due a crap one", I think it's more, these will be up for it and aren't that bad a side.

If I remember right, wasn't the game at anfield a funny one? They kinda sat back in awe of the occasion and we won 1-0 but they had some good spells? I know that was early on and it feels like eons ago and we're a different, revitalised side, but I think these will give us a game.

We're not the only ones who can read a fixture list and a table and the players will know the potential in this fixture, could make them superhuman, or massive bells!

My old RE teacher supports Southampton, so you can add that if you like.

We're prone to messing up these should-win fixtures on the back of great results. They're no pushovers. I recall them beating Man City recently when it was really a must win for City to keep up their fading ambitions of catching United. That said, I think that's their only win in the last 6 games.

We would probably leapfrog Arsenal if they drop points and we win, albeit they and Everton both have a game in hand over us. Both of them teams also have harder games than us this weekend, so let's put some more pressure on them and win ours :lickin

Their game in hand is each other I think.

I'm gonna go 2-2

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 01:06:53 pm »
I hope the team don't let the recent run of wins get to their heads - take each game as a new one, be ready and prepared to fight and work hard, and there's no reason we can't beat this lot. Take it easy though, go in thinking the game's won, and we'll crash right back down to earth.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 01:07:10 pm »
a scrappy 1-0 win would do just fine, but with a few would be even better.

Hoping and probably we should see 3 in the midfield for this one.
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 01:10:46 pm »
Any news on Reina?

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 01:11:25 pm »
Any news on Reina?

Expected to be back, still not 100% tho.
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 01:12:18 pm »
When I were a lad there were four teams with red 'n white stripes in the top league. But Soton ditched their stripes didn't they? And the Blades are fannying around in the basement somewhere.

This might be tougher than it appears. They are decent going forward. But I still think we'll win.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 01:14:30 pm »
When I were a lad there were four teams with red 'n white stripes in the top league. But Soton ditched their stripes didn't they? And the Blades are fannying around in the basement somewhere.

This might be tougher than it appears. They are decent going forward. But I still think we'll win.

Was wondering what'd happened to their stripes when they came up.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 01:14:42 pm »
Looking forward to this. Pochettino knows all about our new Brazilian wizard though, having managed him at Espanyol, so I'd imagine he'll already have a plan in place to negate his influence.

Only fun thing I remember about Southampton was seeing them at Anfield years back, sitting really near the pitch and having this little kid sit next to me who kept screaming at Wayne Bridge as he ran past "My ma could play better than you, Wayne Bridge. MY MA!". It was then changed in the second half to "My Auntie could play better than you, Wayne Bridge. MY AUNTIE". Even Bridge started to laugh about it after a while.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 01:16:28 pm »
Just watching this as we are playing them tomorrow, and the goal from Le Tiss on 2:00 is so so good, and Berkovic at 3:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6J-4RIRsms
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 01:20:45 pm by Walshy® »

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 01:33:11 pm »
Well we have shown that if weaker teams don't fully show up against us, we can give them a hiding.  I know everyone still has PTSD over the Villa and West Brom games but when I look at Southampton I don't see a Benteke or Lukaku on that team.  This is no disrespect to them, but I think we should be able to play the way we want.  We should see loads of possession and chances created.  The key, as always, will be whetther we can convert some of our early chances.  If so, this could be ugly.

I assume BR will stick with his 4-2-4.  I was trying to figure out a way to get 3 in the midfield, but I dont see how you can drop Coutinho, Suarez, Downing or Sturridge right now.  Coutinho and Sturridge need the minutes to get acclimated to playing with their teammates, Downing is in imperious form right now, and Suarez--just no.  It's a bit aggressive for an away side, but if Lucas and Gerrard can hold the middle it could turn into a name-your-score game.

Lots still to play for.  Suarez playing for the Golden Boot and player of the year.  Reds still trying to get into Europe.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 01:40:22 pm »
Well that was an informative read  :-X
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 01:42:02 pm »
I think they'll score and i think Sturridge will be itching to get more goals too.

I reckon it will be a high scoring game depending on whether Carragher plays or not. If Skrtl plays, I think he'd deal with lambert better. But we'll still concede.

2-4 is my prediction, but i'll settle for a 0-1 :)

I would like to see Coutinho playing more minutes though, he's been taken off between 55-65 minutes, but surely he'll be worth 70 by now ? 4-4-1-1 again for this. I hope Suarez comes deeper if we're struggling with possession.

Could this be a game where we can rest Lucas for Allen? Does he need it?
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline ScottyBoy_21

• The Diet Coke of evil. Only one calorie.
  • Kopite
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 01:43:34 pm »
If we win this, I think I will actually be genuinely happier than after the Spurs result. Just because it will have meant we've won 4 PL games in a row and have begun to get some consistency to our wins. If we beat Southampton, then as a fan, I'll be going into the Aston Villa game actually believing that we'll win. (It's a shame that there's an International break in-between those two fixtures, though. Could disrupt some of the momentum)

As for this game, I'm going into it the same as I went into the Wigan game. With apprehension and the fear of it being a draw at best.

We need to repeat what we did at Wigan and get the early goal. So important.

Offline pewithree3

• Has a grumpy old female arse.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 01:43:36 pm »
Mr. Shanks used to call them an "alehouse team".   :D

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 01:50:20 pm »
This might be another bump down to earth we get 7 or 8 of these during a season in recent years! Hopefully they become less frequent in the coming years!

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 02:06:14 pm »
Just watching this as we are playing them tomorrow, and the goal from Le Tiss on 2:00 is so so good, and Berkovic at 3:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6J-4RIRsms

Who's the commentator? Did he get fired because he was too positive when they scored against United? ;)
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 02:09:14 pm »
Oh good Lord - Dowd is the ref. So much for 4 wins in a row ;)

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 02:09:22 pm »
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 02:12:01 pm »
This is gonna be a tricky game, I think.

1-0 or 2-1 to us, I,m going for.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2013, 02:12:29 pm »
I remember playing really well against then at Anfield. We only ended up winning 1-0, but it should have been more. I couldn't really remember them threatening us that day.

Can't be too complacent, and just need to be patient. Apart from the City game they haven't had many wins recently. But as that game proved these types of teams always seem to raise their game against the bigger clubs.

Hopefully we've learnt from our mistakes on set pieces. Teams are going to target that as a weakness of ours.

It's the old adage - we're better than them on paper, and in the table. So if we play to the potential we've playing at we should win.

YWNA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2013, 02:13:14 pm »
Ha I'm guessing that's the Berkovich volley followed by him waving his hands about in demented fashion?

A lot of bad mmories of the Dell. Remember blowing a 3-0 lead with 10 minutes to go? It was actually early in the Treble season if I recall.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2013, 02:21:41 pm »
Helicopter arms!

Lawrie McMenemy and his diddy-men.

It was never about Lawrie though, never him.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2013, 02:23:35 pm »
I think many of us have that nagging feeling cos of recent seasons - great result against a good team, take our eye off the ball with a lack lustre defeat to a so called 'lesser team' in the next game. They're no mugs, have to fight tooth and nail to stay up and have done well against the big teams in the league. Fuck I hate these fixtures  :D

If the lads believe their own words, the cliche 'every games a final', we could do alright. Start slow and shite and we could be in trouble.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2013, 02:35:32 pm »
I know that people are nervous about the game because it always feels like some games/runs are too good to be true, almost - but really, barring a Villa-like aberration, we should handle these quite comfortably.

Southampton -

Attack-wise, they are probably good for a goal per game, on average. Their attack is a lot more sophisticated than it was under Adkins, but really, the raw materials are the same, and their danger men are the same danger men as they were before. The keys to look out for are that Lambert is their target man, and needs to be marked tight; Ramirez will look to sort out the final ball, but will also try to play off Lambert; and Puncheon will bring the attacking drive with the ball at his feet. They play a 4-2-3-1 much like Chelsea do, with a tight attacking midfield three where the two outside AM's can switch sides if needed. The aim is to get the ball into Lambert (but with precision rather than hit-and-hope now under Pocchetino) and support him quickly with runs from Ramirez, Puncheon and possibly Lallana on the other side. Schneiderlin will push the team up from midfield to compress the space, and unlike the game at Anfield, they will actively hunt the ball and try to put us under pressure:

Yoshida at right back could be a danger as he is very aggressive going forward and very involved in their attacking moves and counter-attacks - however, the presence of Coutinho on the left wing for Liverpool and Pocchetino's knowledge of him might force him to either change the set-up and put Yoshida central and someone more defensive on the right of the defence, or give Yoshida a marking job on Coutinho.

Things to look out for from Southampton:

• Boruc delivers the ball centrally to Lambert or to the right for Puncheon/Yoshida to play for
  • Lallana is the more conservative of the wide men and plays a lot of safe back-passes - vigilance for this might give a few chances to counter when they are pushed up the field
  • The two main players for switching the play from side to side are Schneiderlin and Ramirez, and cutting off their passing options when they have the ball may force them to turn the ball over
  • Puncheon can cut inside and favours shorter passes into Lambert or behind the defence

Liverpool -

Liverpool, on the other hand, are on a good run of form, and should most likely field an unchanged side, although there are possibilities for players to be rested. The formation will either be the current 4-1-3-2/4-4-1-1 (depending on how you intepret Suarez's positioning and movement), with an unchanged side from the last few games:

There is a possibility within that shape for Skrtel to make a return to give Carragher a rest, and maybe even Wisdom for Johnson. The game plan will be more aggressive than it was against Spurs, being more like the first 25 minutes than the subsequent 25. The tempo will be high and there will probably be a desire to catch Southampton pushed up and play Sturridge in behind with Coutinho and Suarez supporting and Downing maintaining shape, with the fullbacks and Gerrard pushed up for attacking depth. If the key to the new Southampton manager is to hunt for the ball, then Liverpool will want to keep the ball in the So'ton half of the field for as long as possible and create chances for early goals. Coutinho might be marked tightly, so he may have to move inside more to find space, which will create space for Enrique while overloading the central area for Southampton with Suarez, Coutinho and Sturridge all putting pressure on the Southampton defence with Gerrard pushing up behind. There should be a decent amount of possession and a good number of chances, but the key will be to put them away. Boruc has a very low save percentage, so getting as many shots in quick succession early on might cause him to flap and give Liverpool the early goal they want.

Alternatively, though, Rodgers might see this as a game to rest Sturridge or Coutinho (most likely Sturridge) and have him come off the bench late on. If this happens, we could see Henderson on instead (for either player):

If he comes in for Coutinho, we'll play the same way but with Henderson moving from the inside to the outside - although this might give Yoshida space to get forward - and Sturridge and Suarez as you were. If he comes n for Sturridge, though, we will play the 4-3-3/2-3-2-3 formation again, with Coutinho/Suarez/Downing being the forward line, and Lucas/Gerrard/Henderson being the midfield. There is still a chance for the replacement of Johnson with Wisdom and Carragher with Skrtel in either of those selections.

Key Factors -

The key factors in this game for Liverpool will, defensively, come probably come down to how quiet we can keep their right side attack (Puncheon/Yoshida), and how tightly we can mark Lambert. If Lucas can do a pressing job on Ramirez, then they will end up hoping for punts down the field to Lambert that he might latch on to and might get a good shot on goal from once or twice in the game. If that happens, and Reina is in top form, then we should hold out for the clean sheet. If they don't even get that far, then it should be a comfortable win by 3 or 4 goals. There is always a chance of a blip, or a stellar performance from Southampton; but for them, with their remaining fixtures and still very much in danger of relegation, this might be a game where they won't mind giving up the result this week for a better result in a relegation 6-pointer later on - although a big name scalp will go a long way to helping them in that respect.

(Edit - they really only have Reading later as a 6 pointer. They have a very tough fixture list to the end of the season. How they look at that - positively or negatively - will probably dictate the results as much as tactics. Us, Chelsea then Reading, West Ham, Swansea and West Brom after that. They may fancy their chances more in those games than in the next two) 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 02:41:49 pm by PhaseofPlay »
Better looking than Samie.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2013, 02:37:07 pm »
when our 4th goal goes in tomorrow i want thommo to do a dance in le tissier's face

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 02:38:28 pm »
Helicopter arms!

Lawrie McMenemy and his diddy-men.

they were a decent side in the early 80s with Keegan etc, Shilton too if I remember rightly.
pushed us all the way for the league in '84.

I'm a bit nervy about this one for some reason, would take a 1-0 in a heartbeat.
we should be ok though, barring any silly mistakes.

Offline TrueNorthRED

• Kopite
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2013, 02:39:20 pm »
I hate losing games just before an international break and acting like a grumpy prick for weeks. 3 points here would be great on so many levels.
"He plays as any supporter would if they were born with such demonic talent."

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2013, 02:40:06 pm »
We have to ensure we don't do an Aston Villa or West Brom tomorrrow.  We have been guilty on a couple of occasions this season of bringing a seemingly good run of form to an unexpected end with a shit result against a team we should be beating.

Whether we secretly harbour hopes of a top 4/5 finish or not.  These are the sort of games we simply have to win.  5-0 or 1-0, it doesn't matter.  What matters is 3 points.