Author Topic: Bars/Clubs in town  (Read 340454 times)

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Bars/Clubs in town
« Reply #1680 on: August 26, 2015, 01:10:31 pm »
Anyone know anything about the Artists Club opposite Garlands? It looks like some sort of members club, i did a delivery there last week and it's a very strange place indeed.

Offline Dowling10

• Busted
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scousers rule the country.
« Reply #1681 on: August 26, 2015, 06:22:57 pm »
Anyone know anything about the Artists Club opposite Garlands? It looks like some sort of members club, i did a delivery there last week and it's a very strange place indeed.

Was told it's really a secret gay sauna downstairs in the basement.

Probably bollocks like.

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1682 on: August 26, 2015, 07:31:22 pm »
Was told it's really a secret gay sauna downstairs in the basement.

Probably bollocks like.

Is it a gay members club then? As I say it was a strange place, all wood panelling and plush leather armchairs - they've decked it out like a library / smoking room from a stately home. Full silver service dining room as well.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 07:33:02 pm by Sir Afghan »

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1683 on: September 2, 2015, 04:44:44 pm »
Coming back to Liverpool for the first time since leaving Uni 3 years ago...absolutely cannot wait! Going to the Norwich game so staying over on the Saturday with my girlfriend. Aiming to show her why i'm always banging on about this wonderful city and trying to get a plan of action...so far i've been thinking:

For pubs early evening somewhere like Ship and Mitre and moving over towards the caledonia and the grapes and sampling some music in the jacaranda.

Obviously have to squeeze in a nice meal somewhere and was thinking of re-visiting some classics from my student days such as heebies, baa bar or even the krazyhouse (as disgraceful as my slightly older self will probably find it!!) or maybe just sticking to the bars on dale street or seel street

Just got to figure out how to put that all together coherently...any suggestions or if you think i'm missing a gem, do let me know :)

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #1684 on: September 2, 2015, 06:27:06 pm »
Coming back to Liverpool for the first time since leaving Uni 3 years ago...absolutely cannot wait! Going to the Norwich game so staying over on the Saturday with my girlfriend. Aiming to show her why i'm always banging on about this wonderful city and trying to get a plan of action...so far i've been thinking:

For pubs early evening somewhere like Ship and Mitre and moving over towards the caledonia and the grapes and sampling some music in the jacaranda.

Obviously have to squeeze in a nice meal somewhere and was thinking of re-visiting some classics from my student days such as heebies, baa bar or even the krazyhouse (as disgraceful as my slightly older self will probably find it!!) or maybe just sticking to the bars on dale street or seel street

Just got to figure out how to put that all together coherently...any suggestions or if you think i'm missing a gem, do let me know :)
Salt Dog Slims is always a good bet - lively atmosphere and good music. Cava for a few £1 shots is an alternative. Mojo is a good end place after heebies - Heebies is mad busy on a Saturday so expect to be queuing for a good 10-15 mins anytime after 1ish.

I haven't been the Krazyhouse for a good 5 years but if your girlfriend isn't in to getting her shoes dirty and surrounded by wasted teenagers then I'd avoid haha!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1685 on: September 3, 2015, 09:45:24 pm »
Not strictly related but apparently there's been a "bit of a fire" in Concert Square this evening:

I think somebody must have found a spider.  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1686 on: September 4, 2015, 12:44:44 am »
The new Shisha spot it looked like
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1687 on: September 4, 2015, 12:50:50 am »

The K isn't a place i'd take my GF as her first night out in Liverpool. Utter shithole, and sticky as fuck,
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #1688 on: September 7, 2015, 07:31:26 pm »
Couldn`t find the thread for restaurants, but since it`s a sister establishment to Motel, has anyone been to Death Row Diner? Thoughts?

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1689 on: September 7, 2015, 08:45:36 pm »
Couldn`t find the thread for restaurants, but since it`s a sister establishment to Motel, has anyone been to Death Row Diner? Thoughts?
I haven't but my lad speaks highly of it mate.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1690 on: September 7, 2015, 09:21:00 pm »
What about the Baltic Triangle? I sort of get the impression that it`s the hipster part of Liverpool from what I`m reading. Any recommendations there? Bars? Pubs? Restaurants?

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1691 on: September 7, 2015, 09:24:11 pm »
Anyone tried the new Irish bar in Concert Square yet?

Yeah. I know what you're thinking. Concert Square!!!

I fancy seeing what it's like, and I may consider it during the daytime, but  I'd give it a wide birth during the evening.

I walked past it during the daytime, last weekend, but it was a sunny day, and Concert Square was absolutly rammed, so just carried on walking, to the swan.

Online AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1692 on: September 9, 2015, 12:55:19 pm »
Anyone tried the new Irish bar in Concert Square yet?

Yeah. I know what you're thinking. Concert Square!!!

I fancy seeing what it's like, and I may consider it during the daytime, but  I'd give it a wide birth during the evening.

I walked past it during the daytime, last weekend, but it was a sunny day, and Concert Square was absolutly rammed, so just carried on walking, to the swan.

One of the guys in here went in on Friday afternoon and said it was average, a few barflies and passing office workers - he did say the Guinness was terrible so coupled with the fact its in Concert Square as well - swerve the gaff.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #1693 on: September 9, 2015, 09:02:14 pm »
Lime Kiln is decent, purely due to the ale being in good nick and £1.65 a pint...
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #1694 on: September 18, 2015, 11:36:00 am »
Taking the missus out on Sunday afternoon into Town, where's the best place for cocktails? Proper cocktails, not that pre-mixed shite. Ta.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1695 on: September 18, 2015, 12:32:46 pm »
Taking the missus out on Sunday afternoon into Town, where's the best place for cocktails? Proper cocktails, not that pre-mixed shite. Ta.

Berry and Rye
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #1696 on: September 18, 2015, 01:38:08 pm »
If you're minted, that bar joined onto Chaophraya does nice cocktails.  Palm Sugar, is it?

Not a big cocktail drinker (unless I'm on holidays) but my missus likes a Mojito.  She's had good ones in Mojo, I think Hannah's too.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #1697 on: September 18, 2015, 01:40:25 pm »
If you're minted, that bar joined onto Chaophraya does nice cocktails.  Palm Sugar, is it?

Not a big cocktail drinker (unless I'm on holidays) but my missus likes a Mojito.  She's had good ones in Mojo, I think Hannah's too.

Palm Sugar is poser central and it's fucking stupidly expensive. Hate that place.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #1698 on: September 18, 2015, 01:54:54 pm »
Palm Sugar is poser central and it's fucking stupidly expensive. Hate that place.
I agree, but I don't think there are too many places in town where you can get a good cocktail and not have any twats about.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #1699 on: September 18, 2015, 02:21:39 pm »
I don't really know about 'good' cocktails but Las Iguanas would be my choice if its decent weather. Think it's two for one cocktails everyday until 7pm.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1700 on: September 18, 2015, 02:47:39 pm »
Berry and Rye by an absolute mile. But if Palm Sugar is your sort of gaff then B&R won't be.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1701 on: September 18, 2015, 04:26:31 pm »
I agree, but I don't think there are too many places in town where you can get a good cocktail and not have any twats about.

Hard days night hotel
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1702 on: September 18, 2015, 05:29:10 pm »
Matou does decent cocktails - and if the weather is decent their Terrace is great
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #1703 on: September 18, 2015, 06:41:23 pm »
Cheers, been the Berry and Rye a couple of times, like it in there, but want somewhere different. I'll swerve Palm Sugar, I think. Didn't even think of Hannahs, probably go there. Nice one.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1704 on: September 18, 2015, 08:52:52 pm »
Me an the wife went for a few afternoon scoops in Mathew St couple of Saturdays ago, Remenis was fuckin madness, its a night out in the daytime.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:54:54 pm by tray fenny »
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1705 on: September 18, 2015, 08:56:42 pm »
Me an the wife went for a few afternoon scoops in Mathew St couple of Saturdays ago, Remenis was fuckin madness, its a night out in the daytime.

It can be heard 400 miles away.

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1706 on: September 18, 2015, 08:59:39 pm »

Lid lid lad lid bird eh girl gerrin ere for a free shot. "no ta mate.go get a fucking job in ibiza ya daft twat"

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1707 on: September 19, 2015, 08:07:30 pm »
Phone is about to die so I can't do any links right now, but has anyone here shared anything about saving the Roscoe Head?
It's been sold by Punch Tavern to a retail outlet. Petitions in pub and online.
Brilliant pub.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1708 on: September 20, 2015, 09:03:08 am »
Salt Dog Slims is always a good bet - lively atmosphere and good music. Cava for a few £1 shots is an alternative. Mojo is a good end place after heebies - Heebies is mad busy on a Saturday so expect to be queuing for a good 10-15 mins anytime after 1ish.

I haven't been the Krazyhouse for a good 5 years but if your girlfriend isn't in to getting her shoes dirty and surrounded by wasted teenagers then I'd avoid haha!
went to salt dog slims after reading this, had a great time in there! Some good tunes, and a cocktail named after purple aki. That was fun explaining to the girlfriend haha. Went to bem brasil for food, then jacaranda, shipping forecast, salt dog slims, heebee's and then home, great night in liverpool :)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1709 on: September 20, 2015, 08:34:05 pm »
Had a pie and a pint in the Lion last night. As good and as a sound boozer it is, there is no denying those pies. Best boozer in Merseyside for the obligatory pie and a pint.

*Unsure if this should be in the foody thread*
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1710 on: September 20, 2015, 10:14:23 pm »
Thank fuck i didn't go the Lion last night.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1711 on: September 21, 2015, 04:28:31 pm »
Indeed, thank fuck, for both of us!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1712 on: September 22, 2015, 01:38:02 pm »
Anyone going the yankee on Saturday after the match? Closed as of next week. Sad times!
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #1713 on: September 27, 2015, 08:03:14 pm »
Staying over next Sunday night after the derby with 2 mates. What's town like on a Sunday night? Any were decent with a few people about on a Sunday night

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1714 on: September 27, 2015, 09:39:23 pm »
Staying over next Sunday night after the derby with 2 mates. What's town like on a Sunday night? Any were decent with a few people about on a Sunday night

Itll be busy most places sunday night after the derby.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #1715 on: September 28, 2015, 08:34:11 am »
Heard the Yankee Bar is closing on Sunday. Is this true?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 09:09:58 am by Mad Max »

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1716 on: September 28, 2015, 07:17:07 pm »
Heard the Yankee Bar is closing on Sunday. Is this true?
Was shut when I walked past on Saturday afternoon so thought it already had.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #1717 on: September 29, 2015, 07:32:14 pm »
Was shut when I walked past on Saturday afternoon so thought it already had.

Had some great nights in there.

We're not like the Everton!

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #1718 on: September 30, 2015, 12:57:51 am »
Was that called Mchales as well , lads used meet there for home matches , cheap beer .
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1719 on: September 30, 2015, 09:13:38 pm »
Love & Rockets? Is that Rob Gutmann`s last project?