Author Topic: Post Match Thread....  (Read 5422 times)

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
Post Match Thread....
« on: December 13, 2008, 05:06:47 pm »
Thank you, to whomever got rid. It was an embarrassment. Shut RAWK down for the duration of the match and the next 30mins to 1 hour.

Just keep the tech forum open :P

Seriously though....A good spring clean is needed and a shut out. It never used to be this bad, even when we were scrapping for the scraps.

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
Re: Post Match Thread....
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 05:17:32 pm »
hear hear
just turn her off for an hour or two after FT, let us all cool down
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 05:22:51 pm »
Make all users post-Istanbul reapply for their accounts based on content and quality of their current posts because the LFC board is an utter utter joke these days.
JFT97

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 05:45:11 pm »
Thank you, to whomever got rid. It was an embarrassment. Shut RAWK down for the duration of the match and the next 30mins to 1 hour.

Just keep the tech forum open :P

Seriously though....A good spring clean is needed and a shut out. It never used to be this bad, even when we were scrapping for the scraps.
It wasn't much better at the match Brad, believe me. Far too many whoppers going to Anfield these days and I'm getting really cheesed off with the fucking lot of it.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 06:09:20 pm »
There are a lot of whoppers there terry, but the sheer volume of those coming out slagging off team and manager afterthe game, can't be entirely quantified as whoppers. At least there was no booing

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 07:03:00 pm »
There are a lot of whoppers there terry, but the sheer volume of those coming out slagging off team and manager afterthe game, can't be entirely quantified as whoppers. At least there was no booing
After the game, I agree mate. I just get tired of clueless people while the game is still there to be won and the negativity that comes from them that spills right on to the pitch.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 07:51:55 pm »
The new and improved post match thread has descended into 10 reasons why we should sign Michael Owen
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 08:32:37 pm »
Make all users post-Istanbul reapply for their accounts based on content and quality of their current posts because the LFC board is an utter utter joke these days.
That would be a massive amount of work for the mods
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 08:46:31 pm »
I'd gladly volunteer to help them out.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 09:03:20 pm »
yeh, thanks!
tried to read the post match thread because i missed the match, but couldn't even read the first page of it, it was that bad! no need for threads like that.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 09:27:16 pm »
Do people really go in and read them? I am in favour of in- and post- match threads, purely to keep all the shite in them and then they should locked once the game is over, or a day or two later for post-match.

People will get their frustration out, and move on.

Of course some of the vile should still lead to bans and the likes.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 10:32:36 pm »
yeh, thanks!
tried to read the post match thread because i missed the match, but couldn't even read the first page of it, it was that bad! no need for threads like that.

I missed the match also, came on to see what the score was....can't even log on because of the ingame thread tools. I swear they only log on for the matches..traffic on here is never ever so bad, only during and just after matches. It takes the piss it really does!!
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 10:38:10 pm »

If you can manage to avoid stepping in deep puddles and walking into lamp posts, then it's surely simple enough to swerve these pre, in and post-match threads.
87:13

Pheeny

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 10:58:42 pm »
If you can manage to avoid stepping in deep puddles and walking into lamp posts, then it's surely simple enough to swerve these pre, in and post-match threads.

I know a few that won't have a choice anymore ;)

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 11:03:39 pm »

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
JFT97

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 11:48:00 pm »

It's not that simple though. The shite leaks out to every thread on the LFC board. The difference in posting quality between the flagpole corner and LFC board is shocking. It should be the other way around!
ynwa

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 11:51:02 pm »

It's not that simple though. The shite leaks out to every thread on the LFC board. The difference in posting quality between the flagpole corner and LFC board is shocking. It should be the other way around!

Aye, but if the 2000 online puppies would learn not to shit all over the place, we wouldn't have to follow them round with fucking pooper-scoopers would we?

Pheeny

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 12:00:50 am »
Aye, but if the 2000 online puppies would learn not to shit all over the place, we wouldn't have to follow them round with fucking pooper-scoopers would we?

post of the day ;D

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 02:31:20 am »
That's me fucked.

Offline lfcss

• dull
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 06:53:36 pm »
That's me fucked.

Me too  :) Although if its thought to be bad post Istanbul then its going to be bloody hideous post number 19
If there's a Mrs Skrtel she probably has to wear shinpads to bed.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 07:09:13 pm »
Me too  :) Although if its thought to be bad post Istanbul then its going to be bloody hideous post number 19 and post Rome.

Fixed it for you. ;)
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline lfcss

• dull
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 07:17:41 pm »
If there's a Mrs Skrtel she probably has to wear shinpads to bed.

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 06:45:35 am »
How come the thread was locked when the post West Ham thread is still open though?

I know some people overreact and there was a lot of kneejerking going on, but it's a forum afterall and they're surely entitled to their opinion are they not?

FWIW, the suggestion of keeping it locked for a while after the final whistle, to allow everyone cool down and get some perspective was a good one imo.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2008, 08:10:03 am »
I am coming to the unfortunate conclusion that most people are dickheads.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008, 09:10:54 am »
I am coming to the unfortunate conclusion that most people are dickheads.

A bit late Raul
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Red Brian

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 05:46:54 pm »
In my short time on this forum, I have come to the conclusion that the Post Match threads are very important. I believe that they allow users to contribute their viewpoints and opinions about the match in different ways, some positive, some negative. They allow others to understand the general feelings of the fans, and ways in which the team can improve in future games. Although some Post Match threads become rather One-Dimensional with endless criticism, the moderators must understand that users may be just upset and angered by the poor performance and feel that they have to share this. This should not result in bans, in my opinion. Any fan who is not incredibly upset by a poor performance (e.g. The dissapointing Hull draw this weekend) cannot be considered a "true" fan.

Brian.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 05:56:44 pm »

Believe me, we all feel as frustrated as everyone else :P and it's understandable that people want to vent, but that's not the problem, or the point.

People got booted from the post-match thread the other day for personal abuse. Simple as that.

As I said in another of these recent threads, and on numerous occasions before;

IT AIN'T WHAT YOU SAY, IT'S THE WAY THAT YOU SAY IT.

As far as I know, no-one has ever been banned for holding a certain opinion.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 06:00:05 pm »
Brian I agree with most of what you say, but bear in mind that we don't ban most one word post match answers and so forth, but there is a distinct difference between the frustrated and the arsehole, and whilst your point about triue fans may be slightly moot, true fans also know that the team don't intend to draw, or lose, or play shite. And most true fans know that the frustration can be still tempered by tolerance.

When the mancs won the 99 euro cup, I was so angry I left the house cos I knew I'd kick the cat. And we don't even have one. So i know if i'm really angry, i'm not going to log on. Its not hard.
Yep.

Offline Red Brian

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 06:03:50 pm »
Talking in capitals in a post-match thread deserves a ban? For example (excuse the language) "FUCKING HELL WE PLAYED SHITE WHAT A FUCKING JOKE THIS WHOLE TEAM IS" is an example of someone attempting to get rid of their anger after a poor result. A guy whom I work with was permanently banned the other day for something similar to this; he regretted it instantly in the morning. He told me that he had said these things because he was extremely upset that we did not stretch our lead at the top, and that he did not mean what he said, something in the "heat of the moment" I am not saying you should allow these kind of comments all of the time, I am just asking for some understanding and acceptance of some comments after a poor result, before going straight in with a ban.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008, 06:04:24 pm »

Again, if we had a proper level-headed match-review thread after each game, within a day or two, suitable for the Opinion Forum, a la Spyin' Kop, we could lock those post-game reaction threads there and then, same as the pre-game and in-game threads.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2008, 06:05:39 pm »

Talking in capitals in a post-match thread deserves a ban? For example (excuse the language) "FUCKING HELL WE PLAYED SHITE WHAT A FUCKING JOKE THIS WHOLE TEAM IS" is an example of someone attempting to get rid of their anger after a poor result. A guy whom I work with was permanently banned the other day for something similar to this; he regretted it instantly in the morning. He told me that he had said these things because he was extremely upset that we did not stretch our lead at the top, and that he did not mean what he said, something in the "heat of the moment" I am not saying you should allow these kind of comments all of the time, I am just asking for some understanding and acceptance of some comments after a poor result, before going straight in with a ban.

I can absolutely guarantee he wasn't banned simply for using capitals. No chance.

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2008, 09:16:40 pm »
Again, if we had a proper level-headed match-review thread after each game, within a day or two, suitable for the Opinion Forum, a la Spyin' Kop, we could lock those post-game reaction threads there and then, same as the pre-game and in-game threads.

My sentiments exactly. If you still haven't calmed down after a day or so then you should seek help I reckon.

(Not you personally Barney).

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 09:36:20 pm »

;D

Suppose I'm lucky as I've seen us win title after title. It is fucking frustrating and infuriating at times, especially now after a 20 year wait and it's probably ten times worse for those too young to have seen it before, but I almost never post in those match threads, win, lose or draw. I like the Ronnie Moran philosophy that when a game is over, that's it, spent, done with. Learn from it and move on, which is the job of the manager and the players. I don't worry me head about shite like that. I never did watching Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Kenny's teams. They're the ones in the know, who are getting paid to do it. My bit was to turn up and shout me head off, when I got the chance.

And once again, it's not WHAT you say...

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2008, 12:34:09 am »
Suppose I'm lucky as I've seen us win title after title.
Ahhhh, shaddap a ya face.      :P    ;D

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2008, 10:31:57 am »
;D

Suppose I'm lucky as I've seen us win title after title. It is fucking frustrating and infuriating at times, especially now after a 20 year wait and it's probably ten times worse for those too young to have seen it before, but I almost never post in those match threads, win, lose or draw. I like the Ronnie Moran philosophy that when a game is over, that's it, spent, done with. Learn from it and move on, which is the job of the manager and the players. I don't worry me head about shite like that. I never did watching Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Kenny's teams. They're the ones in the know, who are getting paid to do it. My bit was to turn up and shout me head off, when I got the chance.

And once again, it's not WHAT you say...

Nice post Barney and so true
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.