Author Topic: Round Table Swansea 3-1 Liverpool  (Read 5726 times)

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Round Table Swansea 3-1 Liverpool
« on: May 1, 2016, 02:02:48 pm »
Well lets be honest, that was shit.

There was no attitude, a sleepy lacklustre performance from the men in red and who is remotely surprised. I am not condoning any of the players here but we all know that the team for Thursday was unlikely to be changed by anyone's actions on the field today.

Those players (Coutinho for eg) who know they'll be playing on Thursday spent the match trying to avoid injury.
Those players (most of the rest) who know they won't be playing couldn't be arsed.

The shame of it for me is a sense of pride in playing in a Liverpool shirt, it should mean something, and there should be at the very least a sense of professionalism if nothing else, the tens of thousands of pounds you get paid should strike a chord inside you that makes you try a little bit.

sometimes...

Ward had a good game, Clyne was ok, and er that's me done. Lazy passing on a horrible surface will never get you anywhere. As soon as the team realised it was slick and greasy they should've woken up and been crisp and alert but no, the entire team have been hooked up on Horlicks and Valium for their breakfast.

Lazy bastards.
Yep.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Round Table Swansea 3-1 Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: May 1, 2016, 02:28:03 pm »
Well lets be honest, that was shit.

There was no attitude, a sleepy lacklustre performance from the men in red and who is remotely surprised. I am not condoning any of the players here but we all know that the team for Thursday was unlikely to be changed by anyone's actions on the field today.

Those players (Coutinho for eg) who know they'll be playing on Thursday spent the match trying to avoid injury.
Those players (most of the rest) who know they won't be playing couldn't be arsed.

The shame of it for me is a sense of pride in playing in a Liverpool shirt, it should mean something, and there should be at the very least a sense of professionalism if nothing else, the tens of thousands of pounds you get paid should strike a chord inside you that makes you try a little bit.

sometimes...

Ward had a good game, Clyne was ok, and er that's me done. Lazy passing on a horrible surface will never get you anywhere. As soon as the team realised it was slick and greasy they should've woken up and been crisp and alert but no, the entire team have been hooked up on Horlicks and Valium for their breakfast.

Lazy bastards.

We have issues that we've known about for a while. The defensive hokey cokey of who should clear a ball is nothing new. It did seem to me that mentally everyone is on Thursday and forgot about Sunday. To some degree it's understandable and whether it's forgivable or not is a very debatable topic in my opinion.

When we played Watford before Christmas we cut a very forlorn figure of ourselves. We were similar today and in passages looked like we needed to do so much more in every way possible. We didn't and we paid the price.

Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2 on: May 2, 2016, 06:26:30 pm »
For me it became evident early on that Klopp's justifiable gamble was coming apart in the midfield , was it a game too soon for Chirivella ? Would he have fared better with Lucas guiding him rather than Stewart in a old head young apprentice plan? I don't know but we were like tissue paper in the center of midfield.

The inevitable first goal from a corner was a well executed run by the Swansea lad but the marking on him was non existent, the second goal was our players backing away and seemingly saying pick your spot.  Ward had no chance with either goal, their third goal was 'Keystone Kops' defending the guy was engulfed by half our team and still we couldn't stop him scoring. Lovren and Skrtel do not gel for some reason they are not on the same wavelength at any time in the game.

So this time the gamble of playing quite a few kids with what is now second string players like Ibe and Skrtel didn't work but in my opinion it was well worth trying.

Even out of this lack lustre game there were brief glimpses of positivity , for example i noticed Benteke chasing back to get the ball and he seemed quite mobile  compared to in the past, i am getting quite excited about the promise that Ojo shows in these first few games, even yesterday he showed some nice touches and can even take a corner. Sturridge got 90 minutes under his belt.

So in the end we deservedly lost 3-1 and take it on the chin and move on with at least all our players in the reckoning for selection on Thursday fit. 
« Last Edit: May 2, 2016, 06:29:55 pm by Mutton Geoff »
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3 on: May 2, 2016, 06:32:57 pm »
That third goal.....

A thing of beauty....

Has there ever been such a combination of individual errors for a top flight goal?

Quite marvelous in a masochistic kind of way.

So many chances to clear the ball or just knock it behind for a corner....

You have to admire it really, skrtel's legacy ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4 on: May 2, 2016, 06:52:01 pm »
We wuz poo.

Dissect that.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 2, 2016, 07:10:58 pm »
Looked like the whole squad at the Liberty knew the squad for Thursday.

Not one player, fringe, nor supposed first team player gave Jurgen a decision to make before the Villareal game.
It was embarrassing.

And this whole 'All in' on the Europa stinks as well. Do we think it's acceptable to give up on the league as soon as a cup final looms on the horizon ? Like El Lobo has mentioned in a previous thread, if we'd have kept hold of the leads in a couple of previous games we could well be sat in fourth now, with a lot less pressure on Thursday.

I was brought up on 'The most important game is your next one'. And we fight like bastards to make sure we leave it all on the pitch every Saturday/Wednesday. If you lose because you played a better side, or just had an off day then fair enough. I never used to come away from Anfield thinking "They didn't try."

Every player that came in yesterday should have been busting their guts to get in the side/squad for Thursday. Instead, we looked like we couldn't be arsed.

And it's nothing to do with the side Jurgen put out, he shuffles the pack to keep the players fresh, and hopefully hungry to play. To show that they can be a part of the squad next season. Yet to me, the only players that put the hard yards in were those that will know they're in come midweek. Clyne/Lovren/Coutinho will all start against Villareal, they're the professionals. It might not be going their way, but they never look like they've thrown the towel in.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #6 on: May 2, 2016, 07:21:33 pm »
Is it worth trying to analyse that game?

If it is then we have serious issues to resolve. Like for example, why were so many of the players who should be fighting for places so poor? None showed any desire to win the game.

Our defence has been poor all season. Other teams seem to be able to setup 2 banks of 4 to make it hard for us, yet we have defenders and midfielders who are made of tissue paper.

We are the 2nd worst (?) at defending set-pieces. Who is worse?

If the game is worth analysing then there are a lot of players who need to be sold. If not then have we accepted that the same players are not good enough and need shipped out.......either way it's the same result.

Swansea played well and attached and defended as a team. We had 11 plus misfits who didn't seem to know their role nor want to be there. For me that is worrying as all players should be able to play together as part of Klopp's squad.
#JFT97

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7 on: May 2, 2016, 07:34:03 pm »
We said a few times before Xmas after shit performances about Klopp now knowing what a tough job it is. Hopefully after that yesterday he's learned a thing or two about certain players.

There's not really much point dissecting the little details and what went wrong because to me it was pretty obvious throughout the entire club that the game didn't really matter. That was the whole problem, we telegraphed how important it was to us. We've shrugged off dropping the lead against Southampton, Spurs and Newcastle and then shrugged that off yesterday. Ten points. There's too many times over the last five/six years where we've found ourselves playing weakened sides in the league to try and progress in a cup/Europe, we make it dead obvious we don't care about the league anymore and when you put all your eggs in one basket then you're leaving yourself wide open to really shit out and end up with the eggs on your face.

And with the league this season, it's a massive missed opportunity to make a statement going forward if not actually qualify for the CL through the league. I hope to god lessons are learnt.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 2, 2016, 07:43:01 pm »
You must have watched a different game to me, Stewart, Smith, chirevela,Ward,  Ibe and Ojo all worked hard (Smith probably to hard) ,  as a unit they just weren't a match for Swansea.
Skrtel is just not good enough full stop,and every time he plays now he is disruptive to the whole team.
Coutinho was ill 48 hours before and played like it.
This moaning about giving up on the league is obviously aimed at Klopp,
Spurs have been building  for a few seasons now and have barely had an injury this season,  their subs are  not kids.
They will probably end up with champions league football next season,
We have been to one final and could end up with a  trophy and champions league next season. All this with a poorer squad devastating injuries and a  new manager.
We need to see the bigger picture instead of being negative.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #9 on: May 2, 2016, 10:11:14 pm »
Awful game,no pride seemed to be on show.

Can't blame the conditions or the pitch-Swansea played in exactly the same.

We lacked organisation & a bit of leadership in midfield which cost us the game ultimately.

A game to quickly forget as we have a massive axe to grind on thursday..

Not a great deal to analyse to be honest.

Those who whine about selection & performances..blah blah..

Look at the bigger picture for once,you have to be bold to find out who can do what at this level..this game was no marker for the future of LFC.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #10 on: May 3, 2016, 03:42:25 am »
We should hide the knives on this round table.

That was difficult to watch.

All eyes are on the Europa semi, so in that context the loss is easier to take.
Swansea did play well and took their chances, and at least one of our youngsters were out of their depth.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #11 on: May 3, 2016, 12:03:42 pm »
Lovren and Skrtel do not gel
A very pertinent point for me.  Yes, there were other problems all over the pitch and we played almost without a midfield but these two together are a disaster waiting to happen.  We've seen what Lovren can do in recent weeks alongside Sakho and Kolo and we've seen previously how poorly these two can play together.

I get that some players had an eye on Thursday.  That's obvious.  But Chiravella and Stuart?  That was a big opportunity for both of them and, had they played so poorly but given 100% I'd be forgiving them.  Sadly, and I can't for the life of me fathom why this is the case, they appeared not to.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: May 3, 2016, 12:06:21 pm »
I think it's unfair to claim that Chirivella and Stewart didn't try, the former especially were just outplayed and didn't look ready yet to be playing against a full strength premier league side.

I'm a massive fan of us trusting youth players in these games, but when you make a lot of changes, especially in key positions like midfield I think this is the sort of result that can happen.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2016, 12:07:54 pm by Chris~ »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 3, 2016, 12:11:14 pm »
The only person Skrtel has looked okay with was Carra. Speaks volumes.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 3, 2016, 12:12:47 pm »
A mate at work asked if we played at the weekend. I said no.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 3, 2016, 12:15:41 pm »
A mate at work asked if we played at the weekend. I said no.

;D
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 3, 2016, 12:52:48 pm »
The team selected was too weakened and I think that was a mistake. I understand why, but Klopp went too far with the rotation/kids.  Chirvella doesn't look physically ready to play CM yet. He is a skilled player no doubt but proved to be too lightweight in this game.

I know we have a lot of injuries and a huge game on Thursday but it felt like we conceded the game when the team sheet went in.

It was crazy that we played at 12 on Sunday after an away trip on Thursday which did not help, and I'm sure that forced Klopp's hand to some extent with the selection. Having said that those selected were largely very poor and more worryingly unenergetic which isn't something a player should be in an LFC shirt.

As with every season, you can look back at 2/3 results and see where 4th slipped away. This game, Southampton and Newcastle were probably the difference between finishing around 7th and 4th as the likes of City seem intent on not being in the CL next year.

Poor. We move on and hopefully the sacrifice will be worth it on Thursday.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #17 on: May 3, 2016, 01:06:01 pm »
It gave Jurgen a chance to look at how players react to being given a chance to show what they've got with a view to being in contention for regular first team football.

He got a lot of answers.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #18 on: May 3, 2016, 01:06:07 pm »
We came. We saw. We left.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 3, 2016, 02:49:46 pm »
We had a reserve team out, and played shit.

Not much else to discuss really.