Author Topic: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm  (Read 203540 times)

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
Re: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm
« Reply #560 on: April 10, 2014, 11:46:34 am »
How much money would be adequate compensation for not winning this game?
Mr Dilkington ponders the question...

And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #561 on: April 10, 2014, 11:47:17 am »
Anyone else feel Luis might be overdue to score a worldie, and that if there was any match he'd save it for, it'd be this one...?

I think a lot of people have that feeling about Sturridge. Wouldn't mind one from both myself :)

Offline Red Spen

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #562 on: April 10, 2014, 11:59:40 am »
If you want any kind of example of the difference a ground can make to a football result look no further than the Vincente Calderon stadium last night... It made the hairs on your neck stand up and after the game the manager and several players said the noise in the ground carried them over the line when they were dead on their feet....

The whole world will be watching this game on Sunday and they will witness passion, noise and emotion never witnessed at a premier league game before......

I don't just mean the Kop either. The whole ground is going to be shaking to its foundations at 3.07pm.......

The time is now.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #563 on: April 10, 2014, 12:11:47 pm »
If you want any kind of example of the difference a ground can make to a football result look no further than the Vincente Calderon stadium last night... It made the hairs on your neck stand up and after the game the manager and several players said the noise in the ground carried them over the line when they were dead on their feet....

The whole world will be watching this game on Sunday and they will witness passion, noise and emotion never witnessed at a premier league game before......

I don't just mean the Kop either. The whole ground is going to be shaking to its foundations at 3.07pm.......

The time is now.

The fixture couldn't fall on a better day for us as I'm sure the Hillsborough rememberence will fire up supporters even more as well

Offline LGarcia10

• Main Stander
  • Make us dream
« Reply #564 on: April 10, 2014, 12:17:15 pm »

The time is now.

You mean 13:37 right?

Offline ScouserAlec

• Kopite
« Reply #565 on: April 10, 2014, 12:19:08 pm »
CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!!!!!

Not got a ticket for this but going to go down the ground before kick off
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:21:51 pm by ScouserAlec »
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05

Offline SMacDougall

• Kopite
« Reply #566 on: April 10, 2014, 12:19:38 pm »
Defending deep and hitting them on the break? Because that is what AM were doing.

Meant the result and the atmosphere

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #567 on: April 10, 2014, 12:19:47 pm »
Just imagine this was a European tie - and we'd lost the first leg 2-1 at their place.  Does anybody doubt that we'd smash them and go through.  No.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #568 on: April 10, 2014, 12:41:07 pm »
I won't bother with tactics, a starting eleven or whatever. I just wanted to say, that I have no doubt that we will win the league, if we beat City on Saturday. That said, I am 100 percent sure that we will win that game. Can't wait for Saturday...

Offline LGarcia10

• Main Stander
  • Make us dream

Offline random22

• Kopite
« Reply #570 on: April 10, 2014, 12:52:17 pm »

The time is now.

The significance of the match coupled with Hillsborough remembrance will drive the fans to create an electrifying atmosphere inside Anfield . No doubt about that.

Offline Hollywood Balls

• Pine Wood Cock
  • Kopite
  • "Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville."
« Reply #571 on: April 10, 2014, 01:05:23 pm »
I won't bother with tactics, a starting eleven or whatever. I just wanted to say, that I have no doubt that we will win the league, if we beat City on Saturday. That said, I am 100 percent sure that we will win that game. Can't wait for Saturday...

I know you don't have an eye for detail but you should read the thread title.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts: CAN'T LOSE!

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • Black&White, Believe&Fight
« Reply #572 on: April 10, 2014, 01:13:18 pm »
I know you don't have an eye for detail but you should read the thread title.

He says " i  have no doubt that we will win the league if we beat city on Saturday. "
"Waiting for Vodafone Arena to win League Titles"

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: April 10, 2014, 01:13:41 pm »
He says " i  have no doubt that we will win the league if we beat city on Saturday. "

Exactly, the games on sunday.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #574 on: April 10, 2014, 01:14:23 pm »
Any idea what the Mosaic is going to be on Sunday? I assume it's Hillsborough related.
Cheers
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: April 10, 2014, 01:15:43 pm »
Any idea what the Mosaic is going to be on Sunday? I assume it's Hillsborough related.
Cheers

Maybe similar to the last one we had?

Offline #19 Dream

• Main Stander
  • "My people go to Anfield"
« Reply #576 on: April 10, 2014, 01:26:05 pm »
Just imagine this was a European tie - and we'd lost the first leg 2-1 at their place.  Does anybody doubt that we'd smash them and go through.  No.

I like this.  True, I'd be confident.  And a 100% hostile crowd needs to play its part.  Not just loud and supportive - hostile, like Chelsea 05

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #577 on: April 10, 2014, 01:49:42 pm »
I hope we play Sterling on the wing...if we can keep Kolarov and Zabaleta pinned back I'm confident that Henderson and Gerrard will dominate Yaya. That's the key areas for me.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: April 10, 2014, 01:59:51 pm »
I hope we play Sterling on the wing...if we can keep Kolarov and Zabaleta pinned back I'm confident that Henderson and Gerrard will dominate Yaya. That's the key areas for me.

I don't think that will be Rodgers approach. I think he'll let their fullbacks get forward. I think he'll be willing to concede the wide areas if he can get Suarez and Sturridge 2v2 against City's centre backs when we win the ball back. Not really our usual way to approach a game at home but i think that's how he'll play it. I'm almost always wrong though.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: April 10, 2014, 02:07:21 pm »

They say winning isn't everything, it's the only thing but in those dark days our character is what kept this club so strong. It will be our character that will shape our destiny and no one doubts where this road will take us.

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #580 on: April 10, 2014, 02:12:52 pm »
They say winning isn't everything, it's the only thing but in those dark days our character is what kept this club so strong. It will be our character that will shape our destiny and no one doubts where this road will take us.

:thumbup
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #581 on: April 10, 2014, 02:37:14 pm »
I don't think that will be Rodgers approach. I think he'll let their fullbacks get forward. I think he'll be willing to concede the wide areas if he can get Suarez and Sturridge 2v2 against City's centre backs when we win the ball back. Not really our usual way to approach a game at home but i think that's how he'll play it. I'm almost always wrong though.

Spot on for me ......

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: April 10, 2014, 02:42:38 pm »

That'd be an extremely risky proposition, IMO, since the 'laterals' of our diamond would have to stretch wide to cover their fullbacks and this could leave us exposed in the middle to the power and pace of Yaya and Fernandinho or create space for Silva in the gap between our midfield and our defence.

Personally I'd go with a 433, with Suarez in a role similar to what he had at the Etihad, as a central striker dropping a bit towards the midfield, dragging their CBs out of position and creating space for runs behind their defence by our attackers. We'd have 3 CMs and the pace of Sterling and Sturridge in the wide areas would certainly pin back their fullbacks a bit more and create them problems.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #583 on: April 10, 2014, 02:45:08 pm »
I've just had a watch of our last 4 encounters against City. We seem to find it quite easy to break down their defense and create chances. I still can't believe we walked away from Etihad without at least a point in our last game (that Sterling miss from the Suarez cross :o). We also seem to find it hard to keep hold of leads (or at least increase the margins) as we seem to have dropped points from a leading position in each of our last 4 games against them. We also have a maddening tendancy to gift them goals (Tevez from a Skrtel mistake, and Agüero from a Reina mistake) and twice they've equalised via a Kompany header from a corner.

I think if we can tighten up a little defensively (especially from corners), and limit/avoid silly game changing mistakes, we should enjoy a pretty one-sided outcome. I'm  predicting a 3-1 win for us :wave
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Herby

« Reply #584 on: April 10, 2014, 02:50:03 pm »
This match should be feckin monumental occasion.
One for the library of memorable games/atmospheres

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #585 on: April 10, 2014, 02:54:31 pm »
If we can target Demichelis constantly, I think we'll have some joy. He's shite.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline cynicaloldgit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: April 10, 2014, 02:57:21 pm »
I'll have one of them. With extra chilli.
"You can always lie to others, but never to yourself."

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #587 on: April 10, 2014, 03:12:51 pm »
It's not just the point we would have gained if we had drawn at their gaff, but the two we would have taken off them !
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TXRed

• Anny Roader
  • Just a Bible-thumpin' Liverpool-lovin' Yank
« Reply #588 on: April 10, 2014, 03:15:43 pm »
Did Anyone check out bluemoon topics? Wanna learn their thoughts about this game

Dippers, dippers, dippers, Brenda, typical Scousers, they're better in every position, etc. etc.

I really don't mind most City fans, and I need to stay away from that forum to keep that point of view.

Offline Walk On

• Legacy Fan
  • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart ...
« Reply #589 on: April 10, 2014, 03:39:41 pm »
I've just had a watch of our last 4 encounters against City. We seem to find it quite easy to break down their defense and create chances. I still can't believe we walked away from Etihad without at least a point in our last game (that Sterling miss from the Suarez cross :o). We also seem to find it hard to keep hold of leads (or at least increase the margins) as we seem to have dropped points from a leading position in each of our last 4 games against them. We also have a maddening tendancy to gift them goals (Tevez from a Skrtel mistake, and Agüero from a Reina mistake) and twice they've equalised via a Kompany header from a corner.

I think if we can tighten up a little defensively (especially from corners), and limit/avoid silly game changing mistakes, we should enjoy a pretty one-sided outcome. I'm  predicting a 3-1 win for us :wave

This is why I think it will be the same defensive line-up that played against West Ham.  It quite scary to think how easily we've conceded from set-pieces.  Previously we used to be so tight at the back but lacked something upfront.  Nowadays its the opposite. 

I think it will be a very open game and its going to be guns-blazing from the first minute... we need to keep calm and under control. As you've mentioned we will create the chances and need to take them but equally we need to be solid.  I'm tempted to think we will play the diamond midfield like in the 2nd half but have a feeling we would like to attack in the first 45 and keep it more solid in the 2nd half.
- Rebuilding the Bastion

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #590 on: April 10, 2014, 03:44:13 pm »
where's phase of plays presser?
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline pmcgrath

• Main Stander
« Reply #591 on: April 10, 2014, 03:58:02 pm »

Sturridge would have buried that  :butt

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: April 10, 2014, 03:59:32 pm »
Our defence has improved markedly since December and our players are going to be so up for this game.  It will be furious. 

EDIt: Made my own version - hopefully YouTube wont delete it anytime soon!  This is how I imagine Anfield will be on Sunday - ready for war.  Just imagine the sails have images of Liver Birds, Shankly, Kenny, 5 Stars etc on them. ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ekCSHq8sSAU&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ekCSHq8sSAU&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:51:28 pm by Red Beret »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #593 on: April 10, 2014, 04:03:10 pm »
Dippers, dippers, dippers, Brenda, typical Scousers, they're better in every position, etc. etc.

I really don't mind most City fans, and I need to stay away from that forum to keep that point of view.

This

Offline Jamesy

• Anny Roader
  • Auld Arse
« Reply #594 on: April 10, 2014, 04:08:44 pm »

THEM SCOUSERS AGAIN
I've got your name written here in a rose tattoo.

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: April 10, 2014, 04:10:23 pm »
The yellow bibs in training today:

Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez.

Think that's the team.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #596 on: April 10, 2014, 04:11:17 pm »
not nervous in the slightest.  we're so ruthless at home, and their defence is so erratic, i think we'll win this convincingly enough that the goal difference advantage will be ours by sunday afternoon.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #597 on: April 10, 2014, 04:16:29 pm »
Pictures from training today:

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline cmh86

• Main Stander
« Reply #598 on: April 10, 2014, 04:29:10 pm »

Yes!
"Anyone who doesn't learn from Ian Rush needs shooting." Robbie Fowler

Offline cmh86

• Main Stander
« Reply #599 on: April 10, 2014, 04:30:04 pm »
not nervous in the slightest.  we're so ruthless at home, and their defence is so erratic, i think we'll win this convincingly enough that the goal difference advantage will be ours by sunday afternoon.

No need to be nervous is there, just enjoy the ride. Would prefer this feeling to the last 4 seasons when we've been fighting for nothing.
"Anyone who doesn't learn from Ian Rush needs shooting." Robbie Fowler