Author Topic: LFC announce new 6-tier ticket plan  (Read 30948 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
LFC announce new 6-tier ticket plan
« on: March 8, 2013, 05:21:13 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/lfc-announce-new-6-tier-ticket-plan

Liverpool FC have announced a new six-tier ticket structure for 2013-14 to allow more accurate ticket pricing according to seat, location and view.

This move will see some ticket prices reduce while other seats with the best match-day view and location will be priced more appropriately to reflect their position in the stadium and match view.

The club also announced, for the second season running, that all Kop tickets will reduce or remain flat.

As part of the club's long-term strategy to keep tickets for juniors affordable, Liverpool is introducing a £5 children's ticket for selected Premier League games.  The club successfully trialled this approach earlier this season in home cup games and it proved successful with an increase in children attending matches.

Following a major investment in the family areas at Anfield this season, Liverpool also announced it will reduce junior season tickets for kids aged 16 and under by nearly 30 per cent.

Ian Ayre, LFC managing director, said: "Over the past two years, the club has given careful consideration to ticket prices and pricing structures in consultation with the Supporters Committee.

"Following last year's price freeze, this year we have reviewed our overall stadium pricing structure and, similar to many other Premier League clubs, from next season we will also be introducing a multiple-tier pricing structure which will more accurately reflect seat location and view.  This new approach to ticket price points at Anfield will see all Kop tickets reduce or remain flat in price for the second year in succession."

He added: "As part of our planned approach to making Anfield more accessible to families, earlier this season we invested over £1million in a new Family Zone area and Family Park at Anfield.  These areas were designed to keep junior Reds entertained before and after the match and it's great to see so many kids enjoying the new spaces we have created for them.

"We will be introducing a number of junior ticket price points to make Anfield more affordable for families including a new low £5 children's ticket for selected Premier League games.  We hope that by reducing junior pricing and making more tickets available, we'll see even more of our youngest fans at Anfield."

The majority of away fan prices will be reduced or held flat.

Can check out the full ticket prices here http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/lfc-ticket-prices

----------

Although it means increases for some (myself included as my ST is now in the top £850 price range) I think this approach has been needed for a while now.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LFC announce new 6-tier ticket plan
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2013, 05:22:55 pm »
I'm guessing the club are making more money out of this, there is no way they're doing it from the goodness of their hearts.

It's a rich mans game nowadays, and how the game suffers from this
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2 on: March 8, 2013, 05:25:11 pm »
I'm guessing the club are making more money out of this, there is no way they're doing it from the goodness of their hearts.

Yeah it will no doubt make them more, but their needs to be a more varied pricing structure as it was all pretty much similar if you were corner back row of the Kop or centre of Centenary.

The £5 kids tickets is a nice touch too.

Offline AM76

• Joylessly cynical skimreader aka IQ76
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: March 8, 2013, 05:26:18 pm »

Got it in one there mate. I haven't been the match regularly since 2009 as I can't afford the price of the season ticket. Good job for me one of my mates buys it off me every season so I can still keep it in my name

Offline owens123

• Main Stander
« Reply #4 on: March 8, 2013, 05:27:51 pm »

Well obviously, it's a business, they need to make money... But that doesn't mean you can't make changes that changes aren't good for the fans just because they make money out of it. I'm sure this will make them more money but also make tickets more affordable. Quality of life improvements for fans = more tickets sold = more money made.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5 on: March 8, 2013, 05:37:12 pm »
Nice touch re the kids tickets costing between £5, £10 & £15 a game (depending on Category A, B or C opposition, and buying a junior membership fee?)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 8, 2013, 05:45:54 pm »
Nice touch re the kids tickets costing between £5, £10 & £15 a game (depending on Category A, B or C opposition, and buying a junior membership fee?)

The only way for the club to maintain its matchday income and provide cheaper tickets for families and kids is to put other prices up.

It's ridiculous that everyone basically pays the same no matter where you sit but I there are more inventive ways of increasing revenue that will hopefully come in the future (eg. mini-hospitality seats) particularly for the 'better' seats.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 8, 2013, 05:46:35 pm »
It was inevitable ticket prices would start creeping up again after freezing them previously, so although I'm not happy my particular seat has increased, looking at the bigger picture for a wider spread of fans as a whole, at least that increase in my ticked is balanced by cheaper and more affordable tickets for youngsters attending the games.

We've seriously needed a ticket overhaul for many years, and although not perfect and ideal for everyone, at least they're trying to give a wider spread of ticket prices for varying pockets, although thats a little bit moot as as most games are still sell outs, it's still a case of in's in to many, and those people who are desperate to get tickets willl pay whatever it costs just to be in the ground.  Even if those tickets are over priced and not value for money.

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #8 on: March 8, 2013, 05:54:43 pm »
I never understood why ticket prices were almost the same regardless where you sit.
If you were in the first 20 rows watching the game from the side of the pitch somewhat close to the center line maybe the ticket should be 100 and the further way then the cheaper.
You need to have pricing depending on how close you are. It's like real estate, location, location, location. There are plenty of people who can affor a 100 per game while there are some who can only afford maybe 25. So price it that way and charge a premium for the location.

Offline ronnnie yates

• Anny Roader
  • today we settle all family business.
« Reply #9 on: March 8, 2013, 06:19:58 pm »
FFS, when will it end ?, the ticket prices should be affordable anyway , and now we are happy because they are letting a few kids in for a fiver , the players need to be stopped earning fucking ridiculous wages , £5 and £10 tickets are a regular feature in the bundesliga , but we have the greatest bestest league in the world !!, what a joke , my season ticket is in the kemlyn (kop end ), what are they going to do now ??,whack another 100 on it next year ??, fucking sky/scudamore have ripped the heart out of the game , it makes me fucking seethe  :no, thanks for reading rant over  :)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 8, 2013, 06:23:11 pm »

Your principal is correct, but sorry mate, you can get to f*ck with your 100 a game. 
   Unless it's lira we're talking about.  ;)

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #11 on: March 8, 2013, 06:24:45 pm »
Kids ticket prices is fantastic, should help the club ensure more reds than blues are in the local parks and classrooms - which of course is the way it should be, however some of the other prices listed there are an utter disgrace.  Somewhere in my shoe box I have a £32 ticket to watch Liverpool v Barcelona from 2006.  Champions League Knockout Game agains the then Champions of Europe.  Now a home game against Reading will cost more.

If the club really need to make this much money from home games then I agree with the poster above - tickets by the halfway line should cost >£65, and kept back and be sold to people who haven't got at least say 5-10 games from the previous season after every sale.  That way the fans that go every week can go for £35, sit together and make some noise, and those who don't tend to come as often (and will inevitably be willing to spend more as a result) can get their £65 tickets.

Not perfect, not by a long shot, but charging £52 for a league game, hell any game is absurd.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #12 on: March 8, 2013, 06:32:39 pm »
The only way for the club to maintain its matchday income and provide cheaper tickets for families and kids is to put other prices up.

It's ridiculous that everyone basically pays the same no matter where you sit but I there are more inventive ways of increasing revenue that will hopefully come in the future (eg. mini-hospitality seats) particularly for the 'better' seats.

Aye, though hopefully the club will give those who have now had a £70 hike on a season ticket a chance to move seats if possible.

MX/MW seats being in the 2nd highest tier of prices seems unfair - especially as Rodgers seemingly instructs our players to intentionally play our best football for long periods behind that pillar that gets in the way of my view when I go.

Also, as pointed out in the ticket thread - some people won't be too happy on being told a Cat A game will cost them around £52 next season - especially as we haven't won one of them this season ;)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Kicked_Into_Touch

• Kopite
« Reply #13 on: March 8, 2013, 06:41:34 pm »
Your principal is correct, but sorry mate, you can get to f*ck with your 100 a game. 
   Unless it's lira we're talking about.  ;)

will take you quite a bit more than a hundred lira to get into the turnstile....maybe get a whole bagful and bludgeon the gate attendant with it

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14 on: March 8, 2013, 06:45:21 pm »
People seem to be forgetting this wonderful gesture about kids tickets is only actually available in 4 blocks.

Its half the Upper, so about 1300 seats, hardly that bad given we have a tiny capacity and huge demand.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 8, 2013, 06:46:37 pm »
I never understood why ticket prices were almost the same regardless where you sit.
If you were in the first 20 rows watching the game from the side of the pitch somewhat close to the center line maybe the ticket should be 100 and the further way then the cheaper.
You need to have pricing depending on how close you are. It's like real estate, location, location, location. There are plenty of people who can affor a 100 per game while there are some who can only afford maybe 25. So price it that way and charge a premium for the location.

You have got to be taking the piss? £100 a game? Fuck. That. The current prices are a fucking travesty without ideas like this being bandied about. This change doesnt really affect me as I would only ever opt for Kop first, Annie Road 2nd, but some of the decisions here are odd. Block 202 and 208 being deemed worse views than 128 and 129 being one of them.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #16 on: March 8, 2013, 06:48:05 pm »
MX/MW seats being in the 2nd highest tier of prices seems unfair
Don't want to nit pick, but that jumped out for me as well. How are the likes of MX and CE9 the 2nd best seats in the house?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17 on: March 8, 2013, 06:51:18 pm »
And also cruel as fuck once they turn 16. Where are they suddenly gonna find the extra 40 quid a week from?

They become a Junior then don't they, so still low prices?

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #18 on: March 8, 2013, 07:09:39 pm »
Still twice the price what it should be.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 8, 2013, 07:13:00 pm »
The flogging of this club for every penny that can be squeezed out is sad. I know football more than ever is a business, but I can't get the image of Ayre and cronies sitting round a table and saying"how can we get more money out of these lemmings"

Offline Jimbo

• Main Stander
  • Youll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #20 on: March 8, 2013, 07:13:48 pm »
A price freeze for me in 204 - got off lightly!

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #21 on: March 8, 2013, 07:14:32 pm »
I thought those awful side on seats latched on to annie road would be the cheapest but they're not, same for up by the away fans in the main stand.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 8, 2013, 07:16:56 pm »
I thought those awful side on seats latched on to annie road would be the cheapest but they're not, same for up by the away fans in the main stand.

The reason they're expensive is its easier to fleece members. I bet there are very few season tickets in those blocks.

Offline TitanTrigger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 8, 2013, 07:19:46 pm »
The flogging of this club for every penny that can be squeezed out is sad. I know football more than ever is a business, but I can't get the image of Ayre and cronies sitting round a table and saying"how can we get more money out of these lemmings"

Yeah, they are really creaming it, 80 million losses in the last 2 years. Fact is all of the money being generated by the club (and then some) is going to players, agents and other clubs for transfer fees.

The only way ticket prices will come down is by agreement with all of the clubs in the league or by the premier league imposing rules on the clubs. No one club can take action unilaterally as they will then have less to spend on the team relative to others.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #24 on: March 8, 2013, 07:22:55 pm »
Fortunately for us 14 year olds, I should be just fine.

Thank god for postal applications.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #25 on: March 8, 2013, 07:24:36 pm »
They can kiss my fucking hoop. It'll be nice for people sitting in the cheaper seats in the Upper Centenary who'll be able to brag to the bloke sitting 2 feet away on the other side of the aisle that their ST was 35 quid cheaper for essentially the same view.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #26 on: March 8, 2013, 07:25:18 pm »
So my seat in the 300's as a member will remain the same price next year as it was this year??! Even though in the cup when they do the staggered price system the 300's are the cheapest....what a joke! The back of the KOP should not be the 2nd most expensive seat in the ground!  :butt
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline beebster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27 on: March 8, 2013, 07:27:00 pm »
No-one seems bothered that away fans get a reduction. Why? One of the most popular grounds in Europe that all fans want to visit. Plus, for years, we've always been cheaper than other grounds when we've paid through the nose on away days.
"Saaaaayyy, that's a lovely accent you have there, New Jersey?"

Offline Paul_Nudge

• Main Stander
« Reply #28 on: March 8, 2013, 07:27:27 pm »
I'm amazed that they're saying that the Lower Kemlyn has the best seats. They may have the best view, but the way the rows of seats has been designed is woeful. Anyone over 5ft 9" has their knees in the back of the person in front, its is so unbelievably cramped its untrue.
Moses said come forth, but we came first!

Offline TitanTrigger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 8, 2013, 07:29:03 pm »
So my seat in the 300's as a member will remain the same price next year as it was this year??! Even though in the cup when they do the staggered price system the 300's are the cheapest....what a joke! The back of the KOP should not be the 2nd most expensive seat in the ground!  :butt

Second cheapest isn't it?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #30 on: March 8, 2013, 07:37:53 pm »

300's are second cheapest at £725(£45 Cat A games), only very edges of the Kop are cheaper at £715 (£44 Cat A games).

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 8, 2013, 07:38:37 pm »
Oh yeah...sorry I misread it!  :butt  8)

I still think that £48 for the back of the KOP for a cat A game is ridiculous
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 8, 2013, 07:38:45 pm »

It isn't.  It's the 5th most expensive (or 2nd cheapest).  Still stupidly expensive though.  They are doing 6 tier pricing and the Kop will be tier 5 and 6 throughout.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #33 on: March 8, 2013, 07:40:04 pm »

£45...

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 8, 2013, 07:40:06 pm »

lol

It is crazy expensive.  I've tended to rotate round the ground in recent years, but I can't be paying some of the prices for those higher tiers next season.

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #35 on: March 8, 2013, 07:41:50 pm »
Not as bad as expected if I'm honest...no mention of the online discounts for ST's yet either.
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 8, 2013, 07:45:28 pm »
£45...

Fuckin hell Craig im having a nightmare. I must be colourblind or something!  ;D

Anyway, £48/45, same difference. Still way too expensive. Obviously our protests mean nothing

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37 on: March 8, 2013, 07:48:29 pm »
Fuckin hell Craig im having a nightmare. I must be colourblind or something!  ;D

Anyway, £48/45, same difference. Still way too expensive. Obviously our protests mean nothing

I'd reply with something witty but I'm not sure you'd be able to read it  :P

Agreed, prices are too much, but they could of been worse. And although that doesn't make it right, one club on its own cant make a difference. It needs FA/Govt action on the matter and I feel it would have to include allowing safe standing so the numbers in stadiums can increase.

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 8, 2013, 07:51:53 pm »

I suppose but the prices are a function of demand. I mean if anyone gave up their season ticket next year, they would never have another one in their lifetime most likely.

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #39 on: March 8, 2013, 07:56:03 pm »
Following a major investment in the family areas at Anfield this season, Liverpool also announced it will reduce junior season tickets for kids aged 16 and under by nearly 30 per cent.

I like this.  We waited 16 year for our STs.  How the fook do you manage to get an under 16 ST when there's a 16 year list? 

;D
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.