Author Topic: NBA Season 2014/15  (Read 57131 times)

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Season 2014/15
« Reply #600 on: April 28, 2015, 01:11:33 am »
Agreed. The NBA should have thrown the book at him, particularly considering his past of trying to turn Dragic into a paraplegic and attempting an MMA elbow on Sefolosha
And the elbow to Terry a couple years back. I'm not one for conspiracy theories especially in the NBA, but I can't help but think the league didn't want to send the Cavs into their next round with Chicago without Love and JR, which would have made their lives very difficult to say the least.

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #601 on: April 28, 2015, 01:22:35 am »
TWO GAMES  :no :no :no

Edit:  BTW I'm a cavs fan so it obviously should be less.  Jae Crowder shouldn't act like a tough guy if he can't play the part. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 01:24:43 am by Redinho »

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #602 on: April 28, 2015, 01:57:27 am »
Kelly Olynyk has one of the most punchable faces in sports. I would not be against a lifetime ban.  ;D

With Love out, the Bulls(assuming)/Cavs series will be a good one.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 02:10:44 am by Romeo Sensini »

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: April 28, 2015, 02:47:47 am »
Kelly Olynyk has one of the most punchable faces in sports. I would not be against a lifetime ban.  ;D

With Love out, the Bulls(assuming)/Cavs series will be a good one.

Bet $20 on the Bulls for ECCs with a friend back in September. It's excellent news.  ;D

All I need is my preseason pick of the Clippers to somehow win the West... :-X

Big win for Brooklyn tonight. Obviously ATL should win but they're 9-10 in their last 19? Could be an upset...
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: April 28, 2015, 03:13:25 am »
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
More clarity comes Tuesday when Raps GM Masai Ujiri has season-ending presser but initial indications are Dwane Casey to return next season

:lmao :lmao :lmao :wellin

In tears here.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: April 28, 2015, 09:13:12 am »
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
More clarity comes Tuesday when Raps GM Masai Ujiri has season-ending presser but initial indications are Dwane Casey to return next season

:lmao :lmao :lmao :wellin

In tears here.
I wouldn't think it would be too bad a move to keep him. If Ujiri takes this as his chance to rebuild into what he'd truly like then whats the point of paying out 2 years of Casey and then paying a new coach.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #606 on: April 28, 2015, 10:53:32 am »
Love is a c*nt so no tears shed.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: April 28, 2015, 12:22:24 pm »
Love is a c*nt so no tears shed.
It's alright mate, we've all been hurt, you'll love again.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: April 28, 2015, 01:07:58 pm »
I wouldn't think it would be too bad a move to keep him. If Ujiri takes this as his chance to rebuild into what he'd truly like then whats the point of paying out 2 years of Casey and then paying a new coach.

You can't develop with Casey. For example, JV gets more development with Lithuania than he does with the Raptors; he's an offensive piece but largely ignored. I don't want to see Bruno & Bebe ruined by Casey's terrible coaching. The guy encourages ISO and chucking, plus his defensive "scramble" system is broken with our players, yet he won't adapt. In short, he encourages bad habits and senior "core" players to have too much power. The only way to would make any sense to keep him is if we're going the Sixers route and just don't want to win games next season. We're in no man's land with Casey and thus roster, just where Masai said we wouldn't be!

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: April 28, 2015, 01:34:21 pm »
You can't develop with Casey. For example, JV gets more development with Lithuania than he does with the Raptors; he's an offensive piece but largely ignored. I don't want to see Bruno & Bebe ruined by Casey's terrible coaching. The guy encourages ISO and chucking, plus his defensive "scramble" system is broken with our players, yet he won't adapt. In short, he encourages bad habits and senior "core" players to have too much power. The only way to would make any sense to keep him is if we're going the Sixers route and just don't want to win games next season. We're in no man's land with Casey and thus roster, just where Masai said we wouldn't be!
Good points, though in my mind I think Masai would go down the Sixers route (though do it properly and actually draft guys you want to keep and play). Like you say, if the goal next year is to win no games then keeping him makes sense. Keep Casey, give him rubbish, get the young building block you want and then get in a coach you want. I don't think one more year of Casey is going to ruin a kid like Caboclo or Jonas, as long as they're getting minutes. Plus you can end up ruining coaches by asking them to coach through a rebuild. Look at the Brett Brown, Spurs disciple, International experience, no idea what he could have been as he has been given nothing but injured bigs and lottery picks from crap drafts.

Offline RedInside

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: April 28, 2015, 03:02:23 pm »
No Love, no JR.. Time to see play off lebron in next gear. Looking forward to a heated Bulls Cavs series. If the bulls make it obviously

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #611 on: April 28, 2015, 03:46:15 pm »
TWO GAMES  :no :no :no

Edit:  BTW I'm a cavs fan so it obviously should be less.  Jae Crowder shouldn't act like a tough guy if he can't play the part.

Do you honestly think it should be less? He punched Crowder in the face and has a history of throwing cheap shots. I'm surprised it wasn't more. If he had done that in the regular season, I bet he would have gotten at least five games
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 03:49:29 pm by Lynndenberries »
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #612 on: April 28, 2015, 03:58:02 pm »

Hahaha Bebe is fucking terrible and will never be a player in the NBA. Cant jump over 6 inches. Cant believe we let Whiteside go.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: April 28, 2015, 06:13:47 pm »
Hahaha Bebe is fucking terrible and will never be a player in the NBA. Cant jump over 6 inches. Cant believe we let Whiteside go.

Heard Bebe played well for the Mad Ants?  :-X Probably not a future NBA center. As for Whiteside, even the mentoring structure at the Heat struggle with him. He's apparently a very odd dude.

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: April 29, 2015, 01:20:50 am »
Do you honestly think it should be less? He punched Crowder in the face and has a history of throwing cheap shots. I'm surprised it wasn't more. If he had done that in the regular season, I bet he would have gotten at least five games

Nah it's a fair ban I was actually surprised that he didn't get more.  I think Crowder was knocked out for a sec the way he collapsed like he did.

But, now we have no Kevin and no JR  :'( .

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: April 29, 2015, 04:06:11 am »
Pop needs to go put his arm around Green. He's questioning his shots big time. Can't win if he's not playing normally, whether he's hitting or not.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: April 29, 2015, 04:13:30 am »
Simmons was so right about Blake and the Spurs. Most teams just beat the shit out of him and it gets to him. Spurs are too fair and he's loving it.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: April 29, 2015, 04:19:36 am »
Spurs dead lucky to be only down 5 after the first. Playing in front of the Spurs bench 2nd quarter might help the offense a little.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: April 29, 2015, 05:43:24 am »
With the game so close they need to give up the Hack-a-shaq. It's been said by the most obvious but it gives the Clips a rest. They get killed when their starters aren't in. Chasing the game, yeah, even or ahead, nah.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: April 29, 2015, 05:44:04 am »
And now 4 on Patty! He's been so important, why are you getting his fouls up!

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: April 29, 2015, 05:45:57 am »
Spurs going to need to flog the starters in the last quarter. 4 on Patty, Baynes, Bonner, and Diaw already.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: April 29, 2015, 06:22:33 am »
Bout time from Diaw.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: April 29, 2015, 06:41:57 am »
Crazy ending in LA. Good call from the refs.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: April 29, 2015, 06:42:32 am »
Crazy ending in LA. Good call from the refs.
Yep. Jordan may have cost the game there.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: April 29, 2015, 06:46:45 am »
Well thats the game isn't it. Spurs will take this and most definitely the series.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: April 29, 2015, 06:48:00 am »
Well thats the game isn't it. Spurs will take this and most definitely the series.
Certainly seems to be heading that way. Never doubt the Spurs in the playoffs.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #626 on: April 29, 2015, 01:06:17 pm »
Does DeAndre Jordan not practice free throws? :D

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: April 30, 2015, 06:05:09 am »
Portland eliminated.

Kevin Love is out for 4-6 months.

Thunder look to be hiring Billy Donovan as their head coach. No clue what to make of that move.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: April 30, 2015, 07:20:28 am »
Portland eliminated.

Kevin Love is out for 4-6 months.

Thunder look to be hiring Billy Donovan as their head coach. No clue what to make of that move.
Portland are in strife. Think Aldridge is Spurs-bound and Lillard's defense...

I don't know how impressed Love's teammates are going to be that he's totally shut himself down without even waiting to see how the next rounds pan out. I've got no idea on the injury so if the shoulder was just totally unplayable then fair enough.

Billy Donovan is an average move to say the least, unless they're planning on shelling out big on top assistants. Better off sticking with Brooks. As the awesome Amin Elhassan has said:

Amin Elhassan @AminESPN  ·  15h 15 hours ago

Billy Donovan is what happens when you're always trying to prove you're "different". #HipsterDecisionMaking

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #629 on: April 30, 2015, 08:03:56 am »
Some are thinking GSW are huge favourites over Memphis. I'm not so sure about that.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: April 30, 2015, 08:32:15 am »
Some are thinking GSW are huge favourites over Memphis. I'm not so sure about that.
They're big favourites over just about anyone, they've been that good. Memphis will grind and it will be a bit of a contrast in styles but I think GSW will have too many things to throw at Memphis. Draymond can pull Z-bo away from the hoop, Bogut's passing can pull Gasol away a bit. Jeff Green has lost his shot, Conley's face is fucked and if it's Calathes and Udrih chasing Curry and/or Thompson around screens then I can see a sweep or gentleman's sweep. This GSW team is a jump-shooting team but they can be as tough and scrappy and dirty as any team with Bogut and Green. There is going to be some scraps in this series but I'd be really shocked if it even goes to 7 before GSW win.

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: April 30, 2015, 10:53:24 am »
Portland are in strife. Think Aldridge is Spurs-bound and Lillard's defense...

I don't know how impressed Love's teammates are going to be that he's totally shut himself down without even waiting to see how the next rounds pan out. I've got no idea on the injury so if the shoulder was just totally unplayable then fair enough.

Billy Donovan is an average move to say the least, unless they're planning on shelling out big on top assistants. Better off sticking with Brooks. As the awesome Amin Elhassan has said:

Amin Elhassan @AminESPN  ·  15h 15 hours ago

Billy Donovan is what happens when you're always trying to prove you're "different". #HipsterDecisionMaking

No he could not have continued to play.  Actually when it happens it is also very painful.  The injury commonly takes 12 to 16 weeks to heal, especially if  tissues have been torn and hence surgery is required.   Not resting the arm / shoulder and let it heal properly risks dislocation again in future.     

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/dislocated-shoulder/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Offline Legendary_Nines

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't worry, be happy!
« Reply #632 on: May 1, 2015, 01:27:15 am »
So Donovan hey...not sure what to make of it. Was hoping for someone with NBA experience but wasn't mad keen on Thibodeau, I guess we'll just wait for the season to find out.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #633 on: May 1, 2015, 01:30:51 am »
Bulls are mauling the Bucks  ::)

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: May 1, 2015, 05:20:24 am »
Oh my goodness, Belinelli!  :o

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: May 1, 2015, 05:33:55 am »
Crazy ending, Clippers were lucky that Diaw touched that ball on the rim first.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: May 1, 2015, 05:34:20 am »
Pop needs a word with himself.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: May 1, 2015, 05:48:26 am »
that travel at the end was lucky too. crawford took about 7 steps ;D

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: May 3, 2015, 04:10:29 am »
Amazing game 7 tonight between the Spurs and the Clips. Back and forth all game. Chris Paul pulled his hammy and put on a Willis Reed type performance, hitting the game winner.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #639 on: May 3, 2015, 10:15:32 am »
It's alright mate, we've all been hurt, you'll love again.

He's a c*nt. He accused Olynik of a cheap shot when clearly it wasn't and wait... he's been one in the past (see Scola incident).
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.