Author Topic: So... what happens if Torres stays?  (Read 251328 times)

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: So... what happens if Torres stays?
« Reply #1880 on: January 29, 2011, 04:04:23 pm »
Sick to fuck of someone posting Twatter comments, then quantifying them by saying 'if this fella is credible'....

Unless it's from the likes of Barrett, some random c*nt on Twatter is no more credible than me now, saying 'hey everyone, I've just found out Nando has gone. Told me himself'
 :butt

This can't be emphasised enough.

At least some of them are semi-believable - this bloke that everyone is hanging out of (RIP KEYSEY) has made up three completely conflicting rumours in the space of 20 minutes.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #1881 on: January 29, 2011, 04:04:43 pm »
fuck knows mate. it is on twitter like but this guy is gettin backed by Brian Durand
well if you read his timeline in the space of 15 minutes he said each thing so he won't be wromg

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #1882 on: January 29, 2011, 04:04:51 pm »
Don't get your hopes up that he'll decide to stay. It'll only end up hurting all over again if he's been sold.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Firebird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1883 on: January 29, 2011, 04:04:51 pm »
Twitter is a curse on mankind.
Justice

Offline VamosLiverpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1884 on: January 29, 2011, 04:05:24 pm »
I know some people don't like their info but any goss, I'll wait from Tommo and Djphal.

If Torres does want to stay, it will be a massive relief. He's going to have to score a lot goals to win back some fans hearts, if at all.

Offline PJLFC1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1885 on: January 29, 2011, 04:05:53 pm »
Stabbing any manager in the back is one thing. Stabbing one of the greatest servants the club has ever had as player AND manager in the back is another thing altogether.

Fernando, if you stay you've got some SERIOUS grovelling to do.

Totally agree , the excuses being banded around as to why Poor Torres has been so hard done to is Embarrassing , from the New Owners being to Slow to Purslow and H&G . We all know about H&G and Purslow and our Feelings were clearly shown and Torres isnt Deaf and Blind and we got Rid of them well apart from Purslow , so then we are taken over and have a Manager that plays Hoofball and wasnt an appointment by our new owners and has since been sent packing .

Then came the appointment that brought the Club together again in KK , also we have just shown clear intent on Breaking our Transefer Record in a Janury Window which is the worst window as we all know . The Club has started to move forward on all fronts and just when us Fans feel like all the pieces are Falling in to place BOOM , an Act of someone who Surposedly Loves the Club and the Fans hands in a Transfer Request to go to Chelsea , but dont ever call him as its not his Fault its anyones but his ! Bull Sh*t
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

Offline Duzzer

• Anny Roader
  • Arise Sir Fat Scouser
« Reply #1886 on: January 29, 2011, 04:06:01 pm »
My gues is either hes gone or staying. One of the two i reckon.

Putting your neck on the block thee Walshy's Mullet
Like my Son I was a red before I was born

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #1887 on: January 29, 2011, 04:06:08 pm »
I agree.

I think our great past.  Shankly...  The King.  All those years.     

They have turned into a millstone around our neck - and we are sinking.

It might be time to ditch that millstone and start swimming towards the shore.

The past is great and I will always treasure it, but it's the present and future that matters

All  this "greatest fans in the world"  "most informed fans"

It might have be true once.

It certainly isn't now.

Trotting ought those old lines is to me just getting more pathetic by the day.

Frakk it.  People look at me silly for singing YNWA with passion before the game at Main Stand.

The past is the past.

Let's rebuild.  The team, and the fans alike. 

We need it.
need a bevvie?...go and get one ...stay in the boozer....we dont need youre type at anfield!
Its youre loser type mentality that has contributed to were we are now.
Go and represent the moaners and whingers down at youre local and tell yer mates about how great you are as a supporter and and without you and torres how we will end up in the  conference.
in fact get the vallium out too.
the positives are ,we are on the up and for those who cant see it...terrar !
we have a player of massive value on and off the pitch and if he moves on,we have good cash to splash provided we handle it right.the contract allows for this so we should be dictating negotiations to our advantage.
the lad can be great but can be poor too,and if his head isnt right ,we are better off without him and a wad to spend on the players who can add to our growing moral.yer either in or yer out?....the reds are coming back up that hill and like owen,it will be his loss if we can get the terraces to do their job right.The rest is up to kenny,and although i dont have that much confidence in some of our fans ,there are a lot more of our fans that i do have faith in and those 'are' the twelth man.!!
in or out ,thats the choice.
the bully has punched us on the nose again,we can curl up and cry,or we can come out fighting and well,you know the rest....i know what most of us are going to do,and if youre not up for it,stay in the boozer and moan about the price of a pint!

edit...reading yer post(after hardly any sleep) ,i think i might of read you wrong so apoligies if i have ,but im leaving this for anyone who is thinking of chucking in the towel because a good ,very good player when hes bothered ,is wanting to leave us .
we dont and have never done that ,and wont fucking do that !

if you go in that ground from now till the end of the season, you make some fucking noise.make sure any player whose has pissed all over us in the past regrets doing it!
make sure that the lads who are with us ,feel that we are with them.
no nitpicking about the odd pass going astray and all that destructive shite....we do what we do best ,and get behind them...to war we go....
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 04:13:10 pm by horne »
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #1888 on: January 29, 2011, 04:06:14 pm »
Fuck Twitter...

Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #1889 on: January 29, 2011, 04:06:16 pm »
Yes please...only been on the waiting list for the past 16 years.

If you're local and credible I'll keep you in mind
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1890 on: January 29, 2011, 04:06:24 pm »
Sort it out will you, for fuck sake
Forgive us for caring...
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline Captain Wolf Biscuit

• There's a really funny story behind this actually. I'm captain of my local team and at one xmas party I wolfed down a soggy biscuit and behold! My username was born!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long Live The King
« Reply #1891 on: January 29, 2011, 04:06:32 pm »
Don't get your hopes up that he'll decide to stay. It'll only end up hurting all over again if he's been sold.

Very true. Best not to pay attention to anything until we hear something official.
"Liverpool is my home and I will be back" - Rafa Benitez

An Internet Terrorist and proud of it.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1892 on: January 29, 2011, 04:07:20 pm »

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #1893 on: January 29, 2011, 04:07:33 pm »
If it was that simple..
I'll tell you how simple it is.

Any player arriving has a relationship with; the club/management, the fans, the players,  and the manager

Torres was beguiled by the image of the club, it's fans and the manager (Rafa). He grew to have a great relationship with the players, Gerrard in particular.
Then the club screwed him, it's board broke promises (investment etc).
The medical staff lied to Rafa and so he was played while injured, almost missing the world cup.
Finally, he's apparently fallen out with Gerrard.   
All that was left is the relationship with the fans, which is now clearly tarnished.

Torres is 26, isolated, without a trophy and unsure whether the club, Gerrard will improve their relationship with him. Given that situation it's hardly a surprise Torres wants to leave.

So why now, why Chelsea?  - could be as simple as - he felt obligated to stay until we bought   a striker, and Chelsea are the only club to make an offer that can get him out of the club. Chelsea have been very clever here, had they done this sooner Man City would have counter offered. Now they have a straight run on Torres.

Despite the above I'm not too worried, I think we can keep him till the summer. Where if he doesn't sign a new contract we'd have to sell anyway. The difference is come the summer, he could have formed a great partnership with Suarez,  made up with Gerrard and we could have made offers on a lot of a good players. All of which will persuade Torres to stay. Failing that,  we could have more offers than just Chelsea's so starting a bidding war.

Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline macca1551

• Boys Pen
  • xabiiii alonsooo!
« Reply #1894 on: January 29, 2011, 04:07:45 pm »
this is the most frustrating day of my life, just want to go to sleep until monday and wake up and see what happened, the waiting is the killer!!!

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #1895 on: January 29, 2011, 04:07:47 pm »
At least some of them are semi-believable - this bloke that everyone is hanging out of (RIP KEYSEY) has made up three completely conflicting rumours in the space of 20 minutes.

And then someone goes 'if he's credible mind' and continues to run with them as if we should even be listening to them in the FIRST place! It's mental.

Offline ScreamWorker

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1896 on: January 29, 2011, 04:08:11 pm »
The same guy who says LFC and CFC announcements at

Also says :

For the moment: Torres decided to stay in #LFC (until summer at least) now plans to sell LFC and believes it is a good offer. So far, that's all.

Offline rickythered

• facedranter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We won it 5 Times
« Reply #1897 on: January 29, 2011, 04:08:18 pm »
Hope Terry shags his missus, glory hunting judas pretty boy!
“The Liverpool jersey has become heavy to wear and I want to change that.” Brendan Rodger's

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #1898 on: January 29, 2011, 04:08:28 pm »
The only way Torres can repair the PR damage that's been done with the Liverpool faithful is to release a teary statement saying "for a moment, I considered leaving, but I stayed up all night crying and eventually I realised what this club meant to me, and my heart was truly for LFC"

Or words to that effect.
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1899 on: January 29, 2011, 04:08:42 pm »
fuck this im goin out...
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1900 on: January 29, 2011, 04:08:51 pm »
My gues is either hes gone or staying. One of the two i reckon.

And thats a guess ! Pure genius my friend

Offline kseniya

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1901 on: January 29, 2011, 04:08:56 pm »
Saw this posted on the official site:

Originally Posted by -PRAETORIAN- View Post
I have just listened to a telephone interview with Guillem Balague. I am sure the transcript will be available tomorrow: The gist of the interview is this. Torres wanted to leave last summer. He was told by Martin Broughton and Christian Purslow he could not do this because they needed to sell the club. Torres then thought about it and said okay. When FSG came in he was told that they would ensure major investment was placed in the team. Torres apparently said that the club need 5 TOP CLASS players. Because no movement was made at the beginning of the transfer window and the fact that he does not agree with the new strategy of buying young players and nurturing them, he felt it was time to move on. He also does not want to be part of a team that is not challenging for any of the English competitions and the champions league.

Doesn't sound good really if it's true. GB basically broke this story yesterday so I guess he would know more than most people.

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #1902 on: January 29, 2011, 04:09:19 pm »

Also says :

For the moment: Torres decided to stay in #LFC (until summer at least) now plans to sell LFC and believes it is a good offer. So far, that's all.

Torres is going to sell LFC?

Fernando, NO

You don't have that power!
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1903 on: January 29, 2011, 04:09:30 pm »
The more I think about it, the more I want to cry. Please stay Nando :'(

What age are you? 10?

Man the fuck up you tart

If he wants out then let him go. Sure we'll miss him, but Fernando Torres isn't the be all and end all of Liverpool Football Club. There are exciting times ahead. We have new owners who are committed to restoring us to past glories. If Torres doesn't want to be a part of this then quiet frankly, fuck him. Ta ra and thanks for the memories. Which would you rather do? Look forward to the times ahead? Or act like a quim over the fact that 1 player wants out? I know which one I'm picking
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1904 on: January 29, 2011, 04:10:00 pm »
We should just resign ourselves to him being gone.If we allow those twatterings to give us hope hes gonna stay,its gonna sting even more when it turns out he doesnt

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #1905 on: January 29, 2011, 04:10:20 pm »
The only way Torres can repair the PR damage that's been done with the Liverpool faithful is to release a teary statement saying "for a moment, I considered leaving, but I stayed up all night crying and eventually I realised what this club meant to me, and my heart was truly for LFC"

Or words to that effect.

Ah, the Gerrard method.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1906 on: January 29, 2011, 04:10:29 pm »
fuck knows mate. it is on twitter like but this guy is gettin backed by Brian Durand

who's Brian Durand

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #1907 on: January 29, 2011, 04:10:41 pm »
What age are you? 10?

Man the fuck up you tart

Do what I want, thanks for caring though babe x
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1908 on: January 29, 2011, 04:10:56 pm »
seriously having heart pains with all these  fucking rumours

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #1909 on: January 29, 2011, 04:11:02 pm »

Fernando, NO

that guy on twitter knows shit. some random prick milking he's 5 mins of fame to get a hard one from all the attention. if anyone knew something about a statement it would come from guardians and telegraphs xD
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #1910 on: January 29, 2011, 04:11:24 pm »

Also says :

Who gives a shit what he says? And that sentence above means precisely fuck all.

Offline Stevie_ulster

• Main Stander
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #1911 on: January 29, 2011, 04:11:28 pm »
What age are you? 10?

Man the fuck up you tart

If he wants out then let him go. Sure we'll miss him, but Fernando Torres isn't the be all and end all of Liverpool Football Club. There are exciting times ahead. We have new owners who are committed to restoring us to past glories. If Torres doesn't want to be a part of this then quiet frankly, fuck him. Ta ra and thanks for the memories. Which would you rather do? Look forward to the times ahead? Or act like a quim over the fact that 1 player wants out? I know which one I'm picking

well said
Justice for the 96!

Offline PortableRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #1912 on: January 29, 2011, 04:11:36 pm »

Fernando, NO

;D ;D ;D

Offline peterb17

• Click on Bookmarks. Click on Bookmark this page. Arl arses now has an electronic tag.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1913 on: January 29, 2011, 04:12:10 pm »
Thought the Chelsea were coming back with an improved offer? Has Roman really got the cash or doesn't he think Torres is worth £50m. Doesn't bode well for FT if Roman wont spend to get him there as what chance he will spend £200m to rebuild a title and CL winning team?

Bad mistake Fernando you very stupid boy

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #1914 on: January 29, 2011, 04:12:11 pm »
Saw this posted on the official site:

Originally Posted by -PRAETORIAN- View Post
I have just listened to a telephone interview with Guillem Balague. I am sure the transcript will be available tomorrow: The gist of the interview is this. Torres wanted to leave last summer. He was told by Martin Broughton and Christian Purslow he could not do this because they needed to sell the club. Torres then thought about it and said okay. When FSG came in he was told that they would ensure major investment was placed in the team. Torres apparently said that the club need 5 TOP CLASS players. Because no movement was made at the beginning of the transfer window and the fact that he does not agree with the new strategy of buying young players and nurturing them, he felt it was time to move on. He also does not want to be part of a team that is not challenging for any of the English competitions and the champions league.

Doesn't sound good really if it's true. GB basically broke this story yesterday so I guess he would know more than most people.

it's certainly plausable. he's getting on in football terms, still without a club medal to his name. the slow, steady progress that FSG advocate is all very well, but great players will want to be competing for honours as soon as possible (as i suspect most of us would).

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1915 on: January 29, 2011, 04:12:21 pm »
I'm telling myself he's off. It might not hurt as much when it's announced.
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Offline kiddie

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1916 on: January 29, 2011, 04:12:38 pm »
It is just me or is LFC going to die if Torres goes, man the fcuk up people, he's just a player(ok some player).
wife, kids, life, football.  Not always in that order!!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1917 on: January 29, 2011, 04:12:56 pm »
If you're local and credible I'll keep you in mind
I haven't followed this from the beginning, but is there someone seriously thinking of letting go of his ST because a player is leaving? Really? You need your head sorted if that's the case. The ST will outlast every player at Anfield.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline degsy45

• Main Stander
« Reply #1918 on: January 29, 2011, 04:13:06 pm »
Tara Nando !  enjoy the delights of stamford bridge

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1919 on: January 29, 2011, 04:13:26 pm »

Or words to that effect.

Otherwise known as 'doing a gerrard'
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.