Author Topic: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....  (Read 43213 times)

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
Re: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....
« Reply #760 on: December 31, 2011, 10:15:14 am »
To be honest I can't see why anyone would have anything positive to say about Carroll's performance. Shocking movement, misplaced passes, can't run with the ball, no vision at all and consistently messes up simple chances.

Sure he might score a few with Gerrard now supplying pinpoint crosses directly onto his head six yards out, but in a passing team like Dalglish has built I'm at a loss to see how he will ever fit in. The ability just isn't there.

Other than Carroll, the team is functioning well. I can't think of many matches we have played poorly in this season.

You see the problem with people like you is that your mind is made up about him already, probably down to his price tag. Even if Andy had scored you would be slating his performance which i thought was a good one. He was hungry and chased balls down, put players under pressure, got into to good positioning and with Gerrard type balls and general play from the off i think he would have converted as he was very unlucky not to.

If you could just get past yours mates "what a waste of money" bashing, put on your Liverpool F.C cap and get behind the young lad a bit, you might find that you enjoy wins like last nights a lot more.
-YNWA-

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: December 31, 2011, 10:17:18 am »
On the occasions he came deep, he linked up the play well and kept us moving forward. Granted he didn't look at the races in and around the box, aside from the header from Gerrard's early cross.

Kind of agree but when he's playing as a lone striker, I'd prefer not to see him coming back so much - I'd like to see him on the last man and attacking all of the balls into the box.

If he does that then he has all the tools to be very successful with us.

Not just with Andy, but a few times this season there have been balls across the six yard box with no-one attacking them.  That is pretty criminal for anyone playing as a lone striker in my book.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: December 31, 2011, 10:17:48 am »
Could you explain what you mean by 'that is not the way to play him as Gerard showed us all last night' and how that fits in with your comment that 'The problem was not a lack of service as many suggested' - because for me Gerrard did show exactly how to 'play him' (get the best out of him) and that was clearly good service, whether to head or foot - something he had not enjoyed before Stevie came on (and pretty much for most of the minutes he's played for us this season imo).

Gerrard knows how to get the best out of him, no surprise there. But without Stevie spoon-feeding him he's been exposed as being really really poor as a footballer. Perhaps it's just that he is a complete confidence void at the moment but there seems to be so much missing from his game. Very very disappointing.

Offline CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #763 on: December 31, 2011, 10:21:05 am »
Kind of agree but when he's playing as a lone striker, I'd prefer not to see him coming back so much - I'd like to see him on the last man and attacking all of the balls into the box.

If he does that then he has all the tools to be very successful with us.

Not just with Andy, but a few times this season there have been balls across the six yard box with no-one attacking them.  That is pretty criminal for anyone playing as a lone striker in my book.

Yep, was very noticeable during the game, even when he was in the box he was still only ever lurking on the edge rather than driving into the positions that a confident forward would look for. 

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: December 31, 2011, 10:30:24 am »
What's funny is I don't think we played as well as we did against Blackburn but I don't see many dolts questioning anything about Kenny this morning.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: December 31, 2011, 10:31:22 am »
You see the problem with people like you is that your mind is made up about him already, probably down to his price tag. Even if Andy had scored you would be slating his performance which i thought was a good one. He was hungry and chased balls down, put players under pressure, got into to good positioning and with Gerrard type balls and general play from the off i think he would have converted as he was very unlucky not to.

If you could just get past yours mates "what a waste of money" bashing, put on your Liverpool F.C cap and get behind the young lad a bit, you might find that you enjoy wins like last nights a lot more.

My mind is made up based on available evidence. If you want to peddle this lazy assumption that opinions on Carroll's performance are directly related to his price then I can't stop you unfortunately, but you are wrong.

Even if he would have converted one of his chances last night, you are right that it wouldn't have made much of a difference to my view on his performance. In the same way Frank Lampard plays poorly for 90 minutes but pops up with a goal, I'm far more interested on the influence someone has on the team. Carroll's influence sadly is not exactly positive. I would love for this to change but after a year of watching him I think it's reasonable to assume it might be possible that he just won't cut it in our team.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 10:33:31 am by JovaJova »
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline kiddie

• Kemlynite
« Reply #766 on: December 31, 2011, 10:31:23 am »
People are moaning on here about carroll coming too deep to get the ball, but he had too to try and get involved, the service he got until stevie was on was piss poor.  You could see he was giving it his all and wanted to be involved.  Too often last night our play when up the top half the pitch was too slow and why did we always cut back inside instead of just pinging the ball into the mkiddle every noe and again. 

I was well happy when we signed adam, but his sep piece play has prob been one of the let downs of the season so far for me. 

Enough moaning though, I really think with stevie back in the team we will see a different andy, we seen it last night.  Just wish there was a way to get andy, luis and stevie in the same team, just cant see how it would work.
wife, kids, life, football.  Not always in that order!!

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: December 31, 2011, 10:31:30 am »
Yep, was very noticeable during the game, even when he was in the box he was still only ever lurking on the edge rather than driving into the positions that a confident forward would look for. 

I should have also said that I can understand it a bit, when a lot of the balls which are played in are slower, more lofted ones.

Back to the game - I've seen a few posts saying Henderson was anonymous or the game passed him by during the first half.  I don't think this is the case at all.  I think he was just going about his job quietly, doing the simple things well and not necessarily catching the eye.  Not saying there are any real similarities but I used to think Lucas did this too.

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: December 31, 2011, 10:35:00 am »
People are moaning on here about carroll coming too deep to get the ball, but he had too to try and get involved, the service he got until stevie was on was piss poor......... 

Not necessarily moaning.  Just suggesting a reason why he  hasn't been on the end of as many crosses as he was last season at Newcastle.

........ Too often last night our play when up the top half the pitch was too slow and why did we always cut back inside instead of just pinging the ball into the mkiddle every noe and again. 

Agree with this - not necessarily just last night but quite often this season.  Just posted something not dissimilar in the Downing thread.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #769 on: December 31, 2011, 10:38:38 am »
Watching the game now on LFCTV.

Pretty chuffed with the result, Bellamy is such a good player.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #770 on: December 31, 2011, 10:42:48 am »
My mind is made up based on available evidence. If you want to peddle this lazy assumption that opinions on Carroll's performance are directly related to his price then I can't stop you unfortunately, but you are wrong.

Even if he would have converted one of his chances last night, you are right that it wouldn't have made much of a difference to my view on his performance. In the same way Frank Lampard plays poorly for 90 minutes but pops up with a goal, I'm far more interested on the influence someone has on the team. Carroll's influence sadly is not exactly positive. I would love for this to change but after a year of watching him I think it's reasonable to assume it might be possible that he just won't cut it in our team.

But they are? If he had come on a free then your attention would not be half as focused on him as an individual, it would be the next highest priced player we have just got in that is lacking a bit of confidence. We are obviously not going to agree on his level of performance, however i do think you and everyone else should give him more time under the circumstances that he came into the team and the various elements continuing that i think have affected him during his short time here.

Given a good run of games in a confident team i think he will shine. You use Lampard in your example so i will use Lucas Leiva in mine. Given time and chances to grow he became and outstanding player despite all round hatred from many fans (not refering to anyone in particular).
-YNWA-

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: December 31, 2011, 10:43:19 am »
What's funny is I don't think we played as well as we did against Blackburn but I don't see many dolts questioning anything about Kenny this morning.

We probably didn't create as much but defensively we were ALOT better. I don't recall Reina making a save?

Offline gazza1976

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #772 on: December 31, 2011, 10:46:39 am »
i thought we need a bit more movement was kinda static in parts last night goung forward checking back etc al in tho great result .
JFT96 Y.N.W.A

Offline WarringtonRed

• Anny Roader
  • Suarez is fuckin boss
« Reply #773 on: December 31, 2011, 10:51:38 am »
Some people are very quick to defend Carroll, in the hope that one day they can say "I told you so". If you had Heskey on those crosses he'd probably do the same/just as good - Carroll's first touch on that ball in from Gerrard last night was pathetic. He's been playing football all his life, and at 22, he should be able to at least control the thing.

Yeah he hit the bar, but put Carra on the end of one of Stevie's crosses and he'd hit it too. I'm not judging him on his pricetag, its his performances that let him down.

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: December 31, 2011, 10:51:41 am »
So good to have Srevie back and some of his crosses were awesome, was a bit worried that it might end in another draw last night. Good atmosphere again in 304!
MOTM - Bellamy closely followed by Jay.. we will need the same against Manchester City.
And what a surprise we hit the woodwork again.

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: December 31, 2011, 10:54:33 am »
Once again Jay comes in and shows Adam how to pass the ball. His quick passing is brilliant, really really good. Made the 3rd goal.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: December 31, 2011, 11:02:01 am »
Some people are very quick to defend Carroll, in the hope that one day they can say "I told you so". If you had Heskey on those crosses he'd probably do the same/just as good - Carroll's first touch on that ball in from Gerrard last night was pathetic. He's been playing football all his life, and at 22, he should be able to at least control the thing.

Yeah he hit the bar, but put Carra on the end of one of Stevie's crosses and he'd hit it too. I'm not judging him on his pricetag, its his performances that let him down.
An audible groan behind the goal when he made that heavy touch. He had a right go at Enrique yesterday too for playing a low ball to the near post instead of a cross on his head to his favoured (and easy to defend) far post position.

Gerrard coming on and whipping in early crosses before defenders can set themselves helped create much better chances for Carroll. Gerrard is going to help him a lot. However if the rumours are right that might not be for much longer.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Robbie_9

• Legacy Fan
  • God is a Red.
« Reply #777 on: December 31, 2011, 11:03:46 am »

In case your forgetting, there is someone at chelsea who also cant control the ball and is apparently worth 50 million. Its all about confidence.
"The most important people at the club are the people that want to be here"
Kenny Dalglish

★  ★  ★  ★  ★

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: December 31, 2011, 11:05:01 am »
An audible groan behind the goal when he made that heavy touch. He had a right go at Enrique yesterday too for playing a low ball to the near post instead of a cross on his head to his favoured (and easy to defend) far post position.

Gerrard coming on and whipping in early crosses before defenders can set themselves helped create much better chances for Carroll. Gerrard is going to help him a lot. However if the rumours are right that might not be for much longer.

You could see Enrique looking up asking for Carroll to make the run to the front post so he could hit it hard to him. Carroll was asleep. Stevie put crosses in as good as Beckham could last night, Carroll doesn't seem to give a fuck.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: December 31, 2011, 11:07:45 am »
Some people are very quick to defend dismiss Carroll, in the hope that one day they can say "I told you so".

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #780 on: December 31, 2011, 11:14:36 am »
To be honest I can't see why anyone would have anything positive to say about Carroll's performance. Shocking movement, misplaced passes, can't run with the ball, no vision at all and consistently messes up simple chances.

Sure he might score a few with Gerrard now supplying pinpoint crosses directly onto his head six yards out, but in a passing team like Dalglish has built I'm at a loss to see how he will ever fit in. The ability just isn't there.

Other than Carroll, the team is functioning well. I can't think of many matches we have played poorly in this season.

You don't what your talking about, do you expect him to have a 100 percent completion rate re passes? Ohh and regarding Carroll having no vision, tell how does an attacking player finish with over a 80 percent pass completion rate -many of which were forward passes and in the middle of the pitch -around their DM's and CB's....... if he can't pass the ball and has no vision?

Last nights match.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:34:24 am by BMW »

Offline ScouserMichael

• Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King!
« Reply #781 on: December 31, 2011, 11:30:20 am »
Delighted with the win yesterday!!!

Welcome back Captain!
http://dontbuythesun.co.uk/site/  -  Justice for the 96!

Proud Member of Spirit of Shankly
http://www.spiritofshankly.com/

Offline bepoq

• a-lu-la!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #782 on: December 31, 2011, 11:33:47 am »
You don't what your talking about, do you expect him to have a 100 percent completion rate re passes?

I wouldn't expect that, but he seems so worried about controlling the ball at the moment that his passing comes really late, is slightly off target and puts the receiver in difficulty, often when he's already missed the easy, quick and effective one. I suspect this is much about confidence, as his heavy touch from Gerrard's cross probably shows. It is pretty wretched at the moment though.

What I find more difficult to take is his lack of urgency to get into the box. Last night at one point he dropped deep, actually did well with the pass and sent Downing (I think it was) haring away on the right in space and with all their defenders turned and panicking. Then he sort of loped toward the penalty area in a manner that suggested his job was done, far too slowly to arrive in time for anything but a cut back well outside the area. It won't do. I imagined how even the current miserably Torres would have been racing to attack the goal or, at worst to arrive late to the penalty spot (goal against Wolves before he went, say). I realise that it is difficult for a bloke his size to sprint, and he has to choose his moments, but it is just not on. Either that was lack of effort or dreadfully poor decision making. I also wonder if we've done him some damage in the training room. I think I heard that we had him bulk up a bit, but he seems plodding and slow and immobile, far more so than at Newcastle, and I wonder if adding extra weight and muscle has slowed him just beyond the point that he can threaten defenders.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:36:24 am by bepoq »

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: December 31, 2011, 11:37:44 am »
I wouldn't expect that, but he seems so worried about controlling the ball at the moment that his passing comes really late, is slightly off target and puts the receiver in difficulty, often when he's already missed the easy, quick and effective one. I suspect this is much about confidence, as his heavy touch from Gerrard's cross probably shows. It is pretty wretched at the moment though.

I agree but it seems certain posters are of the opinion that regardless of weather he is low on confidence or not he's just plain shite and needs shooting.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: December 31, 2011, 11:38:41 am »
I agree but it seems certain posters are of the opinion that regardless of weather he low on confidence he's just plain shite and needs shooting.

where did you get that analysis from? which site is it?? info much appreciated

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: December 31, 2011, 11:42:42 am »
From the replays I would say it looks like he's looking straight at the situation. Still doesn't mean he noticed it, though. Pity, really. Think the ref had a fairly decent game overall... a few niggling details wrong here and there. Just two blatant incidents ruins an otherwise good job... the Cabaye- and the Collocini-incident.

Anyone else get the feeling Kenny would've taken Craig off after that one even if he wasn't bleeding? Him being one yellow away from a ban and already slightly hot under the bonnet :)
I thought the referee was looking straight at it when it happened - perhaps he wanted to see if Cabaye would go down so that he could send Jay off?  Another thought on this one, as the referee gave a drop ball, can the incident be said to have been dealt with? 

Collocini incident, will be shrugged off as the mop-haired one putting his arm out to shield himself from a deranged attack by Bellamy - reckon Craig will see a one match ban for dangerous intent.

Sounds a bit far-fetched, but those c*nts at the FA seem to be fcking us over at every opportunity right now.

Cabaye should be looking at a ban right now, lets see what happens.

Stevie Gerrard, what a player.  Every game he plays shows that we have been blessed to have the guy at Liverpool - true Legend.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: December 31, 2011, 11:48:36 am »
Some people are very quick to defend Carroll, in the hope that one day they can say "I told you so".

That's not the reason at all.

Here's mine:
1. He's too young to write off so soon.
2. He's not had a good run of games
3. He's got the burden of a huge price tag
4. He's trying to adapt to a new team
5. Apart from 30mins tonight he's not had a great supply in the air - his main strength.
6. Kenny Dalglish and Ian Rush think that he is a cert to be a star and both know more about football than I ever will.
7. He's our player
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:53:29 am by thejbs »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #787 on: December 31, 2011, 11:52:38 am »

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: December 31, 2011, 11:53:00 am »
Cabaye should be looking at a ban right now, lets see what happens.

A ban on Cabaye does us no good as it wasn't punished in the game.  Instead it will weaken Newcastle ahead of their next game... against Utd.

I hope he doesn't get banned.  Let Utd get a taste of that;)

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: December 31, 2011, 11:54:54 am »
where did you get that analysis from? which site is it?? info much appreciated

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/create

.... you have to register tho'

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #790 on: December 31, 2011, 12:07:04 pm »
Although I recently watched the youtube Gerrard's assists vid, I had forgot how amazing the guy is in midfield. Really stood head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch last night. Fantastic stuff. Pity Carroll's confidence is a bit low at the moment, he could of had a brace last night. Both supplied by Mr Stevie G.

All in all, I'm absolutely chuffed we won.

Pepe was unlucky with the deflection, was going the right way of the ball trajectory untill it hit Agger. :(

Skrtel and Agger were really really good, and THAT clearance - WOW. Fantastic stuff.

Johnno and Enrique were also superb. (Does Enrique eat bricks for breakfast or sumthin?)

Jay was really steady and reliable.

Henderson went missing alot first half played better when SG came on.

Adam maybe tried too hard and so fukked up a fair bit, no composure etc, and set pieces weren't too good.

Downing played really well, just cant keep the ball down when shooting at the moment.

Bellamy was his usual gritty self, skillful and hardworking. Deserved the goals.

Carroll. Showed a lack of confidence in the beginning, but when Gerrard started supplying him with decent balls and crosses, we now can see why we bought him in the first place, looking promising :)

I don't like bitching about our players, I prefer to look at their good qualities.  Overly critisising a person or player to me shows that you are a glass is half-empty type of person. But..........

Adam was diabolical tonight. I'm really on the fence about his ability to make it here. I do actually like him but his set pieces hav been awful bar Suarez' first goal, his short passing hasn't been brilliant and after watching Stevie again, really showed the gulf in class unfortunately.

Henderson also really dissappointed me in the 1st half. Just did not get stuck in on any 50/50 loose balls and didn't really do much at all. He set up Stevie, but not much else. Probably the worst match he has had for us.

Henderson is young and has time to grow into the shirt so to speak. Adam doesn't have that luxury. Jonjo could be better than Adam at the moment. But I really wish we had Aquilani back, I really do. Someone more precise in passing, more intelligent off and on the ball. I wasn't Rafa's biggest fan, but I have to admit he could pick 1 damn good midfielder. Alonso, Sissoko, Mascherano, Lucas and Aquilani. We need midfield players of this quality to get higher up in the league.

For me Adam and to a lesser degree Henderson aren't quite in the top echelon of players that will give us that extra umph into the CL. Henderson IS very young and inexperienced at this level (LFC level - not Sunderland level), so I don't mind him being used and played, I just wish he'd get stuck in a bit more.

A pity that Charlie boy isn't doin that well atm, as he tries very hard and he did play a blinder vs Chelsea, but his inconsistency is damaging. Maybe with Stevie back Adam will be rotated more and this will give him more impetus to improve his game. If not we need an upgrade. A pity Lucas got injured just as Gerrard was to return. The way Lucas has improved over the past two and a half seasons is immense. Him and SG in midfield would be perfect.

Brilliant post.
I certainly think we played well as a team yesterday, but I agree that in the first half our midfield options of Adam and Hendo were quiet. Adam seems a little inconsistent, and Henderson seems scared to take on responsibility.
Downing, I thought, played reasonably well; however it was shocking to see the difference in crossing ability between him and Gerrard.
We saw what Carroll could do yesterday. Get early crosses in where he can fight one on one an he'll bring us goals, assists and penalties all season. Late crosses require players with better timing and positional sense.
Defence, magnificent again. All I need to say.

Lots of positives. We scored 3, Gerrard is back, Carroll looked good when he had good delivery.

Offline lfc_rhcp

• Anny Roader
« Reply #791 on: December 31, 2011, 12:21:13 pm »
I hope were in for Demba Ba cos he was fantastic yesterday. His movement was superb

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: December 31, 2011, 12:25:37 pm »
Gerrard really is a missing link in the side.  Without Lucas or Suarez the players just click in around Stevie and the difference is amazing.

I know it was a tongue in cheek suggestion but maybe we have been relying too much on Suarez?  Let's see what the transfer window brings us.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: December 31, 2011, 12:26:48 pm »
The pieces of the jigsaw are coming together. Kenny has had some bad luck during the last year, Gerrard injured, Carroll injured last season, Suarez ban approaching. He says we have improved a lot from last year. The table might not show this, but we are creating chances, compared to Hodgson and not having a shot on goal, he has turned us completely around. We now have a decent away record, again something we have struggled with for year's. KD's NY resolutions, be more clinical, add some quality if possible upfront and in midfield. The performances have been consistently decent, not scintillating but good. A few more pieces to the jigsaw and I think we will be able to compete. As Gerrard showed yesterday we need more quality. If we are going to add in January it has be quality or technically gifted potential. Skilful player's that can play in tight spaces and help get past the parked buses of smaller teams.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 01:04:40 pm by Twelfth Man »
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #794 on: December 31, 2011, 12:28:30 pm »
Cabaye jumped in and stamped down on the player in an unnatural way - how the fuck was that not premeditated?.....shocking challenge that should have seen a straight red let alone the second yellow

Exactly how i saw it - if you look at in reply or real time you can see the ball is waaaay gone and cabaye isn't even looking at it, he's looking directly at jay and threw in a legbreaker, those OTT legbreakers are the real nasty fucking challenges that should be cracked down on hard, not genuine challenges that play the ball (or at least are clearly intended to) like jay's at fulham and the wolves guy against arsenal. I've no fucking idea where we stand with tackles today now, perfectly good tackles end up with reds, attrocious challenges let go - this isn't the first OTT potential legbreaker I've seen this season that received no punishment, it's like the FA/refs just don't understand the game.

You ask any ex-player about that challenge last nite and they'd rip it to pieces knowing the cowardice of the tackle and the damage it can do, whereas a straightforward hard challenge they wouldn't blink at but pundits nowadays will add 'but in today's climate' etc cos the art of tackling is being phased out by the FA. I can truly see it becoming a dead art and eventually we'll end up with something akin to basketball where really all they'll be doing is shadowing opponents with the ball, rather than getting stuck in.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: December 31, 2011, 12:32:15 pm »

???

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: December 31, 2011, 12:35:22 pm »
Some really good performances, how good are our full backs? What's happened to Skrtel, he's fucking immense, don't think I've seen him lose a header all season! I was in the pub the other day some mates who support a variety of different teams.. Someone said what would our Premiership XI be and when it came round to me I found myself picking four Liverpool players in the back five -, Reina, Johnson, Agger, and Enrique, only Vidic from another team. Obviously not many agreed but I honestly believe that, or am I just incredibly biased?

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: December 31, 2011, 12:35:38 pm »
When was the last time we came back from one goal behind?

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: December 31, 2011, 12:46:08 pm »
Some really good performances, how good are our full backs? What's happened to Skrtel, he's fucking immense, don't think I've seen him lose a header all season! I was in the pub the other day with a few mates who support a variety of different teams and someone said what would your Premiership XI be and when it came round to me I found myself picking four Liverpool players in the back 5 - Reina, Johnson, Agger, and Enrique, only Vidic from another team. Obviously not many agreed but I stand by it, or am I just incredibly biased?

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #799 on: December 31, 2011, 12:48:20 pm »
Some really good performances, how good are our full backs? What's happened to Skrtel, he's fucking immense, don't think I've seen him lose a header all season! I was in the pub the other day with a few mates who support a variety of different teams and someone said what would your Premiership XI be and when it came round to me I found myself picking four Liverpool players in the back 5 - Reina, Johnson, Agger, and Enrique, only Vidic from another team. Obviously not many agreed but I stand by it, or am I just incredibly biased?

It's the best defence in the league, I don't know why you'd choose any other defender!

When was the last time we came back from one goal behind?

In the league, New Year's Day. Technically, the last time we did was against Stoke in the Carling Cup.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.