Author Topic: Half time: Liverpool 0-2 Wolves  (Read 14612 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Half time: Liverpool 0-2 Wolves
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2017, 01:27:27 pm »
We're not coming back from this...

We've created nothing.  Awful first half...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2017, 01:27:28 pm »
I always assumed we'd have a downturn in form but this is getting ugly. I won't be too worried if we go out, though obviously I'd prefer to still be in the cup, but the lethargy is a bit disturbing.

Still, as some have pointed out, the only way is up.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2017, 01:27:29 pm »
We better pray we beat Chelsea on Tuesday.

Offline Harris96

• Kopite
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2017, 01:27:32 pm »
ejaria is only player that should come out with even an ounce of credit from that half, he;s really impressed me in context of the game

Don't know why randall is still knocking about, moreno is a fraud. Feel sorry for stewart when he can't get a game ahead of a lucas that looks like he's running through cement

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2017, 01:27:33 pm »
I would agree, with the same time watching. It's the repetition of all the worst mistakes, game after game but with different personnel that bemuses me. Don't understand it at all.
Exactly it, we've been shite before but not in this repetitive way that is happening now.

Only we could look so good for 4 months then have a whole month of basically being completely crap.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2017, 01:27:35 pm »
Trying to embrace positivity but really that was one of the most idiotic and completely incompetent performances I've ever seen. We are in complete disorganisation at the back, dreadful on the ball and continually keep switching off at crucial times. There are a lot of younger guys in the team, but the senior ones that are there have to hang their heads in shame. They need to be stepping up and leading the team through the game.

Klavan is an experienced centre back with international experience and over 200 games in top flight football. Why the hell isn't he organise that back row and getting us compact and tight?
Lucas looks all at sea. A number of breakaways where he hasn't been anywhere near the play and its been either Ejaria or Woodburn or one of the defenders that have saved our skin.
Wijnaldum could not have been a more irrelevant player in the game. Another international who should be at his peak, with 200+ top flight games under his belt and he's completely anonymous. Offered absolutely nothing on the ball, ponderous at best, and doesn't take the initiative whatsoever. Not once have I seen him looking to impose himself on the game. Completely outdone by Ejaria who at least looks committed.
Moreno has produced yet another inept display. Guilty of giving the ball away time and again, not providing any width at all, and defensively a little suspect also. Why the hell is he even there if he's not going to get wide and stretch wolves out? Worst player on the pitch by a long way
Origi and Firmino also largely anonymous and devoid of any quality, any leadership or showing any desire to play football let alone win the game

The only positives for me have been Woodburn and Ejaria who have at least tried hard to get into the game and create something. Sadly they're surrounded by a number of indifferent, apathetic players who don't deserve to be wearing the red shirt. I hope Klopp fires a massive rocket up their arses and they come out with more positive and intent in the second half. Absolutely dreadful.

Rant Over.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2017, 01:27:36 pm »
The way they've set up can not be a surprise to anyone. What I can not understand then is that after weeks of this the only idea we have is to knock it around 30 yards from goal give up and roll it out wide for someone to float a cross in to where we have one bloke jumping from a standing position versus about five of theirs.

Three games in a week we're allowing some mediocre lad to run 70 yards and have a shot with nobody putting a tackle in. I can't believe this stuff hasn't been spotted. The opposition have obviously figured out, plenty of people no doing their jobs properly it seems.

The ref is in "magic of the cup mode" too.

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2017, 01:27:39 pm »
Why did Klopp send out the reserves ?

Cos he feel his first 11 is tired.    It's just bollocks when you're paying players millions of pounds over the season.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: January 28, 2017, 01:27:45 pm »
I wouldn't care as much had we won our previous matches but we desperately need a win going into the Chelsea match.

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #209 on: January 28, 2017, 01:27:46 pm »
Someone chuck Steven his boots. A couple of positive changes early on and I can see us getting something out of this.

Terrible first half though.
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2017, 01:28:03 pm »
Time for something drastic.

We could play all day long like we're doing and never score. Klopp should put Sturridge on alongside Origi, send Gomez into a centre forward position, and start whacking long balls up, Route One style. Fight for second ball and hope to pick up something round the box.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2017, 01:28:11 pm »
Klopp needs to be pragmatic, he's not trying anything to change this run of form.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2017, 01:28:12 pm »
Mods will be busy with some of the comments about on here!

We are absolutely devoid of all confidence at the moment. Rebuilding that takes a massive effort from manager, players and fans alike! Need to get Phil on now. Pull the one back early and we can still win this.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2017, 01:28:13 pm »
Klopp may attack the fans if they boo in 2nd half, and rightfully so :P

Offline Juneau

• Anny Roader
« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2017, 01:28:15 pm »
Stop trying to play narrow, no-one is dragging away the opposition players... it is so easy for the other team to just pack the middle and intercept a pass, and then counter with pace by using runners wide, leaving the middle open to split easy passes.

Problem is all of our attackers at the moment want to come in field, not one is staying wide. The only wide players are full backs who are both not good enough to hurt a team offensively and have poor crossing. Teams know this and just let the full backs do what they want, as they can clear the ball without trouble.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2017, 01:28:19 pm »
What the fuck has Winjanldum done? Never seen anyone play it so safe, never played a penetrating pass in his time here.

That "penalty shout" he had was embarrassing, rather than shoot inside the box he checks back on to his left foot, falls over and looks at the ref as if he's expecting a foul to be given.  Sums up his performance, no courage to actually do something meaningful with the ball.

Offline daj79

• Main Stander
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2017, 01:28:20 pm »
Stop this nonsense

They're not good enough to start a first team game in any competition. It's fucking ridiculous that their 'development' is at the expense of the club.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: January 28, 2017, 01:28:22 pm »
And people just having a go at Moreno because that's the done thing. The ball is lost on the other side of the pitch while he's in space to receive the ball because they've been dallying on the ball for ages without doing shit with it.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: January 28, 2017, 01:28:24 pm »
What do you expect? You've paid a fortune to go and enjoy the 'Anfield Experience', you've looked forward to seeing those people with their nice flags sing and shout for you and the team in red, who's scarf you've just bought, doesn't score loads of goals and isn't winning. I'd boo and ask the booking office for my money back and go somewhere else next time..

HA H is right wish they would support somebody else,maybe their home team whoever that may be.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #219 on: January 28, 2017, 01:28:30 pm »

Do you have an opinion on the f/k being taken 10m away from the incident and there being 2 Wolves players offside?

I do but lets not try sugar coat a performance thats just not good enough.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: January 28, 2017, 01:28:37 pm »
UP THE SLOW, PASSIVE, ONE MORE TOUCH, LONG DIAGONAL REDS!!

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2017, 01:28:39 pm »
Terrible. We have 45 minutes to correct it. Need more players to step up and beat their opponent.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #222 on: January 28, 2017, 01:28:44 pm »
We can't be that bad, are we ?
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 28, 2017, 01:28:54 pm »
Goes back to summer lack of signings have cost us. If you thought we'd done enough you were wrong yet again as most years prove.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: January 28, 2017, 01:28:56 pm »
Second half, shooting at the kop and their keeper who's brand new in goal and done fuck all. Let's hope
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 28, 2017, 01:29:02 pm »
Does anyone else think Weimann has work done on his face?  ???

Offline Jools

• Didn't believe at half time against Dortmund
  • Main Stander
« Reply #226 on: January 28, 2017, 01:29:03 pm »
Sturridge Sturridge Sturridge ON oN oN !

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 28, 2017, 01:29:04 pm »
You mean the people who bought Pogba for 89m?
Yeah it's called backing the manager..not fussing around over a few million quid and looking for value in the market with all this money ball nonsense.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: January 28, 2017, 01:29:04 pm »
Can someone take Moreno off corners and free kicks ffs

Every one he's taken this season has been absolutely shite

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: January 28, 2017, 01:29:08 pm »
Go 3-5-2 coutinho milner and sturridge on drop Lucas back CB take Randall off and milner rwb

Online Malcolm Night

• Anny Roader
« Reply #230 on: January 28, 2017, 01:29:11 pm »
how the fuck Wijnaldum has once scored a hat trick last year? I have to find the tape

He was notorious at Newcastle for going into hiding when the going got tough.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 28, 2017, 01:29:17 pm »
Haha - some people having a go at Klopp in general. This game hes put out a young team. The whole squad is short on confidence and the people booing doesnt help.

Look where Klopp has taken us in such a short time. We're in the top 4 for now, We've been to 2 finals and a semi final under his reign and played some of the best football we've seen in years.

We're on a bad run of form and there may be more to come but please have some perspective in terms of the overall progress of the club.

We need a bit of investment from the owners (which accordingly we've got) and the right manager (which is what i believe we've got) now its upto us to be paitent. We'll have good runs and bad runs. Just got to ride this out for now.

I love Klopp, but this is on him. Our season is on the verge of being over in 7 days. We're in poor form and we're about to go out of the FA Cup and home to Wolves? Our build-up play is so static and if Moreno takes another corner after half time, then that's all on Klopp.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #232 on: January 28, 2017, 01:29:22 pm »
He's the only one keeping the ball moving, everyone else is so static. If you can't see what he offers then I can't help you.
Ha ha ha keeping th ball moving, backwards!! I love the "if you can't see what he offers I can't help" comments, like he's some magician or you're some expert.

He's an attacking midfielder, attack!! Play some penetrating passes ffs.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Sh0rty

• Kopite
« Reply #233 on: January 28, 2017, 01:29:22 pm »
Great captain performance again  :wanker

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: January 28, 2017, 01:29:32 pm »
Cos he feel his first 11 is tired.    It's just bollocks when you're paying players millions of pounds over the season.

Chelsea will also play the reserves and any team we put out should be good enough against Wolves.  Issue is not the team it's the performance.

Online TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #235 on: January 28, 2017, 01:29:36 pm »
Jesus, it's like marriage.
Before Christmas everything was great, exciting and fun.
Then after the white wedding she's just given up and let herself go to shit.
That's why I come to these threads  ;D ;D brilliant

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: January 28, 2017, 01:29:42 pm »
We better pray we beat Chelsea on Tuesday.

I'm not even looking forward to it at the moment, Costa and Hazard will have a field day against our defence.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #237 on: January 28, 2017, 01:29:53 pm »
Is Gini much more of an upgrade than Joe Allen?

Depends how he's performed in our last match usually

He has been quite a few times, but not at the moment. Not today obviously, but might be after the next game
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2017, 01:29:55 pm »
Don't worry guys, won't be signing anyone this month and we will be getting articles about how mane is a new signing

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: January 28, 2017, 01:29:56 pm »
I'm not really sure what Wijnaldum does to be honest. When we win people talk about his "vital, unsung role" or how he "keeps the ball ticking over", but games just pass him by in my opinion. He doesn't add a whole lot
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"