Author Topic: Worst Liverpool XI in your lifetime?  (Read 2597 times)

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
Worst Liverpool XI in your lifetime?
« on: January 13, 2017, 11:39:18 am »
I was chatting with some of the lads the other day about some of the poor players that have had the honour to wear the red shirt. There has been some woeful players in my own life time, I decided to have a think and put it in writing. To make it a little harder I tried to pick outfield players who had played at least 20 games and goalkeepers 10.

The XI went like this:

Manager: Souness

GK: Cavalieri

RB: Kromkamp
CB:Piechnik
CB:Kvarme
LB: Traore

Mid: Nunez
Mid: Diao
Mid: Cheyrou

Att: El Zhar
Att: Diouf
Att: Le Tallec

Read my reasoning here (you may want to before you jump down my throat on Souness or a few other players): http://intothemreds.com/at-the-back/worst-liverpool-xi-in-my-lifetime/

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: Worst Liverpool XI in your lifetime?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 11:41:57 am »
Souness? Aren't you forgetting Hodgson?

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 11:42:06 am »
Shit thread idea and some dumb selections in there. Soz. Djimi deserves respect, he was lightyears ahead of Konchesky for example and Cav is nowhere near the worst goalie.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 11:44:57 am »
Was Cavalieri really so bad? I don't remember him playing much at all. I'm too young to know about Souness but if he was worse than Hodgson then those must have been some dark dark days. And leave Champions League superhero Djimi Traore out of this! ;)
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 11:49:34 am »
You obviously didn't read my explanations then did you? I tried to pick goalkeepers who had played over 10 games and outfield players over 20

I also gave reasoning behind Souness over Hodgson

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 11:52:59 am »
Still not as bad as Hodgson in my opinion.
And I agree. But like I stated Souness had a bigger impact on me as a young supporter given he was around for 4 years and Hodgson lasted, what 4 months?

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 11:54:23 am »
You obviously didn't read my explanations then did you? I tried to pick goalkeepers who had played over 10 games and outfield players over 20

I also gave reasoning behind Souness over Hodgson

Shit reasoning mate.  Never ever choose Souness (or any other past manager) over Hodgson.

I could understand if you forgot Hodgson....many of us try to block that out, but never choose anybody over him  ;D

Let alone (for all his mistakes) a club legend like Souness

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 11:57:06 am »
You should rename it "Players I hyped up too much but didn't meet my expectations."
A nonsense thread really.
Souness was not worse than Hodgson.
Not that I disagree with Diouf, but he was signed before the world cup. Not after.
Cavalieri was a back up keeper. We've had far worse.

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 12:04:09 pm »
Souness - Win rate: 42.04%, Loss 29%
Hodgson - Win rate: 41.93%, Loss 32%

Not a lot off difference there is there? As I have said, i'm aware the Hodgson days were dark days, but thankfully they were over before they began.

Not supposed to be a serious topic, just reflecting

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 12:28:17 pm »
Hodgson

Itanje
Song
Kippe
Medjani
Konchesky
Diomede
Poulsen
Cheyrou
Nunez
Voronin
Meijer

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 12:31:22 pm »
What a load of arse this thread is ;D

Why would you want to have a discussion about bad Liverpool players two days before our biggest game of the season....?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 12:40:33 pm »
What a load of arse this thread is ;D

Why would you want to have a discussion about bad Liverpool players two days before our biggest game of the season....?

Worst Fan: El Lobo

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 12:43:46 pm »
worst moaner about other fans

Crosby Stills and Nick

or me ;)

this is one of the worst ideas for a thread ever it needs putting down humanely
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 12:45:42 pm »

Worst Pun Creator....:

Yeah, I'll go there Nick.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2017, 12:50:07 pm »
Souness - Win rate: 42.04%, Loss 29%
Hodgson - Win rate: 41.93%, Loss 32%

Not a lot off difference there is there? As I have said, i'm aware the Hodgson days were dark days, but thankfully they were over before they began.

Not supposed to be a serious topic, just reflecting

The thing is Souey also gave us some fucking boss moments and won us an FA Cup. They were turbulent times, but certainly not dull ones. Some of my favourite Liverpool moments were with Souness as manager. That FA Cup win, the two semi's that went before it. Auxerre remains one of the greatest games and atmospheres I've been to. Last game of the season against United in 92 to stop them winning the league. That absolutely insane Chesterfield 4-4 at Anfield.

The worst thing about Hodgson was that week in week out, you knew you were going to get turgid ill-thought out boring shit. Every fucking game. Souey was a rollercoaster with genuine highs, passion and occasional moments of unwavering belief inspiring against all odds wins.

I also think some of reason it didn't come off for Souness was not his lack of talent or vision as a manager, he had genuine bad luck and was having to deal changing rules in the game (English player rule) horrible injuries and trying to manage the rapid decline in the club. A lot of what he did made sense and had logic to it even if it didn't come off, the opposite of Hodgson. I rate him as a manager higher than Hodgson and also higher than Evans.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 12:57:11 pm »
The thing is Souey also gave us some fucking boss moments and won us an FA Cup. They were turbulent times, but certainly not dull ones. Some of my favourite Liverpool moments were with Souness as manager. That FA Cup win, the two semi's that went before it. Auxerre remains one of the greatest games and atmospheres I've been to. Last game of the season against United in 92 to stop them winning the league. That absolutely insane Chesterfield 4-4 at Anfield.

The worst thing about Hodgson was that week in week out, you knew you were going to get turgid ill-thought out boring shit. Every fucking game. Souey was a rollercoaster with genuine highs, passion and occasional moments of unwavering belief inspiring against all odds wins.

I also think some of reason it didn't come off for Souness was not his lack of talent or vision as a manager, he had genuine bad luck and was having to deal changing rules in the game (English player rule) horrible injuries and trying to manage the rapid decline in the club. A lot of what he did made sense and had logic to it even if it didn't come off, the opposite of Hodgson. I rate him as a manager higher than Hodgson and also higher than Evans.
Fair enough, i'll accept that. Maybe the 8 year old me didn't quite get it. Maybe he would have done better with the quality Evans had at his disposal? We'll never know. Maybe I just got taken to the wrong games? My memory of going the game when I was 5-8 seemed to be us getting beat all the time and having to watch poor quality football.

At least under Hodgson I could reflect on games I had experienced as a young adult and realise things could only get better.

Anyway, only a light-hearted thread, guess some of you haven't realised it is Friday?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 12:57:28 pm »
Front 3 of Aspas,Voronin & Diouf.
Not sure if there is any I have disliked more.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 01:03:25 pm »
10, 9, 8, 7, ............

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2017, 01:05:37 pm »
Had both Aspas and Vornin, Aspas actually only played 15 times so I discounted him. Decided on El Zhar and Le Tallec as they had opportunities to show potential and didn't live up to it.

Makes a little harder trying to find players who have played over 20.

Should have picked Rigobert Song! Good one that

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 01:05:41 pm »
Fair enough, i'll accept that. Maybe the 8 year old me didn't quite get it. Maybe he would have done better with the quality Evans had at his disposal? We'll never know. Maybe I just got taken to the wrong games? My memory of going the game when I was 5-8 seemed to be us getting beat all the time and having to watch poor quality football.

At least under Hodgson I could reflect on games I had experienced as a young adult and realise things could only get better.

Anyway, only a light-hearted thread, guess some of you haven't realised it is Friday?

:D Ha. I didn't mean my post to sound so killjoy. Just finding the light in the Souness era is favourite topic of mine and might have got carried away with it. I was 12 in 1992 and just have so many great memories of that season. Indeed there were dark times too.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2017, 01:06:14 pm »

I'll not have that about my beloved two.

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/5lLpEHHya1w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://youtube.com/v/5lLpEHHya1w</a>

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/iaXlXjOVAko" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://youtube.com/v/iaXlXjOVAko</a>

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2017, 01:09:37 pm »
:D Ha. I didn't mean my post to sound so killjoy. Just finding the light in the Souness era is favourite topic of mine and might have got carried away with it. I was 12 in 1992 and just have so many great memories of that season. Indeed there were dark times too.
No worries mate, wasn't aimed at you anyway.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2017, 01:14:06 pm »
I can't see this thread ending well.

Just wait till the kids get out of school, with the combined memory of past players that goes back loads, like maybe four or five years.  ;)

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2017, 01:17:45 pm »
That fucking corner.
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.