Author Topic: Pre-Match Thread - Liverpool vs. Beşiktaş Jimnastik Kulüb- 19th Feb 2015 - 20:05  (Read 96039 times)

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Some guy on Facebook reckons he was at Melwood today and they set up as follows: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Ibe, Henderson, Allen, Moreno, Sterling, Sturridge, Balotelli

Nice lineup if true, best to try win the game in the first leg and then we play it tight out there.

I'm actually really looking forward to this, nothing like European football regardless of the prestige of this particular tournament. What's more I don't get the negativity towards a competition that could secure us CL football for next season. Some people are somehow of the belief that it's going to be easier to secure CL football by getting 4th but in reality we'd only have to win a maximum of 5 games to secure it through the Europa allowing us to draw or even lose marginally in the return legs.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
Hoping to see the Studge and Mario partnership in action from the start tonight, go at them from the off and try to grab a couple of early goals.

Online BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
Hoping to see the Studge and Mario partnership in action from the start tonight, go at them from the off and try to grab a couple of early goals.

They've only played 94 minutes together so far, but we've scored 5 goals in that time so you never know!

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
It would not upset me to see Ballotelli benched again. He did well at Palace but that's no reason to alter the formation.
He'll get two tonight, just to spite me. I'll be back at 9.50 to get me coat.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
It would not upset me to see Ballotelli benched again. He did well at Palace but that's no reason to alter the formation.
He'll get two tonight, just to spite me. I'll be back at 9.50 to get me coat.
It would not upset me to see us win and score a hatful....  All that should matter...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
Is Enrique fit?

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan

"No brainer" in my opinion.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Is Enrique fit?
Depends on your sexuality?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Depends on your sexuality?

Also depends who you compare him to? I mean next to Can probably not, next to Allen probably yes.

Offline Bruce88

• Legacy Fan
Always excited about European nights at Anfield so bring it on! Best team possible, I like the one on this page, and let's give them hell. COYR.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
What an utterly depressing team that was!

What do you mean? That team secured a famous win!

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
Also depends who you compare him to? I mean next to Can probably not, next to Allen probably yes.
Can doesn't even depend on your sexuality. Even/especially straight guys fancy him
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline CroatiaReds

• Anny Roader
Slaven Bilić, Croat, coach of Beşiktaş, shows great respect for Liverpool FC and famous Anfield Atmosphere. He was Liverpool fan in his childhood (he wrote that in his autobiography), few days after his sign for Bitters (They sign him from W.Ham) Liverpool was called him but he already gave the word to them, great man and next PL manager for sure (Maybe W.Ham),  show him some respect tonight! We must keep our form, result is important, easy 3-0 for us ;)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
People are severely underestimating Beşiktaş. They are a much better team than us, I don't understand why people think they aren't. We have virtually no European experience in this team, including our manager. I fear for us, I really do. Watching the Champions League again this week underlined to me once again how far we are off from being a solid European team let alone a force. Let's hope we can somehow fluke our way to the final but I don't see it. We need to take these games seriously though, that's for sure because Europa is more important than an FA cup final that happened to be on Gerrard's birthday.

I bet you're scared of crossing the road, fucking hell.

I thought I was a negative person, cheer up a bit
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
Can doesn't even depend on your sexuality. Even/especially straight guys fancy him
agreed
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
Load of Beşiktaş fans trying to jump on the 19 bus to town from near Everton without paying and then abusing the driver when he told them to get off. Kicking and punching the windows from the outside after. Admittedly some polite ones apologising to passengers as there was a baby in a pram at the front. Hope we smash these pricks now.
Justice for the 97

Offline joejack

• Main Stander
Load of Beşiktaş fans trying to jump on the 19 bus to town from near Everton without paying and then abusing the driver when he told them to get off. Kicking and punching the windows from the outside after. Admittedly some polite ones apologising to passengers as there was a baby in a pram at the front. Hope we smash these pricks now.

Looking at the earlier pictures in this thread, you sure they weren't just trying to give the bus a service?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
I bet you're scared of crossing the road, fucking hell.

I thought I was a negative person, cheer up a bit

You ARE negative mate, he's just absolute zero! :D ;)
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Notfromaroundhere

• Kopite
Joe Cole returns to the starting XI for tonight's Europa League clash in Turkey - listen live from 6.25pm BST.

The midfielder is one of five changes to the side that lost at Manchester City with Christian Poulsen, Fabio Aurelio, Sotirios Kyrgiakos and Martin Kelly all involved.

The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Johnson, Kelly, Kyrgiakos, Carragher, Aurelio, Lucas, Poulsen, Kuyt, Cole, Ngog. Subs: Gulacsi, Pacheco, Babel, Spearing, Shelvey, Skrtel, Eccleston.

26th Aug 2010  :-X

:o

Five defenders, two defensive midfielders; Smokey Joe and Dirk Kuyt as the more creative players.......no wonder I can't remember much from that period, except the overwhelming feeling of apathy.

Thankfully, times have changed.  :thumbup

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
You ARE negative mate, he's just absolute zero! :D ;)

;D fair enough
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline tylerjnorton

• Kopite
:o

Five defenders, two defensive midfielders; Smokey Joe and Dirk Kuyt as the more creative players.......no wonder I can't remember much from that period, except the overwhelming feeling of apathy.

Thankfully, times have changed.  :thumbup

I'll not stand by and have you besmirch the good name of Dirk Kuyt like that!

Offline Notfromaroundhere

• Kopite
I'll not stand by and have you besmirch the good name of Dirk Kuyt like that!

Oops, didn't mean it like that. Dirk was (and still is) awesome in his own way, mate.  :D

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
Dunno if it's been posted yet but if Sturridge plays and scores tonight he'll have scored on his league, fa cup, league cup and European debut's for us... Not bad

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What do you mean? That team secured a famous win!

I refuse to believe that team won a game!

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Yikes the depth of the team from 2010 was scary ...how times have changed. Hope for a good game tonight and love to see us make the away leg an impossible task for them.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • Black&White, Believe&Fight
can't wait for it.
"Waiting for Vodafone Arena to win League Titles"

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
People are severely underestimating Beşiktaş. They are a much better team than us, I don't understand why people think they aren't. We have virtually no European experience in this team, including our manager. I fear for us, I really do. Watching the Champions League again this week underlined to me once again how far we are off from being a solid European team let alone a force. Let's hope we can somehow fluke our way to the final but I don't see it. We need to take these games seriously though, that's for sure because Europa is more important than an FA cup final that happened to be on Gerrard's birthday.

Ah shut it yer fucking fanny. Sorry to upset you, but we're going to twat these c*nts. The only fluke will be that we don't rupture our collective banjo strings from the dry bumming we're giving these tonight.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline livesound

• Kopite
can't wait for it.

Take it you want a Beşiktaş result?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Take it you want a Beşiktaş result?

Well he is a Beşiktaş fan first.  :D

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Anfield must be loud tonight.
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Have you watched us at all since mid-December Lazar?
We got knocked out of the Champions League and are only seventh in the league because to be honest we were shite in the early stages of the season. Since the change in fortune and the bedding in of some of our new players anyone who's watched us can surely see we're now an entirely different proposition. Beşiktaş look a decent team, but we're better and we'll show it tonight. Time for some of our fans to grow some balls and stop worrying about a side that hasn't lost over 90 minutes for two months.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
Only 4 more hours to go!
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline tylerjnorton

• Kopite
Oops, didn't mean it like that. Dirk was (and still is) awesome in his own way, mate.  :D

Semi-joking mate. I love me some Kuyt though, obviously haha.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can doesn't even depends on your sexuality. Even/especially straight guys fancy him
Umm, no.
Can doesn't even depends on your sexuality. Even/especially all the bisexuals who pretend on RAWK to be straight guys fancy him
Clarified for you closeted types. :wave
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Umm, no.

Clarified for you closeted types. :wave

Not really no.

I'm 100% hetro but I have no problem saying "that's a nice looking guy"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion