Author Topic: Now is the time for us, the fans, to stand up and be counted!  (Read 35836 times)

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Legacy Fan
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
Re: Now is the time for us, the fans, to stand up and be counted!
« Reply #200 on: April 22, 2008, 10:12:31 am »
^
^^
^^^
^^^^
^^^^^
^^
^^
^^
^^
It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #201 on: April 22, 2008, 10:13:43 am »
^
^^
^^^
^^^^
^^^^^
^^
^^
^^
^^
Ya big pussy.

Offline Mivi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: April 22, 2008, 10:14:40 am »
 :P

Offline Varun

• Anny Roader
« Reply #203 on: April 22, 2008, 10:23:57 am »
Ok Hicksboy, get this fuckin straight.  You belittling all the reds that worship from afar, just makes you look a c*nt.  All of your posts are pro-hicks and the others just shit stirring crap like this one.   You cant fkin spell and you talk shite.

The faithful will intimidate Chelsea.  See.. so easy to spell well.  I was supporting Liverpool long before you could wipe your arse, let alone take money to support Hicks cause like you, you simple twat.

RiH

well fuckin said that man.

johny f go wind up people on some other forum  :wanker

Offline MattLFC08

• Forgetful nose poker-inner - Who Must Try Harder!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
« Reply #204 on: April 22, 2008, 12:01:41 pm »
Bump.
"As I come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I have drummed it into our players time and again, they are PRIVILEGED to play for you and if you did not believe me! Do You Believe Me Now?"

Bill Shankly (2 September 1913 – 29 September 1981)

Offline JohnnyDrama

• hey new members to RAWK: He's a really really annoying feedback tourist and thick. If you dont believe me, he even admitted it himself. Post-match angler
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
TORRES: LET'S MAKE IT THE BEST YET
« Reply #205 on: April 22, 2008, 12:02:35 pm »
Fernando Torres has called upon the Liverpool supporters to once again bring tears to his eyes by surpassing the euphoric atmosphere generated against Arsenal in tonight's semi-final clash with Chelsea.

off the .tv site

na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na, Fernando Torres, liverpools number 9!!!
Greatest Band in the world.

www.myspace.com/brandnew

Offline leighton

• adopter of peasants, spelling mistakes are the iPads fault - obviously.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter @smee05
Re: TORRES: LET'S MAKE IT THE BEST YET
« Reply #206 on: April 22, 2008, 12:03:14 pm »
he's not starting.
Everton fc, the slogans club. More slogans than trophies - now available in pink.

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
Re: TORRES: LET'S MAKE IT THE BEST YET
« Reply #207 on: April 22, 2008, 12:04:07 pm »
na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na, Fernando Torres, RBS's number 9!!!
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline ScouserTom

• Kopite
« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2008, 01:14:41 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11MQnQ8QjJs&feature=related

everyone watch this!
this speaks louder than any words.
How much do you want it tonight?

come on you fuckin red mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains."

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2008, 02:04:39 pm »
Okay part three - and every point in Evo's original post remains valid.

Just cos its the third time - lets make sure WE DON'T slack off.

COME ON LIVERPOOL!!! YNWA
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2008, 06:18:17 pm »

Just cos its the third time - lets make sure WE DON'T slack off.

Agreed.  All this "third time lucky" and "law of averages" bullshit is boring me.   Let's do it Redmen.  We're more capable of doing it now than we were on the previous two occasions anyway!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2008, 06:19:23 pm »
FUCK OFF CHELSEA FC,

COME ON BOYS
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline lfc-joey

• Main Stander
"Who's bigger than Liverpool?" Jamie Carragher when asked by Sky Sports if he'd thought of moving to a bigger club
Voronin - fuckin ell, can we have our nothing back.

Offline fishmyman

• Kopite
  • Enter funny or inspirational message here
« Reply #213 on: January 30, 2009, 04:05:48 am »
COME ON YOU REDS COME ON YOU REDS COME ON YOU REDS COME ON YOU REDS COME ON YOU REDS COME ON YOU REDS

Offline bazjones

• Kopite
  • LFCmelbourne.com.au
« Reply #214 on: January 30, 2009, 04:32:03 am »
Absolutly have to be on top form this weekend and try to get our boys out of this rut we are currently in. A win against these c*nts will give us the momentum to go on and win the league!!

Lets all be as positive as possible and try and get that legendry atmosphere at Anfield back!!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY MIGHTY RED MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2009, 07:07:43 am »

COME ON REDMEN...

what a fantastic picture 

:D that's the first time i've smiled for 2 days

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: January 30, 2009, 12:08:14 pm »
personlly i'd rather the players and manager stood up to be counted, as no matter what we do if the manager keeps making idiotic decisions and the players keep making mistakes it dont matter what the hell the fans do

Offline Chinbits

• Has a Purpoise in life
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Factor 3rd Place WINNER
« Reply #217 on: January 30, 2009, 12:17:22 pm »
Stamford Bridge has fallen down...........
Hold a powerful magnet against your stomach and then run it up your body until it's under your chin.

While wearing your mum's skin as a hat.

Offline bazjones

• Kopite
  • LFCmelbourne.com.au
« Reply #218 on: January 30, 2009, 12:27:00 pm »
personlly i'd rather the players and manager stood up to be counted, as no matter what we do if the manager keeps making idiotic decisions and the players keep making mistakes it dont matter what the hell the fans do

Exactly the attitude we dont need.

We all know that the fans can have an effect on matches like these. 12th man!

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2009, 12:33:21 pm »
its up to the fans on sunday....not the other way round,the lads need lifting...make the effort.as mourinhio said,we are unique.unique isnt sitting on yer arse waiting for something to happen.if you want to be proud as a fan/group of fans ,you earn it!
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #220 on: January 30, 2009, 12:38:03 pm »

That is out of our control, us doing our bit isn't
"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: January 30, 2009, 12:42:07 pm »
Exactly the attitude we dont need.

We all know that the fans can have an effect on matches like these. 12th man!

aint seem to be working in the last two big games we have had where the fans could have had an effect though so lets just hope the team and manager dont fuck up and again thats the important thing not the atmosphere

Offline lawrie

• Legacy Fan
  • Done the treble
« Reply #222 on: January 30, 2009, 06:19:28 pm »

Jeez

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Now is the time for us, the fans, to stand up and be counted!
« Reply #223 on: December 7, 2014, 04:04:05 am »
Fuck the form book. Fuck the expectations, fuck the derogatory comments from outsiders towards us as a team or a fanbase. For me, just finishing work and after a bottle of wine, three sleeps until I can station myself on the Kop and sing myself hoarse for the reds. I've been there for painful exits before, be it Benfica, Zenit or Atletico Madrid (that Forlan Manc twat) but Spion Kop 1906 will have the flags out, we'll be there and all we can do is take heed of Peter Evo's advice albeit for a Semi Final and channel it into showing these Basel lads what we do at Anfield on a big European night under the floodlights. Sunderland asked several times where our atmosphere was (and ironically posed several questions about the prosperity of the city) but they can see what an atmosphere is, from their armchairs on Tuesday.

Questions about the manager, the tactics, the formations, the players, can all be done after the match. A win is all we need and once those glorious red men reach the pitch, we need to do our jobs,, get to our stations and do our bit. Who remembers these famous bits of commentary?

"It really does look at the moment like time is going to beat Liverpool here, time and the away goal...too many long balls I feel here by Liverpool too many hopeful balls, and it's another one here by Kennedy, and that could break for Fairclough in fact, and it does, Fairclough going through and... he's scored, DAVID FAIRCLOUGH surely he's put Liverpool through, the drama here, it's quite quite unbelievable, oh Liverpool don't lose your heads now"

"Mellor, lovely cushioned header, for GERRRARDDDDDDDDDDDD, OH YA BEAUTY, WHAT A HIT SON, WHAT A HIT".

Let's have another famous bit of commentary for Tuesday night at Anfield, where the players talk about what a lift we were in pushing them beyond the line.

My only Liverpool claim to fame is scoring the winner for our fans team against Inter Milan fans in Milan as we won 1-0 (scored another which was "offside" as well). As the game was drawing to a close and as my legs felt like they were about to disconnect from my body, 40 or so of our fans started up "Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool" and then shortly afterwards "You'll Never Walk Alone" as the final whistle closed in- I cherished it so much as I will probably never have a feeling like that, and let's face it at 27, my dream of playing for Liverpool is gone, but even I felt an extra flurry of energy in those moments, it must be surely why home games are so valued in football. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like with 1000 times and more that number all singing as one. Let's take all the advantage from that we can!

Get your drinks in as soon as, then get in early, let's get the atmosphere going. With people wanting to meet the team bus before a league game, and the Spion Kop lads stopping involvement with that/the kop before arranging to meet the club to discuss ticket prices, we had fans moving in different directions. With that now seemingly going to a meeting and the flags back out, here is where we can all pull together as a fanbase. Let's lift the roof off Anfield. This is our famous atmosphere mother fuckers. Drink it in. We're the best at it.

Ask John Terry or Mourinho, or countless others. We can make a difference. We can fucking make the difference. Let our lads know they are heroes, let the others know they are nothing. God knows we need the 4 coefficient points for qualifying for the last 16. With this bump let's let Peter Evo's words from his thread opener echo in eternity, and if you are going on Tuesday, make sure your voice along with thousands of your red brethren echos in eternity also.

WE ARE LIVERPOOL TRA LA LA LA LA LA

COME ON REDS!!!
« Last Edit: December 7, 2014, 04:59:06 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #224 on: December 7, 2014, 04:23:07 am »
Right, the press (for once) have been bigging us up, "Chelsea won't know what's hit them." Cauldron of noise." Juventus froze - will Chelsea?" etc.  Let's be honest, we've been bigging ourselves up too saying exactly the same thing.
WELL NOW'S THE TIME TO FUCKIN PROVE IT BOYS!
Don't leave your voices in the alehouse! How many times do you walk past the Albert, Park, Sandon etc and hear it booming only for those same boomers to turn into whimperers once they've parked their arses in the seats in the ground? We want everybody singing tonight - young and old, male and female, Scouse, wools and OOT's -  Kop, Paddock, Main Stand, Lower Anny, Upper Anny, Lower Kemlyn, Upper Kemlyn (fuck your Centenary bollocks) every fuckin body!
COME ON!
Chelsea are a better team than us - fact - so we need every conceivable edge we can get. Let's be as horrible, nasty and bitter to them as we fuckin well can - within the bounds of the ground regulations of course. For instance, fuck this clapping the opposing goalkeeper mularkey. FUCK HIM! He might be the best goalie in the world but when Cech comes down to the Kop (hopefully for the start of the second half) we need him to be cacking his kecks standing in front of us. Let's make him feel as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit - it might just give us an edge.  Same goes for the referee. Scream, shout and contest EVERY decision - again it might just give us an edge.  For once let's fuck our reputation for sportsmanship. Should Chelsea go through then will be the time, if you so wish, to show sportsmanship, NOT DURING THE GAME!
WE, THE FANS, HAVE GOT TO DO EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER TO WIN THIS FOOTBALL MATCH. 
Now imagine what it will be like if we do go through and we, the fans, have played a large part in achieving that. Think what it will do for our reputation. Fans of other clubs throughout the contry, even the world, already jealous of our reputation and what we can do - WHEN WE WANT TO - will be in even more awe of us. It might even just be that because of it UEFA will feel fit, if we win the competition, to overturn their own ridiculous rule that holders will not automatically qualify for the following season's competition and give the Premier League five places should that need arise.

We have been up against it before in European second legs at Anfield in games such as Auxerre, PSG and Strasbourg but NEVER have I felt that the team need us as much as I do for tonight's game. That might sound a mad thing to say with the tie seemingly balanced on a knife-edge at 0-0 but believe me - fuck what Mourinho says about 99.9% of us - we know we've a fuckin tough job on our hands. Should we go a goal down let's not throw in the fuckin towel. KEEP SCREAMING! KEEP SHOUTING! KEEP SINGING!

I hope and firmly believe our players won't let us down - win or lose - let us (THE MOST FAMOUS FUCKIN CROWD IN THE WORLD) not let ourselves down. 
WE'VE TALKED THE TALK NOW LET'S FUCKIN WALK THE WALK!

COME ON!

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT PART OF THE GROUND YOU'RE IN TONIGHT - TONIGHT, IN THE SPIRUAL SENSE, EVERYBODY'S A KOPITE.  LET THE LADS FROM THE 60'S AND 70'S, INTER MILAN, ST ETTIENNE ETC BE PROUD OF YOU - BE PROUD OF US.

IF WE DO WIN THIS IT WILL BE THE GREATEST CROWD FEAT EVER AT ANFIELD. IT WILL EVEN OUTDO THE LIKES OF INTER, ST ETTIENNE, AUXERRE ETC.

WE ARE THE FAMOUS - THE FAMOUS KOPITES!

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Road to Athens http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8nz5m_liverpool-road-to-athens_sport
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8nz5m_liverpool-road-to-athens_sport

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #225 on: December 7, 2014, 01:36:08 pm »
Something to admire from Liverpool and our crowd is that despite our form and results we haven't had a home game with less than 43000 supporters this season. Years ago there would be crowds of 33-35000 if we weren't doing well.
Seen us win everything

Offline livesound

• Kopite
« Reply #226 on: December 7, 2014, 02:21:57 pm »
Despite the shite form I believe we can pull something out on Tuesday and could be a special night. When you think of famous group games at Anfield there's the likes of Roma and Olympiakos, and I'm already hoping Basel can be added to the list of brilliant nights.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #227 on: December 7, 2014, 02:27:09 pm »
WE ARE LIVERPOOL TRA LA LA LA LA LA

COME ON REDS!!!

Good stuff Hij

It will be bouncing on Tuesday despite all the woes. I've just been out to get me tonsils fine-tuned so rest assured the front row of the main stand will be in top form.

Pete Evo's an old mate of mine. He'll be there too but so pissed off his head he'll think we're playing Olympiakos.

;D

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #228 on: December 7, 2014, 02:27:35 pm »
Thank you for the video Hij.

Well alas I won't be there on Tuesday.  But I know the power we have to tear the guts out of the opposition because I've seen it,  been part of it, and it is an absolute fact.

Many years ago - and I hope you will forgive me because I have the flu, my memory for exact dates is not what it was and I'm not up to going through my record books at the moment.

But we couldn't do right against Nottingham Forest.  They kicked the shite out of us and were our bogey team.  But.  One day they took a step too far.  Before the match the odious kunt Brian Clough thought he would take the piss.  He sent his players out, in their suits, to saunter around our turf as if they owned it.  Right up to the Kop goalmouth.  The insolent fuckers.

Well.  Bad move.  Very bad move.  There was this massive and continual roar.  People talk about a "baying crowd" well I heard it and was part of it that day.  We wanted blood and revenge and made no bones about it.  The colour drained from their faces and you could see their guts had dissolved.  They may as well have just got back on the coach and buggered off for all the good they were going to do.

We beat them of course.  Broke the bogey and the jinx and never looked back.

And those there on Tuesday will do us proud just the same.  I'm sure of it. 
« Last Edit: December 7, 2014, 02:29:56 pm by Maggie May »
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #229 on: December 7, 2014, 02:51:42 pm »
Glad someone bumped this one, great to read like an oasis in a desert of shite.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #230 on: December 8, 2014, 02:18:57 am »
Firstly, my apologies for the really emotional post, I was obviously pretty drunk ;D To qualify, I am now as well.

Everything was true though, including the match winner in the 'San Plastico' ;) Oh and my massive respect for Peter Evo (Timbo, fantastic you know him! He's sorted me a few spares previously, and I normally say hello to him if I see him in the away end around the country, but it's clear every time he has no idea who I am haha)

Evo's post before the Semi Final was one that really had me going and it is interesting to note the caliber of the people on this forum who have replied since I bumped it. Maggie May (fantastic anecdote my lovely) and Timbo and Geoff who are brilliant, passionate reds and veterans of this supporting Liverpool Football Club lark. Would expect nothing less from you top reds :wave

Part of supporting this great football club (for me at least) is experiencing nights like the one on Tuesday whatever happens. I've had disagreements on here recently about what we should 'expect' from the team we support. Maybe it's something in me or others due to tribalism etc but I realise that the actual progress, performance or 'expectation' of the team is mainly out of my hands, and all I can do is hope we win if watching from afar, or cheer them on as loud as I can if I'm in the ground.

I certainly can't wait for Tuesday, like I said, it could be our last one in the Champions League again for a while, why not give it everything we can? (Please don't reply "of course we will" I don't mean it like that, this isn't an attack on anyone, just a gee up I guess).

There are threads on here where we want to do everything we can to support the team through a bad patch. What better than a night under the floodlights at Anfield where we need to win to qualify? I sincerely hope the traction towards this game picks up as we get nearer to it. 

Look at the coefficient points here http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/ . We will lose the 15+ points that we got in 10/11 next season (we have just over 8 this season so far), and will drop (again) down the rankings if we drop into the Europa and more if we don't qualify for the Champions League next season. We certainly do not want to sacrifice this game to 'focus on the league', because if we somehow manage to get back in (and I haven't worked it out exactly) we could be facing pot four next time like City did when they funneled money into their team. We need a win to solidify our position in Europe (4 points if we qualify for the last 16), we need a win for confidence, and we need a win to show the rest of the league that we won't take anything lying down.

Maybe I wrote my post too soon after the drab Sunderland draw. Perhaps. Maybe I'm not as eloquent or as inspiring as others (this is definitely the case ;) ) But no matter what the team is like, if you can't look forward to a game like Basel on Tuesday, what's the point?

I was 16 when we played Olympiakos. I know people off here who were on the Kop that day but I was unfortunately at home. Rivaldo knocked in the free kick just before half time. We went from needing 2 goals, to needing 3, without reply. My mates left to go and get food from down the road (Arsenal supporters). I could hear the laughter outside as they left, they had been unbeaten the season before and were arrogant for a lot of reasons, although two Scousers in Wayne Rooney and Neil Mellor had put paid to that in the weeks previous. I put on Gerry and the Pacemakers (you know the song) and sang it out on my own, just hoping and praying we could do it, then cracked open another can of beer. Sinama Pongolle, Neil Mellor, Steven fucking Gerrard. I can't imagine what it was like in the ground, but I've experienced my own since, Inter Milan, Arsenal, Barcelona and more.

Olympiakos was the start of something I couldn't have ever imagined, culminating in me bawling my eyes out at half time in Istanbul, and then again at full time. Of course before anyone says it I don't expect us to repeat that this season, it's one game at a time but getting into the knock outs would be a massive step forwards. We have the benefit of being at home for this decider. The team are trying their hardest, and it's not quite clicking. Away fans in Europe have come to Anfield this season and for the large part out sung us. This is true because I've been there, perhaps in fairness because we've been shite. This cannot happen on Tuesday no matter how we leave the dressing room. It cannot. Put your 'expectation' in the bin before you enter, and reassess at full time. From before the game starts, to the final whistle, we need to give them unconditional support and as loud as possible.

We're made of these nights. They're written in our history. They are referred to by the TV pundits across various countries and more importantly on the flags that will be out waving defiantly in the bitterly cold December night that Tuesday the 9th of December promises to be. Maybe I'm a drunken sentimental. Maybe I am? Definitely I am! But I'll be a drunken red and white Kopite come 7:45 in Kop 202, and I'm glad I'm not working on Wednesday because I won't be able to speak the day after. And with any luck, and it's an odd hope, but an honest one... after the long drive home, on the Wednesday morning, I'll reach down to my knees and my legs and feel the cuts and bruises from jumping up and down manically on the Kop.

Because if those cuts and bruises are there, we'll have given it a right fucking good go.

Come on you mighty reds.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2014, 02:39:57 am by Hij »

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
« Reply #231 on: December 8, 2014, 02:32:35 am »
I am fully confident we will twat that swiss cheese team. As the first post in this thread says, "they will not know what's hit them." It can actually end up as a hammering for Basel. Come on you beautiful redmen, produce the magic which only you can do, a magic which can make grown men cry with joy. The history is on our side and all that separates us from another step towards the dream of 6th is big special famous night at Anfield. I think my whole body is going to be watery during match and water will start to flow if someone touches me. Can't wait!!  :scarf :scarf

Offline Mivi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: December 8, 2014, 10:07:31 am »
(scored another which was "offside" as well)

That was NEVER offside.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #233 on: December 8, 2014, 11:26:40 am »
But I'll be a drunken red and white Kopite come 7:45 in Kop 202...

Snap! I'll see you in there, mate.

Great post(s) too, by the way. I couldn't agree with you (or your overall point of view on unconditional support in the ground) any more.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #234 on: December 8, 2014, 12:16:00 pm »
ill be in the kop!

Waiting for this one....we really need to do something. Its all or nothing tomorrow night lads!
BRING THE NOISE!!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #235 on: December 8, 2014, 05:47:33 pm »
This is what this club made for, it's what makes it special. We will go out there Tuesday night and scare the shit out of the opposition. We will make our players stand seven feet tall. Form, confidence, and all the talk will go out the window and we will just be Liverpool FC. Five times European champions playing in front of the Kop on a massive European night. This is what we're made of. The red strip will frighten intimidate the opposition as Shankly intended it. The ghost of times gone by will inspire the current crop of future reds legends. Tomorrow players can be written into folklore just as Brendan says. Folklore like Mellor, like Sinema Pongolle. Legends in their own right for the joy he brought. On nights like this everything else fades into nothingness. This is one of those matches that will send shockwaves throughout the continent. A European Giant is about to awaken and take back it's stage from the pretenders.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum

Offline ivorbigun

• Kemlynite
« Reply #237 on: December 8, 2014, 06:46:08 pm »
I follow this site from a distance and there has been far to much negativity recently (some justified others over the top), but reading this thread has really hit home  what being a Liverpool supporter is all about. Fuck me the passion in some of these posts is absolutely incredible. We are the best supporters in the world and will show the world (once again) why tomorrow.

YNWA
Brendan Rodgers - "70% possession its death by football"

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #238 on: December 29, 2016, 01:00:21 am »
Klopp on beating Borussia Dortmund at Anfield:

"Maybe each supporter who goes to Anfield should watch that last half-hour and remind himself again: “Ah, that's what we can do.”

"It wouldn't have been possible, no chance, without the crowd. That's for sure.

"Sometimes people maybe think that as manager I have to say this. That I want to involve the crowd or something.

"But I believe in it 100%. If the game happened again and you switched off the sound in the stadium, then no chance we win.

"It's not just about the noise, it's more, it's about the vibe, everything. You could catch it. It was outstanding. I loved it."

This is what we need on Saturday at half five. City are a good side. We've got to win. And Anfield in the right mood can play a part - a big part - in achieving that. Whatever it takes you to get up for it, get up for it for this one."

It's not quite 90 minutes from a European final, but 90 minutes from keeping this title challenge fire burning bright?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #239 on: December 29, 2016, 01:04:48 am »
Wish more than anything I could be there to help cheer on the Reds. Anyone who's going to the match should try make their voice count  :)
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.