Author Topic: Sunderland vs Liverpool, 2 January @ 15:00 - The Stadium of Shite  (Read 27433 times)

Offline Realdidi

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sunderland vs Liverpool, 2 January @ 15:00 - The Stadium of Shite
« Reply #200 on: January 2, 2017, 08:14:04 am »
Big game today, just hope we win [emoji106] hopefully we come away with 3 points, it's impossible to guess the team as we don't know their fitness levels after the city game. 3 points today and then can look forward to next game
I love Liverpool like a fat kid love Cake

http://twitter.com/#/AlfaEllis

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: January 2, 2017, 08:46:36 am »
I'd be quite happy with Stewart, TTA and Moreno coming in alongside Origi, Sturridge and possibly Lucas. If they aren't good enough to beat an injury hit Sunderland team they shouldn't be in the first team squad to start with.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: January 2, 2017, 09:01:35 am »
If they try to play proper football this time we will simply smash them.
Believer

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #203 on: January 2, 2017, 09:03:32 am »
If they try to play proper football this time we will simply smash them.
errrr.... David Moyes?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: January 2, 2017, 09:30:40 am »
I'd be quite happy with Stewart, TTA and Moreno coming in alongside Origi, Sturridge and possibly Lucas. If they aren't good enough to beat an injury hit Sunderland team they shouldn't be in the first team squad to start with.

Id rather not find out today thanks.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #205 on: January 2, 2017, 09:39:37 am »
Id rather not find out today thanks.

Totally agree.

We are in the thick of a title race so surely you don't disrupt the team too much.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #206 on: January 2, 2017, 09:44:48 am »
I wouldn't switch anyone unless completely necessary. We aren't fighting for fourth at the moment, there's bigger things at stake. Anyone who played against City and today gets almost 2 weeks off until we play United; any of the lads who are tired but bouncing from the win against City keep their place.

These are fucking shit and Moyes is their manager. Early goal and they'll fold. 4-0 Liverpool.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #207 on: January 2, 2017, 09:54:26 am »
Wouldn't surprise me if Sturridge for Hendo is the only change. These players will be itching to play. When you're winning fatigue is the last thing one thinks about.

Can't get complacement here. Need to keep rolling and in my opinion, it will be much harder than a lot of people on here are suggesting.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #208 on: January 2, 2017, 10:03:33 am »
Whether we make no changes, one or two changes or wholesale changes, just score the first goal and these will fold.  Sunderland are a very poor side with a rank average defensive minded manager who have a horrendous injury list and have just had their arses handed to them on a plate by Burnley.  Come on the red men.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #209 on: January 2, 2017, 10:17:00 am »
Wouldn't surprise me if Sturridge for Hendo is the only change. These players will be itching to play. When you're winning fatigue is the last thing one thinks about.

Can't get complacement here. Need to keep rolling and in my opinion, it will be much harder than a lot of people on here are suggesting.

Avoiding complacency is the key here.

They only lost 1-0 to Chelsea and are obviously better home than away so silly saying Burnley smashed them and we will do the same. Won't those players have a point to prove ?

I can't see them being expansive though and expect we will have plenty of ball. Moyes will hope they score from set piece, wonder goal or a mistake.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #210 on: January 2, 2017, 10:17:20 am »
I think the diamond with Sturridge and Origi upfront with Mane in the hole is likely for today's game, where we can converse energy and hard running by using our potent attack to keep them peg back.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: January 2, 2017, 10:26:27 am »
This is a real must win after our excellent win against Man City. Hoping we do the trick. Just win Reds. That's all we need - a win.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #212 on: January 2, 2017, 10:44:47 am »
When was the last time we played with just 1 day inbetween?

Going to very interesting to see how both teams play, and if it makes much of a difference.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: January 2, 2017, 10:53:29 am »

Going to very interesting to see how both teams play, and if it makes much of a difference.

I think not pressing as much against Man City like we normally do will help us out a lot.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: January 2, 2017, 10:58:22 am »
Sunderland seem to have a bit of a injury crisis at the moment so you'd think we'd be able to see them off despite the extremely idiotic fixture list.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #215 on: January 2, 2017, 11:00:45 am »
I can't see us not winning this because as tired as our players will be, theirs will be equally as tired, and they have worse injury problems.

Can see us pumping them by a few.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: January 2, 2017, 11:02:16 am »

Probably more recently but the Lucas horror injury at Chelsea was after 1 days rest wasn't it? And after a home game v Man City. *gulp*.

Hope we can get out of this ok. Any sort of win even in a dire performance and no injuries would be an amazing result.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #217 on: January 2, 2017, 11:06:51 am »
I think Origi & Sturridge come in for Firmino & Hendo. Maybe Lucas or Moreno start depending on the fitness of others.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #218 on: January 2, 2017, 11:07:55 am »

Think it might have been 2006/07. We played Tottenham away on December 30th (won 1-0) and then played Bolton at home on January 1st (won 3-0).

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: January 2, 2017, 11:08:28 am »
Feels like tempting fate ...

Makes a change from everybody else tempting fate with this "tough fixture" talk.  If we lose it will be all, 'see! I told you not to take it for granted!'

There is NO good fixture when you're playing 44 hours after your previous match.  But a Moyes side in 18th place with half its squad missing through injury and suspension is about as good as we're going to get.  People need to lighten up.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: January 2, 2017, 11:13:28 am »
Let's hope the travelling kop have left the beach ball at home !
Come on reds solid performance please and 3 points should be in the bag.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #221 on: January 2, 2017, 11:20:08 am »
Next week with the cup is the time to ring in the changes. Need the win, need to play pretty much the same team...Sturridge to start in place of Can and that'll do. Lallana to drop back and Sturridge in attack obvs

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
« Reply #222 on: January 2, 2017, 11:20:22 am »
Just win Reds. 3 points here and we heap the pressure on everyone around us playing after.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #223 on: January 2, 2017, 11:24:01 am »
Makes a change from everybody else tempting fate with this "tough fixture" talk.  If we lose it will be all, 'see! I told you not to take it for granted!'

There is NO good fixture when you're playing 44 hours after your previous match.  But a Moyes side in 18th place with half its squad missing through injury and suspension is about as good as we're going to get.  People need to lighten up.

It's an easy fixture
The challenge of it is (apart from lack of rest) - they can do what they did at anfield and park the bus in an extreme nature - theyll basically play it like an away game.
They were pretty effective at keeping us out of the danger zone for 70/80 minutes so it could be one where we need some patience

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: January 2, 2017, 11:25:10 am »
Next week with the cup is the time to ring in the changes. Need the win, need to play pretty much the same team...Sturridge to start in place of Can and that'll do. Lallana to drop back and Sturridge in attack obvs

I'll never understand why fans think changing players isn't picking the team most likely to win when first choice players will be fatigued .... but there we go

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 2, 2017, 11:26:02 am »
Really? You think the team the JUST played is going to be fully rested and at 100% for this game? No chance. Not after the work we had to do last night. If we put out the same team they'll be at a high risk of injury and out on their feet in the second half.

Lucas, Moreno, Origi and Sturridge have to come in. It's just a question of how much further we go. Do TAA, Stewart and Ejaria come in as well.
We want to win don't we? Play full strength today and rest players for the cup game.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #226 on: January 2, 2017, 11:30:30 am »
As i said before, plenty of rest time after today with Plymouth on the horizon. Go full on and fucking smash them.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #227 on: January 2, 2017, 11:36:30 am »
It doesn't matter if they have 50 days rest afterwards, I never get why people say that. What matters is how much energy they have to give after the city match, and the answer is: not 100%. Some will be more affected than others but it's madness to expect no changes, and it would be madness to implement no changes. As someone said above, I'd be happy to see the full backs changed as well as studge and origi starting, also because against an obdurate Sunderland they could be very useful outlets in an attacking sense.

It'll be interesting to see the team Klopp puts out, either way. By hook or by crook, 3 points would be incredible today and would put Chelsea under just a smidge extra pressure Vs Spurs.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #228 on: January 2, 2017, 11:40:17 am »
I've got to agree with Klopp that it's insanity to play 2 games in 3 days. I rolled in at 3am yesterday morning after the City game and out again at 6:30am today to head to Sunderland and I feel knackered.

3 points is the order of the day, I don't care how we do it as long as we do it.

Expecting by the players are looking after themselves better ;)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: January 2, 2017, 11:41:33 am »
As i said before, plenty of rest time after today with Plymouth on the horizon. Go full on and fucking smash them.

What relevance does how much rest they have afterwards have to how much energy they have today?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #230 on: January 2, 2017, 11:45:42 am »
Expecting by the players are looking after themselves better ;)

Let's hope so, although I did cover 19km on NYE stumbling between pubs.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 2, 2017, 11:49:03 am »
It's an easy fixture

The challenge of it is (apart from lack of rest) - they can do what they did at anfield and park the bus in an extreme nature - they'll basically play it like an away game.

They were pretty effective at keeping us out of the danger zone for 70/80 minutes so it could be one where we need some patience

I agree for the most part.  But I would add that the ad-hoc team Moyes will be forced to throw at us today wont be as effective as the one that visited Anfield; looks like at least five of the 11 and subs bench that faced us that day will be missing for this return bout.

Yes we are also missing key players, but we've managed without them.  And yes we will also have some tired legs, but fitness management is what Klopp and his team are all about.  Quite simply we have superior players and a number of them, like Danny and Origi, will be very fresh, with relatively few minutes from recent games.  We have options that Moyes just doesn't have.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 2, 2017, 11:51:36 am »
I agree for the most part.  But I would add that the ad-hoc team Moyes will be forced to throw at us today wont be as effective as the one that visited Anfield; looks like at least five of the 11 and subs bench that faced us that day will be missing for this return bout.

Yes we are also missing key players, but we've managed without them.  And yes we will also have some tired legs, but fitness management is what Klopp and his team are all about.  Quite simply we have superior players and a number of them, like Danny and Origi, will be very fresh, with relatively few minutes from recent games.  We have options that Moyes just doesn't have.

Yeah I agree completely - it's close to mission impossible for them and the quick turn around is a bigger problem for them than us because of our quaility and relative depth vs their injury problems. It's border line unfair to have a player of Sturridges quality completely fresh against players who played 2 days ago

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #233 on: January 2, 2017, 11:52:38 am »
As fit and durable as Milner is, I can see him being rested today just because of the short interval and his age meaning it's harder to recover in time.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #234 on: January 2, 2017, 11:54:05 am »
As fit and durable as Milner is, I can see him being rested today just because of the short interval and his age meaning it's harder to recover in time.
If Henderson hadn't gone off injured I would agree...

But I think he will keep him in for his experience and leadership.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #235 on: January 2, 2017, 12:08:06 pm »
Could we see  Moreno? But maybe not at wingback?
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: January 2, 2017, 12:11:41 pm »
People are posting some strange teams.

We have go pretty much full strength - I would rest Firmino and start Origi, Sturridge and Mane. Back five unchanged and midfield of Lallana, Gini and Can.

We can then assess at half time and make changes if needed. Rather start fast.

I agree.  This game is too important to be changing the whole midfield, yes I think we should freshen it a bit considering the number of games, but Lallana, Gini and Can should all start.  Ultimately Klopp is best placed to judge and it will be interesting to see what he does.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: January 2, 2017, 12:12:38 pm »
We want to win don't we? Play full strength today and rest players for the cup game.

Is playing guys who are not 100% recovered the best way to win? It's not about making changes for the sake of it. It's about who's physically capable of performing again after such an intense game less than 48 hours ago. If our best 11 is 100% and ready to go then play them all again.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 2, 2017, 12:16:30 pm »

It's about how they've recovered from the last game and nothing to do with the cup game. It means nothing to say they won't play against Plymouth. That's not going to make them recover faster for today.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #239 on: January 2, 2017, 12:17:35 pm »
As easy as it is to say don't rest anyone feel it's important we don't lose anyone to a hamstring injury or something minor that hurts us more in the long run.  It's Sunderland after all