Author Topic: Liverpool Vs Manchester City - Pre Match Thread.  (Read 22490 times)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City - Pre Match Thread.
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2016, 03:32:44 pm »
I took a look after reading this, and came across this quote

"Raheem will be up against Milner - I sincerely hope we try to get the lad running at pace at the judas as much as possible early doors."

Does this thick fucker have a short memory?
hahaha that's classic.

Oh my...;D

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2016, 03:35:28 pm »
I wonder whether Pep will go all out pace with Sane / Sterling flanking Kun and then play over our press as often as possible. In all my time supporting this team whenever we've sold a big player there's been the fear that they'll come back to punish us. And without fail they always fall flat on their arses. Torres immediately springs to mind , Suarez albeit in a friendly, and Sterling's always been shite against us. I see him disappearing and eventually being subbed off tomorrow.

I've been sitting here getting super pumped for the match. But then I started watching "Ladies In Lavender" with Judy Dench and Maggie Smith. It was very calming and I'd fully recommend it if anyone's getting a bit too geed up.

Pretty confident we'll win this one.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2016, 03:47:41 pm »
I hope Klopp has shown the lads a video of City's away game at Spurs earlier in the season. Spurs pressed them non stop from the off and City were blown away. If we can start at a similar pace and intensity, we should have too much. 3-1 Reds.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2016, 03:48:04 pm »
Can't wait for this. My mate is picking me up in a van
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2016, 03:48:13 pm »
Woke up this morning with a momentary panic that todat was game day...God, I'm a nervous wreck.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2016, 04:02:06 pm »

Enough about your love life, how do you feel about the match?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2016, 04:08:14 pm »
I had a look and it truly is the worst of the worst that forum.

Hope we smash them

It used to be a decent forum until they got taken over and then a large number of them turned into entitled wankers.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2016, 04:24:28 pm »
Well up for this. I trust the team are too :D

I think City are a squad of mercenaries. Let me qualify that without it just being a cliché :D A team is about more than indivuals - when they strive to be something larger, they deliver in value more than the sum of their parts. Teams are often about innate understanding and synchronicity, I still think City play like a team of talented indivuals whereas we can be a flowing red menace.

Guardiola is class and hasn't been "found out" yet but the table isn't lying. They're not all that yet. We are the top scoring team in the league and we often have team goals and different scorers.

It's getting more and more obvious other managers target our back four, but our attack can be so potent we can turn that around. I trust Klopp as well, to act when others declare their game plan so obviously. I can see City being quite tentative with us though.

Here's to a massive win to see out the year, and to make a statement at the cost of one of our more worrying rivals.

I don't dislike City fans as much as certain other teams' fans but the nouveau riche element is fuckin embarassing.

I'm happy to support a team with a manager who likes to do things the right way :) Not to imply Guardiola isn't, but he's new and he isn't quite the force he once was (yet?)

Let's do it red men!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 04:39:02 pm by ToneLa »

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2016, 04:38:19 pm »
I wonder whether Pep will go all out pace with Sane / Sterling flanking Kun and then play over our press as often as possible. In all my time supporting this team whenever we've sold a big player there's been the fear that they'll come back to punish us. And without fail they always fall flat on their arses. Torres immediately springs to mind , Suarez albeit in a friendly, and Sterling's always been shite against us. I see him disappearing and eventually being subbed off tomorrow.

I've been sitting here getting super pumped for the match. But then I started watching "Ladies In Lavender" with Judy Dench and Maggie Smith. It was very calming and I'd fully recommend it if anyone's getting a bit too geed up.

Pretty confident we'll win this one.

Guardiola has said that Sane won't be available to play tomorrow, it wouldn't surprise me if they went with a front 3 of Sterling, De Bruyne & Aguero with Silva just behind them in a 3 man midfield with Yaya & Fernandinho.

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2016, 04:45:12 pm »
Guardiola has said that Sane won't be available to play tomorrow, it wouldn't surprise me if they went with a front 3 of Sterling, De Bruyne & Aguero with Silva just behind them in a 3 man midfield with Yaya & Fernandinho.

A midfield of just Toure and Fernandinho will be too porous away. We will slice through that (hopefully). But I can see Pep thinking the only way he could win would be to outscore us, so he might come with guns blazing. If so, then a 4-3 win for the tricky Reds...
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2016, 05:07:35 pm »
We have this
3-1 to the good guys

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2016, 05:08:26 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Am confident about this. Think we will see the same starting X1 as against Stoke. Wijnaldum against Yaya and Milner against Sterling key. Our front four should have fun.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2016, 05:12:14 pm »
Were just a bad matchup for them, if we play at our best they don't stand a chance and we will do worse things than Leicester did to them.

4-1 to us, Mane to have a field day as their defense won't be to handle his pace and directness.

2 goals for Divock and 2 for Mane.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2016, 05:14:57 pm »
I'll make this prediction - if he ls got the balls to come to anfield and play this midfield

Fernandinho
Silvia - toure

They're going to get utterly dicked in midfield. Doesn't mean they can't get something with their attackers but those 3 will get eaten up

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2016, 05:16:22 pm »
We haven't been outplayed once this season and Manchester City are going to work their socks off to match us, let alone to outplay us. Blunders are always possible, luck is always a factor, but we have nothing to fear. With crowd up for it and a big profile of the game - I'm confident we're getting something out of this.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2016, 05:19:31 pm »
Same starting 11 for the 3rd game in a row.  Should be a great game and I'm really looking forward to watching us win.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2016, 05:25:18 pm »
The atmosphere should be fantastic,the lads and Klopp will be fired up. We have had the better of them at Anfield for a while, so hopefully that doesnt change. Pep lives and dies by his philosophy but im inclined to believe that he will make changes tactically after the beatings hes taken against Spurs and Leicesterm

Its a blow that Matip is out, as Aguero is back for them as is Fernandinho.

Just win lads just win, its been a miserable year for me, i hope the reds can cheer me up for the end and have a brghter start to the new year.

Fuck off 2016

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2016, 05:40:06 pm »
Goodbye 2016. Hello 43 points from 19 games.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2016, 05:40:45 pm »
I had a dream that Sturridge was hitting on me. And then I realized he was just a robot. I think I was still willing but the dream ended. I'm not sure how this is relevant but I think it is.

5-2 to the reds and then spend the rest of the day and night drinking my brother-in-law's scotch. I've got it all planned out.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2016, 05:53:00 pm »
I think we'll win. Typical that Aguero and Fernandinho are back just as we are set to play them, but no matter. Their record at Anfield is terrible, and if we really get ourselves up for this then I really think we'll be able to win it. As someone else said, our lads and Jurgen should watch a tape of Tottenham's performance against City earlier this season. Their pressing just blew City out of the water. Not only do we have the capability and players to replicate that, we can do one better as well. Their passing and dicking around at the back vs. our pressing...  :lickin

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2016, 06:08:18 pm »
They'll probably be playing Kolarov at centre back. If we lose to them or don't score we have no excuses.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2016, 06:31:36 pm »
Please let John Stones play Please let John Stones play Please let John Stones play Please let John Stones play
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2016, 06:33:57 pm »
Please let John Stones play Please let John Stones play Please let John Stones play Please let John Stones play

Their entire back line is pretty shit
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2016, 06:34:00 pm »

It's either him or Kolarov. Not sure who I'd rather play against.
Believe

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2016, 06:34:14 pm »
We need to be cool, calm, collected and clinical in possession and agile, mobile and hostile out of it.

Kill the humourless

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2016, 06:36:30 pm »
Annoying that Coutinho and Matip are out. If both of those were fit I'd be so confident we'd win. More so Matip than Phil even though Phil always plays well against these. I just don't like the idea of Klavan/Lovren against Aguero. Think we will concede but still win.

My prediction would probably be 3-2 to us.
Believe

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2016, 06:43:55 pm »
Anyone know a good pub in Edinburgh that will be showing the game?

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2016, 06:46:05 pm »
Think we are a little over confident - they are decent and Pep will have learnt from their defeats.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2016, 06:49:46 pm »
Think we are a little over confident - they are decent and Pep will have learnt from their defeats.

I doubt the fans being a little over confident is going to affect Klopp and the players, though. Sure, they're decent and all, but I would say the odds are definitely in our favour.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2016, 06:51:53 pm »

OUR role is to cheer and love our team!

Klopp and the boys will know what to do  :)

Klopp on Pep:

“He knew he had a wonderful squad at Barcelona and a wonderful squad at Bayern but he had big influence on the way they played football. If you go to Barcelona as a new manager they will tell you: ‘By the way, don’t forget, we play like Pep Guardiola played.’ That’s the biggest influence you can have. Bayern loved the years he was there. He is a fantastic manager.”

“Guardiola has a clear philosophy and it is a pretty good idea. He has had a fantastic career until now. You always have to adapt to your players and that is what he is doing and it is what we do.”

He ain't taking it lightly!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 06:54:09 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2016, 06:56:00 pm »
City are due a win at Anfield.......hopefully for us they'll have to wait a little longer.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2016, 06:56:18 pm »
Yeah, he'll have learned that his centreback choices of Stones, Otamendi or Kolarov are not the standard he's used to working with.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2016, 07:01:54 pm »
Go for the weak spots - their central defense. Press the fuck out of them. They will be forced to go long and it will be easier for our defense.

When they do come out, it's vital Henderson is disciplined and is helped by those around him to cover those pockets they love to pick.

A rested Aguero against Klaven and Lovren does worry the hell out of me.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2016, 07:06:09 pm »

I don't think Pep is one to veer away from his philosophy
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2016, 07:08:46 pm »
I don't think Pep is one to veer away from his philosophy
Klopp said today Pep used Neuer to kick it long to avoid Dortmund's pressing. Pep is lot more pragmatic than people think and is kind of obsessed with making tactical surprises.

Offline psycllone

• Main Stander
  • Neo, its about time you free your mind.
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2016, 07:23:18 pm »
A draw tomorrow would be as bad as a defeat. That's like handing Chelsea the title.
Your intelligence is my common sense.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2016, 07:24:12 pm »
A draw tomorrow would be as bad as a defeat. That's like handing Chelsea the title.
Assuming Chelsea win, of course?

And your pathetic defeatist attitude.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2016, 07:27:40 pm »

Ok, whatever you say.
Let's just lie down and wait for the bullet.

Jesus Christ.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2016, 07:28:23 pm »

;D
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2016, 07:29:14 pm »
He of little faith !
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.