Author Topic: FT: LFC 4-1 Stoke : Lallana 34', Firmino 45', Imbulla OG '59, '71 Studge)  (Read 31282 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FT: LFC 4-1 Stoke : Lallana 34', Firmino 45', Imbulla OG '59, '71 Studge)
« Reply #201 on: December 27, 2016, 08:06:47 pm »
Doh! ;D ;)

They deduct own goals at the end of the season mate new FIFA rule ::)

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #202 on: December 27, 2016, 08:07:18 pm »
*phew*

relegation staved off for another year...
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #203 on: December 27, 2016, 08:10:04 pm »
Stoke are awful btw, we can forget about them taking anything off Chelsea at the weekend.
if Hughes plays some of the players he had on the bench tonight then I think they could give them a go, crouch hasn't scored in 18months or something, can understand why he started him. Hopefully Charlie Adam starts for them and takes costa and hazard out of it!  8)
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #204 on: December 27, 2016, 08:10:16 pm »
Today was one of our best displays and we kept perservering knowing that our pressure would break Stoke down. We were relentless and thoroughly deserved the win. My stream froze just before the cross for our 3rd goal......that was brilliant as you could see that a good cross/pass would lead to a goal.

The way Daniel took his goal was superb. Many a player would have missed.

It would be hard to pick a MOTM as it was such a good team performance. You could chose Bobby, Gini, Origi, Lallana, Mane, Henderson or Klavan
#JFT97

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #205 on: December 27, 2016, 08:13:44 pm »
Perfect result after yesterday's result. Improved our goals for tally. Can enjoy rest of me hols in peace.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: December 27, 2016, 08:13:50 pm »
Lucky    :P

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #207 on: December 27, 2016, 08:14:30 pm »
It's a little bit wank, though, after having all but thrown a tantrum about the alternative option, and also to ignore all the good Mignolet did in this match (IE, basically everything) in favour of focusing on what he did wrong (IE failing to stop a shot that would have been billed as an absolute wonder-save if he had stopped it).
Just looking out for his mate... and England's nr.1.

Needs a job back in England.. at a top club...
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #208 on: December 27, 2016, 08:19:21 pm »
Fucking right Tim nice but Dim question from the reporter, something along the lines of "was it important you won"?

Hendo just looks at him like "Course it was you fucking cretin". And then says "Youse always ask us the same questions, and I'm always giving you the same answer. We couldn't care less about anyone else".

Hendo finally being the alpha dog.  I hope he keeps that mean streak up in interviews ..... fucking right we don't care about anyone else.

Offline dudek05

• Main Stander
« Reply #209 on: December 27, 2016, 08:20:54 pm »
Great performance after a difficult start we still have our best defender to come back and arguably our best player near to fitness. Will be interesting to see how we cover Mane during AFCON but I am sure Klopp has a cunning plan

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: December 27, 2016, 08:22:07 pm »
Carra would take Joe fucking hart :lmao

Carra is a shocking pundit. Banging on about our goalkeepers every goal we concede and spouting shite after shite  :-X
Hart has been hopeless at Torino and has been making howler after howler .

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: December 27, 2016, 08:22:25 pm »
Keep two clean sheets in a row, in tricky away matches..

Concede a goal from nothing and nowhere - "liverpool's defensive vulnerability strikes again"

So boring. Teams concede goals in football matches. Get over it.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: December 27, 2016, 08:22:46 pm »
Haha, I'd turned it off by then. These reporters have the best jobs in football - they go to a ground, and have to do a couple of hours work speaking to the greatest people in football and all they can come up with is "did you want to win". No, we really wanted to lose and ruin our Christmas...

Makes you want to weep.
"Could you give Firmino the Motm trophy for us?"....." No....give it to that aul demented pisshead Tyler"   
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #213 on: December 27, 2016, 08:23:00 pm »
Great performance after a difficult start we still have our best defender to come back and arguably our best player near to fitness. Will be interesting to see how we cover Mane during AFCON but I am sure Klopp has a cunning plan
Think that performance with Sturridge scoring and Firmino back in amongst the goals again, will lift our spirits for that. Just in time for City. Then we have Coutinho also coming back after that..... and all of them reunited when Mane's done.
Great time for us!

City must be dreading this.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 08:26:40 pm by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 27, 2016, 08:26:08 pm »
and that fuckin 'ead and shoulders has started to make his barnet go all thin and patchy.
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #215 on: December 27, 2016, 08:27:01 pm »
Just read the BBC match report, which I won't bother linking here, and it's more of the same old story:

'Jon Walters headed home at his near post, highlighting the home team's vulnerability in defence, to give Stoke an early lead'. Errr, other teams sometimes score goals, no matter what you do. We've conceded one more than the great City, but convenient of them not to mention the 6 goals we've scored more than them, and indeed every other team. Load of fucking shite journalism.

'It was a mistake which will once again open up the debate over who should be the manager's first-choice goalkeeper.' Err, one goal conceded in three matches, and after two clean sheets. The header was a fucking bullet, and even De Gea would have struggled with that one. At least Migs got a hand to it. More load of fucking shite journalism.

'Indeed, the Welshman could have doubled the visiting team's advantage but instead forced a fine save from Mignolet.' I thought Mignolet was shite, what are you doing complimenting him? Talk about contradicting their fucking agenda.

Honestly, if we win the league this season I will look forward to hearing the press trying to make excuses for the rest of the PL teams, rather than actually appreciating the fact that we are a fucking outstanding football team. It's starting to really do my head in how we somehow aren't allowed to concede a goal without it being the apocalypse. The press can fuck off, we'll do it our way.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 27, 2016, 08:27:10 pm »
"Could you give Firmino the Motm trophy for us?"....." No....give it to that aul demented pisshead Tyler"   

;D

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #217 on: December 27, 2016, 08:28:19 pm »
Just read the BBC match report, which I won't bother linking here, and it's more of the same old story:

'Jon Walters headed home at his near post, highlighting the home team's vulnerability in defence, to give Stoke an early lead'. Errr, other teams sometimes score goals, no matter what you do. We've conceded one more than the great City, but convenient of them not to mention the 6 goals we've scored more than them, and indeed every other team. Load of fucking shite journalism.

'It was a mistake which will once again open up the debate over who should be the manager's first-choice goalkeeper.' Err, one goal conceded in three matches, and after two clean sheets. The header was a fucking bullet, and even De Gea would have struggled with that one. At least Migs got a hand to it. More load of fucking shite journalism.

'Indeed, the Welshman could have doubled the visiting team's advantage but instead forced a fine save from Mignolet.' I thought Mignolet was shite, what are you doing complimenting him? Talk about contradicting their fucking agenda.

Honestly, if we win the league this season I will look forward to hearing the press trying to make excuses for the rest of the PL teams, rather than actually appreciating the fact that we are a fucking outstanding football team. It's starting to really do my head in how we somehow aren't allowed to concede a goal without it being the apocalypse. The press can fuck off, we'll do it our way.
Story of our season mate. Story of our season.

I wouldn't bother. It's all too exciting! Would luv it if we can manage the league leaking goals, beating a solid Chelsea. Would shut up quite a few.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 27, 2016, 08:29:08 pm »
Wijnaldum is just a beautiful football to watch. He's like Clapham Junction crossed with a Nespresso advert.
;D
Can we have a bit more info about how remarkable that is?

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #219 on: December 27, 2016, 08:31:44 pm »
Wijnaldum is just a beautiful football to watch. He's like Clapham Junction crossed with a Nespresso advert.
I was pointing out to my wife and the lads, Wijnaldum's excellence since they keep banging on how "he's just doing the basics"...

That was enough. By the end, most admitted they saw what he brought to the team, tonight only!
I told them before the match that tonight-with Allen on the same pitch, is the time to draw a comparison and I can honsetly say- even though I'd happily keep Allen, he would be second choice behind the Gini.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 27, 2016, 08:34:48 pm »
The way Daniel took his goal was superb. Many a player would have missed.

I can certainly think of one who cost the best part of £33 million who would have blinked at missed. That was a fine goal, and it was good to see his smiling again. He knows his chances will come and you could sense that this goal was coming after the near miss (for him) against the bitters.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #221 on: December 27, 2016, 08:35:29 pm »
Adam Lallanas feet are so fkin quick hes a delight to watch, thought Moreno did well when he came on too

Do any of youse follow trouteyes on twitter, he has an ongoing thing of David Cameron not knowing about football and calls Sturridge, Daniel ingredients, makes me chuckle a lot
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 08:38:56 pm by Igor Tripod Biscan »
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #222 on: December 27, 2016, 08:39:13 pm »
Needs a job back in England.. at a top club...
Yeah, right. Sort of reminds me a bit of how Hodgson ended up getting almost foisted on us by the media. And, in all honesty, I'd rather have him in goal than Joe 'hair gel' Hart.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #223 on: December 27, 2016, 08:39:44 pm »
Very important three points which at one stage seemed a long way off. Henderson motm. Klavan did well again.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: December 27, 2016, 08:42:03 pm »
I was pointing out to my wife and the lads, Wijnaldum's excellence since they keep banging on how "he's just doing the basics"...

That was enough. By the end, most admitted they saw what he brought to the team, tonight only!
I told them before the match that tonight-with Allen on the same pitch, is the time to draw a comparison and I can honsetly say- even though I'd happily keep Allen, he would be second choice behind the Gini.

There was a moment in the second half where Allen went shoulder to shoulder with Wijnaldum and ended up on his arse whilst Gini cane away with the ball. That is why Klopp made the transfers.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: December 27, 2016, 08:42:20 pm »

It's the speed with which he does those basics, though. He's hit five pin point passes in the time it takes most players to control it. It's almost like he has some kind of competition going with himself to see how little time he can actually spend on the ball once receiving it. He's also deceptively tough, too. On the rare occasions that opponents do get close to him while he's still in possession he shrugs them off with ease. He's the kind of player you expect to read a Yorkykopite OP about at some point.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: December 27, 2016, 08:44:07 pm »
;D
Can we have a bit more info about how remarkable that is?
And the 8:15 to East Croydon has been replaced by a smooth, dark latte with an impossibly attractive Italian woman sighing in your ear...

...and the sound she makes is 'Wijnaldum, wijnaldum'.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #227 on: December 27, 2016, 08:46:37 pm »
I love the way we now have the mental strength and ability to come from behind and then dominate a game.

You kind of run out of stuff to say about us at the moment, brilliant, quality, togetherness, dynamic, fluid, fooking superb - yeah, all those can be used, but its more than that, its almost frightening how good we are at times.

100 goals under Klopp, says it all really.

MOTM - Bobby for me, to put a performance like that in after the week he's had, fair play.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: December 27, 2016, 08:49:31 pm »
Good performance, another three points.   :wellin :thumbup

City next!

Offline NeilR

• Anny Roader
« Reply #229 on: December 27, 2016, 08:49:48 pm »

Not to mention has already played for 2 cluster this season so couldn't play for us should we even sign him in Jan. Hart isn't what we need. Not good enough.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: December 27, 2016, 08:50:47 pm »
Wijnaldum is just a beautiful football to watch.

Are you suggesting he's been overindulging over the Christmas season?

He's like Clapham Junction crossed with a Nespresso advert.

Not content with poking fun at his rotundity, you're also saying he's as big as Clapham Junction. Tut tut.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 08:52:33 pm by Sangria »
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #231 on: December 27, 2016, 08:51:59 pm »
It's the speed with which he does those basics, though. He's hit five pin point passes in the time it takes most players to control it. It's almost like he has some kind of competition going with himself to see how little time he can actually spend on the ball once receiving it. He's also deceptively tough, too. On the rare occasions that opponents do get close to him while he's still in possession he shrugs them off with ease. He's the kind of player you expect to read a Yorkykopite OP about at some point.
Haha - yep. He's just a freak of a recycler. Ball comes in, ball goes out, comes in, goes out.. repeat ad infinitum. It's tough to get it off him or catch him in possession- and like you say- push him off it.

I agree with his speed of thought, but one thing I liked was that against Everton, I think he showed another side of him where he varied the speed of the game, by his choice of when to pass it and when to keep hold of it and calm the game down. Then at another time, he'd realease it immediately into an advanced position, while at another he'd play it short to a player next to him, revolve around said player and receive it again- keeping the ball and slowing down the game.

That for me, was the single most important reason why I had him down for MoTM against them. Was just something new that he did with applomb and that allowed us to play a little with the pace of the game. Almost like tonight.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 09:00:01 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
FT: LFC 4-1 Stoke : Lallana 34', Firmino 45', Imbulla OG '59, '71 Studge)
« Reply #232 on: December 27, 2016, 09:03:17 pm »
We have a chance, beat City and Sunderland and we're right back in the title race.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 27, 2016, 09:04:33 pm »

Odd that the line they often take "the team who scores the most goals wins the league" (which is true more often than not) has not been mentioned at all this season. They're suddenly obsessed with defensive frailties.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: December 27, 2016, 09:05:22 pm »
We have a chance, beat City and Sunderland and we're right back in the title race.

We're in the title race at the moment.  And if we beat these two teams , Chelsea would still be in the same position with the same point's ahead of us.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: December 27, 2016, 09:06:15 pm »

Right back? We never left it!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: December 27, 2016, 09:07:00 pm »

We are in the race. Not right back in it.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: December 27, 2016, 09:08:26 pm »
We're in the title race at the moment.  And if we beat these two teams , Chelsea would still be in the same position with the same point's ahead of us.
I wouldn't say six points behind is in the race, Chelsea have a comfortable lead.

I'm fairly optimistic that Chelsea will drop points in the next two games, if we don't capitalise on that, I don't think we ever will.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #238 on: December 27, 2016, 09:09:21 pm »
Right back? We never left it!
True, but we still need to wing it. Strike the iron while it's hot!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: December 27, 2016, 09:10:40 pm »
I wouldn't say six points behind is in the race, Chelsea have a comfortable lead.

I'm fairly optimistic that Chelsea will drop points in the next two games, if we don't capitalise on that, I don't think we ever will.

Thats a bit super negative? We have City in that time and its only Dec. Chelsea have won 12 on the bounce and are 6 points ahead, which isnt massive. We have generally kept up with them.